Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Harris' Foam Corner!

Foam corner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats up hot dog. remember that?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
What was the ep where Paul F. Tompkins is comparing CBB to other podcasts? It was something like:

WTF is where the host is like, why should I care about you?
Nerdist is where the host cares about you a little too much.
And CBB, the host isn't listening to you at all, he's just waiting for you to say "my wife" so he can jump on it immediately.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

moot the hopple posted:

What was the ep where Paul F. Tompkins is comparing CBB to other podcasts? It was something like:

WTF is where the host is like, why should I care about you?
Nerdist is where the host cares about you a little too much.
And CBB, the host isn't listening to you at all, he's just waiting for you to say "my wife" so he can jump on it immediately.

Last year's best of, I dunno which one though

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I liked his line (as Wener Herzog maybe) that the show is like a psychological test that no one is administering, but Scott is taking.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Lmaooooo Eddie George is a guest on season 4. How does that even happen?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Lmaooooo Eddie George is a guest on season 4. How does that even happen?

Looking at every other football player who moved into an acting/general "affable celebrity" career, saying "I could do that," and a good agent.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo

epitasis posted:

whats up hot dog. remember that?

My friend actually showed me the origin of "whats up hot dog" from Never Not Funny tonight and it's a loving hilarious story. For anyone who doesn't know do yourself a favor and look for it, it's well worth it.

Mad Jaqk
Jun 2, 2013

Dear Sergio posted:

My friend actually showed me the origin of "whats up hot dog" from Never Not Funny tonight and it's a loving hilarious story. For anyone who doesn't know do yourself a favor and look for it, it's well worth it.

Any idea which episode that was? Scott is usually on Never Not Funny once a season, so there's a lot to go through.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mad Jaqk posted:

Any idea which episode that was? Scott is usually on Never Not Funny once a season, so there's a lot to go through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WlgI5d2LJM

I said, "What's up, Hot Dog?" :haw:

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
e: dammit, that's the last time I bother looking up a link on my phone

Mad Jaqk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WlgI5d2LJM

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
Finally caught up and listened to this week's episode, and I find it hilarious that Cards Against Humanity actually used a spot to promote something, only for it to go out too late to be useful to anyone. (The last day for signup for that promotion was Monday last week)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Apparently Reggie is leaving the CBB TV show in the second half of 2015, I wonder who they'll get to replace him?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently Reggie is leaving the CBB TV show in the second half of 2015, I wonder who they'll get to replace him?

Benny Schwazz. No instrument or band, instead he and Scott will just start singing 40% of any song every 30 seconds or so.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Anyone could replace Reggie Watts. I mean, he just makes it all up on the spot, they're not even real songs.

The funniest thing they could do is just cast someone else as Reggie's character on the show and never mention it, like Bewitched.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Help Im Alive posted:

Jenny Lewis. Did you not see Zach Galifianakis Wears a One-Armed Jacket?

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem

Help Im Alive posted:

Paul F. Tompkins, theme is being replaced with the Cantina theme.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Help Im Alive posted:

That's really disappointing. That said, Brendon Small. He plays guitar and I'm reasonably sure he knows what a good song is.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cloks posted:

That's really disappointing. That said, Brendon Small. He plays guitar and I'm reasonably sure he knows what a good song is.

If so, I hope he'd just constantly cycle through musician characters. Especially if that includes another merciless, unflattering David Lee Roth caricature in vein of Dr. Rockso/Jimmy Monet.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Victor is band leader, Tiny puts the button on it

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo
Weird Al would be a p cool replacement.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
R. O. Mance

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I was amazed when Chip Pope showed up on Go Bayside since, as I only know LA from Earwolf podcasts, I'd assumed he died years ago.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I don't see him do stand-up around town but he still writes with Howard Kremer. They're both working on a show for Nat Geo. Also he'll follow you on twitter if you follow him.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

If you have Apple TV, there's now a Fusion app so you can watch that puppet debate show PFT hosts.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Christmas ep!

Gotta admit (bad opinion time?) I don't really like Aimee Mann's mumbly singing voice.

Still, great ep. I don't think I'll ever get sick of Victor & Tiny.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Gotta admit (bad opinion time?) I don't really like Aimee Mann's mumbly singing voice.

Leave her alone!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

That song's OK.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
This episode was amazing, I barfed the whole time.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
When Matt Gourley made the insane suggestions that cricket bats have holes in them I genuinely choked on the sip of tea I was taking - think I win the listener award for Most British on this episode.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

On last How Did This Get Made Mantzoukas freaked out over the name "St. John" being pronounced "Sinjin" and I felt embarrassed for having a headteacher named exactly so.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

On last How Did This Get Made Mantzoukas freaked out over the name "St. John" being pronounced "Sinjin" and I felt embarrassed for having a headteacher named exactly so.

I was enthralled by this part because I watched the entire movie at work on Friday with the sound off. SINJIN?!?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I could listen to Lauren Lapkus make stupid noises all day. Holy poo poo this entire episode was great, too.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Neil Campbell is my favourite.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
PFT and Lapkus herself enjoying her dumb character so much was the best.

Actually the dissection of Little Drummer Boy was the best.

Actually Tiny & Victor's scam was the best.

What I'm saying is: C+ episode

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This has already taken one of my votes for next year's Best Of competition. It was good from the get-go, but I didn't think it could get better than Victor & Tiny. Then Ho Ho showed up, and I thought it peaked. Then came KPUS.

I never said I wasn't a little bitch :smug:

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Really smart to have almost all new or scarcely used characters.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
PFT's background laughs were off the chart in this episode, too. "of some sort!"
edit: it also looks like Paul Scheer was sitting in on the episode based on the photos the put up.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 16, 2014

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

tnimark posted:

Neil Campbell is my favourite.

He did that character at ucb sketch night last month and it went on for like 16 different rhymes.... Then revealed he was a 10 year old boy talking to his stuffed animals propped up like a news room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Oh man that sounds great. I live in Australia and I'm yet to convince my wife that a good use of our money would be to travel to the USA only to stay in LA for a couple of weeks and go to UCB and Meltdown shows every night.