Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

I would love to see that deck list. I was about to start building a Grimgrin deck with the new family members Gissa and Geralf but that sounds more fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Deckit posted:

I would love to see that deck list. I was about to start building a Grimgrin deck with the new family members Gissa and Geralf but that sounds more fun.

Same, one of my favorite parts of this game is collecting other people's crazy decks.

Also speaking of tribal, anyone out there playing Slivers? My EDH thing today got cancelled because everyone went to a nearby 5k, but I hung around for an hour or so playing against the store owner's Sliver Hive deck. He seemed to get mana-screwed more often than not and when I asked him what his manabase looked like, he said he was only running 35 lands. Even with, in his words, "a bunch of mana rocks and a couple Slivers that let you tap your guys for mana" that still seems really low for a five-color deck right? Granted you have access to every dual in the game, but you still to actually get a few lands into play in order to actually cast your ramp and mana fixers.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 7, 2014

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

C-Euro posted:

Same, one of my favorite parts of this game is collecting other people's crazy decks.

Also speaking of tribal, anyone out there playing Slivers? My EDH thing today got cancelled because everyone went to a nearby 5k, but I hung around for an hour or so playing against the store owner's Sliver Hive deck. He seemed to get mana-screwed more often than not and when I asked him what his manabase looked like, he said he was only running 35 lands. Even with "a bunch of mana rocks and a couple Slivers that let you tap your guys for mana", that still seems really low for a five-color deck right? Granted you have access to every dual in the gam.e, but you still to get a few lands into play in order to actually cast your ramp and mana fixers.

My Chromanticore (yeah I don't care about the rules) deck's mana base was:
10 shocks
5 basics
5 snow-covered basics
1 of each dual I owned
The INN/M13 buddy lands taking the place of any duals I didn't have
1 of each fetch I owned with the OG Mirage fetches taking the place of any I didn't own

I also played all 5 of the Alara Obelisks plus a decent amount of Skyshroud Claim effects. I never had the slightest issue with mana screw. I only played 3 games with it but flooding was pretty common. Though to be fair, when you're doing powerful things like bestowing Chromanticore on Cromat flood is fine.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Also speaking of tribal, anyone out there playing Slivers? My EDH thing today got cancelled because everyone went to a nearby 5k, but I hung around for an hour or so playing against the store owner's Sliver Hive deck. He seemed to get mana-screwed more often than not and when I asked him what his manabase looked like, he said he was only running 35 lands. Even with "a bunch of mana rocks and a couple Slivers that let you tap your guys for mana", that still seems really low for a five-color deck right? Granted you have access to every dual in the game, but you still to get a few lands into play in order to actually cast your ramp and mana fixers.

I'd play the conventional 38, you need to hit 5 mana ASAP to start going off with any Sliver commander, and mana rocks and dorks are no replacement for straight up land, so there's nothing to make you want to go lower on lands. I am working on a Progenitus Superfriends list, and run 10 fetches, 10 shocks, 10 trilands, City of Brass, Mana Confluence, Grand Colosseum, Command Tower, Cavern of Souls, Sliver Hive, Rupture Spire, and Forbidden Orchard. That's 38 lands all of which tap for 2 or more colors. You could also run the Vivid cycle to replace Zendikar fetches if money is tight. But ultimately you can have a 5 color deck that can cast stuff consistently if you shell out for a premium manabase, but it will still be more susceptible to land destruction than a 2 or 3 color deck, and mana screw will still happen from time to time.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Dec 7, 2014

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Also speaking of tribal, anyone out there playing Slivers? My EDH thing today got cancelled because everyone went to a nearby 5k, but I hung around for an hour or so playing against the store owner's Sliver Hive deck. He seemed to get mana-screwed more often than not and when I asked him what his manabase looked like, he said he was only running 35 lands. Even with, in his words, "a bunch of mana rocks and a couple Slivers that let you tap your guys for mana" that still seems really low for a five-color deck right? Granted you have access to every dual in the game, but you still to actually get a few lands into play in order to actually cast your ramp and mana fixers.

I have a 5 color Scion of the Ur-dragon deck that runs 39 lands. Nine of the og duals (I still need a scrubland), all the shocks, all the buddy lands, all the alara shard lands, and a few assorted basics and utility lands. I really should throw in some fetches now that I have them. I also run non-basic land tutors like rangers path, skyshroud claim, and farseek. It works rather well but I should probably adjust it a little for color balance. Most of the dragons are Jund colors so I don't need as much U/W mana. 35 seems low for a deck like this, especially if you have any sort of mana sink which slivers definitely should have, in case you get flooded. A sliver deck should probably just run tutors to dig up a gemhide/manaweft asap. The mana for the slivers is probably harder than for dragons too, the slivers aren't light in any of the colors you can't skimp like dragons can on a few of them.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Dec 7, 2014

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Deckit posted:

Here it is. Disclaimer: The deck runs kinda too few land. I recognise this. Between the store using the partial paris mulligan and usually being able to copy/steal a mana rock in the first few turns, but feel free to shave off some of the more clunky/niche cards for a few more land. I probably should do the same (And figure out what to cut on top of that for a Word of Command that I'm probably getting as a Christmas present). I also should really shove a Tolaria West in there but I couldn't find one.

:yarr: Story Time: Tonight in an EDH game, a Nekusar player had a Notion Thief (but not Nekusar himself) out. He cast Whispering Madness with a 7 card hand. I responded by Memory Plunder-ing a killspell out of a graveyard on his Notion Thief and casting my own, drawing those delicious 28 cards. Annoyed, the Nekusar player played and activated a Temple Bell (bringing my hand to 32), killed a blocker, and swung another creature with the ciphered Whispering Madness through to trigger it again, making me draw another 128 cards. I died instantly, but I can claim to have drawn/stolen 160 cards in one turn now :kheldragar:

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 7, 2014

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Archenteron posted:

Here it is. Disclaimer: The deck runs kinda too few land. I recognise this. Between the store using the partial paris mulligan and usually being able to copy/steal a mana rock in the first few turns, but feel free to shave off some of the more clunky/niche cards for a few more land. I probably should do the same (And figure out what to cut on top of that for a Word of Command that I'm probably getting as a Christmas present). I also should really shove a Tolaria West in there but I couldn't find one.

:yarr: Story Time: Tonight in an EDH game, a Nekusar player had a Notion Thief (but not Nekusar himself) out. He cast Whispering Madness with a 7 card hand. I responded by Memory Plunder-ing a killspell out of a graveyard on his Notion Thief and casting my own, drawing those delicious 28 cards. Annoyed, the Nekusar player played and activated a Temple Bell (bringing my hand to 32), killed a blocker, and swung another creature with the ciphered Whispering Madness through to trigger it again, making me draw another 128 cards. I died instantly, but I can claim to have drawn/stolen 160 cards in one turn now :kheldragar:

I used to have a Grixis copy/steal deck, might I suggest the Gatecrash Primordials if you have lots of players in each match, or Curse of Echoes if you want to be silly? Also, the first time I ever played the deck I dropped Gather Specimens on an opponent's infinite Krenko combo :kheldragar::hf::kheldragar:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

C-Euro posted:

I used to have a Grixis copy/steal deck, might I suggest the Gatecrash Primordials if you have lots of players in each match, or Curse of Echoes if you want to be silly? Also, the first time I ever played the deck I dropped Gather Specimens on an opponent's infinite Krenko combo :kheldragar::hf::kheldragar:

I forget why Diluvian/Sepuchral Primordial didn't enthuse me, Curse of Echoes lets other people steal too and that's no fun, and I honestly thought I had a Gather Specimens in the deck, there's one in my bird deck (partially for general shenanigans and partially because giant owl in the picture), and it really needs to go into the deck. Worst case scenario it's Desertion, best case it's :kheldragar:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
So I've thought a little more about mono-black Zombie tribal with Gisa (partly thanks to stumbling across this article), and would Altar of the Brood be too goofy to include? Obviously I wouldn't be able to mill everyone out of the game without a seriously good amount of zombie generation, but for a zombie-themed deck I'm sure there's lots of cards that can utilize your opponents' graveyards, right? Stuff like Rise of the Dark Realms and Gravespawn Sovereign, but what else can a monoblack EDH run to take advantage of an opponent's graveyard?

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Chainer, Dementia Master immediately comes to mind.

edit: Beacon of Unrest, Coffin Queen, Endless Obedience (cheap with all your tokens), Nezumi Graverobber?

Coucho Marx fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Dec 9, 2014

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Coucho Marx posted:

Chainer, Dementia Master immediately comes to mind.

edit: Beacon of Unrest, Coffin Queen, Endless Obedience (cheap with all your tokens), Nezumi Graverobber?

Yeah my mono-black EDH general is Chainer. Kill things, make a bunch of black mana (Cabal Coffers, etc), reanimate dead creatures; its what black does!

Also, my mono-zombie (ok, well I did add Geralf and the blue one; making good zombies is hard) deck is UBR, mostly because Thraximundar is awesome, and there are plenty of theme cards outside of black (like Overwhelming Intellect = eat their brain!!)

logis fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 9, 2014

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

C-Euro posted:

I do. I don't have fancy land money, but I've picked up a few here and there. I run 39 lands, both mana slivers, and what generally helps keep it all together is Chromatic Lantern.

Sliver Hivelord Voltron

Edit: Jesus, 300 bucks? When did that happen.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 9, 2014

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

I have a Sliver Overlord aggro deck that I run. For the manabase I do 10x shocks + 10x bounce lands + misc goodstuff and 5c lands (City of Brass, crystalline cavern, etc). I'm usually fine on mana. I purposefully run a few extra tutors in the deck so I can grab out a manaweft sliver if I'm missing a color. I'll be upgrading the bounces to fetches once I fill out my play sets.

Also, slivers are a blast to play. You're definitely archenemy from the beginning, but if you play conservatively and don't over extend the deck can be very, very powerful. Wild Pair is probably the MVP of the night, because dropping Sliver Queen and then immediately being able to also dump out Sliver Legion is an amazing feeling.

Scrimsax
Nov 29, 2014
Hey guys. I just got my playgroup into Commander, thanks to the 2014 products, (I'm switching from a group at my former local game shop to a group of very casual people at my school) and adjusting from a group of veteran players to a casual group is a bit hard - my Prossh, Thrax and even my new Freyalise deck are a bit too much for them, and I'm trying not to turn them off of the format. Anyone have any brew ideas for a deck that's more fun for everyone at the table, even if they're losing?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Scrimsax posted:

Hey guys. I just got my playgroup into Commander, thanks to the 2014 products, (I'm switching from a group at my former local game shop to a group of very casual people at my school) and adjusting from a group of veteran players to a casual group is a bit hard - my Prossh, Thrax and even my new Freyalise deck are a bit too much for them, and I'm trying not to turn them off of the format. Anyone have any brew ideas for a deck that's more fun for everyone at the table, even if they're losing?

Some sort of toothless group-hug deck? Like a Nekusar deck without any wincons, just playing benefactor to the rest of the table. Barring that, just buy one of the other pre-cons and roll with that.

I don't know if they still have this, but my LGS was doing a Commander side-event where they have a copy of each Commander pre-con released at the time (CMD and C13), and participants were required to use one of them. They also had all of the over-sized Commander cards, so you'd pick your commander (and thus deck) randomly from the pile. Something like that might be fun, depending on the size of your group and the amount of money you can drop on it.

E: Also new crazy EDH combo I saw today- Altar of Dementia, Rite of Replication, and Reef Worm. Dude kept yelling "SUSHI MARKET!" but he was playing monoblue so gently caress him.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 14, 2014

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I think the most fun I've had in EDH lately was playing my Planeswalker Control EDH deck with Doubling Season and the two other token-doublers. Played Vraska, immediately ulted for 24 Assassins. +1 Sarkhan and everyone was too busy laughing at such an absurd twist, when everyone had been ignoring me since I'd just been good for +2 Jace group hugs.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

I have a group hug style U/G commander I use. Uses Edric, Spymaster of Trest. I run lots of Howling Mine types of cards from blue, in addition to playing extra lands per turn from green. Usually speeds everyone up and negates bad draws, so everyone can play at a little more power.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:yarr: story of the week: A Melek all-spells player played an Arcane Melee after the Joira player overloaded a Cyclonic Rift (which itself came a turn after the Melek player Windfall'd us for 18). Basically the setup is: Arcane Melee + Huge hands of cards.

I took my turn next, and ended my turn with 5 copies of the Melek player's Gilded Lotus, the Melek player's Gilded Lotus, and I attempted to headshot the Joira player by casting an Ignite Memories (From the Melek player's graveyard) on him with storm count 16.

Only got him to 4 :shrug:

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Dec 14, 2014

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I was playing the stock black precon against the white precon and someone playing a riku goodstuff deck that doesnt really have much of a win con. The Riku player cast clever impersonator to copy my demon token in order to have a blocker, so I used Sudden Spoiling on myself in order to give him a 0/2 blank creature instead.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Victorkm posted:

I was playing the stock black precon against the white precon and someone playing a riku goodstuff deck that doesnt really have much of a win con. The Riku player cast clever impersonator to copy my demon token in order to have a blocker, so I used Sudden Spoiling on myself in order to give him a 0/2 blank creature instead.

Sadly, that doesn't work.

The Rules posted:

706.2. When copying an object, the copy acquires the copiable values of the original object's characteristics and, for an object on the stack, choices made when casting or activating it (mode, targets, the value of X, whether it was kicked, how it will affect multiple targets, and so on). The "copiable values" are the values derived from the text printed on the object (that text being name, mana cost, color indicator, card type, subtype, supertype, rules text, power, toughness, and/or loyalty), as modified by other copy effects, by "as . . . enters the battlefield" and "as . . . is turned face up" abilities that set characteristics, and by abilities that caused the object to be face down. Other effects (including type-changing and text-changing effects), status, and counters are not copied.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

SUCKING DICKS AND SQUEEZING TITTIES
I have been reworking my G/U commander deck and I am now down to cutting one card. The general can kind of switch around to whatever of the 4 I have available, I haven't been too picky about it to be honest.

So which card do I cut?

code:
1 Edric, Spymaster of Trest
1 Momir Vig, Simic Visionary
1 Doubling Season
1 Parallel Lives
1 Experiment Kraj
1 Eldrazi Monument
1 Sol Ring
1 Coiling Oracle
1 Gilder Bairn
1 Murkfiend Liege
1 Mystic Snake
1 Plaxcaster Frogling
1 Simic Guildmage
1 plasm capture
1 Draining Whelk
1 Fable of Wolf and Owl
1 Spitting Image
1 Voidslime
1 Llanowar Reborn
1 bribery
1 Mycoloth
1 Oracle of Mul Daya
1 stolen identity
1 Mimic Vat
1 Acidic Slime
1 Parallel Evolution
1 Rite of Replication
1 Fertilid
1 Beastmaster Ascension
1 Cytoplast Manipulator
1 Spell Crumple
1 Mana Reflection
1 Glen Elendra Archmage
1 Progenitor Mimic
1 sower of temptation
1 Forcemage Advocate
1 Cryptic Command
1 Breeding Pool
1 Command Tower
1 Flooded Grove
1 Gaea's Cradle
1 Hinterland Harbor
1 Minamo, School at Water's Edge
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Mosswort Bridge
1 Novijen, Heart of Progress
1 Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Simic Growth Chamber
1 Tropical Island
1 Yavimaya Coast
1 Viral Drake
1 Eternal Witness
1 Yavimaya Elder
1 Avenger of Zendikar
1 Yavimaya Hollow
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Alchemist's Refuge
1 Craterhoof Behemoth
1 Champion of Lambholt
5 forest
5 island
1 simic guildgate
1 rhystic study
1 chord of calling
1 ulamog, the infinite gyre
1 academy ruins
1 ancient tomb
1 flooded strand
1 moonring island
1 polluted delta
1 scalding tarn
1 verdant catacombs
1 windswept heath
1 wooded foothills
1 sage of fables
1 fathom mage
1 zameck guildmage
1 Prime Speaker Zegana
1 mystic genesis
1 forbid

1 Clever Impersonator
1 deadeye navigator
1 Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
1 chasm skulker
1 Bow of Nylea
1 Kiora, the Crashing Wave
1 Kruphix, God of Horizons
1 Prophet of Kruphix
1 Kalonian Hydra
1 Myriad Landscape
1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
1 Temple of Mystery
It's Fable of Wolf and Owl isn't it... I really love how that card looks but god drat is it a 6cc do nothing.

(Also keeping this as a sort of fair multiplayer deck, no palinchron shenanigans or other unbeatable silliness)

dirtycajun fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 16, 2014

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'd actually cut Mystic Genesis. 5 CMC for a counterspell is pretty bad unless you're getting something huge out of it, which that won't be most of the time, and the rest of your counters are a lot better.

I also recommend focusing your deck more around one of the generals, there are a lot of cards in there that are kind of mediocre with certain ones.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

I'd actually cut Mystic Genesis. 5 CMC for a counterspell is pretty bad unless you're getting something huge out of it, which that won't be most of the time, and the rest of your counters are a lot better.

I also recommend focusing your deck more around one of the generals, there are a lot of cards in there that are kind of mediocre with certain ones.

Thanks, honestly the general shuffle is just to deal with a lot of G/U decks in the area (I don't want to have multiple of the same general at a game) and a weird thing where if I run Edric as my general some people unfairly try and kill me first. I think the only general I don't use often is Kraj. I might remove him from the deck in favor of something else soon.

I had also cut out gelatinous genesis on the basis I just didn't think it was going to amount to much so getting rid of the Mystic Genesis makes sense too.

dirtycajun fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Dec 16, 2014

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

dirtycajun posted:

Thanks, honestly the general shuffle is just to deal with a lot of G/U decks in the area (I don't want to have multiple of the same general at a game) and a weird thing where if I run Edric as my general some people unfairly try and kill me first. I think the only general I don't use often is Kraj. I might remove him from the deck in favor of something else soon.

Weird; I mean, he's a good general, but he's not doing anything unfair, taxing, or degenerate. He's not really offensive besides being kinda boring goodstuff. Maybe just because he's banned on the French list, people think he's too good? I've seen a lot of people kneejerk when they're told a thing is banned in 1 on 1 EDH, but don't stop to think about how the power scales.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

hoobajoo posted:

Weird; I mean, he's a good general, but he's not doing anything unfair, taxing, or degenerate. He's not really offensive besides being kinda boring goodstuff. Maybe just because he's banned on the French list, people think he's too good? I've seen a lot of people kneejerk when they're told a thing is banned in 1 on 1 EDH, but don't stop to think about how the power scales.

People at my store hate being insentivized to go kill other people. Somehow it makes you a target.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
I guess he kinda acts to take attention away from that player, so (ironically) everyone gangs on him for that. And I suppose you can't leave any one player alone in Commander for too long, especially UG.

Cool list though! I'm building an Edric list myself because UG is fun, and it'll act as a base to build on if I want to use another commander, or if I feel like adding black to it or something.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

All I do is make tokens, make everything big, copy your stuff, steal your stuff, draw cards, and make mana! I can't see why anyone would be threatened by this deck. If you want to beat me don't play anything I would want to copy, I have to go out of my way to actually build some kind of creature combo then lock you out with counterspells.

The fun part of this deck for me is that it doesn't have any boardwipes. I don't want to wipe the board, or even my opponents side. It relies on target rich environments to get crazy.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Goblin Chiurgeon is the most clandestine of sac outlets. Nobody blinks twice when I recast him after a Cyclonic Rift overload, let the Thornbite Staff slide because I have nothing to equip it to, and then counter the Goblin Bombardment recast. Next turn, Kiki-Jiki comes in letting me infinitely regenerate my creatures, and then the turn after that, Purphoros.. :getin:

Man_alive
May 6, 2007

<Insert Witty Phrase Here>
I was thinking of putting together an Edric list myself, based on a list I saw of Edric backed up by an army of 1/1 creatures with various abilities (unblockable, hexproof etc).
I have since rethought it and might build the deck using Rafiq as the general (and still using Edric in the list), that way I have access to stuff like collective blessing. Now Im on the hunt for U/W/G weenies to beat up people with!

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

I made this Edric 'hug' deck last week but haven't played with it yet. Hopefully this FNM.

Deck: Edric Hugs

//Lands
1 Alchemist's Refuge
1 Arcane Lighthouse
1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
1 Breeding Pool
1 Command Tower
6 Forest
1 Glacial Chasm
1 Hinterland Harbor
1 Homeward Path
8 Island
1 Lonely Sandbar
1 Maze of Ith
1 Myriad Landscape
1 Reflecting Pool
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Remote Isle
1 Simic Guildgate
1 Slippery Karst
1 Temple of Mystery
1 Thespian's Stage
1 Thornwood Falls
1 Tranquil Thicket
1 Tropical Island
1 Vesuva
1 Wasteland
1 Yavimaya Coast

//Spells
1 Asceticism
1 Batterskull
1 Burgeoning
1 Cackling Counterpart
1 Chromatic Lantern
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Cultivate
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Dictate of Kruphix
1 Dismiss
1 Exploration
1 Explore
1 Explosive Growth
1 Force of Will
1 Gather Specimens
1 Horn of Greed
1 Howling Mine
1 Intellectual Offering
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1 Kodama's Reach
1 Krosan Grip
1 Leyline of Anticipation
1 Mind's Eye
1 Nature's Lore
1 Rampant Growth
1 Reap and Sow
1 Rhystic Study
1 Rite of Replication
1 Rites of Flourishing
1 Sol Ring
1 Song of the Dryads
1 Standstill
1 Stifle
1 Teferi, Temporal Archmage
1 Tooth and Nail
1 Unexpected Results
1 Wave of Vitriol
1 Well of Ideas

//Creatures
1 Azusa, Lost but Seeking
1 Breaching Leviathan
1 Brine Elemental
1 Clever Impersonator
1 Consecrated Sphinx
1 Deep-Sea Kraken
1 Edric, Spymaster of Trest
1 Eternal Witness
1 Frost Titan
1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
1 Lifeblood Hydra
1 Loaming Shaman
1 Lorthos, the Tidemaker
1 Mystic Snake
1 Oracle of Mul Daya
1 Pelakka Wurm
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Prime Speaker Zegana
1 Prophet of Kruphix
1 Scourge of Fleets
1 Seedborn Muse
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Soul of New Phyrexia
1 Stormsurge Kraken

Display deck statistics

Be everyones friend! Then copy their poo poo or make them tapped down if they give you guff. Purposefully light on counterspells. Got a land sub theme going on.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Man, I hate Hinder in commander under normal circumstances, but on MTGO if Necropotence exiles your commander from your library, it doesn't go into your hand as it should.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chamale posted:

Man, I hate Hinder in commander under normal circumstances, but on MTGO if Necropotence exiles your commander from your library, it doesn't go into your hand as it should.
Wait what. What does it do?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Toshimo posted:

Wait what. What does it do?

There's some sort of glitch with your commander getting RFG'd from your deck where it doesn't let you put it into a different zone, so it just stays where it is. I've seen it happen with Primal Surge too.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Decided to rebuild Tajic but without some stuff I thought was too degenerate like Sol Ring and Avacyn. I still like having the Sunforger package, and the smattering of land/equipment tutor effects help get around the lack of pure card draw.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

EDIT: never mind.

Gynovore fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 19, 2014

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

bhsman posted:

Decided to rebuild Tajic but without some stuff I thought was too degenerate like Sol Ring and Avacyn. I still like having the Sunforger package, and the smattering of land/equipment tutor effects help get around the lack of pure card draw.

I can't see your decklist since it is blocked at work (but SA isn't :woop:) but I have found the best card drawing Boros aggro has access to are Puresteel Paladin, Mentor of the Meek, and Reforge the Soul (with honorable mentions to Staff of Nin if you can ramp that fast).

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

bhsman posted:

That actually looks way cooler than I was expecting.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AlternateNu posted:

I can't see your decklist since it is blocked at work (but SA isn't :woop:) but I have found the best card drawing Boros aggro has access to are Puresteel Paladin, Mentor of the Meek, and Reforge the Soul (with honorable mentions to Staff of Nin if you can ramp that fast).

Yeah, Puresteel got in if only for all the Equipment I'll be running, as well as Trading Post and Solemn Simulacrum. Honestly, once Sunforger is up and running, card advantage becomes "tutor for whatever you need". Mentor might not get in on the basis of not enough token producers (though I am running some), plus with board wipes being a sub-theme of the deck, he can't expect to stay long (and it's why I'm considering removing Mother of Runes). Reforge is a good card to consider if I find the deck needs some extra draw.

LordSaturn posted:

That actually looks way cooler than I was expecting.

:lol: I'm afraid to ask what you were expecting. More tokens?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Usually, the Tajic decks I encounter are of the Durdly Do-Nothing And Die type, or else they're obsessed with blowing up all the land. I'm enjoying being reminded that Taj-Nar Swordsmith exists, and you generally have fun, good cards and not three distinct Shatter variants for no reason.

EDIT: Oh, and the best card draw for a Boros Aggro deck is Skullclamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

LordSaturn posted:

Usually, the Tajic decks I encounter are of the Durdly Do-Nothing And Die type, or else they're obsessed with blowing up all the land. I'm enjoying being reminded that Taj-Nar Swordsmith exists, and you generally have fun, good cards and not three distinct Shatter variants for no reason.

EDIT: Oh, and the best card draw for a Boros Aggro deck is Skullclamp.

In fairness, land destruction is a viable strategy for any Aggro EDH deck, but I appreciate the comments. :)