Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Aphrodite posted:

What if an episode is called "This is the one where we find out who killed Sara" and the guest star is The Murder-o-tron, played by Jim Caviezel?

A Person of Interest crossover? The Machine is a proto-Brainiac?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A Zatanna show like that seems like a slam dunk. I always thought DC's magic stuff was some of its best. If it's an origin story you can limit her powers as she's learning, a la Young Justice or something

She was awesome in her appearances in Season 1 of Young Justice so I definitely think this would be a cool idea.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Wezlar posted:

She was awesome in her appearances in Season 1 of Young Justice so I definitely think this would be a cool idea.

Lacey Chabert could reprise in live action, and I would be very OK with that.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The general "youth"ey vibe of The Flash definitely gives me Spider-Man parallels. Barry is written as a super young and earnest kid, more 16 than 26. It works, largely because of Gustin's portrayal.

But, again, I think there's a strong link between Gustin's The Flash and Christopher Reeve's Superman. There's a fundamental decency at the heart of their characters, one that does the right thing simply because its the right thing.

And goddamn it, somebody had to mention Man of Steel butchering the poo poo out of Pa Kent. That might be the most aggressively stupid thing in a film jam packed full of whoppers.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I don't think I've seen this posted here so let me just drop this off... Geoff Johns confirms live action Teen Titans television pilot.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Lyon posted:

I don't think I've seen this posted here so let me just drop this off... Geoff Johns confirms live action Teen Titans television pilot.

:fap:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Lyon posted:

Nightwing looks to be team leader. I wonder if Tim will be around.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I can't see any way this won't be a spectacular disaster.

Bonus comment on that link:

quote:

Hopefully since this is gonna be on TNT, we get to see Starfire in her more classic style outfits.
:suicide:

edit: hahahahaha what in the hell

quote:

I hope they do good on this, I’ve been reading Teen Titans and their various adaptations since I was able to read, and so far, the television adaptations have been disappointing. But, based on their current cinematic success, I have really high hopes! I can’t wait!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Lyon posted:

drat, DC is really freakin' bold about what kind of superheroes they think they can pull off on a TV budget. Wouldn't TNT be even lower-budget than network?

Somehow, I'm a little wary of welcoming this series into the Arrow/Flash shared universe. I'm almost surprised they're not positioning Cyborg as the leading role instead of Dick.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

XboxPants posted:

drat, DC is really freakin' bold about what kind of superheroes they think they can pull off on a TV budget. Wouldn't TNT be even lower-budget than network?

Nah

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

XboxPants posted:

Somehow, I'm a little wary of welcoming this series into the Arrow/Flash shared universe.
Where are you hearing this?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roy switching shows? two show actor.... This could be either miles better than Flash, or worse than gotham, no middle ground.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Hazo posted:

Where are you hearing this?

I believe it was the president of WB television who mentioned it as a possibility because TNT, like the CW, is partially owned by WB. Nothing confirmed though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

XboxPants posted:

Somehow, I'm a little wary of welcoming this series into the Arrow/Flash shared universe. I'm almost surprised they're not positioning Cyborg as the leading role instead of Dick.

Maybe since Cyborg is super important and the best most popular character ever, DC television has a Cyborg embargo.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Rocksicles posted:

Roy switching shows? two show actor.... This could be either miles better than Flash, or worse than gotham, no middle ground.

As terrible as it could it end up being, I'll still watch it if they give us Manu Bennett trolling teenagers for a season or two.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love the idea of a "you drat kids!" Slade Wilson.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Can we get this guy for the show too?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

XboxPants posted:

I'm almost surprised they're not positioning Cyborg as the leading role instead of Dick.

Well of course not. He wouldn't be a very good leader with all the time he spends in the Justice League.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Narcissus1916 posted:

And goddamn it, somebody had to mention Man of Steel butchering the poo poo out of Pa Kent. That might be the most aggressively stupid thing in a film jam packed full of whoppers.

White farmer is conservative - a shocking twist.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

computer parts posted:

White farmer is conservative - a shocking twist.

So liberal enough to adopt an illegal alien, cliche in all other senses? Nope, still stupid.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Boogaleeboo posted:

So liberal enough to adopt an illegal alien, cliche in all other senses? Nope, still stupid.

Liberal enough to adopt a white baby.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

computer parts posted:

Liberal enough to adopt a white baby.

From space.

Crazy conservative Pa Kent has been done to death anyway, anytime they need an evil superman analogue that's the first change they make.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

SirDan3k posted:

From space.

Crazy conservative Pa Kent has been done to death anyway, anytime they need an evil superman analogue that's the first change they make.

And suddenly Man of Steel makes sense.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lyon posted:

What the gently caress is DC doing? Six different TV shows across five different networks? Two of which are in a shared universe, but none of which connect to the movies? They are just throwing everything against a wall.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

What the gently caress is DC doing? Six different TV shows across five different networks? Two of which are in a shared universe, but none of which connect to the movies? They are just throwing everything against a wall.

Imagine all shows being on the same network, with a shared universe having it all tie into the movies. This is something that DC has intentionally chosen not to do :negative:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

boom boom boom posted:

This is honestly the best case scenario in my mind, and I was praying that they didn't try to do a massive shared universe after seeing Marvel's success. I want to be able to watch the movies and shows I want to watch without needing to look up a scene or stinger on youtube to find out what meta-plot point another show or movie pushed forward.

The idea of a shared film universe is neat enough, but Marvel has done poo poo-all interesting with it and I would rather DC just experiment and not have to worry about where the puzzle pieces fit. That is exactly what they are doing and I love it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

gently caress shared universes. Just make the TV show/movie you're working on right now good. It's not like much in the Marvel movies beyond the after-credits scenes have much to do with each other which is probably whey they're still pretty good.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Valeyard posted:

Imagine all shows being on the same network, with a shared universe having it all tie into the movies. This is something that DC has intentionally chosen not to do :negative:

On the other hand, if everything is interconnected, one weak link could screw everything up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kibayasu posted:

gently caress shared universes. Just make the TV show/movie you're working on right now good. It's not like much in the Marvel movies beyond the after-credits scenes have much to do with each other which is probably whey they're still pretty good.

Also having shared plot elements and those Avenger movies.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I mean...you're posting in the Flash thread, one of two shows that prove the CW shared DC TV universe is awesome and much better than DC's other TV offerings. Gotham is terrible and Constantine, while showing promise, is still nowhere near as good as Flash or Arrow.

If DC was smart they'd give the CW crew free reign and stop loving everything up.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Valeyard posted:

The stupid part of this is the own of the networks that two shows are one and seem to be unwilling to drive content to a network they own.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I think a shared DC TV universe (that excluded Gotham and the dead Constantine for obvious reasons), would be awesome. Sure it would take a little more effort to ensure consistency across the various shows, but in exchange each show will get access to a much larger viewer base and you open the possibility for crossovers during sweeps. DC will already have a difficult enough time expecting casuals to differentiate between the TV and film universes without asking audiences to also recognize TV universe A, B, C and D.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vancouver can only portray so many cities.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Aphrodite posted:

Vancouver has probably been almost every city in the US ever.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Aphrodite posted:

I'm convinced that Vancouver is secretly the gateway to the multiverse.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Having another show connected to the Flash/Arrow world would be cool, and a mini-series (like suicide squad, or a titans with Roy and whoever ends up being Barry's sidekick) would be neat but other than that all the boring rear end prequel poo poo like Krypton and Gotham (which is watchable but no Flash) being unconnected works in these shows favor.

And if Man of Steel is what they're aiming for with their movies then thank god the shows are unconnected.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Phylodox posted:

I mean...you're posting in the Flash thread, one of two shows that prove the CW shared DC TV universe is awesome and much better than DC's other TV offerings.

I don't attribute the entirety (or even most) of the success as having to do with the shared universe. Although granted the crossover ep was really, really cool. These are good shows because they have talented people working on them who are doing cool things with the characters. You take away the benefits they have gained from being in the same universe and I think you still have two really solid shows.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

TyrantWD posted:

I think a shared DC TV universe (that excluded Gotham and the dead Constantine for obvious reasons), would be awesome. Sure it would take a little more effort to ensure consistency across the various shows, but in exchange each show will get access to a much larger viewer base and you open the possibility for crossovers during sweeps. DC will already have a difficult enough time expecting casuals to differentiate between the TV and film universes without asking audiences to also recognize TV universe A, B, C and D.

I really don't think most people know/care that Flash/Arrow/Batman/Supes all inhabit the same universe.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I think Constantine could work within the Arrow/Flash universe (Flarrowverse?). It would fill the magic/supernatural niche. Not that that'll happen, Constantine being on a separate network.

Gotham is hopeless, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

And if Man of Steel is what they're aiming for with their movies then thank god the shows are unconnected.

loving this. I'm glad they're not doing a shared universe because gently caress if I want Flash and Arrow to be tied to the eventual trainwreck that is Dawn of Justice/Justice League.

• Locked thread