Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Leaving his office as a mausoleum is some serious "A Rose For Emily" creepy poo poo.

drat that's a great way to put it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Maybe they're more worried that in his senility he started booby trapping his office.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I hear one time a freshly hired QC coach opened the door mistakenly and a Rose Bowl participation plaque swung down and clocked him in the head

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

In actual coach-chat, do you guys see yourself going after a Schiano, or an Addazio to hold onto that run-first hard-nosed stuff, or do you anticipate a shift in offensive philosophy to go after someone that runs a spread or something?

I think I'm more intrigued by your coaching search than I was mine. So much at stake, really. As much as anyone, you guys are at a real crossroads. The wrong hire will probably keep you guys just a cockhair above .500 for the next 10-15.

Deteriorata posted:

I'm not sure what your point is. History is what it is.

I'm just always amazed at how insular and smug you guys have been throughout history.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

In actual coach-chat, do you guys see yourself going after a Schiano, or an Addazio to hold onto that run-first hard-nosed stuff, or do you anticipate a shift in offensive philosophy to go after someone that runs a spread or something?

I think I'm more intrigued by your coaching search than I was mine. So much at stake, really. As much as anyone, you guys are at a real crossroads. The wrong hire will probably keep you guys just a cockhair above .500 for the next 10-15.

I'm just always amazed at how insular and smug you guys have been throughout history.

Michigan can't handle all the Dudes Addazio will bring with him.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Alouicious posted:

Michigan can't handle all the Dudes Addazio will bring with him.

"He sounds like one of those ninja turtles. Or Spicoli. Need a quiet dignified man that appreciates an ivy-covered wall, and James Joyce to lead our young men." :smuggo:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

The Pac-8 had an identical policy, which they changed at the same time. In 1974 there were 11 bowls total. Seven of them featured an SEC team.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

LeeMajors posted:

Under no circumstances should Michigan consider, much less hire, Greg Schiano.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
If Dave Brandon were still in charge, he'd have already hired Addazio.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Neodoomium posted:

Under no circumstances should Michigan consider, much less hire, Greg Schiano.

Lots of people are reporting it, that's why I ask.

Who is even a viable candidate?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

charlie weis is available

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

Lots of people are reporting it, that's why I ask.

Who is even a viable candidate?

Colin Cowherd says its someone nobody is discussing but that will make everyone happy.

Which I mean, sounds like pure horseshit to me because who has possibly not been discussed at this point? Enjoy like Mike Sherman or someone I guess

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
One thing is almost certainly going to happen, Michigan fans will be underwhelmed.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Which I mean, sounds like pure horseshit to me because who has possibly not been discussed at this point? Enjoy like Mike Sherman or someone I guess

If there is a God, it will be Schiano.

Or RichRod. His press conference will be accepting an Edible Arrangement as an apology.

But seriously, Cowherd doesn't know loving anything and he's just trying to generate interest.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Colin Cowherd says its someone nobody is discussing but that will make everyone happy.

If you want to pretend that Colin Cowherd is a source of anything except intentionally awful opinions then maybe Mora, but no one should ever listen to Colin Cowherd for any reason.

Bob Stoops also somehow keeps coming up because people apparently have not learned anything from the other 9564 times he has turned down the chance to take another job, including multiple jobs that are better than Michigan.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 5, 2014

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

MourningView posted:

When Hayden Fry dies I hope we leave a pair of aviators and some baller white pants hanging in a locker somewhere.

When Nick Saban dies I hope we continue to list him as Head Coach (medical redshirt)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

When Nick Saban dies I hope we continue to list him as Head Coach (medical redshirt)

A greyshirt would be more appropriate.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

LeeMajors posted:

A greyshirt would be more appropriate.

Goddammit, this is the joke I was trying to make. Day drinking!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

MourningView posted:

If you want to pretend that Colin Cowherd is a source of anything except intentionally awful opinions then maybe Mora, but no one should ever listen to Colin Cowherd for any reason.

I know, but for whatever reason some people are taking him seriously. But these are also the same people who have sources that said Nuss was going to get the interim head coaching job, and that Jim Harbaugh is the most likely hire sooooo

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
It's me guys, I'm Till Zellicheck

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Frustrated by their inability to hire his father, they are turning the program over to Bill Belichick Disciple Brian Ferentz.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Neodoomium posted:

Lloyd still maintains an office in Schembechler Hall, does he not?

You should probably look in to this because it didn't work out so well the last time a Big Ten team with a super huge stadium let a former coach hang around.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

:tinfoil:

:hellyeah:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
michigan athletics, lmbo http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400598837

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RIP Michigan, killed by nerds from Newark

Trot_to_Trotsky
Dec 9, 2000
Must... Destroy... Capitalism...
Grimey Drawer
Pssh, y'all just jealous that Jim Harbaugh is going to be the head coach, with Sean Payton as OC, and Bill Belichick as DC.

Gruden is going to be a recruiting coordinator.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Raku posted:

Nick Il-sung, eternal leader

Halah fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 8, 2014

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/clip/10929709/john-u-bacon-on-michigan

John U. Bacon on the latest coaching mania. With all the crazy speculation going on, I personally think JUB is the most insightful and thoughtful guy at the moment. He doesn't necessarily know more than anyone else, but he is certainly the most grounded, anyway.

For those who don't want to click and listen to a 2-minute interview:

1) Michigan still wants a Harbaugh, #1 priority (Jim or John, but Jim, really).
2) Jim Harbaugh is interested, but is still undecided what what he wants to do.
3) Les Miles remains the most likely alternative.

Basically, same point we've been at for several weeks now, with no change until the end of the month. LSU has their bowl game on the 30th, so if they intend to go with Miles he's not available before then anyway.

Nothing is going to happen with Jim until his situation with the 49ers is clarified. As long as he remains employed by them, he will say nothing publicly about any other job and will deny any interest. Only when and if the 49ers can him will he be free to speak his mind publicly.

Thus Harbaugh to Michigan is still a possibility, if only a small actual probability, and the whole process is being held up waiting for him. Hackett needs an answer eventually, but it will be early January before the whole thing wraps up, it looks like.

Meanwhile, enjoy all the stupid click-bait random speculation that's going to be filling the internet for the next few weeks.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Les Miles basically laughed them out of his office a few years ago. What exactly makes them think this time will be different?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

Les Miles basically laughed them out of his office a few years ago. What exactly makes them think this time will be different?

Sure LSU is one of the best jobs in the sport, has access to the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country, and has a loaded roster that could compete as soon as next year, but Michigan won a lot of games in the 70s. So obviously he desperately wants to go there and start all over in his 60s rebuilding a terrible program.

This is a fanbase that genuinely believes the highest paid coach in the NFL might leave his current job because he wore a Michigan hat one time.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Deteriorata posted:

1) Michigan still wants a Harbaugh, #1 priority (Jim or John, but Jim, really).
2) Jim Harbaugh is interested, but is still undecided what what he wants to do.
3) Les Miles remains the most likely alternative.

Thus Harbaugh to Michigan is still a possibility, if only a small actual probability, and the whole process is being held up waiting for him. Hackett needs an answer eventually, but it will be early January before the whole thing wraps up, it looks like.
This seems like it is not going to work out well for Michigan. Assuming both of these guys turn you down (which is not, I think, an unreasonable assumption), who are you going to be going after in early January?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Houston Nutt or Ed Orgeron, Michigan. Choose now before it's whichever one is left over.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Basil Hayden posted:

This seems like it is not going to work out well for Michigan. Assuming both of these guys turn you down (which is not, I think, an unreasonable assumption), who are you going to be going after in early January?

Florida passed over Ehud for McElwain, Michigan would be the perfect place for 'hud to show them what they missed out on

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
BTW what's it like to have a dream coach that just got dominated by the Raiders.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Basil Hayden posted:

There's a difference between who we would want and who we could get. There's been a whole lot of names floated for who we might want to go for, but I have no idea who's actually interested.

Dan Mullen and Jim Mora seem pretty high on the list. Who the hell knows.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Raku posted:

BTW what's it like to have a dream coach that just got dominated by the Raiders.

Hey, to be fair, those Raiders have Charles Woodson playing for them.

Charles Woodson

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I nominate myself for new HC of Michigan. Sure, I was born and live in Texas but I went to Detroit one time and also that little part of Michigan way up north that's cutoff from the rest of the state that no one knows poo poo about so I'm basically a Michigan Man already I figure.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
i've ate at both of the lovely chain pizza places from michigan. also godfather pizza so i have political connections

oddIXIbbo
Feb 25, 2009

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

ComposerGuy posted:

I nominate myself for new HC of Michigan. Sure, I was born and live in Texas but I went to Detroit one time and also that little part of Michigan way up north that's cutoff from the rest of the state that no one knows poo poo about so I'm basically a Michigan Man already I figure.

My 6-year-old was pretty upset when I told him that he probably can't be the next head coach of Michigan. In Madden, he runs the same pass or run play for every down, never punts and tends to return kickoffs to the sidelines.

Then again, he's never had a player concussed and would immediately get an adult if a stranger wants to sit in and watch film. He would also be excited to wear a headset.

I put his odds at 5%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake

oddIXIbbo posted:

My 6-year-old was pretty upset when I told him that he probably can't be the next head coach of Michigan. In Madden, he runs the same pass or run play for every down, never punts and tends to return kickoffs to the sidelines.

Then again, he's never had a player concussed and would immediately get an adult if a stranger wants to sit in and watch film. He would also be excited to wear a headset.

I put his odds at 5%

If the run play is between the tackles, he might be the man for the job.

• Locked thread