Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:stare: So.....uhh yeah. This is a thing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2240046/

Pro Wrestlers vs Zombies posted:

The Franchise Shane Douglas accidentally kills a wrestler in the ring. The wrestler's brother Angus seeks revenge by surrendering his soul to an ancient demon to gain the power to raise the undead. Angus then pays for a private show at an empty prison to lure Douglas and his friend Rowdy Roddy Piper into a death trap.

Ok guys fess up, who has it, who has seen it. I need this. I must watch it for myself. Also obligatory the zombies are lead by Owen Hart and the Von Erichs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

oatgan posted:

I'm not sure I remember the last WWE match I saw that had an announced time limit

The last one I remember was Wade Barrett v. Sheamus in a Beat the Clock challenge before the 2013 Rumble. Out of curiosity anyone remember anything since then?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Viper_3000 posted:

The last one I remember was Wade Barrett v. Sheamus in a Beat the Clock challenge before the 2013 Rumble. Out of curiosity anyone remember anything since then?

Dean and Seth had a timed thing this year.

I think it was Dean vs Del Rio and Seth vs Slater

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I think they had one for #1 contendership for the IC title and the Seth vs Dean one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jiro posted:

People who liked this also liked:

Thong Girl 4: The Body Electric

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

People who liked this also liked:

Thong Girl 4: The Body Electric

You're missing the most important part! We get a glimpse into the future and we would get to see Zombie Kurt Angle STILL WRESTLING! :dance:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Jiro posted:

You're missing the most important part! We get a glimpse into the future and we would get to see Zombie Kurt Angle STILL WRESTLING! :dance:

The zombie apocalypse is stopped and the world saved by carnies who enslave the zombies and force them to work for a different kind of z-pack. Starring Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio's pre-robot knees.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Endorph posted:

the showtime kick isn't a wrestling finisher, but it should be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXTKiAWOe0A

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Barrett's supposed to be back any day now, right? If he picks up where he left off but works face, I could really dig a BNB/Harper IC title feud.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dave and Bryan are speculating that Dean Ambrose may be removed from the PPV and Reigns will take his place in the match. Again, this is speculation mind you, but apparently they're claiming that Ambrose's kayfabe injury is the rather severe crushed trachea and Reigns is ready so it would make sense.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that would be so hilarious. poor ambrose.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Thauros posted:

Dave and Bryan are speculating that Dean Ambrose may be removed from the PPV and Reigns will take his place in the match. Again, this is speculation mind you, but apparently they're claiming that Ambrose's kayfabe injury is the rather severe crushed trachea and Reigns is ready so it would make sense.

Jesus, if this is what happens I am going to have so much bile for WWE. I was this close to forgiving them for HitC. If Ambrose and Bray tear the house down in a match that rehabilitates both of them and Rollins saves me from Cena v Brock 4, I can let go of my 6 month storyline being ruined, but if they kicked Ambrose totally to the curb so that Roman "Samoan Deisel" Reigns can squash Bray Wyatt even further into complete jobber status I'm just quitting until Mania, maybe even longer than that because I'm sure he'll be Main Eventing that.

Must be nice to be pretty.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Not unless they're calling Reigns back in after he got married this past weekend. And they've got enough bad press with weddings lately...

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Thauros posted:

That would be... jesus loving christ. I want to compare it to Hogan at WMIX bullshit but I know it's nowhere near as bad as that. But still, if that loving happens it would be the most WWE thing.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Thauros posted:

Amazing, right when confidence in WWE's booking and pretty much everything else is at a complete solid rock bottom.

gotta make him look strong

Sanguinia posted:

Rollins saves me from Cena v Brock 4

Must be nice to be pretty.

:laffo:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Could always be worse.

They could have Bray completely destroy Dean at the PPV and then Roman comes back to avenge Dean.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Thauros posted:

That would be the quickest way to make fans turn on Reigns.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Regardless, Bray will remain King Jobber Supreme.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

sticklefifer posted:

So was there ever anything, even an App segment, resembling an explanation for Brie's random heel turn? Or is JBL's "blood's thicker than water, Maggle!" literally all anyone has to go on?

Typically, that's all it is. At a general rule you just have to assume that anything involving Brie is going to be cheesy.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

It's still a frustratingly throwaway resolution to a feud they've been running for like 5 months.

I don't even know if I can get mad anymore about the Ambrose thing, they've refused to give Ambrose an actual win on PPV since the Shield split and stealing his feud like they did Bray before him is almost funny. Getting Reigns wins on PPV is essential if they want to make him a contender for Brock, but torpedoing the 2 guys I like that really need a win.... ugh

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Dec 8, 2014

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Blasmeister posted:

It's still a frustratingly throwaway resolution to a feud they've been running for like 5 months.
Forget it, Blasmeister. It's Bellaville.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

That would be the quickest way to make fans turn on Reigns.

its not like ambrose is monster over but yeah i don't think it'd go over super well

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol they're going to turn on reigns, Ambrose is going to get buried for it and we're going to get Cena-Brock at Mania.

What a dumb loving company.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Jiro posted:

Ok guys fess up, who has it, who has seen it. I need this. I must watch it for myself. Also obligatory the zombies are lead by Owen Hart and the Von Erichs.

we watched it in PSP-TV and the director came in to watch it with us as we made fun of his movie constantly

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Too subtle? What I was saying was

ok nevermind

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Too subtle? What I was saying was

ok nevermind

We got it, we just don't give edam.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Gonzo McFee posted:

We got it, we just don't give edam.

Yeah, gouda do better than that.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

BizarroAzrael posted:

Yeah, gouda do better than that.

I once tweeted a cheese pun like this to Steve Austin and he retweeted it and it was basically the high point of my life.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You guys hear about CM Punk?

He quit the WWF

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I really really really hope Dean is at the ppv because I'm going to it and seeing him is what I was most excited for :(

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

DeathChicken posted:

I love Undertaker, but he's magically aged like 30 years in the last 2. Maybe Punk dumping out the Urn really did do him in.

I want to say that he's lost a lot of muscle, and just looks really lean now - that's accentuated by the type of tights he wears. Plus, the head shaving is going to age you regardless.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

we watched it in PSP-TV and the director came in to watch it with us as we made fun of his movie constantly

Was this as glorious as it looks? Because it looks like those super lovely homemade fan episodes of Star Trek with some of the cast in there because money.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Red posted:

I want to say that he's lost a lot of muscle, and just looks really lean now - that's accentuated by the type of tights he wears. Plus, the head shaving is going to age you regardless.

I think the part that made him look oldest at wrestlemania was that his skin looked like it was purple underneath and he had tried to cover it up with bad spray tan. he looked like a bruised lumpy orange that fell behind the shelves in the fridge

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Cardboard Box posted:

its not like ambrose is monster over but yeah i don't think it'd go over super well

He was monster over for like a month, then wwe played their lovely booking game and killed most of the heat he had.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He's selling merchandise well, which can only help him.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Thauros posted:

They already had Reigns get a clean pin on Rollins on Dean's behalf, so this wouldn't surprise me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Alain Post posted:

He's selling merchandise well, which can only help him.

Lol that's probably exactly why he's being replaced

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol that's probably exactly why he's being replaced

Well it's obviously the booking that's getting him over, not the man himself. So if they just slot Roman into Dean's spot, Roman will be selling merch like crazy!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Well it's obviously the booking that's getting him over, not the man himself. So if they just slot Roman into Dean's spot, Roman will be selling merch like crazy!

It's so sad that you're dead on in that assessment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope the crowd shits all over Roman. Dude is not ready and is not good. I hope he proves himself but lol at WWE forever being content to live in mediocrity and poo poo quality. Those grape fruits are raisins today when it comes to booking/selecring talent.

• Locked thread