Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

But legends Thundercracker is a straight repaint of the legends seeker mold TAIIIINT REEEEAAAAAPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

gently caress that's right they axed the little partner guys. You could have only get legends starscream to be held if you used waspinator.

Or a gun with a similar port of shape and size for him to peg into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

But legends Thundercracker is a straight repaint of the legends seeker mold TAIIIINT REEEEAAAAAPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER
He can combine with the Motormaster/Optimus mold anyway.

Maybe it was planned ALL ALONG!

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
He's not wrong. Works really well with the color scheme, too. Thundercracker's always been a Good Guy at heart.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

The Plat Bruticus set is sold out and going for a premium last I checked. I still have a boxed G2 set and was never really that impressed but god drat does that new set change things.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23003&mode=retail

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If Thundercracker really has a non-bullshit weapon mode I will gladly apologize to my pal the Taint Reaper. Meanwhile, somebody asked for a combiner wars with 4x clone limbs? Here's Ultra Prime with four times the heroic aerialbot, Dragstrip:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Blackheart posted:

If Thundercracker really has a non-bullshit weapon mode I will gladly apologize to my pal the Taint Reaper. Meanwhile, somebody asked for a combiner wars with 4x clone limbs? Here's Ultra Prime with four times the heroic aerialbot, Dragstrip:

Thundercracker has a bullshit hole from before that coincidentally can peg into a chest. Wanna go to Hong Kong, play with the unreleased toys, and drink ... juice boxes?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Stuff like this shouldn't be the reason I'm glad to have a new job. Not crazy about Menasor's head though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Stuff like this shouldn't be the reason I'm glad to have a new job. Not crazy about Menasor's head though.

My girlfriend was just promoted to a property management position which comes with a free on site apartment. We move in 3 months and I'll have somewhere from $350-425 each month not going towards rent and living costs.

TOYS TOYS TOYS TOYS.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Save it and early retire instead.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Um excuse me we don't act sensible here.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

An Angry Bug posted:

He's not wrong. Works really well with the color scheme, too. Thundercracker's always been a Good Guy at heart.

Apparently the ports are universal. So you can plug poo poo like Windcharger/Tailgate and the others in there. Like I think every legend guy can be a part of a larger bot. In the case of Optimus and menasor they can replicate Breastforce type stuff. Superion does his Targetmaster thing, so I guess they're all going to have some different form of legend figure combination.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 8, 2014

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I had a quick question about the IDW comics. I've been reading MTMTE, and I love it, but I'm now at the beginning of the Dark Cybertron event. If I want to understand what's going on, do I need to read RIB also? Is it worth putting MTMTE on the back burner, catching up on RIB, then proceeding, or should I read select RIB issues, or just go straight in?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I had a quick question about the IDW comics. I've been reading MTMTE, and I love it, but I'm now at the beginning of the Dark Cybertron event. If I want to understand what's going on, do I need to read RIB also? Is it worth putting MTMTE on the back burner, catching up on RIB, then proceeding, or should I read select RIB issues, or just go straight in?

You might be able to get away with just skipping that Dark Cybertron event, it sucked anyway.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Is it worth putting MTMTE on the back burner, catching up on RIB, then proceeding, or should I read select RIB issues, or just go straight in?
Try reading the first 2-3 issues of RID, if you like it, then yeah I'd suggest building up to read both. If you don't, then just skip Dark Cybertron entirely - MTMTE has a time skip anyway so it explains itself just fine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpikeMcclane posted:

Save it and early retire instead.

We both decided we get at least a few months of crazy fun money time. We want to start saving by August for an eventual house purchase (I want a basement) but currently we're in no rush to get past the option of living rent free.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Gee, AURON, I sure do love Beastformers!

... but seriously, thank's so much for your generous Secret Santa gifts! I'll enumerate them later, but Gen. Waspinator owns in particular, and the ARE ALL DEAD comic is great.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah forgot to mention, my Santee's gifts are underway as of sometime last week. I hope they don't suck too bad, guy.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

DoctorWhat posted:

Gee, AURON, I sure do love Beastformers!

... but seriously, thank's so much for your generous Secret Santa gifts! I'll enumerate them later, but Gen. Waspinator owns in particular, and the ARE ALL DEAD comic is great.

I'm going to take being called the only good character out of FF10 as a compliment.

The PO said that package would show up on the 10th, cool that it got there so early. I actually didn't plan on doing all Beast Wars, but it fell into place that way. Maybe I should have gotten you the Skids, but he was cheaper on Amazon, so I figured he'd be easier to pick up later then Waspinator.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

TheDK posted:

You might be able to get away with just skipping that Dark Cybertron event, it sucked anyway.

In fairness, it started really badly but ended strongly. I think I prefer that to the usual case of events starting with a bang and ending with a damp squib.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Anora posted:

I'm going to take being called the only good character out of FF10 as a compliment.

The PO said that package would show up on the 10th, cool that it got there so early. I actually didn't plan on doing all Beast Wars, but it fell into place that way. Maybe I should have gotten you the Skids, but he was cheaper on Amazon, so I figured he'd be easier to pick up later then Waspinator.

No, it's all fun Beast Wars and it's the perfect kind of gentle mockery that TFSS should be about, The soap smells really nice, too, and what's the Zoidberg-looking guy called?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Claw Jaw

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I....I'm trying to be an elitist 3rd party snob and hold my nose at these combiner wars figures, but.....they look like chunky, stupid fun. Oh god. :ohdear:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Dang the new cases are expensive

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Apparently the ports are universal. So you can plug poo poo like Windcharger/Tailgate and the others in there. Like I think every legend guy can be a part of a larger bot. In the case of Optimus and menasor they can replicate Breastforce type stuff. Superion does his Targetmaster thing, so I guess they're all going to have some different form of legend figure combination.
Yeah but Windcharger looks pretty half-assed. Still since the mold is like a year older that the combiner they get points anyway for making it work. They must have had some of this stuff planned out years in advance. Clearly that spot's meant for Menasor's little chest car, hopefully he'll have some kind of more symmetrical chest mode. (Doesn't really looks like it will though.)

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
Well, that ain't Masterpiece Prowl...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MB13 posted:

Well, that ain't Masterpiece Prowl...

Whoops.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Rhyno posted:

Whoops.

Yeah, trying to decide if I should keep it or try and send it back.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Target is doing a BOGO 50% off sale on TFs right now. Found Snarl and picked up Hot Shot/not Tracks. Snarl is cool, though the instructions don't show that the feet plug into the calves, it shows them hanging super loose. Hot Shot, however, was awful. Not that he was bad, but the Crosshairs mold has some severe mold degradation. The thing is covered in flash, and because of it, it barely fits together. Plus mine had two of the same heel piece, and unless I leave them sticking out of the front of the (super cool) car mode it can't transform. I'm taking him back today for the other one that's on the shelf, but man, that's some hard core QC failure right there.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

MB13 posted:

Yeah, trying to decide if I should keep it or try and send it back.

I will trade you, I got too many drat prowls :/ pretty please?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
:drat: Bombshell and Powerglide just went up on BBTS an hour ago (give or take) and are already sold out!

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Deluxe Warrior class figures for Robots in Disguise (2015) have their instructions on the card back! Now when my 3-year old says "transform him, daddy!" it won't take very long (not my photos, more at http://tfnd.net/discuz/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=35802&extra&_dsign=f3c1598c)

At least the scale seems to be pretty nice.

Sucks about the $14.99 price point though.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
wait, is Sideswipe a truck? And does BB have monoleg? nope. but still, those are like cyberverse level transformations, on deluxes...

Anora fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 9, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That's Takara Ironhide (who Kup was meant to be)

They're intentionally simple, it's aimed for smaller kids.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Why hello there Warpath, what are you doing wearing Leader Megatron's clothes?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
I got my Secret Santa stuff! A maketoys MFB, Generations Swerve, and Mech Ideas not-Ironfist! Thank you very much secret-Santa! My Wrecker shelf is really shaping up

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why hello there Warpath, what are you doing wearing Leader Megatron's clothes?

That is one tiny head.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

TheDK posted:

:drat: Bombshell and Powerglide just went up on BBTS an hour ago (give or take) and are already sold out!

I just ordered the cases and called it a day. Was waiting for them to hit BBTS and glad I was sick so I could see the email early! :v:

(Being sick sucks)

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Hey, I was just curious cause I know at least a couple of you are Macross fans, is there somewhere that I can go to see lists of the toys they've made of each type of valkyrie? Kinda like how TFWiki has lists of figures for each character. I'm looking to start collecting those really high detail looking ones (from Yamato I think?) and wanted to start building up a list of them.

Thread contributing material: I just saw that G2 Sideswipe masterpiece dude and he is loving rad. Anyone have this guy and can tell me if this variant of the mold has any issues or finicky bits? It'll be my first MP.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PriNcessofDarXness posted:

Thread contributing material: I just saw that G2 Sideswipe masterpiece dude and he is loving rad. Anyone have this guy and can tell me if this variant of the mold has any issues or finicky bits? It'll be my first MP.

No more or less than the regular MP Sideswipe mold. I kind of wish he came with two heads because I'm pretty sure he didn't listen to his mother and his face is now frozen like that. He has more weapons than he can properly hold, unless you want to stick the engine block gun in his backpack roof hole. His make-believe balance is thrown off by that, however.

Put all/most of the stickers on in when in car mode, those side panel ones are impossible to get right in robot mode.

\/\/\/ Don't get me wrong, I love the G2 comics and the figure! Still, it's not your father's Autobot...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 9, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I love the face they put on G2 Sideswipe, such sneak release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Just got home to see that MP Bumblebee and company had arrived.

BumbleThoughts:

Daniel is a waste of plastic, with unpainted eyes. I know he was included to make up mass but I would rather have had a 20 dollar cheaper toy instead. Or whatever the proportionate savings would have been.

Very clever transformation on both Daniel and Bumblebee.

Bumblebees faces are basically an opened or closed mouth, he's not exactly super expressive. I kind of wanted that G1 "battle face" but oh well, those sold out five seconds after the listings were put up on BBTS.

I was not aware that the Volkswagon Type-1 didn't have a passenger side mirror. I tried to put the extra in past the metal pin until I remembered old cars didn't always have both passenger and driver side mirrors. On the other hand, two mirrors for if you lose one!

The yellows are all all right to me, but I'm not a color expert.