Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

elite_garbage_man posted:

He's probably joking, but there's someone out there that it applies to.
Don't go looking through his post history, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Don't go looking through his post history, then.

Uh oh.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

"well gently caress you mom, look what I have afforrded with my life, I have worked hard for this"

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

zombie303 posted:

"well gently caress you mom, look what I have afforrded with my life, I have worked hard for this"

look upon my works ye mighty, and despair!

*pulls aside blanket to reveal cumstained anime bodypillow with a fleshlight adaptor to his stunned family on christmas morning*

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Had me until

this morning I felt a connection to Sony and felt it necessary to bestow them with hard earned money in exchange for such a limited piece of history.

Wait it is a troll...right?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

They've gone and done it... they've gone and woke the sleeping dragon now.

Sony should have left well enough alone and now they're going to get it. It's not enough that they're bleeding benjamins from practically every crevice of their existence. Now they go and throw immense moneyhats at a niche game like Street Fighter just to piss off the market. Why pay to keep a game out of the hands of as many gamers as possible? Why not put that money into first-party studios and games instead?

I know, I know... this is the way the business goes as they say. Well, they forced Microsoft's hands with their early sales lead and Microsoft only responded with an NPD whooping (source: musings thread) by way of incredible deals and value. Microsoft will undoubtedly follow this announcement up with some real megatons of their own.

Gears remake collection. A true Banjo sequel. Halo 5 beta in the hands of gamers. The next Bayonetta, Dead Space and Crysis as exclusives. Those are the kinds of blockbuster response announcements I expect, and then some. You hit Microsoft with a jab, you best be ready for a flurry of uppercuts coming at you in response.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Angry gamers is so good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im reading through the neogaf street fighter thread now

if i find more i will post them

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Post all hilarious/angry Games posts here please tia

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Christoff posted:

working on it

right now im just looking at the street fighter v announcement because of how many people i know that are mad about it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

hell yea bro i wrap up my personal identity in a corporations game system too

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I'm just happy that the one console I buy has the game I'll probably play the most and that people will be mad about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A79_DszqteU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
All I want is a new, good Gran Turismo, Fallout, and The Last Guardian to be axed.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

All I want is a new, good Gran Turismo, Fallout, and The Last Guardian to be axed.

Last Guardian can never be axed

why would you want to kill all that hope and optimism

just look at all the people waiting for Shenmue 3

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

New Dirt game or some rally type game please. Less Monster energy and more rally

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Christoff posted:

You're a loving loser.

Add me on psn: RexPowerColt69

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

As with Tomb Raider, I wasn't going to buy it on the Xbox One either, and instead wait for the PC version - so it doesn't necessarily affect me. But if it is a similar case of "paying to keep it off another platform", I feel the same way as with Tomb Raider, this isn't good for any gamer.

I strongly doubt SFV would need saving by Sony, and if it did, and Capcom couldn't find their usual funding for _STREET FIGHTER_ - then Capcom is in serious trouble with or without this deal.

people are comparing this to the xbone tomb raider deal

except that xbone is not gonna get sfv

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Wait what

Also -

Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection (PC Digital Download) $6 - http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/138822

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

basically sony is bankrolling the development for sfv, like they did for Demon Souls.

They're doing all the porting work in-house at sony for the ps4

basically its not coming to anything outside of pc and ps4, probably because MS doesn't want any of their games to be cross-platform, while Sony is already doing it really well with FFXIV.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I'm mad because Dark Souls 2 never came out for the Jaguar

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I'm mad because Dark Souls 2 never came out for the Jaguar

but its coming to ps4

and im probably going to buy it again even though ive beaten it because god drat i loved it

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
Yeah I beat it on pc. Haven't played any dlc but I may get it for ps4 just cause i want to fund ds3/bloodborne

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

Im starting to like that word "EXCLUSIVELY" especially when they announced Street Fighter V......lol drat dem drat Xtwats went Awol when they heard the news yestetday lol I bet they prolly broke their controllers, computer monitors, cell phone etc....lol smh you just gotta love Sony

quote:

Quick Note: Does it REALLY matter that one console get's 1080p? I think that while graphics are good, they do not make a better game or console, its the games themselves, like Extra Credits said: Software, not specs, make a system.

quote:

Pretty disgusting of Sony to pay for exclusivity.

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 7, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj74k4wu3-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcNXe20dXI

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I remember watching this on my 360 like a month after launch

its a good ad

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Last Guardian can never be axed

why would you want to kill all that hope and optimism

just look at all the people waiting for Shenmue 3

How about development hell the likes we have never seen? Just years and years of E3 shows with no TLG in sight.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

How about development hell the likes we have never seen? Just years and years of E3 shows with no TLG in sight.

this is the best possible outcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKQETfwYep4

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

All this nonsense whining about companies getting exclusives, and acting like it is both unfair, and practically unprecedented, is hilarious.

I was around for the Xbox. Guess what I had to do in order to play Okami.

Guess what I had to do to play Metroid Prime.

I was around for the PS1. Guess what I had to do in order to play Guardian Heroes.

Guess what I had to do in order to play Skies of Arcadia.

I was around for the Genesis. Guess what I had to do to play Final Fantasy VI.

Guess what I had to do to play Bonk's Adventure.

I was around for the NES. Guess what I had to do, in order to play Phantasy Star.

Console exclusives have been around since the advent of the industry.

To rail and rant in a hissy fit of mistaken ethical entitlement, as if this were some modern conspiracy, is to know nothing of the hobby itself.

Exclusivity isn't unfair. It is a business decision. Get over yourselves.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

Capcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an rear end in a top hat. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Street Fighter 5 for either system, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel Street Fighter 5 for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
An understanding of Japanese culture derived entirely from The Last Samurai starring Tom Cruise and Ken Watanabe.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

An understanding of Japanese culture derived entirely from The Last Samurai starring Tom Cruise and Ken Watanabe.

The only way to erase this shame is by committing seppuku.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Christoff posted:

Wait what

Also -

Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection (PC Digital Download) $6 - http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/138822

gently caress YES

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A most dishonorable act, Capcom-san. You have brought shame upon yourself.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Who was it who posted a while ago that most of the rest of the forums seem to be unemployed or retail workers?
They were bang on.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

State disability for my migraines and fibromyalgia

Two Finger posted:

gently caress YES

I totally forgot renegade was even a thing. I think I remember playing the demo and being all excited but forgot about it and it flopped?

Cool concept

Wait we could get one of those LAN spoofing programs like uhm hamachi? And play this poo poo online?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Dec 7, 2014

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
http://gifsound.com/?gif=a.pomf.se/kvxgnv.gif&v=CXDY0jvaCPw&s=78

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Two Finger posted:

Who was it who posted a while ago that most of the rest of the forums seem to be unemployed or retail workers?
They were bang on.

I made a crack about it most recently but I'm pretty sure that's been the case since SA started

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

i cant stop laughing like an rear end in a top hat at this (im an expert)

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The jap culture thing is a repost of some nerd being mad as poo poo that Final Fantasy wasn't PS3 exclusive like 5 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm building a new PC this week. What do I need to know so that I don't destroy hardware and have it put together right off the bat?

bloops fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 7, 2014

• Locked thread