Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holy poo poo this round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
gently caress this gay earth.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

PEPEDAY

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Smug send this scrub home 3-0

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This is why no other Fuerte comes remotely close.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I fuckin' hate El Fuerte. Good poo poo tho.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

That was hype. Holy poo poo.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
That was quite a quick turnaround

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Al Borland posted:

Smug send this scrub home 3-0

Look at this horrible post.

What a brilliant set.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Since I want Smug to win I'm glad Snake Eyez didn't win.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

He just came back from 0-2 and a round. Jesus Christ

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I hate Fuerte but I love Pepeday.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
WHAT????

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
THIS SEXY PEPEDAY

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Skisonic needs to stop calling people terrorists

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

HAHAHAHAHAH

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nodoze posted:

Skisonic needs to stop commentating

Yeah, I agree.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Smug should have taken off his shirt too.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

It appears to be quite cold in the ballroom.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Okay pepeday is a cool guy but gently caress my hatred for el fuerte knows no bounds.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Smug giving the camera that "Hold that poo poo" stare.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
PERFECT

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
God drat even if its el fuerte pepe really does make this a loving slug fest. Fantastic.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, any match against Pepeday becomes a KOF game, it's crazy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
SMUG SAVED US

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Smug wins everything forever

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
WORLD STARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The east coast is defended. What a great weekend of Street Fighter.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
This was a very nice tournament.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
What was the prize payouts for Marvel and USF4?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That was awesome. Good tournament.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

A character being rewarded for solid play shouldn't be considered absurd given the amount of bullshit in SF4. The idea that he plays the same regardless of matchup is laughable, just watch him vs Sako/Bon-chan/Uryo and how differently he plays each. Sagat specifically he plays almost identically to Ryu except now he does more damage. He bullies the poo poo out of Bonchan and did the exact same thing as Ryu. It's because he's loving Daigo.

Evil Ryu is good but he's not unfair or "unsolvable." Did I think he needed to be buffed in Ultra? No. Honestly I think he was better and much more bullshit in 2012 solely because of the lack of delayed wakeup and how badly he beat characters like Cammy and Seth with inescapable unblockable loops. Nobody really complained about him in that version though!

Bon-chan plays that matchup appropriately wild and Daigo runs away, I don't know why you'd compare it to their 2012 matches. Ryu bullies Sagat by worming his way in and needling Sagat to death, Evil Ryu bullies Sagat by existing at half-screen and building/having meter. You can see how the onus is on Bon-chan to close the gap with tiger knee, jumping, dashing in, f.LK, whatever because he can't compete at the tip of cr.MK range and he can't afford to let Daigo chill out and build meter. Any time Daigo's up near Bon-chan and Sagat isn't flat on his back watch how fast Daigo backpedals too, Ryu would never back up after getting in.

I'd be a moron if I claimed Daigo plays the same in every matchup which is why I didn't. I singled out Bon-chan because it's one of the most egregious examples of how Evil cr.MK and the reward he gets off of it can screw over a character. Citing Sako/Uryo as counterexamples supports my point if anything, is it a coincidence that they both pulled out their vortex subs after their mains lost to Daigo's Evil in the online league?

No matter what I agree with you that Evil was stronger in 2012 and wins by playing solid in Ultra though! I don't mean to take anything away from Daigo or his Evil Ryu, that dude wins because he's the best. Having one of the strongest characters is icing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

What stream is everyone watching?

http://iplaywinner.com/stream-list doesn't work for me anymore

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
That's odd, I like Fuerte precisely because it's like you're not playing SF4.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

What was the prize payouts for Marvel and USF4?
I don't know exactly but here's a pic from Smug if you want to figure out Ultra first place

http://instagram.com/p/wVRescFcWj/

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

The Rokstar posted:

That's odd, I like Fuerte precisely because it's like you're not playing SF4.

Fuerte is the embodiment of SF4, "Street Fighter" is an entirely different game but that tweet is funny coming from noted Cammy player James Chen.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Fuerte is the embodiment of SF4, "Street Fighter" is an entirely different game but that tweet is funny coming from noted Cammy player James Chen.

That's not fair to Chen, he's been playing Cammy since ST was young. Character loyalty is different from picking top tier or vortex on purpose.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Transient People posted:

That's not fair to Chen, he's been playing Cammy since ST was young. Character loyalty is different from picking top tier or vortex on purpose.

imo its a lot more important to pick a character for their butt instead of their gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I agree wholeheartedly.