Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

justice4trayvawn posted:

here ya go mate

God is great
God is great
God is great
*explosion*
God is great
God is great
God is great
God is great
God is great
God is great
*explosion*
God is great
God is great
God is great
God is great
God is great
God is great
*explosion*
God is great
God is great
God is great

No, I meant with alternate dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Richard Bong posted:

You feel a fifty cal in your chest, a tank cannon is something completely different. It does give you an erection though. I can't find the Generation Kill clip about the tanks rolling by though.

Ever observe naval gunfire? :smug:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

chitoryu12 posted:

I haven't watched the rest of the series, but this is easily some of the most in-your-face footage I've seen from Syria boiled down to the parts everyone is waiting for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn3NIuEO-XA

Hoooooly poo poo that was like a FPS video game bloopers reel except it's human beings. What a miserable loving war.

What was the line of explosions that looked like it hit a row of vehicles?

Also that helicopter explosion was hollywood as gently caress.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zeris posted:

What was the line of explosions that looked like it hit a row of vehicles?

I think they laid a row of explosives across a huge stretch of road and used it to bomb most or all of a convoy.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

chitoryu12 posted:

I think they laid a row of explosives across a huge stretch of road and used it to bomb most or all of a convoy.

"Daisy-chaining" :mil101:

There's an Afghanistan doc online somewhere where a Marine foot patrol nearly gets wrecked by one.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF5MTgsw1L0

This one's longer, but a quick perusal says it may not be quite as crazy as Hinds exploding. It does have lots of dead people though, so about as :nws: as you should expect.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

That is some pro tier bombing I guess. It looked like at least 200m long.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

So, anyone want to translate?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Kavak posted:

So, anyone want to translate?

The monkey's name is Pat and there's another one just off-screen named Hato.

The stuff at the top is gibberish because skulls don't have lips.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
someone calling nato/americans and apes the same

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zeris posted:

Also that helicopter explosion was hollywood as gently caress.

I always think the fuckers in those helicopters have to breathe a big sigh of relief once they get the barrel bombs out. Does anyone actually call them hinds? I never heard that term anywhere except call of duty.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I saw that picture being posted by some friend that loves to circlejerk over this dumb wave of "independent investigative journalism" (basically a bunch of conspiracy theorists that got kicked from their jobs at legit news organizations and decided they can make mad loving money off of morons that believe they only got the boot for trying to report "the truth") washing over europe where NATO somehow is a junta, all western media is controlled by NATO, NATO is super-competent and, for several decades, has been sitting just outside the frame secretly controlling the entirety of global politics through aggression, lies and money.

Needless to say, MH17 was shot down by two ukrainian SU-25 belching 30mm death at it and this was all orchestrated by aforementioned NATO junta and the sheeple refuse to see the truth.

Also, Obama's endgame is to force europe into a nuclear war with Russia because the US war industry can make a fuckton of money off of that and there are "better" allies in "the pacific theatre".

It's...it's quite something to behold.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Volkerball posted:

I always think the fuckers in those helicopters have to breathe a big sigh of relief once they get the barrel bombs out. Does anyone actually call them hinds? I never heard that term anywhere except call of duty.

Of course they do, I've heard them referred to as Hinds in Metal Gear Solid as well :pseudo: Pretty sure the one getting turned into a giant fireball in that video is a Mi-8 Hip though.

Re: Syria Hollywood explosion chat. I think that's the turret you can see sailing down from the sky ~10 seconds after the ATGM impacts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PghG2DeHLo

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

ISIS boy scouts seems way funner

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Re: Syria Hollywood explosion chat. I think that's the turret you can see sailing down from the sky ~10 seconds after the ATGM impacts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PghG2DeHLo

Goddamn watching that thing fly towards your tank :stare:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

That's a flare on the missile, the target can't see it.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

evil_bunnY posted:

That's a flare on the missile, the target can't see it.

Cant's see it as well, anyway. I've never been on the receiving end of an ATGM shot, but by all accounts, they're extremely visible, even hypnotic.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Thank you!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Ever observe naval gunfire? :smug:

I loving wish, I was even an FO, the guys who did a Korea rotation used to brag about getting to call it in.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

So here's a giant waste of money.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/tech/2014/12/06/non-lethal-mortar-delivers-flashbangs-over-one-mile/19910537/?sf34417676=1

Marine Corps Times posted:

Grundy was inspired to pursue a non-lethal mortar after a visit with 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines, at Camp Pendleton, California, in the summer of 2008, shortly after the unit returned from a deployment to Iraq. The unit's Marines described the harassing fires they took. Rogue mortarmen would lob rounds toward their forward operating base from civilian populated areas, the executive officer said.

"Three-five had restrictive firing rules so they couldn't respond in kind because of the risk of non-combatant casualties," Grundy said.

An earlier Army initiative identified a capabilities gap that meant units had no way of delivering non-lethal force over long distances. A round was developed in 2003 without a payload. In 2009, Grundy seized on that idea and revitalized the effort, discussing the idea with officials at to the Air Force Human Effects Center of Excellence.

There isn't a capability gap, there's a trust gap. If that round fails to pop in the air and hits someone, it's fatal. I bet any one of those sub-munitions could gently caress up a child, too.

We couldn't fire Illumination rounds in the middle of buttfuck nowhere because the area had mud huts scattered thoughout. The few times we did fire Illum, clearance took 45 minutes for each round.
If you trust your mortarmen enough to lob "non-lethal" rounds through the air, trust them enough to put effective suppression where it's needed with minimal collateral damage.

Or, you know, just do 'em all.

Do the whole loving village.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
That bullshit right there is the definition of politically defined warfare.

TonySnow
Mar 24, 2008
Somehow I doubt that once they figure out that the flashes and noises are all show, that it's actually gonna suppress poo poo.

It's all the result of artillery and other indirect fire trying to stay relevant in a COIN conflict, the same reason we have the Excalibur round. It's such a fundamental change in the way artillery supports operations that when we actually get in a big shooting war, we're going to have a hard time going back to the "enemy in a treeline? Let's drop 100 rounds on it" mentality that actually allowed us to win WW2.

TonySnow fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 7, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TonySnow posted:

Somehow I doubt that once they figure out that the flashes and noises are all show, that it's actually gonna suppress poo poo.

It's all the result of the artillery and other indirect fire of trying to stay relevant in a COIN conflict, the same reason we have the Excalibur round. It's such a fundamental change in the way artillery supports operations that when we actually get in a big shooting war, we're going to have a hard time going back to the "enemy in a treeline? Let's drop 100 rounds on it" mentality that actually allowed us to win WW2.

If they're deaf and blind it will, but that depends on the strength of each submunition. I really doubt we'd struggle going back to conventional warfare though. We can still fire for effect with the best of them.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

COIN is such a loving pointless exhausting poo poo show with no loving payoff. Either go all loving in on rebuilding/killing motherfuckers or don't bother at all. Trying to maintain an image of a "force for good" is such a tiring pointless exercise, that gets more people killed than it helps.

Maybe I'm just jealous of the Russians who basically go "gently caress you, stop me if you don't like it". Because not a single motherfucker uttered a word when they leveled Grozny. They dropped goddamn rocket arty in the middle of an urban center because there was assholes holed up in an apartment block. We on the other hand can't even drop a loving flare over some dumb goat fuckers opium field without getting permission from 17 different people.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Bolow posted:

Maybe I'm just jealous of the Russians who basically go "gently caress you, stop me if you don't like it". Because not a single motherfucker uttered a word when they leveled Grozny. They dropped goddamn rocket arty in the middle of an urban center because there was assholes holed up in an apartment block. We on the other hand can't even drop a loving flare over some dumb goat fuckers opium field without getting permission from 17 different people.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i am also jealous of russian combat arms

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

"Every man is a disgrace to a man, the monkey looks himself in the mirror. No to war! No to NATO!"

dunno exactly what the first sentence is meant to convey, I'm not that deep into B/C/S idioms.

Force de Fappe fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 7, 2014

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Not gonna lie, I'd pop my bottle of special sljivovitsa the day Serbia joins NATO, just because it would mean the Russians finally lose hold of their little Mini-Me down under.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

camo comes in kids' sizes too?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
well yeah, kids like to play army in civilized countries, too

edit: oh wait, those kids are all wearing camo man-jammies, probably specially made then

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Slim Pickens posted:

well yeah, kids like to play army in civilized countries, too

edit: oh wait, those kids are all wearing camo man-jammies, probably specially made then

This kid looks way cooler.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

And people say ISIS ain't a real country.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Dingleberry posted:

This kid looks way cooler.

+ Lightweight
+ Blind Eye
+ Scavenger

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

holocaust bloopers posted:

+ Lightweight
+ Blind Eye
+ Scavenger

lmao

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

I'm a little bummed out that my avatar gifted to me isn't as unique as I thought.
My tears are melting my special snowflake self to nothingness...

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Dingleberry posted:

I'm a little bummed out that my avatar gifted to me isn't as unique as I thought.
My tears are melting my special snowflake self to nothingness...

Oh man UDT shorts :eyepop:

http://www.amazon.com/UDT-Shorts-Underwater-Demolition-Team/dp/B00C4UIH86

why are all the related items from magnum PI

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

justice4trayvawn posted:

Oh man UDT shorts :eyepop:

http://www.amazon.com/UDT-Shorts-Underwater-Demolition-Team/dp/B00C4UIH86

why are all the related items from magnum PI

That's just ignorant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU