Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

40 OZ posted:

Yeah I know GG is avante-garde and hip but think you are just kinda wrong on this 1 m8.

These animated on mobile, what the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Madmarker posted:

But they already did bring back Alex in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom

He was also in Capcom Fighting Jam.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

brian posted:

I see your dudley and I raise you one Oro penis:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

"You have no dignity."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
See, and you guys complain about upskirts in anime games. Japan is equal opportunity!

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

oro's penis is gonna look great in hd on my sony playstation 4

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

lmao

Also boooooo to the man who posted a picture of the filtered SF3. Gimme those pixels.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

same anim w/ different timing. top one has different timing on frames to emphasize different parts of it vs. same delay per frame on all of em. the attack gets a different 'feel' to it because of something that basic even though the number of actual frames in the anim is the same

what i'm saying is god drat iron man's animations own. jesus they hosed that up so bad in marvel 3.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Fereydun posted:

what i'm saying is god drat iron man's animations own. jesus they hosed that up so bad in marvel 3.

I understand why everything is 3D now but I really miss quality spritework.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I'm having too much fun please stop me.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Oh no, dweeb jargon, I am DESTROYED!!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Skullgirls is amazing and looks amazing and has a catgirl amputee and a saxman.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
Can someone who knows how to properly animate the GIFs post the jedah "contract" super, or the "FETUS OF GOD" stage?

I need to analyze the Keyframes.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

40 OZ posted:

Can someone who knows how to properly animate the GIFs post the jedah "contract" super, or the "FETUS OF GOD" stage?

I need to analyze the Keyframes.

You are aware that trying to get into a discussion about animation and not knowing what keyframes are is pretty much trying to discuss SF without knowing what a hadouken is, right.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Dias posted:

You are aware that trying to get into a discussion about animation and not knowing what keyframes are is pretty much trying to discuss SF without knowing what a hadouken is, right.

He doesn't seem to be aware of how to properly post a gif on an internet forum, so I'm guessing no.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Suspicious Cook posted:

I understand why everything is 3D now but I really miss quality spritework.

I might be a little biased, but Vampire Savior and 3s are the nicest looking fighters ever made. Like I said, GG and Blazblue have way higher res sprites, but they're not animated half as good. Guilty Gear looks better in stills, 3s and Vsav look better in motion.

I'm not even saying that Guilty Gear looks or plays like poo poo, because it doesn't, Guilty Gear is great, it's just that 3s is the best.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
no don't stop him

the best part of goons posting is when they're wrong and they just keep going in harder while ignoring how wrong they are

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Dias posted:

I've admired these games' animation and discussed it with friends and acquantinces over the years, as we all have, and I've somehow managed to exist in a bizarre netherworld where nobody has brought up Keyframes.

Whereas I think like half the population under 40 knows what a Hadoken is.

But again, It sure appears that I am the odd one out here, so I'll just take your word for it.

Honky Donkey Man
May 15, 2004

I'm an Ass Man
Ken Bogard (French FGC commentator, who knew about Decapre early) Claims to have a bit of information about SFV.

quote:

Time / Weather effects in stages

Release date : 2016, before the end of the fiscal year.

Unreal Engine 4

The new mechanic is named V-Trigger : You can change your stance.

16 characters (with future updates, see below)

No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)

The story mode will be much better, they know they hosed up with sf4.

The PC version is here mostly because they want to bring the game to Latin America, South Asia, Africa.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
interro is steaming mad and he's not gonna take it any more

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Skullgirls is amazing and looks amazing and has a catgirl amputee and a saxman.

Yeah Skullgirls has some pretty well done animation, too bad the game isn't any fun and no one plays it except for perverts

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

40 OZ posted:

I don't know what Keyframes are but I don't mind being the lone guy here thinking you guys are nuts to think this is even close.

why are you posting still images in a discussion about animation you absolute nutcase

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)

The story mode will be much better, they know they hosed up with sf4.

What do these mean?

The first one is gibberish to me other than "killer instinct" which makes me think it's saying "no crazy title changing updates, just rolling medium size updates that'll probably add chars"

The second makes me wonder what story mode wasn't hosed up then? It seems the same as every other SF, plus special matchups getting intros.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

What do these mean?

The first one is gibberish to me other than "killer instinct" which makes me think it's saying "no crazy title changing updates, just rolling medium size updates that'll probably add chars"

The second makes me wonder what story mode wasn't hosed up then? It seems the same as every other SF, plus special matchups getting intros.

The first one is exactly what you thought it was. "No more Street Fighter 2X Plus EX Arcade Edition", probably gonna follow the season model.

The second one means they could've/should've done something like MK9's story mode and didn't. That's a big selling point for "casual" fighting game players.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

weather effects?

with rain?

do it capcom you fuckers

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

interro is steaming mad and he's not gonna take it any more

play me cvs2

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Spermgod posted:

you absolute nutcase

Please accept this post as my formal apology to you, sir.

I can't help it.. I just have bizarre and macabre tastes.

morrigan_cvs2.gif

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Street Fighter Alpha 2 has the best backgrounds. Their character design is probably the strongest out of all the street fighters. Also Guy is awesome and pissed off 24/7.

Third Strike has easily the best animation, even today. It's really hard to do that snappy extend poo poo in 3d, and they just make it work. Hugo's animation is also great and Makoto feels loving powerful. They all lose a bit of that in SF4. They also halfassed Hugo's hair so it just looks like he's wearing a wig and his weird stance animation kind of makes him look drunk instead of cool and weird like in Third Strike.

40 OZ posted:

I don't know what Keyframes are but I don't mind being the lone guy here thinking you guys are nuts to think this is even close.

One game with a bunch of greasy generic FX tossed onto some weak posed characters. I mean christ that robot just looks sleepy.

Or Third Strike with done-by-hand Makoto smoke burst with extremely awesome poses.

The keyframes you gave us hands down make Third Strike look better.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Spermgod posted:

why are you posting still images in a discussion about animation you absolute nutcase

Like I'm not gonna lie, even in the still images he posted 3s still looks better than GG.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
The point being made isn't even "GG does/doesn't look better than 3S," it's that for purposes of making a fighting game that's visually easy to read and has attacks that look and feel satisfying, having really prominent active keyframes is important. I think 3S still does a good job of this despite having a lot more frames of animation; an example of a game that has good animation but does a bad job with the thing that GG does really well would be Skullgirls.

Posting animations of people standing idly or static images of people who aren't even actively attacking has nothing at all to do with any of this.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

Fereydun posted:

weather effects?

with rain?

do it capcom you fuckers

it's amazing how a simple plain field can look so much better than every stage in SF4

yes solar eclipse was pretty cool so cram it nerds

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
The only thing about Third Strike that sucks is some of the backgrounds are just editted photos. Like that's it. Well maybe Elena's rotoscope look but that's pretty picky.

Like they're ok but you can tell they just went gently caress it, and went all into the characters. What's strange is how well done Street Fighter 3 New Generation's backgrounds are

I mean holy gently caress!

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fereydun posted:

weather effects?

with rain?

do it capcom you fuckers

thank you mugen

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Buckwheat Sings posted:

The only thing about Third Strike that sucks is some of the backgrounds are just editted photos. Like that's it. Well maybe Elena's rotoscope look but that's pretty picky.

Like they're ok but you can tell they just went gently caress it, and went all into the characters. What's strange is how well done Street Fighter 3 New Generation's backgrounds are

I mean holy gently caress!

Yeah, New Generation and 2i have WAY WAY better stages than 3s. I think they stated the reason for this is because the character animations and amount of playable characters took up so much memory they had to downgrade the stages a bit.

It would have been awesome if 3SOE included the NG and 2i stages but noooope.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Yeah, that makes sense. I guess Capcom just threw it out there for a quick buck.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

interrodactyl posted:

play me cvs2

all my bux on jerreferey of yospos

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
2I also had multi-part stages didnt it?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

2I also had multi-part stages didnt it?

Yeah, like the bridge on Elena's stage would break and you'd fall below. I'm pretty sure some of the Marvel games did stuff like that too but it's been so long since I've played anything before MvC2 I can't tell you.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, like the bridge on Elena's stage would break and you'd fall below. I'm pretty sure some of the Marvel games did stuff like that too but it's been so long since I've played anything before MvC2 I can't tell you.

Sounds like XvSF or MSH. You can bust into the sewers in one of those games, I'm sure of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Dias posted:

Sounds like XvSF or MSH. You can bust into the sewers in one of those games, I'm sure of that.

That sounds about right. I remember a city stage going to other screens in at least one of them.

• Locked thread