Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Look at how hardcore I am, I can beat a super-easy game for kids and it's not even that hard. Fuckin' Nintendo's for casuals man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Looper posted:

"Talk about your low-budget flights...no spaghetti or meataballs? I'm-a outta here!"

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

noirstronaut posted:

Put Nintendon't on your Wii U and play it with a Gamecube controller.

This assumes they can find an adapter.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Looper posted:

Modern games are hard and well-designed, though

Wrong. Most modern games are for bitches who can barely work the controller.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I'm getting a Wii U for Christmas, cya all in nintendoworld :shobon:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I don't think I'm ever going to 100% 3D World after learning I need to beta the game with every character in order to unlock it. The worst part is that I learned this right as I got to Boss Blitz.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Nintendo is finally releasing a Smash Bros Wii U bundle... in Spain.

No Amiibos, no Nintendoland, no Gamecube anything, 8GB. What a steal!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

noirstronaut posted:

I don't think I'm ever going to 100% 3D World after learning I need to beta the game with every character in order to unlock it. The worst part is that I learned this right as I got to Boss Blitz.

The only thing you get for doing every level with every character is a set of character stamps; all the actual content is unlocked from collecting Green Stars, top-of-flagpoles, and stamps in-level.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

jivjov posted:

The only thing you get for doing every level with every character is a set of character stamps; all the actual content is unlocked from collecting Green Stars, top-of-flagpoles, and stamps in-level.

So I don't need to beat all of the levels with all the characters to get Champion's Road? If that's the case, I'll go beat Boss Blitz right now.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

F. Lobot posted:

Nintendo is finally releasing a Smash Bros Wii U bundle... in Spain.

No Amiibos, no Nintendoland, no Gamecube anything, 8GB. What a steal!

Spaniards can't afford more than that, please don't Spain shame.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

noirstronaut posted:

So I don't need to beat all of the levels with all the characters to get Champion's Road? If that's the case, I'll go beat Boss Blitz right now.

Correct.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

noirstronaut posted:

Naw, beating all the levels with all the characters is simply for 100% completion. You just need to get all the flagpoles, green stars, and stamps in each level to get to world crown-crown (I say "just" but).

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Hi are there any other places where I can buy an eShop code for Super Mario 3D World for a UK account or do I have to shell out £40 at GAME?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Hi are there any other places where I can buy an eShop code for Super Mario 3D World for a UK account or do I have to shell out £40 at GAME?

Does the UK eShop not allow you to use credit cards directly?

Also, are there any tricks to beating Boss Blitz in time? I die on that bouncing clown gently caress after going in with maybe 30 seconds.

Nevett
Aug 31, 2001

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Normally cdkeys.com offer a small discount, but they're out of stock right now.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Sprat Sandwich posted:

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-w...io%203d%20world

The official Nintendo online store has a spot you can buy codes from, but that's even more expensive.

noirstronaut posted:

Also, are there any tricks to beating Boss Blitz in time? I die on that bouncing clown gently caress after going in with maybe 30 seconds.
Use your height from one Hisstocrat bounce to land on the other.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Fine, I'll shell out the £40.

Also I can't believe Samus has been relegated to the 'games from other fighters' section on the eShop.

I NEED A NEW METROID gently caress

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Oooh. Target will be selling a Deluxe Wii U with SM3DW and Nintendo Land for $250, starting December 14.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Sprat Sandwich posted:

I NEED A NEW METROID gently caress

Since Retro is done with Donkey Kong and Metroid's 30th anniversary is coming up in 2016 I think we might get something soon?? You can only hope!! (Also it would be six years between other M and a new one, which is kind of nuts for nintendo sequels-making)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

whaley posted:

Wrong. Most modern games are for bitches who can barely work the controller.

No, that's what PC games are for

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ultigonio posted:

Oooh. Target will be selling a Deluxe Wii U with SM3DW and Nintendo Land for $250, starting December 14.

thats why im buying a wii u next week and not this week!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Ultigonio posted:

Well that beats out the refurb as the best deal on a Wii U.

Also, do you get anything special for finishing Wario Land 4 with all of the treasure chests from the boss fights?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Fremry posted:

Well that beats out the refurb as the best deal on a Wii U.

Also, do you get anything special for finishing Wario Land 4 with all of the treasure chests from the boss fights?

If I remember right the number of chests you get determines the appearance of the princess at the end of the game

Linked for spoilers of a 13 year old GBA game??? http://i.imgur.com/avEoOz5.png

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Didn't somebody from Nintendo say around E3 time that Metroid games for both 3DS and Wii U were in development?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Hedrigall posted:

Didn't somebody from Nintendo say around E3 time that Metroid games for both 3DS and Wii U were in development?

I didn't hear that, but at least the 3DS one I think is confirmed cancelled, the team working on it doing the Luigi's Mansion game instead. I'm not super beat up about it because Luigi's Mansion 2 wasn't all that great and the concept art they released of it was kind of ugly.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

It's more that Nintendo considers both the old 2D style and the Prime-like 3D style to be important to Metroid and that they would work on doing something with both. There's been nothing said other than that, but at the very least that means at least two different games in the future. People extrapolated on that to say there would be a game for both systems.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I hope the 2D one is for Wii U then.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I wonder how many games Nintendo has "in development" at any time.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

At least three

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ultigonio posted:

Well Target, thanks for that middle finger for bothering to order one on Black Friday. Hope I can return the one I've got to the store, and save $25 since I haven't opened it yet.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

raditts posted:

Well Target, thanks for that middle finger for bothering to order one on Black Friday. Hope I can return the one I've got to the store, and save $25 since I haven't opened it yet.

Just bring in your receipt, they should make up the difference.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Luigi's Mansion 2 wasn't all that great
You take that back right now :argh: Luigi's Mansion 2 is absolutely fantastic, and the main reason why I consider Next Level Games one of Nintendo's best second party development studios.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Ultigonio posted:

I got mine at Best Buy a little while back. Is there any chance they'd price match it after the fact?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Since Retro is done with Donkey Kong and Metroid's 30th anniversary is coming up in 2016 I think we might get something soon?? You can only hope!! (Also it would be six years between other M and a new one, which is kind of nuts for nintendo sequels-making)

Not really, there was an eight-year gap between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime/Fusion that everyone conveniently forgets about.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Mercury Crusader posted:

Not really, there was an eight-year gap between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime/Fusion that everyone conveniently forgets about.

There's also the fact that Other M put a pretty big bullet in the franchise that it can hopefully recover from.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Mercury Crusader posted:

I guess I should preface with "modern Nintendo sequels-making" then. I remembered this. :argh:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I'd buy a new metroid but the series just isn't actually that popular and Nintendo would make more money making a new Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, etc.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Metroid isn't cute enough for Nintendo.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

noirstronaut posted:

Metroid isn't cute enough for Nintendo.

widestancer's parade of avs begs to differ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Austrian mook posted:

I'd buy a new metroid but the series just isn't actually that popular and Nintendo would make more money making a new Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, etc.

Animal Crossing more popular than Metroid? :raise:

• Locked thread