Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tried to update on Live and Test just now, haven't played in god knows how long and got this error:

Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001) - http://manifest.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/manifest/eq/eq-en/live/eq-en-tcg.sha.soe

Repeated about 10 times in an error window.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

The launcher has been barely working for me all day so it's probably just something on their end, there was a Live patch earlier today so probably related.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
If you've already patched, you can bypass the launcher by making a shortcut to eqgame.exe (NOT Everquest.exe) and adding "patchme" no quotes to the end of the Target field (right click > properties).

Obviously will not work if you're not patched to current.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Random hilarious drama: the new mass invite Knight Owl Haven guild is called Infinty of Light (because another server already had Infinity) full of the absolute dumbest people on the server (with the exception of one goon).

While I was PLing the one goon who's actually in it I'd self admittedly act like a real rear end in a top hat for no real reason, instead of realizing they were loving with someone with half a dozen SKs they doubled down on it by making pleas in guildchat/general chat for people to come "teach me a lesson". Queue their guild leader and officers coming to my zone and doing the absolute weirdest, most nonsensical poo poo I've ever seen including:

-Guild leader (monk) getting a bunch of trash mobs and running them on top of my already FD'd (in a corner) SK's. These mobs didn't have AEs or anything, he just kept doing that for a loving hour. It was baffling. He'd stand there perplexed at why they weren't attacking me. I don't even know.

-Senior officers who would pull giant fuckoff trains with summonable mobs in them that all I had to do was put into summon mode and they'd instantly die having no clue what even went wrong, they repeated this for hours.

To top it off they just kicked a guy out of their guild because they thought he was me :laffo:. I sorta feel bad for it but jesus he's probably better off.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Midnight City posted:

Random hilarious drama: the new mass invite Knight Owl Haven guild is called Infinty of Light (because another server already had Infinity) full of the absolute dumbest people on the server (with the exception of one goon).

While I was PLing the one goon who's actually in it I'd self admittedly act like a real rear end in a top hat for no real reason, instead of realizing they were loving with someone with half a dozen SKs they doubled down on it by making pleas in guildchat/general chat for people to come "teach me a lesson". Queue their guild leader and officers coming to my zone and doing the absolute weirdest, most nonsensical poo poo I've ever seen including:

-Guild leader (monk) getting a bunch of trash mobs and running them on top of my already FD'd (in a corner) SK's. These mobs didn't have AEs or anything, he just kept doing that for a loving hour. It was baffling. He'd stand there perplexed at why they weren't attacking me. I don't even know.

-Senior officers who would pull giant fuckoff trains with summonable mobs in them that all I had to do was put into summon mode and they'd instantly die having no clue what even went wrong, they repeated this for hours.

To top it off they just kicked a guy out of their guild because they thought he was me :laffo:. I sorta feel bad for it but jesus he's probably better off.

Keep doing what you're doing.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
drat that's hilarious.

That guild is weird. Popped up out of nowhere and a lot of them have TDS so I don't know maybe they will be the Kings of Test Server pretty soon!

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

I've never seen a single member that wasn't a raid copy and they all lose their poo poo the moment I troll them about it. Like half the goons I've PL'd are raid copies, I don't even have an opinion about it but I can't resist that low hanging fruit.

In related news one of the two guys who sells raid copies got his account locked and he was flipping his poo poo about it. Maybe they're finally cracking down on it? It's got to be eating into heroic character profits when you can spend 1/3 the price for nearly everything handed to you.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
The First Creation is dead, the final shawl is now mine, and the 2 month timer to the vote for House of Thule is now begun on Fippy. Amusingly it took me turning in the head to get the barrier message and begin the unlock timer. The word is everyone is going to upvote the unlock for House of Thule because they hate Underfoot and can't beat anything in Tier 8.

Along the way a couple of dudes decided either they'd had enough or were just going to coast on fights that sorta needed everyone, so we have some odd openings if anyone is interested.

We picked up two Shaman that apparently immediately quit, and our one reliable shaman quit once the First Creation died (we knew he was going to, hell I thought about doing the same) so we badly need a main shaman if you still want to play one Passenger/Jerusalem.

We could also use an actual main enchanter and like any ranged dps (including necro) since our strategy on Event 3 kinda relies on them.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Hoohah posted:

The First Creation is dead, the final shawl is now mine, and the 2 month timer to the vote for House of Thule is now begun on Fippy. Amusingly it took me turning in the head to get the barrier message and begin the unlock timer. The word is everyone is going to upvote the unlock for House of Thule because they hate Underfoot and can't beat anything in Tier 8.

Along the way a couple of dudes decided either they'd had enough or were just going to coast on fights that sorta needed everyone, so we have some odd openings if anyone is interested.

We picked up two Shaman that apparently immediately quit, and our one reliable shaman quit once the First Creation died (we knew he was going to, hell I thought about doing the same) so we badly need a main shaman if you still want to play one Passenger/Jerusalem.

We could also use an actual main enchanter and like any ranged dps (including necro) since our strategy on Event 3 kinda relies on them.

So that's like another year or so until Fippy catches up to live, assuming three months per expansion?

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Depends on how fast we go through content. As I recall, both House of Thule and Veil of Alaris have artificial blocks on how fast you can progress (keys for HoT, language skillups for VoA?) which is what partially delayed us on UF. That and UF is really god drat hard in-era.

I'd be surprised if we catch up to TDS before the next expac goes live, just because of how long it'll take to do some of this stuff and getting people through the emote fiesta that is VoA.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I'd be willing to play a berserker or necro maybe.

My guild has been trying to raid with like 25 people 3 days a week. I keep telling them let's take a hiatus or cut to 1 day a week, but they never go for it. They want to drag it out. It's loving stupid. We should end on a high note instead of fading away, leaving a sour taste.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Hoohah posted:

Depends on how fast we go through content. As I recall, both House of Thule and Veil of Alaris have artificial blocks on how fast you can progress (keys for HoT, language skillups for VoA?) which is what partially delayed us on UF. That and UF is really god drat hard in-era.

HoT is dropped keys, so you can split raid/one-group some raids to key up faster. Upper House was one-groupable in-era.

VoA is book clicks, can do 54 per an instance, so split raiding doesn't help. About 3 cycles of a tier will key for the next. Backflagging with higher tier raids gives book exp faster, so that's actually easy.

For language, everyone is going to need to do group progression through T1 and T2 to buy AAs. With the T1 requirement being completable in either Argath or Valley. By the time you hit Sepulcher, everyone will need 90 language for emotes to not be scrambled. The raid requester for Sep will need to do a stupidly long quest in those zones.

Good luck with Pillars.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

darkhand posted:

I'd be willing to play a berserker or necro maybe.

My guild has been trying to raid with like 25 people 3 days a week. I keep telling them let's take a hiatus or cut to 1 day a week, but they never go for it. They want to drag it out. It's loving stupid. We should end on a high note instead of fading away, leaving a sour taste.

I was really hoping we could go out with a bang by partying in NToV and finally killing Vulak :saddowns: Just seemed fitting to end with that

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Y'all go ahead and come play on fippy, I'm making some characters there!

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Downloading EQ now and going to play the shaman on fippy

Deleted all my Test toons because scorched earth motherfuckers

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 6, 2014

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

Y'all go ahead and come play on fippy, I'm making some characters there!

You may as well play on Trakanon.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Darkhand do you know for sure what classes you're going to be making? If it's necro/zerker I'd probably stick with my shaman since it'd be pretty sweet but kinda wanting to play a chanter or rogue more.

Also anybody know if you can use krono stacking to get vet rewards like you used to be able to do prepaid game cards before they changed it?

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Dec 7, 2014

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Midnight City posted:

Also anybody know if you can use krono stacking to get vet rewards like you used to be able to do prepaid game cards before they changed it?
Days paid doesn't grant you vet rewards.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I made a female berserker, who worshippes rallos zek (god of war), of the 4th season. With a male human bard who worships mithanial marr, god of valor and incest, of the 3rd season.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

I transferred the shaman off to a safe account and got a year sub for him, so hopefully we can get you seasoned and up to grouping with us soon

laceratedsky
Aug 29, 2007

I made an Enchanter on Fippy for the hell of it. I'm not going to promise I'll play a ton, but getting in on the ground floor for a mini-goonrush sounds fine with me.

IGN: Deafheaven

Think I made it to level 7 or so.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I dusted off my freebie-heroics-chars last night and gave 3boxing a try, running Pally Zerker Bard with a bunch of mercs

The Zerker does an absolute shitload of damage when disced and I can't actually hold mobs off of him when he's going full burn, which I imagine is something that will go away with spells later but it's pretty awesome right now to see a 4 foot tall dwarf go apeshit on some rot dogs with the worlds most retarded looking axe

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a 3box zone that isn't HoT? It's really high traffic and I'd rather learn how to box without an audience (and my wiz mercs outdamage all the pugs I've had, wouldn't be surprised if my paladin could outdo them too)

I don't know poo poo about expansions past SoF really but it's pretty neat that group gear is an actual progression path now so I might stick with this mmo for awhile, is there any goon presence on Luclin these days?

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

If you can do lower house then you can also do Grounds which is much better XP being a hot zone, but to answer your question about zones with less traffic I'd suggest Kaesora library, now that (most) SKs can't swarm or rangers headshotting it's always empty and it also has 3-4 AC augs you could probably use.

Apparently Citizen and DB couldn't agree to merge and instead they're quitting and going to Test. Look out The Faceless Order you now have more competition for PoP mobs!

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 8, 2014

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I checked out Kaesora Library earlier, snagged 3 of the same lore AC augs from trash mobs, I like this spot quite a bit more than HoT, thanks!

I do get the occasional 3-4 pull but apparently pally root is amazing, and failing that bard mez is also a lot better than I remembered. This is actually quite a lot of fun.

I figure after my bags are full of vendor crap I'll leave here and try out the grounds, I don't have an ac aug in my shield yet however, so I'm a bit wary to try anything actually challenging right yet.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

You can go deeper into the lower house, there's rooms with bone golems and such. Almost no one goes down there so you'll be by yourself. If you can kill stuff in there pretty easy, then grounds is just a small jump in difficulty, but the XP boost is massive.

There's also a bunch of quest items you can pre-loot and turn into the potion guy lower house entrance. Not sure how much the XP's been nerfed but it's something.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

There's a named in Grounds (Biunahde) that drops Treant Refuse, 32ac 6 HSta 50hp that can be put in your shield.

He's easy like almost every HoT named, one character discing will kill him in 10-15s

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

Midnight City posted:

There's a named in Grounds (Biunahde) that drops Treant Refuse, 32ac 6 HSta 50hp that can be put in your shield.

He's easy like almost every HoT named, one character discing will kill him in 10-15s

If he made heroic characters he should just do the lower house and feerot quest lines to get those Augs for his characters. You'll get a 30ac aug with hp for every slot, often having heroic dex, and your shield aug will be 35ac. gently caress camping. The non tank Augs are good too but I couldn't be bothered to finish the loot items tasks with multiple characters.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Midnight City posted:

Apparently Citizen and DB couldn't agree to merge and instead they're quitting and going to Test. Look out The Faceless Order you now have more competition for PoP mobs!

They're going to be as sad as TFO is, then, because I keep all of velious through PoP dead just for something to do that annoys people while I'm playing P99 :shobon:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

r0rb posted:

If he made heroic characters he should just do the lower house and feerot quest lines to get those Augs for his characters. You'll get a 30ac aug with hp for every slot, often having heroic dex, and your shield aug will be 35ac. gently caress camping. The non tank Augs are good too but I couldn't be bothered to finish the loot items tasks with multiple characters.

I totally forgot about Feerott quests, I did quests for two wrist augs just inside HoT already but I should bum around lizard country for a bit too, thanks! If my tank was less squishy things would pretty much fall into place.

Feerott next, just for tank augs and that merc upgrade task (I only plan on gold-subbing the tank for now anyway) and then onto either Grounds or that lower part of HoT with the bone golems, though it sounds like grounds is a much better choice.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Do the HoT Progression line. Seriously.
You don't need it to actually get into the zones anymore, but it's a FANTASTIC line of quests as far as just being stupidly fun. You'll get tons of XP without feeling like you're grinding, plus learn to play the classes a hell of a lot better than just sitting in grounds (a few of the quests are no joke).

HoT is up there with DoDH imo as far as how much fun working the progression line is. Everything after HoT is either abysmal progression or well-designed progression that is sometimes hard as gently caress/nearly impossible to box some missions (RoF), so HoT's your chance to really enjoy EQ at its best

Sphear
Jan 13, 2011

Recently learned that EQ is doing the free to play thing, so for old timesake I downloaded it and started her up. Looks like the OP hasn't been updated in a bit. Is there still any SA presence around? It'd be nice to delve into nostalgia with like-minded nerds.

Sphear fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 11, 2014

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

3box heroic characters trip report!

I changed the Berserker out for a Mage (boxing a melee was starting to get frustrating, coth is great) and I started doing HoT progression. I got almost a full set of augs by doing everything up to and including Welcome to my Nightmare, which made me feel like an incredible badass doing those 3pull rooms while boxing my own CC.

Thank you guys for the advice to start doing these tasks, this is way more fun than slowly grinding my way through wasps and rotdogs and poo poo.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Yeah I have fond memories of doing HoT also! I completed it all on Test a few years ago, and resumed back on Live half a year ago or so, and this time around I was doing all the Hunter achievements also (kill all named in each zone). I plan on playing Live EQ again in Spring 2015, and I'll resume where I left off; I believe I was about to start on Al'Kabor's Nightmare.

HoT just has an overall nice atmosphere.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I unlocked all the hot zones with my box crew. Doing miragul's nightmare and erudin burning without ivu was insane. I also used a lot of fellowship campfire z-level trickery in the library.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

darkhand posted:

I unlocked all the hot zones with my box crew. Doing miragul's nightmare and erudin burning without ivu was insane. I also used a lot of fellowship campfire z-level trickery in the library.

Hahah I remember coming to EB with you and a really weird/awful goon enchanter who kept doing stupid poo poo and dying over and over until he got mad and logged out. Them wuz the days :allears:

@Sphear there is a goon presence in the chat channel we made, but no real goon guild anymore. There's a few goons on Xegony, a few on Test, a few on other servers, but really no organized presence like we used to have on Luclin. I'm hoping a bunch of goons want to come play on the Al'Kabor server next month when it launches

Sphear
Jan 13, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

@Sphear there is a goon presence in the chat channel we made, but no real goon guild anymore. There's a few goons on Xegony, a few on Test, a few on other servers, but really no organized presence like we used to have on Luclin. I'm hoping a bunch of goons want to come play on the Al'Kabor server next month when it launches

I'll keep an eye out. I've been messing around on Tox which as a lot of people starting out, but there doesn't seem to be many wanting to group and whatnot, and EQ just doesn't feel right playing solo constantly.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Honestly right now is kinda bad for eq, so the numbers are low, atleast from what I see. We got out of a bad expansion into a worse expansion. So that disappointed a lot of people, and now we have holidays.

But we have double faction event so go get CoA bps if your characters benefit from it.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Is the SA channel still serverwide.gchat:fygm? I tried joining it but nobody was in it for 8-10 hours when I started playing my necro again

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ya that's it, you just don't really see anyone a lot of the time because pretty much all the goons that play regularly are raiders and don't really log in except for raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

Is the SA channel still serverwide.gchat:fygm? I tried joining it but nobody was in it for 8-10 hours when I started playing my necro again

Say hi in it, we might respond.