Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Bagu posted:

It's a good thing that's all you ever post about in this thread. Otherwise every new reader to this thread might not be forced to hear about your bullshit cause.
Edit: please read my red text avatar for advice.

Dunno man, was just reminiscing about the cool homodox and pedo estonian wife grooming or whatever and remembered "those things both happened here in sa and somehow people were proud of the former and accepting of the latter", and if bt fate im forced to only post about it then why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

ArfJason posted:

Dunno man, was just reminiscing about the cool homodox and pedo estonian wife grooming or whatever and remembered "those things both happened here in sa and somehow people were proud of the former and accepting of the latter", and if bt fate im forced to only post about it then why not

There's a difference between being "proud" of something and understanding that such actions were necessary in a time of war; I wouldn't expect an impzone troll to understand that, though. Maybe World of Warcraft would be more your speed?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I don't get it now did the EVE thread really piss off the archage thread or something?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Azuth0667 posted:

I don't get it now did the EVE thread really piss off the archage thread or something?

BobFromMarketing was an EVE spy sent to Archeage to destabilize competing sandbox MMOs!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Narciss posted:

There's a difference between being "proud" of something and understanding that such actions were necessary in a time of war; I wouldn't expect an impzone troll to understand that, though. Maybe World of Warcraft would be more your speed?

Whoa. Garr Khan posting multiple non-troll posts. Shots fired.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

blowfish posted:

Lol if you think he posts non-troll posts.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

blowfish posted:

Did you actually read the post you quoted? :cripes:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

i'm after a bit of advice about picking my fights - ive purchased 5 Ishkurs and fitted them as per this fit http://jestertrek.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/fit-of-week-shield-ishkur.html

i've purchased them with the intention of solo roaming null or possibly low sec and getting killed whilst possibly learning something. I figure i'll try and find a miner,salvager or t1 frig, destroyer or cruiser.

any ships i should completely avoid? anything this fit is particularly strong against?

that thing's kill strategy is probably going to be melting them before they even have a chance to react. you probably can't pick a fight with that many targets but you could totally take on a cruiser with this, possibly even a battlecruiser or t2/faction cruiser if they are really bad or are fit poorly against you and you catch them off-guard. Shield+MWD means your sig is going to be massive when you're burning in so be aware of that. Avoid fighting anything that would fit a scram cause it would shut down your mwd and leave you at the mercy of whoever is scramming.

Be prepared to get shitfucked by 10 dudes at a time when you're just solo roaming in low/nullsec but don't let it discourage you. I was on a small roam in catch yesterday and we got baited by a falcon and dropped on by like 10 frigates and when we tried to leave they had bubbled all the exit gates to the system at 80km and forced an engagement. with a falcon. we didn't even get to shoot anything.

gently caress catch.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Did you actually read the post you quoted? :cripes:

Obviously :thejoke:

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
If you really want some PvP grab a nimble cruiser, destroyer, or some sort of combat frigate. Get a small anchorable bubble and set up a drag 100km off a gate that is out of scan range, wait above it at a perch and mash dscan when someone shows up in local, if you can take it warp down and wait for them, if not warp to a safe. When you test your bubble in warp from the other gate drop a can with 1 ammo in it to decloak people who get stuck in the bubble.

This way you get to decide what you fight as opposed to hoping you don't get face hosed. Most of this stuff is pretty cheap, just make sure the cargo hold of the ship you want to use can hold the bubble and enough ammo.

Gorn has a pretty great how to guide for this stuff if you are in GSF.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
The bubble thing also lets you dictate the range at which the engagement takes place and go all-in on gimmicky fits that you would never loving use if you were just cruising around renter space looking for trouble. If you pick a ship purpose-built for skullfucking things that land at zero on its bubble you can have a very solid edge over whatever poor schmucks get caught, especially since a lot of popular roaming ships rely on maintaining distance to survive. A Cynabal running free is deadlyto frigates, but a Cynabal that starts the fight hard tackled at 1,000 meters by an afterburning assault frigate is about to have a very bad time.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

So my secret santa wants an onyx. Knowing that the true spirit of goonsmas isn't just looking up a fit and buying a ship, I took a shot at fitting one out.

quote:

[Onyx, Onyx 1]
Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II
Co-Processor II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Field II
Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I

Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher, Sisters Combat Scanner Probe
Warp Disruption Field Generator II, Focused Warp Disruption Script
Warp Disruption Field Generator II, Focused Warp Disruption Script
Cynosural Field Generator I
Medium Diminishing Power System Drain I
Medium Diminishing Power System Drain I

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

80.7/92.8/89.1/81.9 resist profile. 111k EHP vs uniform damage. Cap stable at 66% without the mwd, 1:40 with. And I don't know what any of that means. Any feedback on how terrible this is would be great. Or alternative fits.

Edit: nb: I can't fly hictors, and every time I fly a dictor I die.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bagu posted:

It's a good thing that's all you ever post about in this thread. Otherwise every new reader to this thread might not be forced to hear about your bullshit cause.
Edit: please read my red text avatar for advice.

Bagu

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.
Just returned to EVE, time to learn the game properly now because I've just come to the realization that no matter how many times I type "best PvP/Sandbox MMO" into google, I'm never going to find anything other than a pile of dogshit if I don't just suck it up and get back into EVE.

So I've just copt myself a shitload of plex and purchased a nice little 22Mil SP focused PvP pilot from the character bazaar, currently soloing around lowsec losing ships trying to learn the dance.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

His name is synonymous with bad posting. Which has implications for your posting.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Maneck posted:

His name is synonymous with bad posting. Which has implications for your posting.

What would those be?

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Laserpig posted:

Just returned to EVE, time to learn the game properly now because I've just come to the realization that no matter how many times I type "best PvP/Sandbox MMO" into google, I'm never going to find anything other than a pile of dogshit if I don't just suck it up and get back into EVE.

So I've just copt myself a shitload of plex and purchased a nice little 22Mil SP focused PvP pilot from the character bazaar, currently soloing around lowsec losing ships trying to learn the dance.

Good job in not wasting the isk on expensive ships or officer stuff like alot of rich dudes do, because they just think they can win with that. I hope you purchased a good enough character.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

NyxBiker posted:

Good job in not wasting the isk on expensive ships or officer stuff like alot of rich dudes do, because they just think they can win with that. I hope you purchased a good enough character.

It's decent enough to build on, 23Mil SP currently, good focused core skills in armor, engineering, gunnery, navigation, drones, ship command and all that essential stuff trained to level 5, currently training up for T2 medium and large weapons, as well as Gallente cruisers, HACs, Battlecruisers and Battleships.

Currently just finding my feet in lowsec losing Frigs and Assault Frigs.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Azuth0667 posted:

Nah, Widestancer has a couple of fanboys that follow her around from thread to thread. They like to imitate her trolls in the hopes that she'll notice them.

Unfortunately, where she drops subtle bait and lets our dumb nerds nibble at the hook, they just drop grenades in the lake.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

ArfJason posted:

Dunno man, was just reminiscing about the cool homodox and pedo estonian wife grooming or whatever and remembered "those things both happened here in sa and somehow people were proud of the former and accepting of the latter"

lol

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Confirming that the Rattlesnake is indeed the King poo poo of Wormhole PvE: http://evepraisal.com/e/4183907 (4x C3 sites, done in 45 minutes)

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Nah, Widestancer has a couple of fanboys that follow her around from thread to thread. They like to imitate her trolls in the hopes that she'll notice them.

Unfortunately, where she drops subtle bait and lets our dumb nerds nibble at the hook, they just drop grenades in the lake.

Ullerrm, Deadtear and Eonwe: I want to apologize in advance for nominating you for MMO HMO ik's in Kewpuhs stickied thread in Games.

I think that any combination of those three would add to this subforum.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
[in david bowie saying "I'm the space invader" voice] I'm the 'Stancer fanboy

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

[in david bowie saying "I'm the space invader" voice] I'm the 'Stancer fanboy

I'm more of an Arf fanboy than the other way around.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Laserpig posted:

It's decent enough to build on, 23Mil SP currently, good focused core skills in armor, engineering, gunnery, navigation, drones, ship command and all that essential stuff trained to level 5, currently training up for T2 medium and large weapons, as well as Gallente cruisers, HACs, Battlecruisers and Battleships.

Currently just finding my feet in lowsec losing Frigs and Assault Frigs.

Nice. It is indeed a good character. You might want to join the GoonWaffe corp in EVE, they're based in NullSec but they will help you out with tons of stuff and also give you content, the instructions are on the first/second thread as you already probably have seen. Good luck!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

NyxBiker posted:

Nice. It is indeed a good character. You might want to join the GoonWaffe corp in EVE, they're based in NullSec but they will help you out with tons of stuff and also give you content, the instructions are on the first/second thread as you already probably have seen. Good luck!

lol

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

nigga crab pollock posted:

that thing's kill strategy is probably going to be melting them before they even have a chance to react. you probably can't pick a fight with that many targets but you could totally take on a cruiser with this, possibly even a battlecruiser or t2/faction cruiser if they are really bad or are fit poorly against you and you catch them off-guard. Shield+MWD means your sig is going to be massive when you're burning in so be aware of that. Avoid fighting anything that would fit a scram cause it would shut down your mwd and leave you at the mercy of whoever is scramming.

Be prepared to get shitfucked by 10 dudes at a time when you're just solo roaming in low/nullsec but don't let it discourage you.

Thanks for the advice - I'm entirely aware that I'll likely die to groups but not bothered losing this batch of 5.

Your comment; "avoid fighting anything that would fit a scram". I guess that's my issue; I don't know what that would be. Popular tackle frigs? Interceptors? (Which I wouldn't go after in this since my sig bloom vs theirs would leave me dead)

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
Well, had an exit in Fade this evening, went out in a small gang, tackled a grand total of 1 thing and his loving drones could hit a 5200m/s interceptor! Forced off him and ended up going home with nothing.

Sometimes, Bob is cruel.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Siets posted:

Confirming that the Rattlesnake is indeed the King poo poo of Wormhole PvE: http://evepraisal.com/e/4183907 (4x C3 sites, done in 45 minutes)

Nice. Altho I think it's more that Guristas ships are currently King poo poo of nearly any solo PvE. About the only things they can't do well are incursions and some 10/10s. (And even the latter is questionable, as I'm guessing that you could get a high enough resist on the Rattler to tank the Maze.)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Siets posted:

Could you share the fit you use, and would you recommend it over a gila?

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Siets posted:

That's more than even a marauder gets in c3s. All that dps, drat.

For c3 don't use the passive fit. Go with a similar-to-tengu fit. Deadspace booster + boost amp, some t2 resist mods till you get ~600dps tank, then fill the rest with damage. 3 drone damage amps, 3 bcus in the lows. Painter in the mids somewhere, 5 rapid heavy launchers, 1 heavy nos, 1 t2 cc rig, 2 t1 ccc rigs. Go slaughter everything.

Edit - gecko + 5 rapid heavies with faction scourge = 1500 dps :devil: Bet it applies it all incredibly well too, that's why it's so good.

Edit 2 - All the WH talk in here is working, ehhh?!

MorsAnima fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 8, 2014

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

NyxBiker posted:

More interested in solo stuff, small gang roams and gatecamping lowsec etc etc

But if I ever did want to move to 0.0 then I would probably apply

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

Laserpig posted:

More interested in solo stuff, small gang roams and gatecamping lowsec etc etc

But if I ever did want to move to 0.0 then I would probably apply

You can do those things in GW with Space Violence, they live in Syndicate, which is NPC nullsec and next to two large lowsec pockets, including popular lowsec. They gatecamp PF- a lot, roam a lot and generally poo poo-talk a lot. Really, join GW, apply to SV (they're a SIG) and go. Don't play Eve with pubbies, it's just not worth it.

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

ullerrm posted:

I would be shocked to find out that Widestancer isn't a boy in his late teens or early twenties, based on the name and troll style.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Thanks for the advice - I'm entirely aware that I'll likely die to groups but not bothered losing this batch of 5.

Your comment; "avoid fighting anything that would fit a scram". I guess that's my issue; I don't know what that would be. Popular tackle frigs? Interceptors? (Which I wouldn't go after in this since my sig bloom vs theirs would leave me dead)

My problem with that fit is it's presented in context of a gang as a support unit -- the long point holds them down enough that the Enyos mentioned will have time to get in Scram range. If you're attempting to kite something with a scram (say, a Retribution, Hawk, Jaguar, Thorax, Enyo, Maller, etc), there's a non-zero chance your opponent would pick off your drones the second he realizes you're not hitting him with your guns.

The Ishkur is a good ship, but fitting it out as a kiter is like putting rockets on a Crow and getting in people's faces. Yeah, you can do it, but should you?

If you're looking to leverage your blasters and drone skills, I suggest a fit similar to this:

code:
[Ishkur, Local Tank Ishkur]

Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
[Empty High slot]

Small Anti-Explosive Pump I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Acolyte II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Mobile Small Warp Disruptor I x1
Null S x1000
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x2000
Nanite Repair Paste x32
Navy Cap Booster 400 x7
Use T2 Electrons if you're having trouble making it fit.

Along with what the poster above said, set up a Drag bubble 100km past the gate and sit on a perch until someone comes along. A Stop bubble is easier to do, but drags have the benefit of disorienting people who have tracking camera on (if you've ever been caught in a Drag, you know what I'm talking about). Drop onto them at 0 and proceed to feed them antimatter. The ideal camping spots are out of Dscan range of other gates or celestials. Make sure to set up plenty of pounces while the bubble is coming online, in case you need to

Overheat your Cap Booster every time you use it. That cycles it faster, getting it to reload quicker. Do the same with your Ancillary Armour Repairer -- pulse it, don't let it run. You want to get the maximum use out of every charge you can. Remember that you have to press the overhead button every time it turns off. Orbit close, don't worry if your guns are having trouble tracking -- your small sig should keep you from being hit too hard. If you're fighting a cruiser, kill drones first. They'll be the cruiser's main source of damage against you. Avoid Vexors and their variants, and Thoraxes. Caracals should be ok if they're Heavy fit, otherwise a RLML Caracal will kill you and use your bubble for his own camp.

Your best prey are ships that typically rely on speed to stay alive. Omen Navy Issues, Dramiels, Daredevils, Orthrus and Garmurs. You should be able to win against almost every other assault frigate and most faction frigs, but all of that will take practice. If you've never PvP'd before you'll likely be overwhelmed by the adrenaline rush and make some mistakes. That's ok, control of that will come as you continue to fight. Just remember to breathe, zoom out, and have drones on your overview.

Good luck.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

ullerrm posted:

She posts poorly, and therefore fits in perfectly.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Would love to! Here's my current Rattlesnake (fit courtesy of the mad scientist experimentation of one, Nex Dementia):

Here's some points of interest regarding this fit and why it's ideal for C3's:

-It's cheap. Total fittings + hull is only 598 mil ISK estimated. This is because this fit gets away with T1 rigs. As Gilas require ~75 mil ISK in T2 purger rigs in order to tank C3 sites, this Rattlesnake fit only costs a few hundred million more and vastly outperforms the Gila. Gila would take me between 16 and 20 minutes to clear a site. My Rattlesnake cleared every site in exactly 7 minutes tonight. It's incredible and I do recommend it.

-The RHMLs murder frigates with the faction target painter. The battleships already go down insanely fast, so trust me, you do not need cruises or torps.

-The target painter plays a critical role in keeping aggro on you and off your 30 million ISK Gecko. You've gotta run the target painter or some other type of ewar. This, and the cheapness of the fit, is why I am using an active tank fit right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4XXvGsnrok

Here's an additional passive fit that is capable of tanking double the DPS of my current active shield fit. Video was linked earlier in the thread by MorsAnima. This fit is incredible, but the T2 purger rigs run 100 mil ISK a pop, which is why I am currently not using it. It also does not have any ewar, so I am confused how he keeps the sleepers from aggroing his drone.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

i'm after a bit of advice about picking my fights - ive purchased 5 Ishkurs and fitted them as per this fit http://jestertrek.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/fit-of-week-shield-ishkur.html

i've purchased them with the intention of solo roaming null or possibly low sec and getting killed whilst possibly learning something. I figure i'll try and find a miner,salvager or t1 frig, destroyer or cruiser.

any ships i should completely avoid? anything this fit is particularly strong against?

Honestly, that fit is pretty lovely. In general, the Ishkur is pretty meh.

The main problem with that fit is the fact that you have no way of holding someone down to shoot them with your blasters. Also, use warriors and not hobgoblins.

Personally, I'd recommend going AB/Web/Scram if you are going blaster fit and just get in their face and hammer them with drones/Neutrons.

Tai fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 8, 2014

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
Have you considered dropping the tank a bit and going for more dps? With the kill speed you really don't need 700 dps tank, I'm sure you've noticed the booster barely being used after the initial kill or two in each wave, and since the aim is maximising clear speed, DPS is king. I'm dying to test this, but missile skills in the dirt means no-go. Anyway, this is what I theorycrafted -

code:
[Rattlesnake, C3 Solo]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Gist X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Tracking Speed Script

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Cruise Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Wasp II x2
Gecko x1
Garde II x2
I'm banking on cruise being better then RHML if you can find another way to kill frigates quickly. With two omnidirectionals the Gecko tracks 1.497. If that is enough to knock out frigates, then I'd assume cruise to be faster than RHML, and no long reloads either. I'd also definitely aim to get 3x BCU and 3x DDA in the lows in an attempt to get cap stable elsewhere. Scourge fury have an explosion radius of 425m with all V in relevant skills, and sleeper BS have 400m sig radius, so you're applying full dps there, and they move at about 90-100 m/s, against scourge fury explosion velocity of 87. All in all, I'd expect scourge fury to absolute wreck the BS.

It's clear you'll make a fortune in this, but if you intend to keep costs down then yeah, your fit looks pretty solid. I like to splurge on fits, what can I say, it's fun.

MorsAnima fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

MorsAnima posted:

Have you considered dropping the tank a bit and going for more dps? With the kill speed you really don't need 700 dps tank, I'm sure you've noticed the booster barely being used after the initial kill or two in each wave, and since the aim is maximising clear speed, DPS is king. I'm dying to test this, but missile skills in the dirt means no-go. Anyway, this is what I theorycrafted -

code:
[Rattlesnake, C3 Solo]

Gist X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Wasp II x2
Gecko x1
Garde II x2
I'm banking on cruise being better then RHML if you can find another way to kill frigates quickly. With two omnidirectionals the Gecko tracks 1.497. If that is enough to knock out frigates, then I'd assume cruise to be faster than RHML, and no long reloads either. I'd also definitely aim to get 3x BCU and 3x DDA in the lows in an attempt to get cap stable elsewhere. Scourge fury have an explosion radius of 425m with all V in relevant skills, and sleeper BS have 400m sig radius, so you're applying full dps there, and they move at about 90-100 m/s, against scourge fury explosion velocity of 87. All in all, I'd expect scourge fury to absolute wreck the BS.

It's clear you'll make a fortune in this, but if you intend to keep costs down then yeah, your fit looks pretty solid. I like to splurge on fits, what can I say, it's fun.

Mid-grade crystals are cheap as gently caress right now you could probably fit a TP in there somewhere with that in mind.

• Locked thread