Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Flagrama posted:

Well that doesn't sound exploitable at all or anything.

Yeah just go right ahead and use your memory editor / arbitrary code execution - oh wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Awesome! posted:

is this the kind of discourse that normally populates the wii u general discussion thread?

i just want to talk about games. i dont think i can handle all this :wth:
Most pages in this thread are filled with great posts; since you have posted on page 256 (the "problem page"), I will assume you are the problem.

I've come to realize just how much patience I have with video games, though I definitely had some brief :smugjones: moments when dealing with the longer coin challenges. I think Yumi's Odd Odyssey has thrown more infuriating baloney at me in just trying to beat it than Captain Toad ever did, though.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

There is certainly a lot of uncute discussion about a cute game by a lot of uncute gamers. This will not stand in the Wii U thread.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mummies are more spooky than cute, I think.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I see some of you finished Toad. Does that include doing all 50 levels on the final level or just getting the 5000 coins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL0OZfc3wPY

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ultigonio posted:

Most pages in this thread are filled with great posts; since you have posted on page 256 (the "problem page"), I will assume you are the problem.

my god...

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Page 256, the Kill Page.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I see some of you finished Toad. Does that include doing all 50 levels on the final level or just getting the 5000 coins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL0OZfc3wPY

You have to do all 50 levels, as I discovered earlier to my dismay.

I've made it to 40 now.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

zolthorg posted:

Yeah just go right ahead and use your memory editor / arbitrary code execution - oh wait.

Okay sure, by the time it actually becomes an issue people will be long done with playing the game anyway, but just depending on that to keep people from cheating doesn't seem like the best decision for a game.

Although as far as I'm aware Nintendo does actually deal with cheaters so I guess in the end nobody is going to care since the visible part of the problem gets dealt with anyway.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The Toad Brigade levels are stressful :negative:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Man I still can't beat Champion's Road. I get stuck on the ant part.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

The Toad Brigade levels are stressful :negative:

If you can, do your coin collecting/deal with hazards before getting the gang together. The bullet bill one is the hardest because there's not much you can do to make it safer.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Aperture Priority posted:

There is certainly a lot of uncute discussion about a cute game by a lot of uncute gamers. This will not stand in the Wii U thread.

I was gonna wait on getting Captain Toad for a bit but for some reason my wii u is opening the eshop on its own? And moving to the Captain Toad page? The stylus is hovering over "purchase" now, I'm not really sure what's going on but I'll keep y'all updated

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Looper posted:

I was gonna wait on getting Captain Toad for a bit but for some reason my wii u is opening the eshop on its own? And moving to the Captain Toad page? The stylus is hovering over "purchase" now, I'm not really sure what's going on but I'll keep y'all updated

im experiencing a similar bug

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

I'm sorry your console is haunted by gaming ghosts. The only way to exorcise them is to buy + play lots of video games. Good luck and happy holidays, gamer.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Looper posted:

Your Wii U is just looking out for you!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Y'all care so much about the dude not liking Toad that's crazy

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

noirstronaut posted:

yes, that is exactly what happened there

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

If you can, do your coin collecting/deal with hazards before getting the gang together. The bullet bill one is the hardest because there's not much you can do to make it safer.

Man you aren't kidding. I'm basically Metal Gear Soliding around my own pals so I won't collect them before doing all the coin poo poo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

noirstronaut posted:

the only thing crazier is how incredibly and consistently bad your posts are

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

absolutely anything posted:

the only thing crazier is how incredibly and consistently bad your posts are

cry about it some more so this page can be like the last page part 2

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 9, 2014

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

RyokoTK posted:

You are a dumbshit in every thread you post in, consider not posting ever again thanks.

do you follow me in every thread or are you just mad about my posts in this one, gamer ryokotk?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 9, 2014

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

PSA: don't buy watch dog (aka any ubisoft game that not Rayman)

Pure garbage.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Also sunshine owns and is far better than 64 in every way

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Pure garbage.

A little late for that everyone knows.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Holy balls can you guys please not have a personal discussion about each other's posting in the thread? You all have platinum, so if you feel the need to sling poo poo at each other, do so privately. Thanks in advance.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Pure garbage.
Oh god man, please don't tell me you bought the Wii U version or something.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

RyokoTK posted:

I guess I can't speak for all of your posts but I have seen you post stupid poo poo in the Smash thread and in the 3DS thread. So it's kinda to the point that whenever I see someone post stupid poo poo about Nintendo games I think "man is this a dumb noirstronaut post" and then I look at the username and I'm pretty much always right! So refer to my previous post.

This is pretty much a lie, champ. You only reply to me here for whatever reason. Either way, you don't get to decide if people get to voice their gripes in any general gaming thread. If you want to PM me, you can totally do that or you can try harder.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Looper posted:

I experienced a similar glitch about an hour ago when I went to Target. I was picking up food and some other stuff and Captain Toad just ended up in my cart somehow. I couldn't get it out of my cart until I was at the register and my credit card seemed to run itself through the swiper after it had been rung up. :sigh:

Captain Toad is real cute though, as it turns out.

e:

Ultigonio posted:

Holy balls can you guys please not have a personal discussion about each other's posting in the thread? You all have platinum, so if you feel the need to sling poo poo at each other, do so privately. Thanks in advance.

Okay I edited out my posts for you. :shobon:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

You all know what Captain Toad would say to all of your bitching and moaning, right?

Hrough-hoo! Aabababa

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

enojy posted:

You all know what Captain Toad would say to all of your bitching and moaning, right?

Hrough-hoo! Aabababa

Time for adventure!

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Trying to do some of the harder challenges in Smash, I sympathize with everyone being frustrated with Nintendo games. The same goes for three-starring every track in Mario Kart 8. And A-ranking the hard Adventure Mode maps in Hyrule Warriors. And Champion's Road / Mystery House Marathon in Super Mario 3D World.

And I haven't even played Tropical Freeze or Captain Toad yet.

Were Nintendo games always this hard?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Update

I'm still not entirely sure what's happening

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

CatsPajamas posted:

Trying to do some of the harder challenges in Smash, I sympathize with everyone being frustrated with Nintendo games. The same goes for three-starring every track in Mario Kart 8. And A-ranking the hard Adventure Mode maps in Hyrule Warriors. And Champion's Road / Mystery House Marathon in Super Mario 3D World.

Yes. Nintendo games have always been deceptively hard.

Although, I think out of any of those games, the two new Donkey Kong Country games are the only one where I'm like "okay I expected this game to get hard as poo poo", and the difficulty ramps up pretty quick so you get used to it quicker. Mario games though will give you a nice fun generally smooth ride with a few challenges along the way, and then suddenly out of nowhere punch you in the balls with the hardest difficulty until you're crying on the floor in a fetal position

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

CatsPajamas posted:

I wish I could trade my Mario kart skills for Smash. I can three-star every cup easily, mostly in part of the newer games having even more lax requirements for a triple star rank.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

enojy posted:

Hrough-hoo! Aabababa
I figure he'd just egg everyone on. Fight time!!

CatsPajamas posted:

I'd say they were likely at their easiest last generation, but it depends on the kind of difficulty you look for. A while ago, more of the challenges were a part of the core experience - nowadays, many Nintendo games are simply built with a high skill ceiling, where a few levels will take full advantage of it by design (Champion's Road, etc.) and the others take advantage of it through ranking systems. Getting platinum metals on Pikmin 3's challenge maps is still one of the most enjoyably challenging things I've encountered in a Nintendo game, and I was actually quite shocked at the fairly high difficulty level in Nintendo Land (some of the extra stages are absolutely absurd).

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

CatsPajamas posted:

Nintendo games have always been hard like that, yeah. I mean, think about Super Mario World. Most of the game was super easy but the last world had some pretty tough moments and of course the Special World had a couple of very tough challenges.

e:

Ultigonio posted:

I'd say they were likely at their easiest last generation

If "last generation" means the Wii then don't forget that is the generation that had stuff like DKC Returns and The Perfect Run in Mario Galaxy 2.

Although it also had stuff like Skyward Sword and Prime 3, which were definitely on the easy side of their franchises, so maybe.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 9, 2014

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ultigonio posted:

I figure he'd just egg everyone on. Fight time!!

Is that what he says? I heard "I'm fine!" the first time, and can't un-hear it (but that's OK because it's hilarious.) In the same fashion, I can't help but think Toadette says "Hey! Go gay!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Narcissus1916 posted:

I spent a solid fifteen minutes trying to consistently figure out how to land on two rotating pirate ships in Mario sunshine, that are poorly coded. Half the time I slide down, half the time I fall through them, the other half I magically hang on.

Uhmm?

• Locked thread