Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

the issue, imho, is that it's a cold war term describing neutral or non-aligned countries

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What do you do when you reach HRE borders in a byz game. Austria is one of my only two friends, the other being the commonwealth. Do I break things off with them or just make an Indian empire

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Average Bear posted:

The issue is that games is full of fags, niggers, and jews!

your point beign?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

What do you do when you reach HRE borders in a byz game. Austria is one of my only two friends, the other being the commonwealth. Do I break things off with them or just make an Indian empire

Hmm, do you need anything from the HRE?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Hmm, do you need anything from the HRE?

It's not like I'm not the most powerful nation in the world already, but Always Be Conquering. Plus. I think there's byz missions that give you claims on Italy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Those Byz missions were hosed up for me with the Aow patch.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I figured. Two aleppos ftw

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I figured. Two aleppos ftw

I think the missions got fixed tho

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Average Bear posted:

I took Italy and then the HRE united before a truce ran out and I could launch a campaign to dismantle it while it was a vassal blob so instead I just beat the living poo poo out of it with France and made a big march to my north while I head toward India via Persia

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
So I'm in India. Do I just protectorate these big ol states? Really expensive to core even a small base near Sindh. I have mega Delhi so far. Wherever I go states tend to westernize, so maybe I should protectorate before that happens??

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Qne

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I helped France occupy all of Portugal and then they wouldn't make peace and I couldn't understand why. I peaced out and then after like 10 years of occupied Portugal... all of their colonies started breaking off lmao. Kingdom of USA, merchant republic in Haiti, administrative republic in Brazil, kingdom in Colombia. good poo poo. Then France peaced for war reparations and 2000 gold.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They really need to get a Loyalty system in these games, IMO.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

1776 post in the Map Game thread. Very epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Anyway maybe reputation covers it but sometimes I feel like at least in CK and sometimes in EU the computer just does mean poo poo with no rhyme or reason, even to folks whom of been there strongest ally in the past.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Anyway maybe reputation covers it but sometimes I feel like at least in CK and sometimes in EU the computer just does mean poo poo with no rhyme or reason, even to folks whom of been there strongest ally in the past.

The alliance system is much better about this stuff now.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least in AoW, the alliances you make and keep from the beginning of the game will usually stay, as long as you always hit accept on every war. You can also sometimes decline really minor ones, but why bother taking the relations hit if they can fight it easily on their own? They don't seem to track you being a useless poo poo who contributes no armies. France being a big blue blob is no problem for me because they have been Friendly for 200+ years and only ever hit Defensive when they have a regency council or are in debt or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think I'm thinking more CK2 where it's like your a great vassal and then the liege turns on you at the drop of a hat. I guess that's the point but sheesh.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah CK2 is way more hosed up and random. If you don't have that Family Ties bonus they really feel no remorse over loving you up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And conversely I feel like as a Liege your vassals are just barely holding on, in terms of respect they pay you, even as your family.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Hey dudes I've never jumped into a map game before, what should I start with? I want the quintessential map game experience.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Crusader Kings 1.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The quintessential experience is Victoria: An Empire Under The Sun actually.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

Hey dudes I've never jumped into a map game before, what should I start with? I want the quintessential map game experience.

EU4 or CK2. Each is fun and good. I'd start with CK2 since its a bit more accessible.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

There's so goddamn many of these.

drat it feels good to be a gamer.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Get the gently caress out of this thread.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Sheesh fine sorry for showing interest.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*me drags off that fag to the byzantine castration/eye gouging chamber*

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Get the gently caress out of this thread.

This thread isn't moving very fast so I'm actually curious what illicted this response.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

He just seems mad. Not sure why.

Appreciate your earnest response btw Wormskull, prob gonna check out Victoria soon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Protagonist posted:

This thread isn't moving very fast so I'm actually curious what illicted this response.

Because there's a thread in Games for people like you.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

I'm actually curious about Imp opinions, I don't browse games. v:shobon:v

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

IM loving MAD

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

I mean are you seriously suggesting that Games knows what the quintessential map game is? That's P hosed up Knuc.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
theres no good pick for noobs because its for expert gamers only

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

elf help book posted:

theres no good pick for noobs because its for expert gamers only

CATCH T-T-T-TWENTY TWO Two two two two two...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Protagonist posted:

I mean are you seriously suggesting that Games knows what the quintessential map game is? That's P hosed up Knuc.

No. I'm suggesting that Games will be more tolerant of your insipid horseshit. Regards.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

All I asked is what is the quintessential map game. How is that insipid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

I'm sorry if you feel really cornered by all this. It would be legit to say there isn't one, in which case I'd be interested to know what's a good starter map game.

You know, share how you got into the genre and all that. No need to be so alienating, we're all gamers here.