Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Alkydere posted:

I'm honestly surprised that in a game with as many poop jokes, items, even animated poop as enemies/bosses there's no item called the shart. For a nice pun have it give extra hearts and/or soul heart drops from breaking breaking poop tiles, maybe rename it to "sheart" to make the pun more obvious.

"The Shart" sounds more like a boss name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

LaughMyselfTo posted:

"The Shart" sounds more like a boss name.

Future undead Dingle boss?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Waffleopolis posted:

Since Edmund is taking suggestions for items on Reddit, have any of you made suggestions to him?

A set based on the Sins. Some might be weird.

Envy: Gain temporary flight and spawn a "friendly" Envy head when you get hit.
Greed: Move & shoot faster when there are coins on the ground, but coins are drawn towards you.
Wrath: The first time you take a hit in each room triggers an explosion on top of you.
Sloth: More range and damage when you're not moving.
Lust: Touch attack does damage and charms.
Gluttony: You can pick up red hearts while at full health for a stacking bonus.
Pride: Clear a room without getting hit for a stacking bonus; you lose all stacks when you get hit.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I would love a trinket called Greed Repellent for people who would like to shop ever.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there need to be more item sets that give forms

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Michaellaneous posted:

Honestly if you want to make a challenge easy just use a seed that gives you dark bum on the second floor devil.

You can actually get it in a Treasure Room, it's just really rare.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

There's so many Bob/Sloth items at this point that there might as well be a Bob transformation. It would give his brain a use at least.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

You can actually get it in a Treasure Room, it's just really rare.

There's so many Bob/Sloth items at this point that there might as well be a Bob transformation. It would give his brain a use at least.

Challenge runs do not get treasure rooms tho'? :confused:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Michaellaneous posted:

Challenge runs do not get treasure rooms tho'? :confused:

Some of them do.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Felix_Cat posted:

How exactly does dead cat and curse rooms work for the Lost? Sometimes I'll respawn outside the curse room minus one life, other times I'll continually respawn inside and get stuck.

You will respawn in the last room you were in before you died. If you're in the curse room when you die, you will respawn outside. If you exit the curse room when you die, you will respawn back inside. The key is to die without leaving the curse room. Graze the door spikes without crossing the threshhold.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Protip: Don't use Tammy's Head during a Suicide King run

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

splifyphus posted:

I really like the Lost. I have none of his unlocks and will probably never have any of his unlocks, but I think he's loving awesome.

He's basically the ultimate practice mode. You must be perfect.

My issue with the Lost is the few BS damage setups that you occasionally see. If enemies couldn't appear directly beneath you, or use the few truly BS rooms (double adversary homing beam), the Lost would be perfect. As it is, you still do need to pray to the RNG that it doesn't spawn those arrangements.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

RiskyChris posted:

That's some bullshit, you weren't even on hard mode.

The game made it up to me by giving me a D4 the next run. I used it once and then carefully put it down because I got triple-shot Epic Fetus. The Lamb didn't stand a chance (nor did anything else really).

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Oh indeed. There are so many spider items I could easily see a Spider form.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Playing the Lost, got Brimstone, Holy Mantle...

Died to a red poop in the chest :negative:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So, what are the big items to look for when trying to hunt up an infinite monster manual setup? I'm guessing start with Isaac for the D6 and look for a sharp plug and some regeneration method (placenta + a book to read while I wait) is the easiest?

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008

Doomsayer posted:

Playing the Lost, got Brimstone, Holy Mantle...

Died to a red poop in the chest :negative:

For me the the worst thing about playing Lost is getting a great item/s that's exactly what you want, then tripping over a spider/poop/whatever two rooms later.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Alkydere posted:

So, what are the big items to look for when trying to hunt up an infinite monster manual setup? I'm guessing start with Isaac for the D6 and look for a sharp plug and some regeneration method (placenta + a book to read while I wait) is the easiest?

Better to have Pyromaniac and some kind of tears to bomb yourself with (Ipecac, Dr. or Epic Fetus) because otherwise I hope you have a long and good book, cause it might take hours with just Placenta.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Finally got The Lost through to The Lamb, on Hard no less. Figured since I had to do it anyway, might as well do every Lost run on Hard. I didn't have a single Damage Up, and I had to skip most item/shop rooms due to lack of keys. The only things I had in my favor were 9 Lives and Dark Matter. The Satan fight took about 3 Lives, I killed myself once in the Dark Room on purpose to escape a double Fallen room. The rest were eaten by The Lamb. I was down to my final life and I somehow pulled out a win.

The spinning laser is the loving worst! I wanted to get rid of the body ASAP so the flies and random bullets wouldn't kill me while I was working on the head. My hands were shaking for awhile after that run, but god drat it, it's done and I don't have to roll that route again. Getting to and killing Blue Baby is gonna be way easier. Still don't have the Boss Rush with The Lost, but I think I'll need Holy Mantle and Brimstone for that one, if for no other reason than to keep Gish's near-invisible shots from ending it.

10 achievements left. Just over 100 hours logged. Still haven't formed a full Meat Boy/Bandage Girl. :mad:

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
It's never not funny how getting the Bandage Girl / Meat Boy achievements without Monster Manual cheesing requires an unfathomable streak of luck.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

RoboCicero posted:

It's never not funny how getting the Bandage Girl / Meat Boy achievements without Monster Manual cheesing requires an unfathomable streak of luck.

I got so loving close too once. I got 3/4 bandage balls naturally, and I had More Options. I was looking forward to getting Death or Conquest in Womb/Utero I.

Nope, loving Double Trouble Loki fight.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

RoboCicero posted:

I got meat boy and bandage girl within three runs without doing anything special to get them. Just happened to get book of rev on the first floor both times and somehow didn't have any bullshit like getting the wrong piece or the wrong boss in womb. Only 0.4% of people had those achievements on steam when I got them and even now they're only at ~3%. That was my luck quota used up for this game.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

RoboCicero posted:

Don't one of the characters start with an item that almost guarantees getting a horseman for the floor if you use it? I know an item does that, maybe I just got lucky.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Power of Pecota posted:

Especially Suicide King, since the unlock from it sucks (unless you've got multiple lives, but I've never had that happen). You might as well just download a 111% save if you're going to scum basic challenges.

I like scumming basic challenges because it makes people like you get all high and mighty about how theirs is the only proper way to play a video game.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

goodness posted:

Don't one of the characters start with an item that almost guarantees getting a horseman for the floor if you use it? I know an item does that, maybe I just got lucky.

The item that guarantees Horsemen is the Book of Revelations. Nobody starts with it, although Judas starts with the Book of Belial.

But even if you do get the book on floor one, you only have like a 1/16 chance of getting meat boy or bandage girl, since each horseman has a 50% chance of dropping the wrong item for you, and half the time the Womb spawns Conquest instead of Death.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What's the reward for getting all cubes of meat?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

What's the reward for getting all cubes of meat?

An achievement.

Balls of Bandages gives an unlock (which has an achievement): the Super Bandage.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Alkydere posted:

An achievement.

Balls of Bandages gives an unlock (which has an achievement): the Super Bandage.

Neat, I already unlocked the super bandage, thanks.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
If anyone knows how to get through this room in the catacombs without eating poo poo I would love to know your secrets. I encounter this room a lot, and if I can't fly I always get a mouthful.

On a different note, here is a room configuration I have never encountered before. :signings: 2 free items if you have 2 bombs or flying. It was balanced out by having to fight the haunt and then gurglings on the next floor.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Neat, I already unlocked the super bandage, thanks.

Lucky bastard. Since that's the one with an actual item, that's the one I want.

However, thanks to a (really) lucky roll on Monster Manual I got myself Meat Boy just now:

Just gotta get his girlfriend. Also, apparently the Manual can skip straight to the top level since I only had level 2 Meatboy earlier.

Sanctum posted:

If anyone knows how to get through this room in the catacombs without eating poo poo I would love to know your secrets. I encounter this room a lot, and if I can't fly I always get a mouthful.

On a different note, here is a room configuration I have never encountered before. :signings: 2 free items if you have 2 bombs or flying. It was balanced out by having to fight the haunt and then gurglings on the next floor.

The first room is hell for me. Mix it with Curse of the Maze and I've lost 5 hearts on that one room due to being repeatedly blown out of doors by exploding flies followed by the curse teleporting me back into it when I try to go somewhere else.

The second room is simply extraordinarily rare for obvious reasons since it's practically free items. I usually see it with 1-2 items but I'm pretty sure it can have up to 4

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Dec 8, 2014

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

So is unlocking the godhead bugged in the PS4 version? Or have I got to do even more poo poo with the lost?

Grandpa Goodtimes
Oct 10, 2012

I know one bone in my body that works.
So glad I'm never gonna have to do The Lost again. The game is just for fun from here on out.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Grandpa Goodtimes posted:

So glad I'm never gonna have to do The Lost again. The game is just for fun from here on out.

I set the game down much earlier than I set down WotL specifically because of The Lost. I'm never, ever going to get True Plat God and it just irks me that it'll always be there and I won't ever have the time, patience, skill, and luck to get it, and it sucked all of the fun out of the game. I was really excited for this game and played it like a fiend (I put in like 50 hours over the course of a week or so), then saw The Lost and just kinda lost interest and haven't played it since :(

E: vvvvvvvvvvv that's exactly what I was looking to avoid when I finally decided to quit the game. Like Blue is hard enough, and it irks me that Ed just kind of arbitrarily upped the difficulty until it was too much for me

Magres fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Dec 8, 2014

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
I kind of feel the same way. After putting in over 800 deaths worth of play with The Lost, I feel it is simply beyond my ability to get anywhere with. The initial fun has been sucked out of the game.

EvilSlug
Dec 5, 2004
Not crazy, just evil.
^^^ :wtc: If you don't enjoy the play style, just ignore that character and get back to having fun. You'll be missing one achievement. Boo hoo. Of his unlocks, all are either useless or are different versions of things you already have unlocked. There's an entire game full of content for regular Isaac players and literally a single, tiny portion hidden away for the hyper-elite who want an additional challenge. It's autistic as gently caress to ignore an entire game because you're hung up on a tiny, unimportant bit of content which was never meant for you in the first place.

Geokinesis posted:

So is unlocking the godhead bugged in the PS4 version? Or have I got to do even more poo poo with the lost?
It's definitely bugged. :( Wish I'd read that ahead of time and I would have held off my final kill for the patch. (Also wish I'd known that the dead cat makes you invincible on PS4. THAT would've been handy. On both runs I finished, I had the dead cat; but didn't get hit.) I wasn't really messing with the lost seriously until I got through the chest with a great build and then landed a tammy's head and brimstone combo early on another run. That just instantly melted every single room. The only tense parts were the boss rush and the lamb. No godhead unlock, though. Got all the boss kill unlocks; but not the godhead. My item and trophy for killing Satan with Maggy hasn't unlocked, either. That or the 5 Mom kills trophy.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Sometimes you get all the luck with the drops:

Started with Tech 2 as Eden, got Spoonbender floor 1 and poo poo just piled on from there. Homing lasers are sooo much fun to watch wiggle back and forth across the map.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Grandpa Goodtimes posted:

There is going to be an expansion, you know. Chances are everyone will have new unlocks.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The whining for Samson was less and he ended up getting buffed. The Lost will probably get buffed too.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Sanctum posted:

For that first room it is possible to get out of it without taking (too much) damage, although it is a bitch. Really it depends on how much damage you have and how well you can tell how many shots it will take to kill a bomb fly. When you enter the room start firing immediately to get a few shots into one of the flies while moving to the center of the room since the two sets of flies will bounce off each other so that if you aren't there you're likely to get hit. You then start shooting one of the flies exclusively off to the side so that he hopefully blows up one or more of his companions off to the side away from you, giving you a bit more room to take out the other 2-3. Even if you dont manage to kill one you'll want to move down to one of sides at this point, focusing fire on the most likely candidate that will blow up away from your bridge. If at this point you havent blown any up you're definitely going to take damage just based on how they bounce around and the limited amount of space you have to dodge. Ymmv after this though because it gets difficult for most people to predict that many moving projectiles while managing their own movement and fire on the fly (heh). Also take this with a grain of salt since I'm playing this out by memory, but I've definitely gotten through those rooms with no damage before.

The other double item room is very rare, rarer even than the single item room with unbreakable blocks that teases the poo poo out of you. I presume it can actually have all four corners have a pedestal item too, because I did see one with 3 once. I didnt write down the seed though, I should have.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Volt Catfish posted:

The whining for Samson was less and he ended up getting buffed. The Lost will probably get buffed too.

Samson was supposed to be as good as the others, though. The Lost is intentionally terrible.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
I could see them giving The Lost infinite lives, meaning you'd have to beat every room once without getting hit, but you wouldn't have to put in some bullshit ironman streak to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

13/f/cali posted:

I would love a trinket called Greed Repellent for people who would like to shop ever.

Indulgence. :D