Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

facebook jihad posted:

God Goku is a great user name.

mods, change my name to Godku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silento posted:

mods, change my name to Godku

What a waste of a wish

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

TheKingofSprings posted:

What a waste of a wish

Is it better or worse than the wish for underwear, though?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kuroyama posted:

Is it better or worse than the wish for underwear, though?

Depends. Is the underwear in question the most comfortable pair in the world?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Depends. Is the underwear in question the most comfortable pair in the world?

So, if I wish for the world's most comfortable pair of underwear, will the Dragon simply present me with a copy of the existing most comfortable pair of underwear on my planet, a pair of underwear that is some degree more comfortable than that, or a pair of underwear that is so perfect that it is and forever more shall be the most comfortable pair of underwear in the world?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

So, if I wish for the world's most comfortable pair of underwear, will the Dragon simply present me with a copy of the existing most comfortable pair of underwear on my planet, a pair of underwear that is some degree more comfortable than that, or a pair of underwear that is so perfect that it is and forever more shall be the most comfortable pair of underwear in the world?

Can Shenron create underwear so comfortable that not even Shenron could make underwear more comfortable than it?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Silento posted:

Can Shenron create underwear so comfortable that not even Shenron could make underwear more comfortable than it?

Then depends on the power of Piccolo/Kami's Clothes beam.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Silento posted:

These are all questions that Oolong could answer

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Has anyone played the new DBZ card game by Panini? If so, is it fun? Was thinking of buying 2 starter decks for me and my bro, and can't really find any info about it online.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Sadly, in this case Toriyama is dead wrong. Transformations are fun and throwing all the Super Saiyan stuff to the wayside is an over reaction.

And then Goku is going SSJ in the trailer :goku:

Caros
May 14, 2008

Alan_Shore posted:

Has anyone played the new DBZ card game by Panini? If so, is it fun? Was thinking of buying 2 starter decks for me and my bro, and can't really find any info about it online.

Its not new. The game is a reintroduction of the early 2000's dragonball card game.

Going from past experience... eh. It is typical of a 2000 era card game in that it really doesn't do a very good job mixing theme and mechanics in any meaningful way. I haven't played it in quite a number of years, but I never found it very impressive back when the game was popular, and I'd probably be even less impressed now.

If you've got the money to burn there is nothing wrong with picking up a set or two, since its possible you might like it, I just never did.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm more interested in what Lord Bills will be doing during this film. Perhaps watching the fight on top of his palm tree throne eating his much desired pudding, generously supplied by Capsule Corp.

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009
You people are nuts, Freeza owns and I hope he kills all the stupid main characters forever (he won't but I can dream).

Come onnnnnnnnnn

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

While they're resurrecting better characters can we get Cell Games Gohan back he was kickin rad

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Parrotine posted:

I'm more interested in what Lord Bills will be doing during this film. Perhaps watching the fight on top of his palm tree throne eating his much desired pudding, generously supplied by Capsule Corp.

Eventually he will get bored and then will shout:
Hey! Frieza! Wanna see something interesting? Punch the green haired woman!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Captain Quack posted:

Eventually he will get bored and then will shout:
Hey! Frieza! Wanna see something interesting? Punch the green haired woman!

...Green?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

It changes day-to-day.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RZApublican posted:

It changes day-to-day.

It's pretty much been Purple, Green or Blue. It was a bluish green for most of the series.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Velisarius posted:

You people are nuts, Freeza owns and I hope he kills all the stupid main characters forever (he won't but I can dream).

Come onnnnnnnnnn

I want Freeza to join Beerus so there's an explanation for why he isn't there in the future, but allow him to join in wacky antics such a Bingo! tournament.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
One thing i gotta hand to Dragonball, the characters changed hair styles and clothes fairly often Not something you see in anime these days where characters view school uniforms as the perfect everyday/everywhere outfit for adventure.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ElBrak posted:

One thing i gotta hand to Dragonball, the characters changed hair styles and clothes fairly often Not something you see in anime these days where characters view school uniforms as the perfect everyday/everywhere outfit for adventure.

Helps that none of the main characters ever actually seem to have attended school.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

carry on then posted:

While they're resurrecting better characters can we get Cell Games Gohan back he was kickin rad

Seriously. Nobody finished the job better outside of Trunks.

I'd rather see Cell be featured in this movie, even though it wouldn't make a lick of sense. Frieza has minions to resurrect him, Cell was pretty much a one man army who pulled himself up by his own bootstraps.

I always thought it was sweet that entire android fiasco was brought about from the army Goku wiped out as a kid, that was such a neat callback to the old school Dragonball series. Frieza didn't really seem all that interesting compared to the Androids, and they had loads more personality than goofy purple alien who's entire shtick was 'power'. Bo-ring!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

AlternateNu posted:

Helps that none of the main characters ever actually seem to have attended school.

Uh, thinking back on it, quite a few of the DB characters did attend school though. Krillin's monestary seemed to be some sort of education center as well, judging by how his classmates come across as high-school bullies, Bulma says she skipped class to get home early in the Red Ribbon arc, Gohan is first tutored at home and then attends school later. I can accept that Goku doesn't count, unless we count how Roshi taught him how to read by light novels or what it is. Yamcha was a desert bandit, so he probably didn't get any education, but both Oolong and Poar attended kindergarden for transformationists, so supposedly they graduated at some point too.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Yamcha went to school with Oolong and Bulma after the Pilaf thing was over.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This brings up the logical question, of course, of how literate Vegeta is. Did Freeza's empire have a good educational system?

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

RZApublican posted:

This brings up the logical question, of course, of how literate Vegeta is. Did Freeza's empire have a good educational system?

We know he can write "Dear Frieza."

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

RZApublican posted:

I feel like a Prince, even in a hyper-aggressive space warrior society, would have a basic education.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

TenaciousJ posted:

Well yes, he needs that for Freeza Day.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TenaciousJ posted:

Poor artistry, though.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Vegeta suddenly revealing that he cant read seems like a DBZA joke waiting to happen.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

RZApublican posted:

well he knows basic arithmetic, given that he used the scouters.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Monaghan posted:

well he knows basic arithmetic, given that he used the scouters.

He used scouters-on-tape

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvgriyH7Qr4

So Vegeta would be an angry version of this?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bobjr posted:

Well Vegeta's more like Shadow.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

bobjr posted:

gently caress I laughed.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Yeah Knuckles is basically Piccolo.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Stallion Cabana posted:

gently caress I laughed.

Apparently everything about Sonic Boom is good except the mediocre games.

After 20+ years, Sonic has finally transitioned into DBZ.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'm fairly certain Shadow was created entirely from Vegeta.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Mordaedil posted:

I'm fairly certain Shadow was created entirely from Vegeta.

Yeah. This was covered 3 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Shadow is Vegeta and Silver is just Future Trunks. I know there's always been a DBZ influence on sonic, what with Sonic being a Super Saiyan but they're not really even trying to hide it now. Just have the chaos emeralds summon a literal dragon, why not.

• Locked thread