Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Yuriy posted:

after his podcast i'm gonna guess "crying minge"

I love you, ya big goof!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

1st AD posted:

The Green Power Ranger called out CM Punk lol.

Tommy the Green, White, Red, Black, Ranger is a former MMA fighter lol. He must really want to get out of the convention circuit. Also Punk is enough of a mark that he would probably want the distinction of going up against a Power Ranger.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
That guy is pretty bad and he couldn't make 185 anyways

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Spermgod posted:

it must suck to be really invested in the idea of mma as a pure sport

MMA is pure. Pure insanity. Pure stupidity. Pure homoeroticism.

To understand why some people might dislike the UFC signing CM Punk, I would compare it to if the WWE signed say... Lebron James. Yeah he's a great athlete and super popular so he'll bring views, but you can be drat sure he won't be able to work for poo poo. I don't give a poo poo because I love trainwrecks, but some people just want to see good fights.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

K8.0 posted:

MMA is pure. Pure insanity. Pure stupidity. Pure homoeroticism.

To understand why some people might dislike the UFC signing CM Punk, I would compare it to if the WWE signed say... Lebron James. Yeah he's a great athlete and super popular so he'll bring views, but you can be drat sure he won't be able to work for poo poo. I don't give a poo poo because I love trainwrecks, but some people just want to see good fights.

WWE signing Lebron would be awesome, imagine a 6'9'' dude doing dives and moonsaults.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SaberToothedPie posted:

WWE signing Lebron would be awesome, imagine a 6'9'' dude doing dives and moonsaults.

Is he a proper fat oval office tho?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Jiro posted:

Tommy the Green, White, Red, Black, Ranger is a former MMA fighter lol. He must really want to get out of the convention circuit. Also Punk is enough of a mark that he would probably want the distinction of going up against a Power Ranger.

He sells evangelical T-shirts and breaks Guinness records now

https://www.jesusdidnttap.com/

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vainman posted:

He sells evangelical T-shirts and breaks Guinness records now

https://www.jesusdidnttap.com/
isnt the entire point of the bible that jesus tapped so that we wouldn't have to

he tapped for our sins

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
It was a verbal submission

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jesus didn't tap. He passed out in the hold. Then died.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SaberToothedPie posted:

you can tell from his superhuman durability and receding hairline that he does steroids and would never pass a rigorous wwe physical

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

MassRafTer posted:

CM Punk is stealing valuable main card slots from Todd Duffee

i fixed that for you

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So how is Phil gonna do with bring straight edge and healing after getting demolished. Like does he have 6 to 8 months between fights?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
if his knees are really that bad hes going to have a hard time making it through a training camp let alone getting someone to the ground in a fight

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Gatts posted:

So how is Phil gonna do with bring straight edge and healing after getting demolished. Like does he have 6 to 8 months between fights?

im pretty sure he takes painkillers and poo poo for medical stuff and if he fought that often he'd fight more frequently than just about every ufc champ and most people

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Yuriy posted:

im pretty sure he takes painkillers and poo poo for medical stuff
no

The level to which people in this thread think CM Punk could not hang with whatever bottom-level can the UFC throws at him is pretty hilarious. Punk can win or lose but the idea that he's gonna get blown out of the loving water is silly.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Well he has absolutely no experience or background in it so that's not too far fetched an assumption tbqh

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

okay i take it back

if the ufc does this:

i will be all for cm punk in the UFC

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

his pores are gigantic

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

it's what lets him absorb the light of the lord so well

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jason-David-Frank-59303

okay so he's not 0-0, but he's close, 3 ammy fights, 1 pro fight

this could work

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I know nothing of CM punk but if he is willing to put his body through even more abuse for entertainment, good for him. The real question is has anyone seen his striking? Does he have any power behind his shots? I Know we know nothing of the weight class he will be in but has he sparred or anyone heard stories of "man cm punk is a real beast in the punching department". If dude can't strike he shouldn't be doing this, I think this will be an interesting thing no matter what. Anyone who wants to get punched for my entertainment deserves at least a little bit of respect and an attempt at watching them fight, if he is the francis carmont of 2015 sure we can all hate him but maybe he will be fun to watch. I just wanna know how his punching skills are.

Luck is for losers ... hmmm not sure how I Feel about this guy all of a sudden. Dana put this guy in with brandon thatch or matt brown, thanks.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

or fight mickey rourke in his mma debut

i would be down for that as well

if we're gonna make the ufc into a freakshow, let's go all out

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

how about zach gowen or nick newell, what are those guys up to

edit: Emanuel Yarborough, this is the fight he was born for

edit: dear god maybe they can get the GOAT, fedor

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 7, 2014

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

SaberToothedPie posted:

reminder that TNA once literally hired Pacman Jones while he was suspended, for a shitton more money than they were paying actual wrestlers and had his gimmick be that he stand on the apron and make it rain, a reference to the time his friends shot a former professional wrestler in a nightclub

a high point

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
what about nick nemeth

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Yuriy posted:

how about zach gowen or nick newell, what are those guys up to

edit: Emanuel Yarborough, this is the fight he was born for

edit: dear god maybe they can get the GOAT, fedor

Nick Newell would murder Punk so hard

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Thank to you Punk, for bringing the Pagoda even closer together!

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

i don't think cm punk will do well at the sport of mixed martial arts

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Raffles posted:

i don't think cm punk will do well at the sport of mixed martial arts
i think he will completely dominate his opponent, setting up Nick Diaz vs CM Punk, the greatest event in mma history

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Diaz vs Punk would honestly be the greatest thing of all time

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Lloyd Boner posted:

Nick Newell would murder Punk so hard

this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it'll be kind of like the zach gowen vs brock lesnar but the opposite

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Lloyd Boner posted:

Diaz vs Punk would honestly be the greatest thing of all time

i 100% agree with this

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

i do everyone will make a lot of money from this though.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yuriy posted:

i 100% agree with this

it would be great

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

askren vs punk for a ufc contract

perhaps put it on a pole of some sort

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

At this point I just want to see whatever main they're running with get bumped for a Punk vs Rousey exhibition. That'll make a million bucks out of curiosity, *and* it will set off all the bitchfit MMA purist dickheads. Win win.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

DeathChicken posted:

At this point I just want to see whatever main they're running with get bumped for a Punk vs Rousey exhibition. That'll make a million bucks out of curiosity, *and* it will set off all the bitchfit MMA purist dickheads. Win win.

i still want ronda vs $, that would be cool as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I too would like to watch CM Punk get his arm broken in less than 2 minutes.

• Locked thread