Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord_Hambrose, do oath these five (5) Savage Orc Boyz. 28mm from Games Workshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do oath these five (5) Savage Orc Boyz. 28mm from Games Workshop.

Oath Accepted!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Hey guys, is this lot oathable?

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
If we didn't claim a previous journal, can we claim it and the current one or is it only one journal a month?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath three armored cars and two tank-hunters!
These are Battlefront, 15mm, FoW models. Giving the Romanians some more attention.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I, JcDent, oath 5 Warzone Mutant Chronicles Imperial Soldiers and 1 Hasegawa Stuart Tank!
They have all been sprayed with Royal Light Gray.

I'm also going to journal them since mud would do good for them.

I don't oath my finger, but I'm sure it'll get painted.

Now! Can I oath these guys? One has some Tamya Gun Metal on him since I wanted to see how bad it would look.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I, drgnvale, oath for the month of December 1 Games Workshop Tervigon (28mm).

This is the first or second tyranid model I assembled, and the first one I tried to magnetize. The head goes on a bit wonky and the talons tend to droop if you touch them at all, but this guy has been on my painting backlog for nearly a year. Feels good to finally get around to him!

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

After digging around I think I found some things I could use for the journal!

I, Vermintide, oath 10 old as heck converted Skaven Gutter Runner Tunnelers and 1 heavily converted Rat Ogre (GW, 28mm)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Had no idea what to oath this month, so time to kitbash some chaos marines!

For December I oath five Chaos Space Marines

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
For the month of December, I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Predator and four Space Marines (and their bases). Models are 28mm GW, bases from Secret Weapon Minis.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Is there any restriction on minimum model counts for 6mm minis, either just to oath or to qualify for themed group or anything else?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Galaspar posted:

What's the body/legs in the middle from?

HardHead
Nov 4, 2009

Bouncer, Hey bouncer.

JerryLee posted:

What's the body/legs in the middle from?

Forge world.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Horus_Heresy/Legiones_Astartes/Sons_Of_Horus/SONS_OF_HORUS_LEGION_COMMAND.html

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
That's right! My wife bought the set last year, because she wanted to oath the banner bearer (you might remember, she painted an entire John Blanche painting on the ruddy thing, still no idea how she managed that). The commander went into the bitz box til I rummaged through the other day, found him and a half of Abbadon's sword, and decided it was about time I tried a Black Legion project. Each of the other guys, as you can probably tell, is dedicated to one of the Chaos gods, and I'm trying a colour scheme that ties them all together.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

moths posted:

I, moths, oath three armored cars and two tank-hunters!
These are Battlefront, 15mm, FoW models. Giving the Romanians some more attention.

drgnvale posted:

I, drgnvale, oath for the month of December 1 Games Workshop Tervigon (28mm).
This is the first or second tyranid model I assembled, and the first one I tried to magnetize. The head goes on a bit wonky and the talons tend to droop if you touch them at all, but this guy has been on my painting backlog for nearly a year. Feels good to finally get around to him!

Lord Hypnostache posted:

For the month of December, I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Predator and four Space Marines (and their bases). Models are 28mm GW, bases from Secret Weapon Minis.

Vermintide posted:

After digging around I think I found some things I could use for the journal!

I, Vermintide, oath 10 old as heck converted Skaven Gutter Runner Tunnelers and 1 heavily converted Rat Ogre (GW, 28mm)

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Oaths Accepted!

Indolent Bastard posted:

Is there any restriction on minimum model counts for 6mm minis, either just to oath or to qualify for themed group or anything else?

There's no minimum apart from your own desires - nothing stops anyone from Oathing a single 6mm, 10mm, 15mm or whatever size model, but most people will want to Oath 5 or more figures probably.

JcDent posted:

I, JcDent, oath 5 Warzone Mutant Chronicles Imperial Soldiers and 1 Hasegawa Stuart Tank!
<snip>

Now! Can I oath these guys? One has some Tamya Gun Metal on him since I wanted to see how bad it would look.

The 9 single-color figures are fine, plus the tank, however the guy you've started painting can't be part of your Oath (all Oaths have to be single-color unless done in zenithal priming). Welcome to the thread!

jodai posted:

If we didn't claim a previous journal, can we claim it and the current one or is it only one journal a month?
It's not explicitly stated, but you can only get one Journal point per month. But you can you can do this month's or any previous month's Journal to earn the point.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 8, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

krushgroove posted:

There's no minimum apart from your own desires - nothing stops anyone from Oathing a single 6mm, 10mm, 15mm or whatever size model, but most people will want to Oath 5 or more figures probably.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a 10 model minimum at 6mm. I will be oathing 8-12 models minimum, so no worries.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Krushgroove, I think you missed my oath.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Oops! I got Lord Hypnostache in there twice and missed you!

Plus, SA has been super-slow on my home connection (BT) for some reason! Phone and laptop have terrible connection times, so it took a few tries to get that last post sorted.

Galaspar posted:

Oath Accepted!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

So, do I need to reoath the lot of them?

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

krushgroove posted:

Oops! I got Lord Hypnostache in there twice and missed you!

I shall paint my models, strip them, and paint them again! :black101:

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
:siren: :siren: Prize Sign! We've got Prize Sign! :siren: :siren:

And our lucky November Monthly Prize winners are...

November Oath Thread, $10 OpenBookShelf 1d38 31 http://orokos.com/roll/237028
This goes to Signal!

November Oath Thread, Dragon Forge 1d38 37 http://orokos.com/roll/237029
This goes to HiveCommander!

November Oath Thread, Springer-Pinsel Set 1d38 33 http://orokos.com/roll/237032
This goes to Pyrolocutus!

November Oath Thread, Troll Trader 1d38 3 http://orokos.com/roll/237034
This goes to MasterSlowPoke!

November Oath Thread, Grab Bag Prize 1d38 5 http://orokos.com/roll/237030
Lovestick won the roll again, but since he still can only win the grab bag once, we'll reroll....

November Oath Thread, Grab Bag Prize, attempt 2 1d38 1 http://orokos.com/roll/237031
And it goes to Dagon! Please see the next post for instructions on how to claim this!

Congrats to all winners!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Quoting again. Dagon, let me know which region you're choosing out of!

Iris of Ether posted:

:siren: :siren: Attention: Grab Bag Winners! :siren: :siren:

We finally have albums going for both the US-based and the UK-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:

If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot.
If you live in Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot.
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

Krushgroove's Prize Pot
...I don't actually have this link. :downs: Please contact Krushgroove!

Iris of Ether's Prize Pot

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/118371598943498703849/albums/6062125106046823217?authkey=CNaG7-Drk5qKBg

So this prize pot is absolutely bonkers. Thanks to everyone who donated! There's so much stuff, in fact, that if you're drawing from this pot you should pick both a 'small' prize and a 'big' prize! In general, that means one prize equal to a GW box set and one prize equal to 1-3 solo minis. 'Gimme a big hit from the box of Bones' counts as a valid choice, by the way.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Iris of Ether posted:

November Oath Thread, Grab Bag Prize 1d38 5 http://orokos.com/roll/237030
Lovestick won the roll again, but since he still can only win the grab bag once, we'll reroll....

Congrats to all winners!

I think it's a sign, the grab bag loves me!

Congratulations to all the winners again, lots of really cool stuff last month.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JcDent posted:

So, do I need to reoath the lot of them?

The guy that's part-painted just won't count towards your Oath, but all the other models do. You can only earn one set of points each month, and you can earn Oath points for doing even a single 28mm model, so there's no actual need to do an Oath Addition unless you're a completeness freak. I'm assuming since this is your first Oath that you're not bothered about points, and if you want to be eligible for the various prize draws all you have to do is complete an Oath by the end of the month, which you can do with the models you've got.

Hopefully that makes sense! I know with the one-color paint, Oath additions and all that it can be confusing for a first-timer :) (it was actually way more confusing last year)

JcDent
May 13, 2013

krushgroove posted:

The guy that's part-painted just won't count towards your Oath, but all the other models do. You can only earn one set of points each month, and you can earn Oath points for doing even a single 28mm model, so there's no actual need to do an Oath Addition unless you're a completeness freak. I'm assuming since this is your first Oath that you're not bothered about points, and if you want to be eligible for the various prize draws all you have to do is complete an Oath by the end of the month, which you can do with the models you've got.

Hopefully that makes sense! I know with the one-color paint, Oath additions and all that it can be confusing for a first-timer :) (it was actually way more confusing last year)

I read ya. Will do my painting best!

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Iris of Ether posted:

Quoting again. Dagon, let me know which region you're choosing out of!

I'm in your pot and will send you a PM with my picks shortly.

:siren:Signal and Illudere:siren: PM me or email chris@lees-lists.com for your DriveThruRPG gift cert prize!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Iris of Ether posted:

November Oath Thread, Springer-Pinsel Set 1d38 33 http://orokos.com/roll/237032
This goes to Pyrolocutus!

Congrats to all winners!

Wowza! New brushes! Thanks Oath thread :3:

I will email krushgroove sometime later today about the address.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Hey Krushgroove,

Did you ever get my email about the Dragon Forge Bases prize I got a while back? I never heard back from you and just wanted to confirm that it got submitted. Thanks!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Iris of Ether posted:

November Oath Thread, $10 OpenBookShelf 1d38 31 http://orokos.com/roll/237028
This goes to Signal!

Awesome, thanks Oath Thread!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I Indolent Bastard oath 8 6mm Viking Bowmen(Baccus Miniatures) and 1 Ork Nob (Citadel Miniatures/Games Workshop)

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Pash posted:

Hey Krushgroove,

Did you ever get my email about the Dragon Forge Bases prize I got a while back? I never heard back from you and just wanted to confirm that it got submitted. Thanks!

I was going to ask something along these lines. I pm'd Krushgroove and there was no reply but it showed as read so I assumed things had been set in motion. It never hurts to double check though.

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

I, laikathespacedog do hereby oath: 1 GW Ogryn with plastic sink and plasticard mirror and 1 Reaper Svetlana the Frost Giant

I, also, have a question about prizes... I just realized I won the drawing for the Quarter One Badger Airbrush Minitaire starter set... should I send Krushgroove a PM with my address?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Indolent Bastard posted:

I Indolent Bastard oath 8 6mm Viking Bowmen(Baccus Miniatures) and 1 Ork Nob (Citadel Miniatures/Games Workshop)

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

I, laikathespacedog do hereby oath: 1 GW Ogryn with plastic sink and plasticard mirror and 1 Reaper Svetlana the Frost Giant

I, also, have a question about prizes... I just realized I won the drawing for the Quarter One Badger Airbrush Minitaire starter set... should I send Krushgroove a PM with my address?

Oaths Accepted!

LaikatheSpaceDog
- email (krushgroove169@gmail.com) is better because it's easier to search and organize but PM is...OK :)

Pash posted:

Hey Krushgroove,

jodai posted:

I was going to ask something along these lines. I pm'd Krushgroove and there was no reply but it showed as read so I assumed things had been set in motion. It never hurts to double check though.

Yep, got your PMs, I have a little catching up to do with PMs as well as prizes - I'll be answering you guys & gals shortly!

:siren: PRIZE WINNERS! :siren:
Everyone - as I mentioned above, email is easier for me to deal with, so if you haven't been in touch yet about prizes please email me at krushgroove169@gmail.com - this means you don't have to have a Platinum account to PM me!

I actually haven't had many people get in touch about prizes this time around, I'm not sure if that means people aren't bothered about getting their prizes or they just expect me to send out prizes because I already have your address from last time.

Up to now, I've been operating on the default of 'prize winners get in touch', but maybe this is the wrong approach? There were several instances in the last thread where prizewinner's choices had to be delayed because someone didn't tell me what they wanted from the Grab Bag, Troll Trader prizes, etc. Should I assume people who don't get in touch don't want their prizes? Opinions?

I know we've been running a little late on draws, etc., the last couple of months...but even so I would have expected more people to get in touch.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

stabbington posted:

If you have plat, PM me your address and the faction you'd prefer, otherwise email me at stabworth.sa@gmail.com.

Just got the stuff in the mail! Thanks a bunch!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Up to now, I've been operating on the default of 'prize winners get in touch', but maybe this is the wrong approach? There were several instances in the last thread where prizewinner's choices had to be delayed because someone didn't tell me what they wanted from the Grab Bag, Troll Trader prizes, etc. Should I assume people who don't get in touch don't want their prizes? Opinions?

I know we've been running a little late on draws, etc., the last couple of months...but even so I would have expected more people to get in touch.

Give the first announcement in the thread, then a second announcement in the thread and if they have PMs a PM a week later, 14 days after that, re-draw for the prize during the next prize cycle.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Indolent Bastard posted:

Give the first announcement in the thread, then a second announcement in the thread and if they have PMs a PM a week later, 14 days after that, re-draw for the prize during the next prize cycle.

This sounds like an idea. With the draws being a bit behind, winners might not be checking thread.

On the prize front, is there any update on the Euro grab bag?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Indolent Bastard posted:

I will do something like this, need to catch up and see who doesn't have what first, I'll try to sort that by the end of the month, sending emails and PMs to the people I'm not sure about.

Grey Hunter posted:

Tonight I'll take brand new pictures of what I've got in the EU Grab Bag! There's a link in the OP but it's probably a little out of date.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Grey Hunter posted:

This sounds like an idea. With the draws being a bit behind, winners might not be checking thread.

Thanks for mentioning this, it turns out I won some prizes and just wasn't paying attention because of how busy the last couple of months have been.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing for december 2014, The Archangel from Privateer Press

AT LONG LAST

Also, as for prizes; I never did receive the grab bag item from the last thread. Or all the bases from dragon forge from the thread before, though I got half of that batch so eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

From Corvus Belli/Infinity: two Extros, a Clipsos, a Kotail, and a Gao Rael (I think? These aren't mine, and Tohaa names are weird. Five alien dudes.)

• Locked thread