Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BlitzBlast posted:

Yeah, that looks pretty great. Hope the changes to the back don't get in the way of the Striker Packs though.

Can you get the Striker Packs for the MG, out of curiosity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Literally The Worst posted:

Can you get the Striker Packs for the MG, out of curiosity?

You can, but only the launcher/sword packs, since Aile always comes with Strike by default. Of course the only way to get them now is either pay a shitload of money for the web exclusive launcher/sword packs, or buy the kit that comes with the original MG Strike Gundam.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Aile comes with the MG Strike, and Launcher/Sword/IWSP/Phoenix/Noir have their own kits.

Gunbarrel is 1/144 only, and Lightning never got a kit.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

You know what? I'm coming around on a few of the AGE designs, the Farsia looks like it might be neat, I quite like the back/shoulder armour. Shame that girl = pink.

The Fawn Farsia has its perks as a suit, but the Farsia itself is literally an immobile, remote-controlled weapons silo into which a girl is stuffed so that she might be fridged to fuel the main character's angst (hence the weird fused-together legs). No matter how nice the suit looks, it's hard to get over that once you've seen it in context. Most of the G1 and G2 Vagan suits are pretty good-looking, though, and all of Woolf's machines (the Genoace Custom, G-Exes, and G-Bouncer) are quite lovely.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BlitzBlast posted:

Aile comes with the MG Strike, and Launcher/Sword/IWSP/Phoenix/Noir have their own kits.

Gunbarrel is 1/144 only, and Lightning never got a kit.

Are those kits actually available?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I think Phoenix is the only one you'll find still in stock. The rest you'll have to scrounge around on eBay or Amazon for.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I have an untouched MG strike noir if you're interested

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

signalnoise posted:

Don't enable him. He already came here earlier begging for money so he could afford shipping costs.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

He was joking. It wasn't particularly funny, but still.

In the end, I actually did pick up the BTF ZZ so I can attempt to bash the original MG ZZ's parts onto it some time next century. The colors on the plastic are kind of weird.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

He was joking. It wasn't particularly funny, but still.

On this forum, nothing would really surprise me.

BlitzBlast posted:

In the end, I actually did pick up the BTF ZZ so I can attempt to bash the original MG ZZ's parts onto it some time next century. The colors on the plastic are kind of weird.

Does your red plate also look more orange? Mine did and it really bugged me cause I didn't want to paint over all the red parts. Look forward to seeing you try and pull this off(and immediately stop working on it once MG Double X comes out). :v:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's kind of pastel red, if anything. The weirder part was the glossy black inner frame.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Darth Walrus posted:

The Fawn Farsia has its perks as a suit, but the Farsia itself is literally an immobile, remote-controlled weapons silo into which a girl is stuffed so that she might be fridged to fuel the main character's angst (hence the weird fused-together legs). No matter how nice the suit looks, it's hard to get over that once you've seen it in context. Most of the G1 and G2 Vagan suits are pretty good-looking, though, and all of Woolf's machines (the Genoace Custom, G-Exes, and G-Bouncer) are quite lovely.

I found most of the Fed suits in AGE to be a bit too bland, but the vegans had a lot of cool suits. I didn't like their little sneaker feet though, I wish they'd had big claw feet to go with the whole dragon look they had going on. The vegan gundam (regilis, I think it's called?) is probably my favourite design from that whole show.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TaurusOxford posted:

Don't enable him. He already came here earlier begging for money so he could afford shipping costs.

It was also a joke you numbnuts, I said that already.

The problem was that HLJ's backorder system of just charging you as soon as the kit comes in meant that I was out thirty bucks two checks in a row that I wasn't anticipating spending at that second. It's not a big deal, I just wait until the end of the month and ship them then, but still.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
God is telling you to cut back a little, also God is a Gundam.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Finished my 00 Raiser.

God-drat, that thing just kept getting wider. Just layers of parts expanding outwards.

But on the other hand, good god the GN Sword looks so loving good.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Finished my 00 Raiser.

God-drat, that thing just kept getting wider. Just layers of parts expanding outwards.

But on the other hand, good god the GN Sword looks so loving good.

Which grade and which GN Sword? I really like the gunsword with the Seven Sword.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Whoops, I meant HG, and GN Sword III.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bimmi posted:

God is telling you to cut back a little, also God is a Gundam.

God's a little late to the party, I decided before I even got charged for the first one that these two were going to be my last kits for a hot minute.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

signalnoise posted:

What's your budget for this? There's some good poo poo you can get made or bought that's actually designed for this purpose, like this:

At 40 GBP and shipping to the US, I'd much rather make my own. I think I should be OK with the spice rack.

signalnoise posted:

I never saw Stargazer but I'm curious as to your asking price for Noir. I like it, just not sure if I want to add to the backlog, which has swelled to a whole three kits as of now :-(

Been good at keeping it at zero, but I've got the /r/gunpla and my local Facebook gunpla Secret Santa gifts wrapped for the holidays. I'm hoping I can do the Miss Sazabi and Gyan Vulcan before then to keep the 'log clean. That Noir is cool as hell, though. It looks like with some modifications - I've got the Star of David from the BB Senshi Satan Gundam to resin cast and duplicate - it'd make a great Talmud Gundam.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

In fact, on the subject of Stargazer, I watched it recently and could not find a HG of Stargazer Gundam for the life of me, even on Dalong. Did they even make one?

Anyway, a tip for anyone who hasn't made the 00/00 Raiser HG yet: Don't put the v-fin gem sticker on the top where it's supposed to go. Put it under the clear piece of the gem. Otherwise, it WILL fall off.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Anyway, a tip for anyone who hasn't made the 00/00 Raiser HG yet: Don't put the v-fin gem sticker on the top where it's supposed to go. Put it under the clear piece of the gem. Otherwise, it WILL fall off.

The proper tip is to not use that sticker at all. Instead, get a red marker and color the underside of the gem piece.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

In fact, on the subject of Stargazer, I watched it recently and could not find a HG of Stargazer Gundam for the life of me, even on Dalong. Did they even make one?

Yeeup.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

God-drat it, I forgot non-UC have their own categories.

Still, those green orbital things look drat cool on the model.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

God-drat it, I forgot non-UC have their own categories.

Still, those green orbital things look drat cool on the model.

Yeah, another one of the AGE kits I was refering to was the AGE-FX, which gets a clear bracket to arrange it's bits on like that.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Yeah, another one of the AGE kits I was refering to was the AGE-FX, which gets a clear bracket to arrange it's bits on like that.

Wow, that's really sweet too.

What can I say, I like gimmicks with my gunpla :v:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Wow, that's really sweet too.

What can I say, I like gimmicks with my gunpla :v:

I really like how AGE-FX looks in Burst Mode considerably more than how it looks in regular mode, then again I really loving like the tone of blue the Burst Mode has. Also a billion beam sabers coming out of every possible orifice.

:v:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I'm jealous of this guy's skills: http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2014/02/mg-1100-acguy-diorama-build.html

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Whoops, I meant HG, and GN Sword III.

Yeah I think nobody uses the GN sword II on the 00, the III looks way better.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Psyco Gundam Status Report: Day 5

It's getting closer! Still some major touch-ups to do.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

What are everyone's opinions of the RG Zeta? Is it well designed? Does the transformation gimmick work well?

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Warmachine posted:

What are everyone's opinions of the RG Zeta? Is it well designed? Does the transformation gimmick work well?

It's a god drat zeta kit and an RG. Guess.

If you even look at it funny it will break into a million pieces and it is poo poo at transforming

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

Warmachine posted:

I made it as my 2nd RG kit, and it was fun to make, it looks not very good because of the transformation bits, the neck/shoulder area always looks a bit odd, the waist is not very good, its very very floppy (the arms are quite strong though so can hold a shooting pose as long as you want).

The transformation gimmick is impressive, but requires lots of finesse to get it to work, and quite often it won't work and just fall to bits.

Get it if you like the suit design, but don't expect to be able to play with it.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
So I built and broke my first gundam today. HG Shining gundam. Building it went pretty well and then I went and broke it's right shoulder joint when I was trying to pose it. I'm so mad at myself for it.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I was loving around with my Gundam 3.0 earlier and it really does not seem like the shoulder joint on that thing will last. Beautiful model but oddly fragile for an RX-78.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That is basically 3.0 in a nutshell. You build it, make it strike a pose, and then never touch it again.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Warmachine posted:

The clip things on the back of the hips are stretching the tolerances of the plastic when holding the MS legs in place. Transforming it can very easily over-stretch the clip, leaving you with one leg that you just can't pose.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh yeah, RG Zeta's transformation is basically a downsized MG Zeta 2.0, with some of the safety features being sacrificed in the process. The end result basically destroys itself as it transforms back and forth, so pick a mode you want it in and keep it that way.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

That is basically 3.0 in a nutshell. You build it, make it strike a pose, and then never touch it again.

This is why, if you want an RX you can do things with, go for the 2.0.

You could drop that thing from space and the worst that'd happen is the v-fin coming off.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I've never been a fan of the 2.0's looks, but it's sheer pleasure to just pick up and hold: fucker is solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Bimmi posted:

I've never been a fan of the 2.0's looks, but it's sheer pleasure to just pick up and hold: fucker is solid.

I really like the UC kits that came out around that time. The Zaku, Gouf and pals are all like that and are just awesome. That weight feels so good.