Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Roman could be good if he gets booked like Goldberg. I hope he gets booked like Goldberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The whole Gotta Make Him Look Strong thing regarding Reigns makes me think back to the infamous Cena/Bray Crying match and how that was apparently a last minute Vince idea because "Cena needed to look strong". Whelp.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

triplexpac posted:

Well it's obviously the booking that's getting him over, not the man himself. So if they just slot Roman into Dean's spot, Roman will be selling merch like crazy!

We could give big show the yes chant too. I mean it's the chant that's over not the wrestler.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Replacing Ambrose with Reigns will instantly make the crowd turn on him, but people hated The Rock early on too, so as long as Roman suddenly becomes one of the greatest talkers in pro wrestling history, everything will work out fine.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
What was Reigns even doing before the surgery?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Red posted:

Squashing Rollins and winning Ambrose's feuds for him.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Red posted:

He had a decent match with Orton that didn't really get a lot of heat iirc.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Red posted:

kinda feuding with Orton in what felt like a stretch, and then at a greater stretch he was supposed to be feuding with Seth

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Red posted:

"Hey city name/sports team let's rock up in this bitch!"

*lame cheap pop

*10 Superman punches and basic moves

*wins

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Gatts posted:

"Hey city name/sports team let's rock up in this bitch!"

*lame cheap pop

*10 Superman punches and basic moves

*wins

You realize that Steve Austin knows like 6 moves right

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

There are a few reasons to dislike what they're doing with Reigns, but he gets a big reaction with what he has. Ragging on him because he does not do 450 degree flippy moonsaults is dumb.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I missed WWE for awhile. John Cena made Bray Wyatt cry?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

STAC Goat posted:

He made everyone cry.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Everyone calm down it'll be OK: "UPDATE, DEC. 8, 2014: WWE.com has learned that Dean Ambrose has been cleared for active competition."

From: http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2014-12-05/dean-ambrose-injury-update-following-bray-wyatt-attack

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Smoking Crow posted:

Really that's not true. Most of his run on top was as a brawler with a fairly limited moveset, but he was a solid technician before he changed his style due to injuries.

the problem with Reigns isn't that he only does a few moves, it's that he is still lacking in fundamentals. There is no comparison with Stone Cold here.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Smoking Crow posted:

No way.

Middle finger
Punch
Clothesline
That thing he does where he's giving the finger over and over as he does a fistdrop or something
That same thing, but from the top rope
Checking imaginary watch
Thesz Press
Stun Gun
Million Dollar Dream
Chopblock
Kick to the gut to set up the Stunner
Stone Cold Stunner
Stomping a mudhole and then walking it dry is like 2 moves
Edit (I'm remembering more): He does that Big Bossman thing where someone's laying on the ropes, and then he does a running sitdown on their back
Also, clobbering someone from behind when they're coming down the aisle
Low blow
Drinking a beer the timekeeper threw him
Suplex
Superplex
Suplex outside the ring, but having the other guy land junk-first on the railing

Red fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 8, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Everyone calm down it'll be OK: "UPDATE, DEC. 8, 2014: WWE.com has learned that Dean Ambrose has been cleared for active competition."

From: http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2014-12-05/dean-ambrose-injury-update-following-bray-wyatt-attack

lol at everyone flipping out cuz the dirtsheetz.

I don't know why anyone's worried about Luther Reigns, does that guy even wrestle anymore?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
turnbuckle flip
kick
surfboard
knee
dropkick
crippler crossface

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

I think its been said before, but what Reigns really should be doing is having a lengthy (year+) run with one of the midcard belts.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RacistGuidingLight posted:

turnbuckle flip
kick
surfboard
knee
dropkick
crippler crossface

armdrag
crossbody
tope con hilo
blue thunder bomb
big boot on the corner
tornado ddt

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

SoggyBobcat posted:

I think its been said before, but what Reigns really should be doing is having a lengthy (year+) run with one of the midcard belts.

Why would you want him to lose matches for a year straight? You must really hate him

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Why would you want him to lose matches for a year straight? You must really hate him

Even still, giving the IC title to Reigns and booking him the same way they've been doing forever would go a long way to rehabbing the belt.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Not even sure why that conversation about Ambrose being out and Reigns taking his place was posted here when it didn't make sense out of context, and was obviously nothing more than Bryan Alvarez doing his usual thing where he gets an idea in his head and then it becomes "WHAT MUST HAPPEN". But congrats on feeding sticklefifer's lol dirtsheets obsession I guess.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hi I'm Danial Bryan, big proponent of diet and exercise for health as well as fitness and performance and that's why one of my signature spots is like the worst thing to do to your knees short of taking a ball-peen hammer to them.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Daniel Bryan posted:

Not even sure why that conversation about Ambrose being out and Reigns taking his place was posted here when it didn't make sense out of context, and was obviously nothing more than Bryan Alvarez doing his usual thing where he gets an idea in his head and then it becomes "WHAT MUST HAPPEN". But congrats on feeding sticklefifer's lol dirtsheets obsession I guess.

I am OBSESSED with laughing at dirtsheets you guys.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Otto von Ruthless posted:

Really that's not true. Most of his run on top was as a brawler with a fairly limited moveset, but he was a solid technician before he changed his style due to injuries.

the problem with Reigns isn't that he only does a few moves, it's that he is still lacking in fundamentals. There is no comparison with Stone Cold here.
Also didn't help that Reigns had an injury that made it hard/impossible to do power moves

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

I said it was mere speculation but Dave gave it some credence instead of just laughing it off as he often does in those situations

Thauros fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 8, 2014

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
A crushed trachea should have kept Ambrose out for months. That Z-pack must have been powerful.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I was reading that Big Show heel/face turn list the other day and I'm curious as to why he in particular has had so many turns so consecutivly. Is he just a hard guy to write for so it's just easier to do SWERVE HEEL NOW, SWERVE FACE NOW.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bhester posted:

A crushed trachea should have kept Ambrose out for months. That Z-pack must have been powerful.

It turned out the crushed trachea was just the concussion talking.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

I was reading that Big Show heel/face turn list the other day and I'm curious as to why he in particular has had so many turns so consecutivly. Is he just a hard guy to write for so it's just easier to do SWERVE HEEL NOW, SWERVE FACE NOW.

It's because WWE writers are hacks and go for an easy way out for an impressive looking bad guy for people to take down.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

OldTennisCourt posted:

he's very good at getting face/heel heat based on what his alignment is at any time

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea I just listened to the observer podcast and it was completely Dave speculating

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

STAC Goat posted:

Okay remember how after Summerslam where Brock kicked Cena's rear end; well Vince thought that this defeat was so terrible that it was going to cause kids to stop buying merch and make a wish kids were going to lose the will to live because their hero was crushed.

So Vince ordered that Bray and the Wyatt family to be squashed to show "Oh poo poo Cena's a bad man now, look how much he crushed and buried these Wyatts!!!" Everyone backstage told him this was a baaaaaaad idea, hell I think even Cena thought it was bad, but Vince wouldn't budge. And at the end of the match they had Bray beg and cry for Cena to stop beating him.

This is why the Wyatt's disappeared after that for a couple of months

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea I just listened to the observer podcast and it was completely Dave speculating

Yeah it was basically "You know, they gave Ambrose a pretty serious kayfabe injury. It would be pretty dumb of them to bring him back less than two weeks after getting his larynx crushed, wouldn't it?"

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Smoking Crow posted:

"Nolan Ryan was basically just a fastball." - Kevin Nash

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It makes sense because a crushed throat shouldn't be something you throw out to write a guy off for a couple of weeks or less but attention to detail isn't exactly WWEs strong suit lately.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

achillesforever6 posted:

Okay remember how after Summerslam where Brock kicked Cena's rear end; well Vince thought that this defeat was so terrible that it was going to cause kids to stop buying merch and make a wish kids were going to lose the will to live because their hero was crushed.

So Vince ordered that Bray and the Wyatt family to be squashed to show "Oh poo poo Cena's a bad man now, look how much he crushed and buried these Wyatts!!!" Everyone backstage told him this was a baaaaaaad idea, hell I think even Cena thought it was bad, but Vince wouldn't budge. And at the end of the match they had Bray beg and cry for Cena to stop beating him.

This is why the Wyatt's disappeared after that for a couple of months

I remember the vague idea of Wyatt/Cena. I wasn't really paying attention but after the botched Wyatt/Bryan feud that killed all my hope for Wyatt since it seemed obvious to me he was going to die at the altar of Cena. Then they had that singing magical kid thing and I tuned out completely. Next thing I knew Wyatt was alone, Harper was with the Authority, and Rowan was a top face. I assumed truly terrible things must have happened to bring that about but I didn't imagine Wyatt actually cried.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
Haven't seen this posted in any of the CM Punk discussion, this moment of the pipe bomb promo is pretty interesting given the Austin/McMahon podcast

http://youtu.be/7Ms0DFxpptk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I remember the vague idea of Wyatt/Cena. I wasn't really paying attention but after the botched Wyatt/Bryan feud that killed all my hope for Wyatt since it seemed obvious to me he was going to die at the altar of Cena. Then they had that singing magical kid thing and I tuned out completely. Next thing I knew Wyatt was alone, Harper was with the Authority, and Rowan was a top face. I assumed truly terrible things must have happened to bring that about but I didn't imagine Wyatt actually cried.

You missed Cena beating Wyatt at Wrestlemania, Cena beating Wyatt at Extreme Rules, then you caught the singing magical kid thing, Cena beating Wyatt in the mentioned crying match, and then Cena kind of beating Wyatt via winning the Money in the Bank match Wyatt was in.

• Locked thread