Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yuriy posted:

I know "why" they did/are doing it, I absolutely hate it and don't think it's comparable to Brock who had an extremely strong wrestling pedigree

It's a bitch move that sounds like something out of the Strikeforce/Bellator play book

-Randy Couture getting a heavyweight title shot after getting knocked out at a lower weightclass and retiring
-Nick Diaz losing, retiring in a huff, getting a title shot, losing, retiring in a huff, then getting Anderson Silva
-Kimbo Slice flunking out of TUF, being brought in anyway and getting multiple fights
-Tito/Ken: the trilogy that always ends exactly the same way
-Mark Hunt, the comeback so improbable the UFC didn't even want it until he forced them and lost in a minute
-Joe Silva's desire to see Yoshihiro Akiyama murdered forever
-Rin Nakai escapes Japanese slavery, gets punched several times by a confused-looking model
-James Toney, a fighter who literally does not know what MMA is

MMA is built on bitch moves, yuriy, it's just a question of which ones hit, which ones miss, and which ones are hilarious, and this will be hilarious no matter what happens.

Embrace the love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Should get into a real pure sport, like pro wrestling.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Gonzo McFee posted:

we do not get invested in Pro Wrestling.

good joke

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

henkman posted:

Yeah, it's a weird thing to get upset about

The Yuriy Story

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Yuriy posted:

good joke

We should not but do because we are the marks.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Somehow Kimbo Slice had a better resume than CM Punk, think about that. It's a good thing in that it should get some extra eyes on the UFC but it's really bad in the way that this guy's credentials appear to be "Friends With A Gracie" and "Fake Fought Since 18"
rumbling shirtless at someone's backyard birthday barbeque is not an employment history!!

I'm just going by what we all saw from him and the estimable standard it sets that CM Punk probably won't have a difficult time matching or exceeding against Brazil card filler. Don't forget his rigged fight vs. James Thompson, lol

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

CarlCX posted:

-Randy Couture getting a heavyweight title shot after getting knocked out at a lower weightclass and retiring
-Nick Diaz losing, retiring in a huff, getting a title shot, losing, retiring in a huff, then getting Anderson Silva
-Kimbo Slice flunking out of TUF, being brought in anyway and getting multiple fights
-Tito/Ken: the trilogy that always ends exactly the same way
-Mark Hunt, the comeback so improbable the UFC didn't even want it until he forced them and lost in a minute
-Joe Silva's desire to see Yoshihiro Akiyama murdered forever
-Rin Nakai escapes Japanese slavery, gets punched several times by a confused-looking model
-James Toney, a fighter who literally does not know what MMA is

MMA is built on bitch moves, yuriy, it's just a question of which ones hit, which ones miss, and which ones are hilarious, and this will be hilarious no matter what happens.

Embrace the love.

1) hes randy couture
2) 209 bitch
3) i have no investment in kimbo slice but his credentials are better than that of punk
4) don't care, way before my time
5) mark hunt has k1 level striking
6) Sexyama owns
7) confused-looking model Can't be a model if you look like you're constantly sniffing farts
8) boxing credentials

i already said that it'd be funny to see him get fitched, so i'm down for seeing cm punk get beaten up but instead they'll feed him a can and we get to do it all over again and the GDT for any CM Punk UFC thread are going to be so bad

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm just glad we have a new leader in Terrible Tattoos in the UFC.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
what does cm stand for

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

TheRationalRedditor posted:

rumbling shirtless at someone's backyard birthday barbeque is not an employment history!!

Compared to CM Punk's resume it's looks phenomenal.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
is there a corresponding imperial measure of punks

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Triticum Guzzler posted:

what does cm stand for

very soon Crippled Man

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

what does cm stand for

after his podcast i'm gonna guess "crying minge"

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Triticum Guzzler posted:

what does cm stand for

literally Chick Magnet

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Compared to CM Punk's resume it's looks phenomenal.
If I had to choose one poorly equipped skillset to enter the world of Ultimate Fighting, it would be Jon Favreau's resume from the Friends episode "The One With the Ultimate Fighting Champion". And he still lost!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

what does cm stand for

Christmas Man.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
So like does he get introduced by Bruce Buffer as CM Punk or does he go by his real name, or is his real name CM Punk? Also that's a pretty bad name.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Detroit_Dogg posted:

So like does he get introduced by Bruce Buffer as CM Punk or does he go by his real name, or is his real name CM Punk? Also that's a pretty bad name.

His nickname as a kid was Punk, he did backyard wrestling with a guy who wanted to call himself Chick Magnet Venom so Punk became Chick Magnet Punk. Then CM Punk.

He tried to drop the CM Part but it stuck. Plus he hosed a lot of women. They'll probably use CM Punk since nobody is dropping money on the UFC career of Philip Brooks.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
can kevin james make middleweight???

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm just glad we have a new leader in Terrible Tattoos in the UFC.

is Terrible Tattoos a faction or something

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

is Terrible Tattoos a faction or something

I don't think it counts as a faction when it's 95% of the roster

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

so it's like the later stages of the nWo, gotcha

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oh look, wwe acknowledged this

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-wishes-phil-brooks-aka-cm-punk-the-best-of-luck-in-his-newest-endeavor-26892375

quote:

WWE wishes Phil Brooks (aka CM Punk) the best of luck in his newest endeavor.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
It's a travesty he won't be fighting Manhoef

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
sending out good energy vibes to the universe to reap the debut of Dan "The WOlfman" Theodore in the ufc at last. pro wrestling fans, please tell dana white, joe silva, and everyone important in your life that you want CM Punk vs Dan "The Wolfman" Theodore

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Haha I didn't even think about this.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

CM "Phil Brooks" Punk

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
UFCs in negotiations with popular twitter user Dadboner and Paul the Octopus to kick 2015 off with a bang

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Yuriy posted:

i already said that it'd be funny to see him get fitched, so i'm down for seeing cm punk get beaten up but instead they'll feed him a can and we get to do it all over again and the GDT for any CM Punk UFC thread are going to be so bad

it would be a real shame if we had some bad posts around here

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I hope he succeeds but I don't have a lot of hope for a 36 year old guy with no background and a long list of serious injury to survive against a 23 year old guy who isn't a millionaire already.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
The guy has a pepsi tattoo.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The guy has a pepsi tattoo.

he likes pepsi

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The Green Power Ranger called out CM Punk lol.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Bruce Buffer announcing CM Punk's name will be worth all this bullshit

Esp if he says Phil "CM Punk" Brooks

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

1st AD posted:

Satan, make it happen

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cheap shot after Punk said "luck is for losers" last night?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yuriy posted:

after his podcast i'm gonna guess "crying minge"
:ironicat:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

1st AD posted:

i have a poster of him on my wall as the white ranger that i've had since i was like 6 years old and is in alarmingly good condition minus the pinholes in the corners

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
CM Punk is stealing valuable main card slots from Todd Duffee and nameless Brazilians everyone complains about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Bruce Buffer called Yoshihiro Akiyama by his stage name "Sexiyama" when asked, so he will probably do the same for CM Punk

• Locked thread