Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah who has tried out a lot of the guns in the patch changes and what's your input?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Christoff posted:

Yeah who has tried out a lot of the guns in the patch changes and what's your input?

BAL is still the BAL, but the change is kinda noticeable.

AK's very nice as it was unchanged, the H one is meh.

KF5 I've only used in its breakneck elite version which is hilarious.

I'll try the ASM1 after I've eaten. I liked the speakeasy version of it but I haven't used it in weeks.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dalai Trauma posted:

BAL is still the BAL, but the change is kinda noticeable.

AK's very nice as it was unchanged, the H one is meh.

KF5 I've only used in its breakneck elite version which is hilarious.

I'll try the ASM1 after I've eaten. I liked the speakeasy version of it but I haven't used it in weeks.

What are the bonuses on the Speakeasy? I only have the Reckless.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Mister Macys posted:

What are the bonuses on the Speakeasy? I only have the Reckless.

fire rate +2, with damage and range down 1. Then an incorporated extended mags for...64? rounds in a clip.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Here's a screenshot with us with 0 wins in HC KC!

You'll notice we have (at least) 11+10+6 wins there on the left. Nope!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

When I've finished KC I'll go back over there.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Dalai Trauma posted:

When I've finished KC I'll go back over there.

It's just super buggy

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

BaronVanAwesome posted:

It's just super buggy

Nah, it's the same as Ghosts clan wars. Once you cap it the other teams then have to get you back to 0 wins before they can race for it again. They went crazy on HCKC whilst you guys were sleeping. I did a few matches but for every win I got we'd lost 3.

To win it back we have to start from 0 again.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I am playing he kc and it won't even show me in the clan on the app. poo poo is garbage

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Single player ending spoilers

The dumbest poo poo. Are you trying to tell me that these two guys were able to survive rocket exhaust temperatures, which causal googling says is around 6000°F, because of -armor and moxie-? Then you stab through your robot arm to kill Kevin Spacey (the arm he gave you HOW SYMBOLIC). And for God's sake, stop ripping off MW3. I know it was the last time the story campaign was even slightly good but that doesn't mean you can just keep cannibalizing its corpse!

Rabble rabble cod is bad

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The dumbest poo poo. Are you trying to tell me that these two guys were able to survive rocket exhaust temperatures, which causal googling says is around 6000°F, because of -armor and moxie-? Then you stab through your robot arm to kill Kevin Spacey (the arm he gave you HOW SYMBOLIC). And for God's sake, stop ripping off MW3. I know it was the last time the story campaign was even slightly good but that doesn't mean you can just keep cannibalizing its corpse!

Rabble rabble cod is bad

No way Jeff Gurstmann doesn't make this his personal Game of the Year. :woop:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Spoon, either you left the worms game or it just timed out because I was given the message "this game session is no longer available". So I guess we'll just call it a tie.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
The app says Pillow Talk just took the HCKC node a few minutes ago but its not showing on the map.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lasers take the day.

tjones
May 13, 2005
The clan I'm joined to is having issues as well. Three of us have been playing dom and s&d for a while and it still shows 0 contributions.

I'm not sure if it is just completely broken or we are that far behind. If my assumptions are correct, shouldn't at least tally all our wins?

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Pretty_Llama posted:

What happened to everyone? The only other person on last night from 8 to 9 EST was Frequency that I saw.

Playing alone is rough - I just don't get the pubbie mentality of completely ignoring any and all objectives.

I'm stuck in Toronto for the next few days. I'll be on late next week and next weekend.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just applied to BOYS as Mattydiah

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Rabble rabble cod is bad
It's not symbolic - it's literally the climax of Die Hard 1, blatantly stolen.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

bad games all around clan wars is a piece of poo poo

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
They definitely buffed the Dom points cap way too much. I got a Vulcan with only capping two points and a kill. And I think a guy on the other team got a system hack with only capping two Dom points.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

Lasers take the day.

Get lasers get kills.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Two questions.

1. Does anyone equip exo suit abilities? I hardly see them used and I just carry extra frags myself.

2. What's the general consensus on the multiplayer? I loathed Ghosts, not just because it was bland as hell, but because its netcode didn't like my connection so it always felt like I was a second behind the action. I'm personally loving AW

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

1. Have never used any for more than a match or two. Only ones that seem to have any impact is the occasional lapse in concentration and missing someone who is cloaked.

2. Hardcore w/ laserget on it son. The multiplayer is way ahead of Ghosts. No silenced VKS' with that stupid white sight across a full level or target finder LSATs.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Two questions.

1. Does anyone equip exo suit abilities? I hardly see them used and I just carry extra frags myself.

Trophy System.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Two questions.

2. What's the general consensus on the multiplayer? I loathed Ghosts, not just because it was bland as hell, but because its netcode didn't like my connection so it always felt like I was a second behind the action. I'm personally loving AW

I use overclock, shield, and occasionally cloak. Shield and cloak are nice for, if nothing else, helping me stay alive on a cap point for an extra second or two when I need it.

Close game, guys. :downs:

e: also I'm streaming this morning http://www.twitch.tv/versussa

versus fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 7, 2014

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Two questions.

Overclock on shield class to run faster, Hover on pretty much everything else.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I occasionally run them but forget I have them so don't use them. I will occasionally put hover on my XMGs and when I jump onto a point the enemy is taking I'll hover and rain down bullets. No one expects the mi-air sentry gun man.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Overclock is fun on a run and gun SMG class in domination with overcharged so you can stomp fools. You strafe the gently caress out of people

tjones
May 13, 2005
I have an overcharged hardpoint class that I use trophy system and either stim or overclock. It works well.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone wanna get a group going tonight? Like uhm 5-7 PST?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Quabzor posted:

They definitely buffed the Dom points cap way too much. I got a Vulcan with only capping two points and a kill. And I think a guy on the other team got a system hack with only capping two Dom points.

I actually enjoy it this way, you feel like you get a real reward for point capping. It is easier for me to chain streaks now, but that might mostly be due to hardline and repeated point captures. Had two matches earlier where I got Relentless medals, the first one I nearly hit a Brutal but I was caught off guard while trying to Tac-19 someone by the start of a system hack.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Christoff posted:

Overclock is fun on a run and gun SMG class in domination with overcharged so you can stomp fools. You strafe the gently caress out of people
It's also pretty effective if you blow it on the first spawn of a match, you can outdistance most of your team and likely catch a bunch of the enemy team still near their spawn with their hands in their pants :jerkbag:

After I started making a point to use Overclock as soon as I respawn, I learned to use it more effectively in other spots and times, but that first fifteen seconds of a match can really turn out well if you're fast enough and approach from the right angle.

Ahura
Apr 23, 2007
So is the explosive drone completely useless? Casual walking seems to outrun it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

coyo7e posted:

It's also pretty effective if you blow it on the first spawn of a match, you can outdistance most of your team and likely catch a bunch of the enemy team still near their spawn with their hands in their pants :jerkbag:

After I started making a point to use Overclock as soon as I respawn, I learned to use it more effectively in other spots and times, but that first fifteen seconds of a match can really turn out well if you're fast enough and approach from the right angle.

Yeah that's exactly how i use it. Run to their spawn or B. If you run into any head on you just circle them real quick with your zoom speed, kill them, then keep on chugging. A lot of people aren't used to that speed so it's fun. With an SMG and overclock (lightweight if you're feeling overzealous) you're moving

Plus gung-ho and fast hands because gently caress not sprinting. I got points to cap

I also have like a .8 KDR but a million caps so w/e

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Trophy System.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Trophy System.

Also

Ahura posted:

So is the explosive drone completely useless? Casual walking seems to outrun it.

Slap some machine guns or missiles on it. That's how it's supposed to be used.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Explosive drone is the prox mine, not the assault drone killstreak.

And yes, it's pretty bad, most people have perks to avoid it. I've gotten some decent kills with it by throwing one on points in dom, though.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is a anyone else loving the ak12? I run it with both grips attached (lol) and a hybrid sight and its a death laser at range and good enough up close that I don't even run a secondary weapon most times. Being able to double up on grips is hilarious and awesome.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Quickdraw grip replaces the grip where you normally hold the gun. Its not like you're wrapping your hands around two foregrips like date night with your boyfriend.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is a anyone else loving the ak12? I run it with both grips attached (lol) and a hybrid sight and its a death laser at range and good enough up close that I don't even run a secondary weapon most times. Being able to double up on grips is hilarious and awesome.

I've got the Elite variant-i think Ripper it's called- that increases Damage and Accuracy and takes about 6 bullets out of the clip for the weird total of 24 in the clip and i love the hell out of it, i normally switch between this gun and the HBra for my AR's.

Describe what you mean by good upclose? Normally the kinda slow fire rate combined with lovely hip fire means i almost always run the Grach with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I mean point blank it's hit or miss, but anything more than a body length or so and its pretty reliable for me hip fired

• Locked thread