Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Sup jerks. I've started playing again, and my old goon guild is dead. Is there an active guild with a spot open? Currently sitting in 1st on the psylocke event, so I can bring some points to the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mexpak
Nov 9, 2006
Hey guys, also wondering if there's any spots available in an alliance. My bud who got me into this stupid game and myself. We're both in the 3* transition and put up good pointage. Our lil created alliance is more or less pointless. We'd be applying as mexpak and grandpasc.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
I can open up a couple spots for you... but it's a super casual alliance... only like 10-11 of our 20 members play every daily... let me know if you're interested.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Works for me. ign is overseer07

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Wow I got 3 3-stars from my season 10-pack, and I actually needed two of them! Usually I only get one, and once 0.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
I've set the alliance to private and created two spots. Alliance name is Bounce House. I'm on Android, but I don't know if that makes a difference.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

bouncyman posted:

I've set the alliance to private and created two spots. Alliance name is Bounce House. I'm on Android, but I don't know if that makes a difference.

Sent a request.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
Got you guys in. Let me know if anyone else needs a spot and I'll boot some of more of the randoms we have.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Jeez, Mystique can be a 1-man wrecking ball when she gets going. I just lost to a level 78 (albeit cover-capped) version of her with a 166 BP/GSBW and a lovely Blade. I wonder if there's a duo/trio that would benefit from her craziness, because it seems like she needs to use all 3 of her powers to really shine, which sucks a lot of air out of the room.

Mystique/Hood maybe? That seems like it would be misery to deal with.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
She's at the top of a list of people I hate fighting, which includes Doom, Ares, and Juggernaut.

Edit: and anyone who has an ability that stops the entire game when some stupid passive goes off, like Daken and Bullseye.

Edit2: Basically gently caress everyone.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Mystique is benefitting off of the goons feeding her. In a normal match she'd probably die before doing anything if you focus her

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Mystique is benefitting off of the goons feeding her. In a normal match she'd probably die before doing anything if you focus her

Yeah, this is the big problem. When goons feed her 3 black every turn, she gets to Master Plan all the time, and that's the big hitter.

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.
Just finished making my second 166 and I'm not sure where to use ISO next. Any suggestions?
Roster: http://imgur.com/a/YeaDw

I'd think someone with purple, but the only universally decent one with enough covers to use is GSBW, and her level doesn't make her purple any better, so I dunno.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

Goldom posted:

Just finished making my second 166 and I'm not sure where to use ISO next. Any suggestions?

I'd think someone with purple, but the only universally decent one with enough covers to use is GSBW, and her level doesn't make her purple any better, so I dunno.

What about Falcon? Falcon and Black Panther + a tank could be fun. I had a fair amount of success with Hulk, Black Panther, and Falcon.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You have decent covers for Psylocke and she fills a decent niche with two cheap nukes with lasting effect.

Honestly though I'd save your ISO till you get Daken, Patch, Magneto, Hood, or Xforce into decent covers. RIght now you have a good team to go with the forced 3rd in pvp. You don't have to blow your ISO because its there.

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 4, 2014

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

bouncyman posted:

Can I get a spot? Just came back to the game but playing daily now. Mikesa game name.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Goldom posted:

I've never seen a cover-capped bag man. :stare:

I'm not sure what I'd do with that roster, but I'd probably either start working on the one I could max (Psylocke), or start inching X-Force on his Bataan march to 270.

It's too bad about your IM40. :( If you could get rid of two or three of those yellow covers, he makes a fun partner for anybody with a decent red. (e.g. LazyCap)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Against my better judgment I have started playing this game again, from a phone this time instead of steam. How do I see what my terrible name is so I can try and get into an alliance?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

AnonSpore posted:

Against my better judgment I have started playing this game again, from a phone this time instead of steam. How do I see what my terrible name is so I can try and get into an alliance?

Join a pve or pvp tournament and then check the leaderboard?

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

Thanks for the suggestions.

Managed to get to the 40k Blade surprisingly, given that I started with the last sub and don't have 4* Thor. Seems I'll get top 150 too, though that just means paying another 700hp for a slot more than anything =\

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Join a pve or pvp tournament and then check the leaderboard?

Ah, cool. My ID is "SA.bre", would appreciate any invites though I'm still working my way up to getting a decent 2 star team up and running.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Can I get a spot? Just came back to the game but playing daily now. Mikesa game name.

AnonSpore posted:

Ah, cool. My ID is "SA.bre", would appreciate any invites though I'm still working my way up to getting a decent 2 star team up and running.

Opened two spots in Bounce House. Join up!

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

bouncyman posted:

Thanks.

Managed top 10 in this event, was a hard fight staving two of the challengers, but did it. Is gamora any good? Still just getting back in and building my 2* and 3* back up since it lost my previous data.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Thanks.

Managed top 10 in this event, was a hard fight staving two of the challengers, but did it. Is gamora any good? Still just getting back in and building my 2* and 3* back up since it lost my previous data.

She looks pretty decent to me. Her red is straight damage; it's not very high damage as far as those powers go, but it's cheap so you'll get to use it a few times in most fights. Her green does area damage- again, not very high (though the fact that it hits everyone makes it respectable) and stuns 2 opponents, which means you only have to worry about 1 (or none, if you've eliminated at least 1). Her black creates strike tiles, potentially a lot if there are a lot of her tiles out (meaning you need to make sure no one else has higher match damage than her in her colors if you want to make much use out of it). Seems respectable enough to me.

mexpak
Nov 9, 2006

bouncyman posted:

I'll be applying as mexpak, my buddy as grandpasc!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

They need an "It's not easy being green" PvP event where you have to use Hulk, She-Hulk, and Gamora.

Today's resupply was Nick Fury for me. Probably the only cover I will get for a long time. Although I had good luck with standard tokens recently, got three gold ones, Yellow Sentry, Blue Iron Man, and something else I can't remember. I've taken to calling Heroic tokens Disappointment Tokens and the Standard ones Consolation Tokens. I'm sure I get more golds out of standard ones rather than Heroic ones, they just give me OBW and Cap.

Also the animation on Gamora's stun attack is hilarious.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I was in an insane token drought for almost a month. Couldn't pull a gold one if my life depended on it. Last week I managed to pull Hulk Black off a standard token, and then my Season 8 10 pack netted me 5 golds all of which I could use. I'm in that transition phase from 2** to 3** so I'm starting to get some 3 star guys with 8 or 9 covers finally.

It's gone back to crap lately though, really tried to pull a 4Thor and came up empty every time.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

bouncyman posted:

Thanks, I gave it a go but it says it's pending. Is there anything more I need to do?

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
Nope you should be in now (didn't get the notification for some reason, had to manually check)! Just opened up a couple more spots.
Mexpak I don't see you or your buddys request... can you request again please?
Do me a favor and put your in game name in this doc so I can make sure to add you and keep you in the alliance
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u2yljaJO9K6uvxde_2j108Jskp7JrXcrwBGAr8CkMJw/edit

bouncyman fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 6, 2014

mexpak
Nov 9, 2006
Also finally just applied to bounce house as mexpak, as did my buddy grandpasc

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

bouncyman I told my friend Glacior1 to toss an invite request at your alliance. If you could spare the slot I'd appreciate it.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
Got all of ya including Glacior1

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Is it still better to game the brackets by joining events at odd times and such, or can you pretty much just do it whenever and still have a decent shot?

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

Unless you just want to play more to earn ISO, join in the last few hours. Really no reason not to, in terms of winning placement awards.

Meanwhile... the current PvE is scaling really weird for me. The first sub was normal levels, but since then everything is trivial - the highest levels I've seen are 40s, while I have a couple 166s. I'm 14th in the overall bracket right now and have made at least top 50 in each sub because it's so ridiculously easy.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
The event rewards for the multi dailes seem to not matter. Just join whenever for the extra gold coins stuff, but the PvP stuff, just don't join in the last hour, then it's a race to the top. I found the best in the last two events is to join like 6-12 hours in, then rush the last few hours to build your score into top 50.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Got a few try hards in my group already over 50k so just gonna get my Gamora bank and hope for the top 10, how are you all making out so far?

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I was actually doing a lot better before they slashed the levels on the opponents. I was top two/ten for the main bracket and each hard area, I think because people are afraid of high-level opponents. Now it's just grind city and I can't keep up. Top fifty in the main now. I mean, I don't really give a poo poo about Gamora or Captain Marvel but I like placing high to get HP and tokens.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
God drat it, I was at 3988 points in Season 8 and just giving my team a rest because it said I had 3 hours left, when the season ended. I haven't been able to get near a 10-pack since like season 3.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spoiler: That 10 pack is full of OBWs and Caps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I got stupid lucky with my 10 pack. 5 golds and all usable. Pulled a Fury off a heroic earlier, and a Mystique off a standard token.