Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Still wish this was Highschool D&D instead of DxD.

Here you go. Well the closest you're going to get anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.

straight jerkers posted:

so which was the best

The one where Tenchi is a teacher.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So is there a thread for me to rave about how excited I am for Durarara's new season (coming January)?

Because I'm pretty excited.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

KittyEmpress posted:

So is there a thread for me to rave about how excited I am for Durarara's new season (coming January)?

Because I'm pretty excited.
If there isn't one there really should be.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

here is the first visual from the My Love Story!! anime adaptation that is coming out this spring. get hype

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
New video for Trigger's upcoming Ninja Slayer From Animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3eiorvNo4

Inferno Cop vibes are strong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

here is the first visual from the My Love Story!! anime adaptation that is coming out this spring. get hype

Anime of the year already.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Monkey Man posted:

The new season of Highschool DxD is coming in April, and once again, there are tits in the logo.

Could also be butts or balls to be fair.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Looks like a less handsome version of the main dude from Love Lab.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gouda takeo is extremely handsome and i will hear no criticism about how extremely cool and good looking he is

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

Could also be butts or balls to be fair.
Highschool DxD: B(utts) or N(uts)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's cool having consensual romance between the big dude with large lips and the petite women. a change from the genre.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

nielsm posted:

Looks like a less handsome version of the main dude from Love Lab.

Both Dutchy and Takeo are strapping young men and neither of them has said anything mean about you, nielsm! :colbert:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Davincie posted:

gouda takeo is extremely handsome and i will hear no criticism about how extremely cool and good looking he is

Exactly.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
About time this thread had some discussion about a good anime.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

am i a bad person for thinking monogatari has some bitchin OP songs? i think the show is gross and terrible, for reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqaHPpYWmPg

it should be criminal to waste that song on Avant-Garde Pedophilia: The Anime

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anime should be highly illegal.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
This is not fanart. It's official.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

:agreed:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

The Devil Tesla posted:

It's true. Illegal things are super cool, like weed, so it fits

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

am i a bad person for thinking monogatari has some bitchin OP songs? i think the show is gross and terrible, for reference

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

----------------

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

monogatari is good

----------------

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome

monogatari is good

This, except not ironic.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

icantfindaname posted:

Ya didn't even post the best one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvIEztK_gwQ

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

The Monkey Man posted:

This is not fanart. It's official.

Getting a 3x4.2m sized print of this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best part of this op is the subbers switching between yellow subs and white subs as the animation switches between 80s style and modern style

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One day I'm going to find the person who decided on yellow subs all those years ago and ask them why?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Endorph posted:

the best part of this op is the subbers switching between yellow subs and white subs as the animation switches between 80s style and modern style

There are some fansubbers who put in some serious loving effort into the Monogatari OPs.

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
Many good things in life are borderline illegal, just like Monogatari.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

One day I'm going to find the person who decided on yellow subs all those years ago and ask them why?

It was mostly due to technological limitations, I think. Not really a choice, but just how the subs were done.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yellow subs are loving awesome all subs should be yellow.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

The *gatari series are all an awkward mix between anime brilliance and :japan: moments that make you want to bleach your eyes. I like them.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
*gatari is the kind of show where every episode has me thinking "Oh man, my friend in film school would love this!" and then within the next ten minutes will remind me why I never admit that I watch anime in public.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

HellCopter posted:

I never admit that I watch anime in public.

pathetic

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

HellCopter posted:

*gatari is the kind of show where every episode has me thinking "Oh man, my friend in film school would love this!" and then within the next ten minutes will remind me why I never admit that I watch anime in public.

You could tell him

in private.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Because it didn't bleed like red or green, and stood out from the black border unlike blue. Don't ask me why more people didn't use white.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

In Australia at least the reason is

SBS Corporate posted:

SBS subtitles the majority of its non-English language programs in-house. The distinctive colour, font and size of subtitles were adopted after extensive research. For the majority of our programs, which are broadcast in colour it was found that yellow letters with thin black borders provide the maximum degree of contrast. For black and white material we use white subtitles with thin black borders.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Black and yellow are the two colours that stand apart the most. See: Hazard warning signs, bees, etc.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Redcrimson posted:

This, except not ironic.

When my unjustly probated friend Dick Spacious talks about his enjoyment of monogatari I can assure you there is nothing ironic about it.

HellCopter posted:

:pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lol

• Locked thread