Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly I think they stay away from 'contemporary' historical figures not because of any heroism/are they really legendary reasons, but because A) it's in too recent memory and could come across as insensitive, and B) because it kind of ruins the fantasy appeal of things if you have a guy running around in world war 1 army dregs popping guys with his bolt-action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Exhibition C: Colgate white smile
Making all the heroes modern would certainly take away the fantasy aspects Fate gives off. However, I'm sure they could do something similar to the Kiritsugu vs Kirei fight from Fate/Zero.

Variant_Eris fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 3, 2014

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
The greatest ever practitioner of Drunken Fist as Berserker.

He looks suspiciously like Jackie Chan.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Since the Thrones of heroes is outside of time, why not have modern heroes show up for the Secend (or third) Grail War?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Leonidas would make for a good Lancer, I think.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I could see some wild west heroes showing up for Archer. Billy the Kid, Calamity Jane - they're dated enough not to raise as many modern eyebrows, and they are potentially Anime as gently caress.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Would John Cena be a caster because he can make himself invisible?

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011
Did anyone else think Caster and Rider were the same person until this episode?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Wait, they were different servants? I thought the whole deal was it was one servant pretending to serve two masters.
:thejoke:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Black Beard as Caster.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Black Beard as Caster.

Bluebeard even

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Honest Ray posted:

Bluebeard even

Been done though.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Variant_Eris posted:

Making all the heroes modern would certainly take away the fantasy aspects Fate gives off. However, I'm sure they could do something similar to the Kiritsugu vs Kirei fight from Fate/Zero.

You do realize they'd still be Servants, right? It wouldn't be a dude running around in WWI dregs with a bolt action, it would be a buff dude in the most ridiculous cavalry uniform possible decked out in hundreds of medals riding a mechanical horse that turns into a biplane and hoisting artillery cannons over his shoulders.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No one from modern times is considered a Heroic Spirit because there are no heroes in war, hth.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now Johnny Appleseed, that guy could be a contender.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Beef Waifu posted:

Now Johnny Appleseed, that guy could be a contender.

Berserker material right there.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Someone mentioned it earlier but Billy the Kid or some other famous gunslinger would make a really cool servant. They could have a cheap Noble Phantasm that makes it so they always get the first shot in a fight or they can shoot bullets into the past or something. I can see them saying something like "This may be the east but I'm still the fastest draw. :smuggo:" Is that cheesy enough?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Black Beard as Caster.
How about Ching Shih instead? :pirate:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Obama as Saber.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hero City Stalingrad as Berserker.

Or as Saber, using http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Motherland_Calls

Fangz fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 3, 2014

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

AnacondaHL posted:

Obama as Saber.

The presidential grail war, I would watch it

Thought that would make Theodore Roosevelt the Rider, and he would steal the show. So it would basically be zero all over again.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Hagop posted:

The presidential grail war, I would watch it

Thought that would make Theodore Roosevelt the Rider, and he would steal the show. So it would basically be zero all over again.

A different Roosevelt as Rider would be better.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Poil posted:

How about Ching Shih instead? :pirate:

You clearly never read On Stranger Tides.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I could see Einstein as the most metal Caster.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just started watching this last week and I am loving it. My only real experience with the setting before this was Fate/Zero and so while the show obviously suffers from the absence of Rider, that can be said of almost anything. In terms of the most recent episode what I like the most is that at the end the show finally starts to confirm the fact that Shiro is not the most well adjusted of people due to surviving the end result of the 4th grail war.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Warren Buffett could make for a unique Caster.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Squidster posted:

I could see Einstein as the most metal Caster.

If you're gonna science it up it's gotta be Tesla.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The Fate/Prototype light novels chose a very interesting choice for Berserker Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. (They're not really official TM novels, the author was just like, can I make a prequel and they were like yeah why not.)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Reagan as Berserker :getin:

(I like the mental image)

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Bin Laden as Rider

Airflamer
Jan 21, 2012

wow that story was super amazingly awesome, im not even joking right now

Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

Reagan as Berserker :getin:

(I like the mental image)

:911: Fund it

This show is enjoyable and hopefully will replace whatever memories I have of the FSN anime

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Airflamer posted:

This show is enjoyable and hopefully will replace whatever memories I have of the FSN anime

But the memories!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Alan West Assassin
Michele Bachmann Berserker
Rick Santorum Caster :v:

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Exhibition C: Colgate white smile

Walmart as Caster.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

people calling shirou dumb are going to feel silly after his cunning plan this episode

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Cake Attack posted:

people calling shirou dumb are going to feel silly after his cunning plan this episode

And now we understand why they get shipped together so often.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Also more Taiga!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Behold, the action packed anime, Unlimited Boys Love Works!! :japan:

organism
Sep 30, 2005
organism
C'mon Saber-chan, I obviously can't let you sleep within 100 feet of me because all men are uncontrollable rape-monsters who will seek out literally any opportunity to violate you the instant you let your guard down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

organism posted:

C'mon Saber-chan, I obviously can't let you sleep within 100 feet of me because all men are uncontrollable rape-monsters who will seek out literally any opportunity to violate you the instant you let your guard down.

Shirou avoids female contact in a futile attempt to avoid his fate of being abducted and becoming a kitchen slave :v:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 6, 2014

• Locked thread