Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Untagged posted:

As if the rule #1 of a radio PROFESSIONAL BROADCASTER is to make sure you don't pick a side entirely and alienate half of your potential audience. Or something.

Yeah man! You're just the lightning rod for the discussion! Maybe someone unfamiliar with the show will be turning the dial and land on your station and will hear it and want to contribute!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Tomahawk posted:

Yeah man! You're just the lightning rod for the discussion! Maybe someone unfamiliar with the show will be turning the dial and land on your station and will hear it and want to contribute!

Now let's go to John in Cleveland. John, how are the Browns looking this year?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kevyn posted:

Now let's go to John in Cleveland. John, how are the Browns looking this year?
Just make sure you only ask that if John didn't actually call to talk about the Browns. Also after you derail him completely with that, berate him for being so slow to get to the point, then exclaim that he ruined it for everyone and you're not taking any more callers.

It'd be a funny bit if it didn't happen so loving often.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

CrashCat posted:

Just make sure you only ask that if John didn't actually call to talk about the Browns. Also after you derail him completely with that, berate him for being so slow to get to the point, then exclaim that he ruined it for everyone and you're not taking any more callers.

It'd be a funny bit if it didn't happen so loving often.

And make sure you keep interrupting to interject another useless fact or statement, all the while getting angry at the caller for trying to answer your question.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
The Opester is getting some Social Media attention, just not the kind he wanted.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

MullardEL34 posted:

The Opester is getting some Social Media attention, just not the kind he wanted.

People taking dumps on Opie? What's different here?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
LOTS OF CHANGES WERE MADE = more money and less Fridays

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
I hope every caller tomorrow mentions their career which is also their livelihood.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MullardEL34 posted:

This will be a funny image to come back to in about a year when Anthony's audience churns down to nothing and Opie's still got plenty of time on his contract. I give Anthony about even odds of blowing his brains out or taking a job as a lovely jock in some backwater radio hellhole at that point

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Morter posted:

Excusing your compulsion to retort to everything you don't agree with using passive-aggressive remarks of sarcasm, Opie really did get annoying because, like Jimmy does sometimes, he repeats his point over and over, rather than take in what others saying. However, (also like Jimmy at times), he's inconsistent and flip-flopped back and forth. At first I thought it was a real hamfisted attempt to get both sides calling and talking about it but I couldn't even make it past the segment. It was truly just a way for people to echo their own sentiments again and again. Both the hosts and the callers, on both sides, were frustrating.

/radio/

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

MullardEL34 posted:

Can we get a mod to change the thread title to "My career, which is also my livelihood"?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

MullardEL34 posted:

This is very funny. Unlike most of Opie's stuff on the radio. I mean, he's kind of funny, some. But this is hilarious.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Jimmy really did not feel like having a serious conversation with Lionel on Friday.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'm getting major Joe Derosa vibes from this.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

By that you mean a serious lack of shoulders?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I remember when someone, I think Troy, was bothering Joe and he responded by yelling, saying it was attacking his livelihood. They bothered him about that for a little while afterwards.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

It's my career which is also my livelihood as well as my job in addition to being my employment and profession.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

I can personally empathize with the multimillionaire cheapskate having his livelihood threatened.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Jimmy not finishing soundboard clips is my new favorite bit.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

This blew my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4lIQlnR6ag

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Morter posted:

I'm getting major Joe Derosa vibes from this.

Jesus Joe enough about your livelihood.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

MullardEL34 posted:

He has worse grammar than my 9 year old nephew

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I'd love to follow that up with some clips of Opie yelling "OBAMA!" during his first campaign while Anthony couldn't care less.

On the bright side the phones don't break nearly as often anymore.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

shyduck posted:

He has worse grammar than my 9 year old nephew

Tell your 9 year-old he doesn't need higher education. The Opester has concluded it is a waste of time.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Lionel stinks.
Jimmy's replay machine rules.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Am I going to want to listen to today's show later, or is there going to be a hour of Jimmy defending torture because it happened to Muslims and suspected terrorists?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Chuck from North Carolina rules.

He is the most honest unfiltered guy ever and him ragging on the Twin Towers guy was just hilarious.

"Why don't you just get a real fuckin' job Tyrone?"

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

MrChupon posted:

Am I going to want to listen to today's show later, or is there going to be a hour of Jimmy defending torture because it happened to Muslims and suspected terrorists?

Didn't even come up.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Troy being back on the air is the worst thing ever.

A loving hour of him talking today about some random girl he's loving "baby heading" him. No jokes, nothing funny. Just that.

Hey guys, he's down for whatever.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think I'm done with Anthony's show for awhile. It's just awkward when he doesn't have a guest. He's talking about getting a place in the city to do the show and that would be great.

Until then I think I'd be better off signing up in a few months and downloading the episodes that have guests and then cancelling.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
I'm listening to yesterdays Ron and Fez and once again they bring in someone who tries to give Fez advice and its so loving funny to listen to them lose steam as more of his crazy is revealed.

'You've had 4 heart attacks and 11 stents? Well...I guess you gotta stay positive. They havent killed you so thats a win right?'

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ransom posted:

I'm listening to yesterdays Ron and Fez and once again they bring in someone who tries to give Fez advice and its so loving funny to listen to them lose steam as more of his crazy is revealed.

'You've had 4 heart attacks and 11 stents? Well...I guess you gotta stay positive. They havent killed you so thats a win right?'

Was that the least funny female comedian of all time that they had on on Thursday?

She's a lesbian don't you know. And that's all I can remember about her. She gave Fez the exact same advice that every caller does and managed to be about as entertaining/funny.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Holy poo poo, Fez was loving hilarious today during the live Ron & Fez broadcast from D.C. He was great the entire episode, but the highlight was when he was "hypnotized" to be Opie and proceeded to rip Opie apart for a good 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0fSVQs9yD8 (skip to 02:01:39 for the Fez hypnosis bit)

Paul Kersey fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 13, 2014

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Like Ron said, it was like seeing an old friend again. They should always have an audience.

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary
hashtag bennington SUPER HASHTAG OPIE RADIO

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
As much as Fez has alienated his audience, he certainly knew the perfect way to get people rooting for him. The way people talk about Opie now, he's like the anti-christ.

Also, I hope I never have to hear another Perrynoid song again.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I'd be happy just to never hear ozzy mumble through an hour again

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
So I've been blocked from Opie's Twitter for about 3 or 4 years now, and just now I've finally been both blocked from following and viewing his tweets. I'm guessing this has something to do with the Fez as Opie audio? This should be a fun listen.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Paul Kersey posted:

Holy poo poo, Fez was loving hilarious today during the live Ron & Fez broadcast from D.C. He was great the entire episode, but the highlight was when he was "hypnotized" to be Opie and proceeded to rip Opie apart for a good 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0fSVQs9yD8 (skip to 02:01:39 for the Fez hypnosis bit)

I'm only a half hour in and this is phenomenal. Fez is consistently able to keep up with the back and forth. What the hell is going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Under the vegetable posted:

I'm only a half hour in and this is phenomenal. Fez is consistently able to keep up with the back and forth. What the hell is going on?

live audience + not being in a skyscraper = funny fez

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 13, 2014

• Locked thread