Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm so annoyed that they didn't add a boss-fight only chapter select thing to the Wii U port like Metal Gear Rising PC added. gently caress the Space Harrier section. It would be so much more bearable if it weren't so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Surlaw posted:

It would be fine if it was 1/4 as long.

Yeah, that's my problem with all the driving bits as well.

ImpAtom posted:

It would be fine if you didn't have to play to get to the rockass Jeanne boss fight.

drat that was a bomb rear end fight (except for the camera going crazy on the missile).

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I was a little letdown by the final boss of Bayonetta 2 but I'm honestly glad they didn't try to top the ending of the original game. A major plus too is that the auto-scrolling segmnets are actually really fun and well done in two as compared to the first. Now to go back and try to get as many platinums or pure platinums as I can :suicide:

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Regy Rusty posted:

The final level of Captain Toad is the most difficult thing I've ever encountered in a Nintendo game. I thought it was bad before, but it just keeps ramping up even further. This is not the cute friendly game the rest of it was.

Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

No way, Champion's Road (and some of the levels in certain attractions in Nintendo Land) are way harder than that level.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ultigonio posted:

No way, Champion's Road (and some of the levels in certain attractions in Nintendo Land) are way harder than that level.

I beat Champion's Road in a couple hours on my first night of attempting it.

I've been at the mummy maze for 2 days now on and off. I got 36 levels deep on my best attempt and it was chaos already.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Regy Rusty posted:

The final level of Captain Toad is the most difficult thing I've ever encountered in a Nintendo game. I thought it was bad before, but it just keeps ramping up even further. This is not the cute friendly game the rest of it was.

Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

Great. :(

I'm still working on stupid challenges just to see the rest of the content. Let alone the gently caress you level.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tracula posted:

I was a little letdown by the final boss of Bayonetta 2 but I'm honestly glad they didn't try to top the ending of the original game. A major plus too is that the auto-scrolling segmnets are actually really fun and well done in two as compared to the first. Now to go back and try to get as many platinums or pure platinums as I can :suicide:

The final boss in Bayonetta 2 is less of an event but it's kind of a better fight. It's also honestly still more of a final boss than most games have these days, it's only really disappointing next to W101, Rising and Bayo1.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The final boss in Bayonetta 2 is less of an event but it's kind of a better fight. It's also honestly still more of a final boss than most games have these days, it's only really disappointing next to W101, Rising and Bayo1.

Everything about that ending sequence was nuttier than the last in the best way, I had to keep stopping to breathe from losing it so much.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

Everything about that ending sequence was nuttier than the last in the best way, I had to keep stopping to breathe from losing it so much.

The final boss fight in Rising is a treasure. It's just so amazing.

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010

Tracula posted:

I'm just glad there wasn't a "stay airborne for a minute" musilphem. gently caress that mission in Bayo 1.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So loving sick of Toad. I've never gone from loving a game so much to hating one like this.

It really does go from like 2 difficulty up to 8 and 9 and 10 with nothing in between.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ImpAtom posted:

The final boss fight in Rising is a treasure. It's just so amazing.

It is probably my favorite final boss of all time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

So loving sick of Toad. I've never gone from loving a game so much to hating one like this.

It really does go from like 2 difficulty up to 8 and 9 and 10 with nothing in between.

Really? I mean I sympathize, this last level is really tough. But it doesn't change how fantastic the rest of the game was, and I'm sure I'll feel great satisfaction once I've beaten it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Regy Rusty posted:

Really? I mean I sympathize, this last level is really tough. But it doesn't change how fantastic the rest of the game was, and I'm sure I'll feel great satisfaction once I've beaten it.

I'm not even on the last level. It's just that the game is so loving punishing on some of these last challenges. It's bad design, really. I know I could hammer these things out, but after a couple tries I am just pissed off and don't want to play any more. It's not that I can't do them as I have to do things perfectly and one mistake means starting over and that's not fun.

I would have given the game a 9/10. But now I am down to 8/10 and I might even lower my grade even more if it is as bad as you indicate.

E: Looking back, I haven't really had fun with the game since I "won." All this extra stuff just feels like work with no payoff.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 8, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm not even on the last level. It's just that the game is so loving punishing on some of these last challenges. It's bad design, really. I know I could hammer these things out, but after a couple tries I am just pissed off and don't want to play any more. It's not that I can't do them as I have to do things perfectly and one mistake means starting over and that's not fun.

I would have given the game a 9/10. But now I am down to 8/10 and I might even lower my grade even more if it is as bad as you indicate.

lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Please keep us up to date on your numeric score

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

It's not bad design just because you can't do it, dude. :rolleyes:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Quest For Glory II posted:

Please keep us up to date on your numeric score

Hey, I can whine all I want. I paid $10 for the right to be a big babby.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

God forbid someone has an opinion about a game in the Games forum.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

wow, rude

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

E: Looking back, I haven't really had fun with the game since I "won." All this extra stuff just feels like work with no payoff.

:confused: What levels are you talking about then? The Mummy-Me's? They're hard sure but they're not that punishing. You always have room for at least one mistake and there's usually at least one mushroom to be found. The final level is hard just for how long it is, even its mechanics aren't all that bad.

I'm glad that they put in some super hard bonus stuff at the end even if it's taking me forever to beat it. If you really don't find it fun you can just not do it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Waltzing Along posted:

Why don't you put the loving game down then? It's not your job, you don't have to complete it ffs

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Saoshyant posted:

God forbid someone has an opinion about a game in the Games forum.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Waltzing Along, I would have given you 7/10 as a forums poster. But now you are down to 6/10 and I might even lower my grade even more if you keep whining.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Regy Rusty posted:

:confused: What levels are you talking about then? The Mummy-Me's? They're hard sure but they're not that punishing. You always have room for at least one mistake and there's usually at least one mushroom to be found. The final level is hard just for how long it is, even its mechanics aren't all that bad.

I'm glad that they put in some super hard bonus stuff at the end even if it's taking me forever to beat it. If you really don't find it fun you can just not do it.

The one that just pissed me off was the bonus mummy level where you need 160 coins. I had 156, I am running up to the platform, staying ahead of the mummy, I get under the awning and I turn the camera so I can see where I am going and not run off the edge and wham..right into the star. Level done...not enough coins. Just annoying. I'll get it next time but I don't even want to play now because that was so stupid,

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hedrigall posted:

Waltzing Along, I would have given you 7/10 as a forums poster. But now you are down to 6/10 and I might even lower my grade even more if you keep whining.

Well, I had sex with your wife!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

jesus christ

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Waltzing Along posted:

B-but I'm married to your sister!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

miku would never cheat on me

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is this the kind of discourse that normally populates the wii u general discussion thread?

i just want to talk about games. i dont think i can handle all this :wth:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Please stop loving each other's wives and sisters?? It's poo poo like this that cause tempers to flare.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Waltzing Along posted:

I have not played Captain Toad yet but this post is super loving pathetic and the idea of an actual presumed adult pissing and moaning about how the most kids game since Kirby is too hard is delicious.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I didn't expect to see a dude melt down because he couldn't beat a level in Captain Toad.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

You think life's easy as a treasure tracker?? You havent seen what i've seen. You don't know what I've been through

Some treasures.... are not worth tracking

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Waltzing Along posted:

Maybe you're having such a hard time because you don't have the proper tools. Be sure to ask an adult for help, you'll need it http://captaintoad.nintendo.com/assets/pdf/ToadBrigadeAdventureKit.pdf

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Hedrigall posted:

Why don't you put the loving game down then? It's not your job, you don't have to complete it ffs

Because we're all huge nerds.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I've thrown lots of hours into Demon's Souls and Mario Sunshine is more frustrating than that, to me.

There's something about the cute graphics and music and "Have a good time!" nintendo mentality that makes difficult and/or poorly designed moments that sets us off.

I spent a solid fifteen minutes trying to consistently figure out how to land on two rotating pirate ships in Mario sunshine, that are poorly coded. Half the time I slide down, half the time I fall through them, the other half I magically hang on.

And then the game will hand me an awesome "destroy an electric manta ray with your spray gun on a tropical beach" and the game wins me back over.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah that manta ray is great

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Waltzing Along posted:

Hey, I can whine all I want. I paid $10 for the right to be a big babby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

don't let him win

• Locked thread