Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I hope RVD doesn't come back because his last run was pretty abysmal. Cesaro couldn't get a good match out of him, and he only had good chemistry with Orton, the one man on the roster I want to see the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Cardboard Box posted:

i haven't seen it but dave has talked about seeing roman reigns at press events and he's really quick and clever which just doesn't come across on tv at all with his lame overly scripted promos

It's scripting and it's also a matter of everything taking too goddamn long. The Reigns promos and the weekly opening shitshow are the obvious examples but even most of the matches can be shorter and catchier. I have sympathy for them because they have to write a three hour show every week but on a bad day it feels like a five hour show.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Skarsnik posted:

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/50-off-t-shirts-wwe-euroshop-today-only-2077270?mforwarded=true

For any euro wrassle goons, 50% off shirts today and then another code to get it even cheaper

Cheers for this, picked up Ambrose, Zayn and punk shirts for £30

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Cardboard Box posted:

i don't get the vibe that reigns is an insufferable douchebag like i do from kevin nash

Weekly reminder that Kevin Nash is the best pro wrestler of all time, outside of his ability to participate in a professional wrestling match

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

RVD is back? Sweet, we'll get another Cesaro classic out of him.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

So what's the likelihood that there's an MMA/UFC dig at some point tonight due to the whole Punk situation? Like some mid/low card dude just randomly tries to do MMA-style moves and is made to look a fool (this would be Sandow if he weren't currently doing his Mizdow thing; I'm thinking they trot out Ryder with a new MMA-like gear set and have him lose in 10 seconds or less to Big Show or some dumb poo poo like that). Or someone makes a sort-of backhanded comment about mixed martial arts on commentary or when receiving a Slammy.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

RVD was pretty bad last time around. He seemed real slow and out of shape. I think I'll always be a huge RVD guy, and I get excited when he randomly pops up every few months, but it may be time to hang it up if he's just gonna do the same old moveset at half-speed/quality.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
That super stiff match Orton and RVD had on Smackdown during his last run owned.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

BodyMassageMachine posted:

So what's the likelihood that there's an MMA/UFC dig at some point tonight due to the whole Punk situation? Like some mid/low card dude just randomly tries to do MMA-style moves and is made to look a fool (this would be Sandow if he weren't currently doing his Mizdow thing; I'm thinking they trot out Ryder with a new MMA-like gear set and have him lose in 10 seconds or less to Big Show or some dumb poo poo like that). Or someone makes a sort-of backhanded comment about mixed martial arts on commentary or when receiving a Slammy.

You'll probably get Heyman making a backhanded compliment when talking about Brock Lesnar, and Punk will probably laugh if he ever cares to hear about it.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Cardboard Box posted:

i don't get the vibe that reigns is an insufferable douchebag like i do from kevin nash

by far the most heartbreaking part of pro wrestling for me was finding out that Diesel was a dick :( how could Big Daddy Cool not be the poo poo???

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope RVD comes back and becomes Sheamus' tag partner

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm surprised Sting isn't on that ad.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

As if Brock is going to appear, lol.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Brock will win an award for the beater of the longest streak

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
That's the Superstar of the Year nominees.

Full image:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

one of those things is not like the other

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

triplexpac posted:

RVD will come back, everyone online will get mad, but he'll still get better pops than like 80% of the roster. RVD is the man.
My friend at the Museum was telling me how at the end of ECW shows he would go see RVD after the shows and smoke weed with him and Sabu. Says RVD was always a chill guy.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
That's a super old image of Lesnar.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh man. I really hope Raw is better than last well or I'm going to need a lot more than this poo poo single malt Scotch to make it through.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh man. I really hope Raw is better than last well or I'm going to need a lot more than this poo poo single malt Scotch to make it through.

they gotta sell the ppv

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Hi I'm Danial Bryan, big proponent of diet and exercise for health as well as fitness and performance and that's why one of my signature spots is like the worst thing to do to your knees short of taking a ball-peen hammer to them.

It could be worse, I mean you could do the Pepsi Plunge for like most of a decade and then sign up to compete in an actual fighting sport with knees only surpassed in their shittyness by those balloons in the middle of Terry Funk's legs.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Aye Doc posted:

by far the most heartbreaking part of pro wrestling for me was finding out that Diesel was a dick :( how could Big Daddy Cool not be the poo poo???

I don't know that Nash is so much an rear end in a top hat as he is just out to make money.

For the most part, he did everything that was asked of him in WCW, and early WWF as Shawn's bodyguard. Once he started getting pushed as champ, I feel like he was still trying - until WrestleMania XI. I think he saw Shawn's politicking, and figured out that there was a smarter way to work. Now, when motivated, he busted his rear end - basically, when he jobbed to belt to Bret, and the following 6 months to try and get a raise. His two best WWF matches (Bret, and the IYH match against Shawn) took place while Nash was trying to get a raise from Vince, or a big deal from WCW.

Once he got to WCW, the guaranteed money took care of everything, and at some point, got to book and had a good deal of creative control - so why not do your best to take care of yourself, he figures.

Nash only ever seems to care about having a good time backstage, and wrestling is just a way to pay for it.

Or am I giving him too much credit?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

It could be worse, I mean you could do the Pepsi Plunge for like most of a decade and then sign up to compete in an actual fighting sport with knees only surpassed in their shittyness by those balloons in the middle of Terry Funk's legs.

Maybe Rey finally found that magic solution to getting new knees and shared it with Punk

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Nash is the coolest wrestler of all time and I will not hear otherwise.

dude made five grand for just doing an extra jackknife

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 9, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Everblight posted:

Weekly reminder that Kevin Nash is the best pro wrestler of all time, outside of his ability to participate in a professional wrestling match

i disagree i think his promos suck and he sucks

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

There is only one LOL moment of the year and that is Punk laughing and shaking his head in the background while Stephanie runs down Triple H's accomplishments.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

oknope posted:

they gotta sell the ppv

gently caress that, let's give ourselves a bunch of awards cause we so awesome.

I think I'm just going to skip RAW, I mean ugh Slammies.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Aye Doc posted:

He's not an rear end in a top hat, he's a carny that's in it to make himself as much money as possible. That's why he's the best ever.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Faustian Bargain posted:

There is only one LOL moment of the year and that is Punk laughing and shaking his head in the background while Stephanie runs down Triple H's accomplishments.

That gif is this whole year in wwe in one image.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Faustian Bargain posted:

I laughed every time I saw Cesaro or Bray, myself.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Blasmeister posted:

Cheers for this, picked up Ambrose, Zayn and punk shirts for £30

:hfive:

Got me a stone cold and D-generation X one

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

I laugh every time I see Bray

same lol

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Faustian Bargain posted:

Coincidentally that was at last years slammys lol

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

Full image:

Congrats to Cena for winning with 35% of the vote. You couldn't water down voting any more even if you tried.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Daniel Bryan posted:

Full image:

I'd argue Seth Rollins or Bryan just for the Mania moment. Or co-winners. After Bryan goes down Seth carries the feuds with the SHIELD betrayal and becomes top heel. Plus has great matches.

Give it to Seth.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

I'd argue Seth Rollins or Bryan just for the Mania moment. Or co-winners. After Bryan goes down Seth carries the feuds with the SHIELD betrayal and becomes top heel. Plus has great matches.

Give it to Seth.

I say Dean. :colbert:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Let's face it, they've been carrying things. Their feud was awesome. Cena's there too being Cena.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!
Ex WWF tag team champ Jimmy Del Ray has passed away

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/532689-former-heavenly-bodies-tag-team-star-jimmy-del-ray-passes-away-at-52

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Sigma posted:

Congrats to Cena for winning with 35% of the vote. You couldn't water down voting any more even if you tried.

Kane does a run-in and steals 7% of the vote.

• Locked thread