Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
Greece vs USA and Denmark vs England semis.

USA probably beats Greece. I'd like an Anglophone finals, but I expect (as any true Englishman must) that my team will lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Woo! Greece into the top 4!
Antiwoo! Greece vs USA!

2004 is only 10 years away, we can still make it! :pirate:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Super risky maximum aggression line pays off for Denmark.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
USA down 1-0 in all three matches off-camera

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Omnikin posted:

USA down 1-0 in all three matches off-camera

Greek MtG fans right now:

VV: They said on the coverage that it's a great matchup for Greece. :getin:

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Dec 7, 2014

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
1-1 US and Greece. Final match rests on Greek Mardu vs American UW Heroic.

England 1-0 up. Whew, I thought we looked like we were getting smacked around in all three matches.

E: GREEK VICTORY. Celebrate, Serp.

Double Game 3s. Come on, England.

Sleep of Bronze fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Dec 7, 2014

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sleep of Bronze posted:

E: GREEK VICTORY. Celebrate, Serp.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
That Hero's Downfall into Strived Silence the Believers was pretty legit tho :allears:

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

Match 3, Game 3 decider. :derp:

And there we go. Good show, chaps.

Sleep of Bronze fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Dec 7, 2014

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Are these references to classical Greek seafaring or is there some other joke I'm missing?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

JerryLee posted:

Are these references to classical Greek seafaring or is there some other joke I'm missing?

When Greece won the 2004 European Football Championship, we called it "The Pirate Ship", probably because it was super unexpected.

EDIT: Oh god it's 1-1 in matches, this is so tense.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Dec 7, 2014

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

Other matches finished 1-1. Final match still in game 1, with both players at 40+ life.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I know it's not gonna happen but Whip should be banned from standard. Not because it's broken but because it makes games take forever and is boring as hell.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

That fuckin' game. And that poor bloody Rhino.

Aaaand another M3 G3. Sweet.

Sleep of Bronze fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Dec 7, 2014

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

That Soul of Theros activation for exact lethal. :drat:

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

Sleep of Bronze posted:

That fuckin' game. And that poor bloody Rhino.

Aaaand another M3 G3. Sweet.

Jesus Christ. I thought I understood how to play this game. What's even happening here?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Jesus Christ. I thought I understood how to play this game. What's even happening here?

Both players had a bunch of stuff, Greek dude destroyed most of Danish dude's stuff, attacked with everything.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

Infinite turns of value with Sidisi, Whip of Erebos, Hornet Queens, Soul of Innistrad and Doomwake Giants, until Savvidis wiped his opponent's board with the Giants and just shoved his mass of creatures into the red zone.

loving lol, Ashiok ultimate on camera in World Cup finals. I love it.

Sleep of Bronze fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Dec 7, 2014

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

This is the most dramatic mana screw I have ever seen for Savvidis.

E: And holy poo poo, that super slam Duneblast.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

Dat Duneblast. Such a tense game.

DENMARK. My God, that last game.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Duneblast :negative:

Goddam mana screw man, that was BRUTAL.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

It was the best of topdecks, it was the worst of topdecks. :stare:

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

The newscasters are in such shock ... that their mics aren't on. C'mon, Wizards, ffs.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Greece must feel terrible. Only lost because of extreme mana screw and the other team was jumping up and down, high fiving each other.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

joats posted:

Greece must feel terrible. Only lost because of extreme mana screw and the other team was jumping up and down, high fiving each other.

It really doesn't feel like a good loss. I know it's part of Magic and all, mana screw happens, but it was such a bomb mana screw (Dig Through Time, one land :negative:), and Denmark topdecked perfectly after that Ashiok ult, it just feels bad.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

Modern Masters 2. What a surprise.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Zendicar fetches?

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Zendicar fetches?

Probably. Goes up to NPH and it would match with the KTK/Onslaught fetches.

Sleep of Bronze fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 7, 2014

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Christ I want to go to that Vegas GP.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
10 bucks a pack?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Attorney at Funk posted:

10 bucks a pack?

Yeesh. 30 bucks a draft. I'm gonna spend way too much money on that.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I missed part of the stream, did they show what that little golden thing in front of Helene Bergeot is?

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

Their venue in Vegas is meant to have a 10,000 person capacity. :stare:

And they'll handle it by splitting it into 2 GPs if they get over 5k players.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

mcmagic posted:

Yeesh. 30 bucks a draft. I'm gonna spend way too much money on that.

I wonder if the higher MSRP signals an intention to up the print run.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I don't think this will drive down Modern prices that much then.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

So pretty much confirmed no Bob, no Goyf....

Sell your Karns!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
8th you say? I know the perfect card!

Because I hate my fellow man.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mcmagic posted:

So pretty much confirmed no Bob, no Goyf....

Sell your Karns!

I did not see the stream. What confirms no bob or goyf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

First Bass posted:

8th you say? I know the perfect card!

Because I hate my fellow man.

They should make it Mythic with the same art as Tarmogoyf but with a small change.

• Locked thread