Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

cams posted:

he'd have to get fat as poo poo, all the way up to 206 pounds

loving fat poo poo

I forget how hosed up mma weight classes are.

Edit: I would love to see a commission sanction that fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
CM Punk is going to fight people on twitter who said they bought his house and people who call him Phil in public.

And Ryback.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cams posted:

as soon as he's ready.
the year is 2069. CM punk is finally ready to fight.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Solomonic posted:

So are you watching the PPV right now, or

I don't really care what they're saying on the PPV, he's not competing in a professional fight. It wouldn't get sanctioned by a commission just for starters.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Endorph posted:

the year is 2069. CM punk is finally ready to fight.

Cybernetic Monster Punk

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
And this all started because Vince McMahon wouldn't let Punk put sponsors on his trunks while he was in WWE.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

CM Punk is going to fight people on twitter who said they bought his house and people who call him Phil in public.

And Ryback.
i think punk vs ryback ufc rules would be an interesting fight. i bet ryback is slow as poo poo and would give up a sub pretty quick.

book it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

F4W posted:

There will be a C.M. Punk in-depth interview with Ariel Helwani on FS 1 at about 1 a.m. tonight talking about his debut in UFC.

Vertical Lime posted:

Colt Cabana ‏@ColtCabana
gently caress! ... Now I gotta learn how to hold one of those flags over an octagon.

Well he can relax since I'm pretty sure they're getting rid of them due to the new Reebok deal.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
If legit I look forward to his teeth getting knocked in and the inevitable whining.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I don't really care what they're saying on the PPV, he's not competing in a professional fight. It wouldn't get sanctioned by a commission just for starters.

It's cute you think commissions will refuse to sanction a fight that will make them a lot of money.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Lmfao at your appraisal of the rigid ethics of the NSAC

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
RIP Punk

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

If legit I look forward to his teeth getting knocked in and the inevitable whining.

I was thinking he just Silva's himself in his very first move

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Tell that to Dave Batista and the Green Ranger.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
According to the PPV, he's expecting to fight his first fight in 2015. Didn't he just take up jiu jitsu in 2012? Does Punk have any other formal fight training besides 2.5 years of Jiu Jitsu? Jesus christ is he gonna die.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Punk is gonna hit the Go 2 Sleep on some poor dumb fighting man. Maybe if they'd man up and learn how to wrestle, they'd stand a chance against former WWE World Champion CM Punk.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

According to the PPV, he's expecting to fight his first fight in 2015. Didn't he just take up jiu jitsu in 2012? Does Punk have any other formal fight training besides 2.5 years of Jiu Jitsu? Jesus christ is he gonna die.

I haven't been so excited to see a man die on television since Lesner/Cena at Summerslam.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Meat Recital posted:

Tell that to Dave Batista and the Green Ranger.

I changed my mind about Lesnar. I want to see CM Punk fight the Green Ranger, because that guy is a loving tool and I'm actually fairly sure Punk could take him.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He'll do one fight in Chicago against the canniest can Dana can find, maybe go the distance if he's lucky, and then see if he wants to do more. This strikes me as one of those bucket list-type things.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Holy poo poo please tell me there's a Diaz in his weight class

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

If you think that the UFC can't find a complete can for him to fight and get him through the NSAC after all they money they have made them/will make off of this fight you are insane.

This isn't CM Punk taking on Lyoto Machida, this is going to be similar to that Mickey Rourke boxing fight in Russia that happened last week.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well I hope he doesn't get too badly hurt, but good on him for achieving yet another dream AND getting paid even more money to go on top of the ridiculous amount he already has.

If the best revenge is living well, then he's sure as hell gotten more than his fair share of revenge on WWE.

Maybe one day WWE will politely ask him if HHH can accompany him to the ring for a fight :shobon:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Holy poo poo please tell me there's a Diaz in his weight class
there is, and its the one that is scheduled to fight anderson silva january 31st, leaving him open for a fight with cm punk later in the year

(cm punk's first fight would absolutely not be against nick diaz, though honestly... its an interesting matchup)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm not sure that getting five additional concussions in a single night counts as living well by anyone's definition though

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Punk will fight one of those cans that Herschel Walker beat up on in Strikeforce.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

even through the darkest night

my brain will hurt

allwwaaaayys

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
So now he works at Nerdist, works at Marvel, and works at UFC

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Look in my eyes
What do you see?
A guy get killed on live TV

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Midnightghoul posted:

I hope he's doing all this stuff entirely to spite WWE's goofy no-compete.

Vince: Everything is our competition!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
When a leader speaks that leader dies.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

CM Punk will probably be put up against another rookie.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sigma posted:

Look in my eyes
What do you see?
A guy get killed on live TV

cams
Mar 28, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm not sure that getting five additional concussions in a single night counts as living well by anyone's definition though
i don't have numbers on this or anything but i'd imagine concussions occur at a MUCH higher rate in the wwe than the ufc

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Midnightghoul posted:

So how long till they actually make that Cannonball Run remake with Punk?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Great I'm going to see my favorite wrestler die in an octagon

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Alain Post posted:

Pro wrestling is real

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Gotta finish that bucket list, even if it costs losing the memory of your own wedding day

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

cams posted:

i don't have numbers on this or anything but i'd imagine concussions occur at a MUCH higher rate in the wwe than the ufc

Well, it's the possibility of getting bonked in the head once and then getting the next six months off to nap, versus getting bonked in the head and immediately being yelled at "Get up Boxer, there's more plowing to do!"

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Dexters Secret posted:

CM Punk will probably be put up against another rookie.

Corey Graves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Well I hope he doesn't get too badly hurt, but good on him for achieving yet another dream AND getting paid even more money to go on top of the ridiculous amount he already has.

If the best revenge is living well, then he's sure as hell gotten more than his fair share of revenge on WWE.

Maybe one day WWE will politely ask him if HHH can accompany him to the ring for a fight :shobon:

You know, he's probably going to get bodied by a legitimate fighter that's pissed about these 'part timers and celebrities' getting more money for popping buy rates than said fighter. Punk is now what he hates.

• Locked thread