Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
On top of rogan being much more experienced, rogan is also in much much better shape than cm punk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I want him on the Rogan podcast

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Detroit_Dogg posted:

This so hard. Rogan podcast is great.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Stokes posted:

I'm not going to pretend to know exactly how Punk is going about training, or exactly how prepared he is/is going to be, but I'd like to think that Dana and Lorenzo have learned from the James Toney situation. I'm sure part of the reason they signed him was to keep him away from Bellator/WSOF, but if he is as criminally unprepared to fight a scrub as a lot of people in this thread and others say he is, I would think Dana and Co. would let him go embarrass himself in another fight organization. Of course maybe I'm wrong and they haven't learned, but like i said:

The UFC wanted Tony to lose. They wanted to show how much more skilled a MMA fighter is than boxing.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

The UFC is in the entertainment business, CM Punk isn't signed because they think he is going to be champ one day, they signed him purely to draw in more viewers.

e:not saying that is good or bad.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
CM Punk is going to be bad, the question is can he be less bad than other really bad fighters. Tune in live to UFC 186 to find out as he takes on a guy who works at a Payless shoe store

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I didn't see this talked about or confirmed, but was the Punk signing what Dana was going to announce a few weeks ago when he had that press conference that ended up being "jk we're not announcing poo poo"?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

flashy_mcflash posted:

I didn't see this talked about or confirmed, but was the Punk signing what Dana was going to announce a few weeks ago when he had that press conference that ended up being "jk we're not announcing poo poo"?

Either that or the reebok deal

cams
Mar 28, 2003

for real, people talking about joe rogan beating cm punk in a fight is the highest point of this thread

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

cams posted:

for real, people talking about joe rogan beating cm punk in a fight is the highest point of this thread

He probably would. Joe Rogan is also juiced to the loving gills.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
If the fight took place right now id pick joey diaz over punk. In six months time im sure he'll be able to defeat a vast number of comedians and entertainers

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

cams posted:

It's completely true tho, even if you throw out the part where he's on more drugs than Mark Coleman in PRIDE he's still infinitely more experienced than a man whose resume is nonexistent.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

it makes perfect sense; rogan kicks way harder than ryback.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

fatherdog posted:

His first fight is almost certainly going to be on the televised prelims on a show in Chicago.

I'm going to disagree here. Punk against a can as part of a PPV card would draw buys alone. I think it's almost a certainty they put him on PPV considering some of the curtain jerkers that have been on PPV the past year.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

cams posted:

This post is the highest point of this thread. LMAO.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

K8.0 posted:

This post is the highest point of this thread. LMAO.

He wrestled Profesionally

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Joe Rogan is on so much TRT/HGH he looks like a human gorilla.

Punk should go on the podcast though. (As long as Joe won't make the entire thing about being straightedge, which he probably would.)

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
As he should while him and Joey Diaz laugh for days

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I can hear the laughter now as Punk answers "why are you straight edge?" with "My father was an abusive drunk."

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
https://twitter.com/Ruthless_RL/status/542135152303144960

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Skinty McEdger posted:

I can hear the laughter now as Punk answers "why are you straight edge?" with "My father was an abusive drunk."

In the immortal words of the hall of fame band black flag, "rise above"

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Also related "TV PARTY TONIGHT, TV PARTY TONIGHT"

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

https://twitter.com/dc_mma/status/542145947367530496

quote:

@CMPunk we've done it before with @herschelwalker (2-0), @akahq is your home. No recruiting pitch needed. I will see u soon. DC

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Rogan has a surprising disdain for pro wrestling.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Hahaha all of ATT are currently tweeting at punk to train with them. This is amazing.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I'm waiting for the invitation to train at Hammer House

Which is just Mark Coleman bellowing to the four winds on his porch.

Also, since he's got a black belt, how about Punk vs Al Bundy?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

And now Cormier is tweeting Cult Of Personality lyric youtube videos at Punk to sway him over.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

In the immortal words of the hall of fame band black flag, "rise above"
Now I want to see Punk on Henry Rollin's podcast/show

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

achillesforever6 posted:

Now I want to see Punk on Henry Rollin's podcast/show

His show on IFC? I thought it got cancelled.

Comedy Option: Punk trains in Roy Nelson's basement and turns into Caine from Kung Fu.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Forceholy posted:

His show on IFC? I thought it got cancelled.

Comedy Option: Punk trains in Roy Nelson's basement and turns into Caine from Kung Fu.

I don't think straight edge is down with auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Punk needs to train with Black House because Anderson might actually be able to pull off a GTS in a fight.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Punk needs to train with Black House because Anderson might actually be able to pull off a GTS in a fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a "Go to sleep" is a back breaker combined with an upwards kneestrike right??

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

it's a fireman's carry into a knee strike

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

Gaz2k21 posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but a "Go to sleep" is a back breaker combined with an upwards kneestrike right??

It's this.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

it almost never looked that good when punk did it

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Why do people say, "I want to see the MMA purists get mad."

Do you guys think the people who post here are MMA purists?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

I'm waiting for the invitation to train at Hammer House

Which is just Mark Coleman bellowing to the four winds on his porch.

Also loving Christ this is the best thing I've read in a while.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

david carmichael posted:

On top of rogan being much more experienced, rogan is also in much much better shape than cm punk
joe rogan is more chemical than man at this point. courtesy of onnit dot com, and Gerald from the alley next to Gold's gym

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

it almost never looked that good when punk did it

"He didn't get all of it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

Why do people say, "I want to see the MMA purists get mad."

Do you guys think the people who post here are MMA purists?

mma posters here like to see mma "purists" get mad too so I'm not sure why you're assuming they're referring to goons

• Locked thread