Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Figured. I'm going air this time. This dumb Alienware is liquid-cooled. The pump is so goddamn loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This is cool. Somebody did a decent size comparison of Homeworld 2 ships to show scaling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG3stLXpZ2w

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Thoughts?

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

nice rig, very well done + subtle

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Christoff posted:

Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection (PC Digital Download) $6 - http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/138822
Worth knowing:

quote:

As of June 2014, our friends at GameSpy have ended all hosted game services. This has affected the online multiplayer aspect of one or more games in this collection. Because of technical challenges and concerns,we do not have a solution to keep these services up and running at this time,and online services for this game and other EA games on the GameSpy platform have ended. We are still investigating a range of options to restore official online functionality and multiplayer gameplay for these titles.
You can find more information on this change at ea.com, and find the full list of impacted games on our Online Service Updates page.

Generals/Zero Hour have no multiplayer support.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GameSpy was still active up to this year? Holy poo poo.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Did anyone else buy that pack? I'm just finishing downloading the last of them now, let's get some Hamachi action going. I say we play generals so half of us can be terrorists and the other half can be freedom-loving patriots or communist serfs

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Two Finger posted:

Did anyone else buy that pack? I'm just finishing downloading the last of them now, let's get some Hamachi action going. I say we play generals so half of us can be terrorists and the other half can be freedom-loving patriots or communist serfs

Suicide bombers in terrorists were the poo poo. That game was so much fun. Too bad I can't play it on a mac. My PC cooling fans are all hosed up and clicking because my god drat cat sheds so much hair the inside of the case looks like a giant furball.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Godholio posted:

Worth knowing:

Generals/Zero Hour have no multiplayer support.

Nah some people came up with a replacement

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/command-conquer-multiplayer-saved-from-the-demise-/1100-6420950/

i think the generals widescreen mod has it all integrated in http://www.gentool.net/

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

SOLD

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Surely there can't be any mo

Oh. Oh God.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
I bet those computers are very fast

at getting you put on a watchlist

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
The amount of filth on that hard drive must be insane.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Goddamn.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4vIlLj-hiw

the 'rab workers were funny as hell in generals

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

justice4trayvawn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4vIlLj-hiw

the 'rab workers were funny as hell in generals

You upgrade their speed by buying them new shoes :lol:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Just got done playing some Zero Hour with Godholio over hamachi and it aged well.

Can't wait to try that widescreen mod :fap:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Can I join you guys?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It's a slow-rear end download, jfc.

Edit: Weird how every time I've got poo poo speeds, connecting to speedtest.net speeds it right up. Went from a 15 min download to about 30 seconds.

Edit2: Widescreen works. :)

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 8, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

This is cool. Somebody did a decent size comparison of Homeworld 2 ships to show scaling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG3stLXpZ2w

The remastered series gearbox is pushing out is due soon isn't it?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The remastered series gearbox is pushing out is due soon isn't it?

"Soon"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

My body is ready, Gearbox, ship the space ships!

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Freespace was made by the same dudes who made the Descent games right? The only PC spaceship games I remember really playing were the X series. I still have X3 Albion Prelude but it's a pain in the rear end and not really that much fun starting out.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Two Finger posted:

Can I join you guys?

Just finished - I can let you know when we are playing again. Origin name is AlcoholicMom.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lara croft and the temple of Osiris comes out on the 9th. For those that don't know it's a sequel to Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light which is a really really fun co-op game

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Just finished - I can let you know when we are playing again. Origin name is AlcoholicMom.

OK I've added you - Silueta86

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Same. And now I'm trying to get the games to work on my computer, but I'm failing miserably. :negative: HURRY UP GEARBOX I WANT TO HAVE AWESOME SPACE BATTLES AGAIN!

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Hekk posted:

Freespace was made by the same dudes who made the Descent games right? The only PC spaceship games I remember really playing were the X series. I still have X3 Albion Prelude but it's a pain in the rear end and not really that much fun starting out.

Yeah they're currently making Saints Row games now however

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

it's been about a year, is X Rebirth worth buying or should I hold out another 6 months?

metal gear solid 5 episode 1(ground zeroes) is due out in 10 days.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So Driveclub has not only been fixed, but improved upon since launch. The developers released the free weather update today. Now isn't the time to let the launch woes stop you from picking it up. Driveclub is a tremendously good racer.

Those are actual screenshots taken from some Games goon using the share function. No photo mode or anything. That's what the game looks like in motion.

edit: They've also released 10 free cars and 4 new tracks too. More to come. They're throwing a bunch of content at the game now.

bloops fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 8, 2014

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

tuluk posted:

it's been about a year, is X Rebirth worth buying or should I hold out another 6 months?

It is possibly one of the worst games ever made.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

tuluk posted:

metal gear solid 5 episode 1(ground zeroes) is due out in 10 days.

A re-release already? Or to a new platform?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

ded posted:

It is possibly one of the worst games ever made.

It's less terrible since the latest expansion pack but it's still loving awful. Play X3 or X2 instead

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

A re-release already? Or to a new platform?

the steam page for it says it's a truncated version of MSG5, to get people used to the new systems.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311340/

quote:

MGSV: GZ gives core fans the opportunity to get a taste of the world-class production’s unparalleled visual presentation and gameplay before the release of the main game.

anyone try out 4k displays yet, are they are waste of money?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

tuluk posted:

the steam page for it says it's a truncated version of MSG5, to get people used to the new systems.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311340/

anyone try out 4k displays yet, are they are waste of money?

Do you have a beefy video card that could drive one?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

Do you have a beefy video card that could drive one?

i've been looking at getting a new system too.
gtx980 is what i'd try to get for video card, intel cpu, & 16 or 24 gb of ram (because i run virtualization stuff too).
just looking for peoples feedback regarding 4k...right now no-one i know personally has 4k displays.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

tuluk posted:

i've been looking at getting a new system too.
gtx980 is what i'd try to get for video card, intel cpu, & 16 or 24 gb of ram (because i run virtualization stuff too).
just looking for peoples feedback regarding 4k...right now no-one i know personally has 4k displays.

I think it's cool and expensive. If it were me, I'm more interested in having the hardware to power something like Oculus Rift rather than a 4K display. Budgeting out for either is essentially a wash because their hardware demands are nearly similar.

I'm pretty happy with a 1080p monitor for PC stuff, though. Cheaper to run.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

agreed.
now who the hell owns an occulus rift in gip?
gently caress man, vr googles have been a concept for a long time. 18 yr old games like mechwarrior 2 have settings/inputs for VR googles.

augmented reality is a cool concept,and i really want to see more hardware for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'd love an OR if I knew my hardware supported it, especially for Elite. The only problem is that I wear glasses most of the time these days, and I don't want to pop in contacts every time I want to game.

E: E:D thread says no wipe. I have an asp kitted out with A class everything right now. Time to grind for a Python. :getin:

EBB fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 8, 2014

• Locked thread