Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Fil5000 posted:

The sizing of mechs is utterly hosed. The trebuchet is a lanky motherfucker compared to the other 50 tonners, the catapult is massive because paul likes catapults. Basically the two ends of the spectrum look about right but everything inbetween looks wrong, and it's all compounded by there being nothing in game that exists to provide any sort of sense of scale.
I find it hilarious that my half-armored Hellbringer can survive better than Catapults.

e: https://static.mwomercs.com/downloads/Inner%20Sphere%20Quirks%20-%20Update%20December.pdf Quirk update. Apparently :pgi: felt the need to change Catapult K2 quirks to stop people using Gausspult/Boomcat and switch to 2 PPC + 2 MLas + 2 MG build :stare:

Aesis fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Dec 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

What's the best Stormcrow to buy? Or doesn't it really matter?

v cheers v

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Dec 9, 2014

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

The best crow to buy is the one that comes with the most hardpoints that suit the very first build you want to try. After that it makes no difference.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
I'm going to miss my U-AC5 Grid Iron.

edit: this is the build that could shatter worlds RIP BLACKDOG'S GRID IRON

Blackdog420 fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Dec 9, 2014

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Even though I quit playing this terrible game, I still read the thread every day for amusement and I remember that they said they were going to redesign the mechlab again. Is it usable again or is it still the horrible piece of poo poo that I remember?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Ambaire posted:

Even though I quit playing this terrible game, I still read the thread every day for amusement and I remember that they said they were going to redesign the mechlab again. Is it usable again or is it still the horrible piece of poo poo that I remember?

Nope, it's still garbage.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
"Mechlab 2.5" Coming in 2015, I think.

Autsj
Nov 9, 2011
Unless you quit before UI 2.0, in which case it's way worse.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Crab Oblivion in like an hour.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Blackdog420 posted:

I'm going to miss my U-AC5 Grid Iron.

edit: this is the build that could shatter worlds RIP BLACKDOG'S GRID IRON

Machine gun gauss backed by thunderbolt quality medium pulse lasers sounds a heck of a lot better than some uac5 garbage pail robot tbh

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Matches Played Wins Losses Ratio Kills Deaths Ratio Damage Done XP Earned Time Played

D-DC 525 270 254 1.06 747 323 2.31 204,515 487,259 2 days 00:22:40

Here's my current Atlas D-DC stats. I was going to add archived, but the site went down to patch.

Ahhh gently caress it's not displaying properly and now I can't screen shot.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

various cheeses posted:

The cent got squat and fat because its center torso was a thin unkillable sliver originally, so they stretched the model out horizontally and compressed vertically.

And yet, if they had intentionally made the Center Torso difficult to hit and made damage transfer slightly more pronounced, people would actually have a good reason to cripple their opponents rather than just coring them out in 3 seconds. :eng99:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Does this game have melee or falling over yet? Or is it still "upright" tanks that could literally replace the legs with wheels still?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

Does this game have melee or falling over yet? Or is it still "upright" tanks that could literally replace the legs with wheels still?

HAH!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Thor-Stryker posted:

Have the game mechanics been altered in any significant way? No. Same old poo poo. The game balance has been slowly improving though.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

We're even getting poo poo early now. It's insanity. If ghost heat is removed I will pluck out all my pubic hair one by one.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Kazvall posted:

Crab Oblivion in like an hour.

It was supposed to come out a week from now no? :byodood: I need more ceebees!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Mindblast posted:

It was supposed to come out a week from now no? :byodood: I need more ceebees!

You'll have to wait until Jan. 20th for ceebees.

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum
I really want to call all new AC20 crab builds "Craboom!" but it just doesn't roll off the tongue very well. Boomcrab is easier to say, but doesn't look nearly as cool on paper. A problem for the ages.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Kazvall posted:

We're even getting poo poo early now. It's insanity. If ghost heat is removed I will pluck out all my pubic hair one by one.

:toxx:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Was thinking the same thing as you, mashed. I do think we have a toxx. That video might be painful to watch though.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Kazvall posted:

Brb printing this post out and mailing it to PGI's offices.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Kazvall posted:

Reminder: Russ has mentioned the possibility about reconsidering ghost heat sometime post CW. Who knows if it's true, but you never know in this crazy, post-transverse world.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Kazvall posted:

You'll have to wait until Jan. 20th for ceebees.

Ah sorry no I meant it like I need cbills for tearing off the ferro and putting on endo/double sinks. I thought it was next week so I bought modules yesterday thinking I had a week left. :saddowns:

Fender posted:

I really want to call all new AC20 crab builds "Craboom!" but it just doesn't roll off the tongue very well. Boomcrab is easier to say, but doesn't look nearly as cool on paper. A problem for the ages.

The Boom King.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Sorry guys, we can't remove ghost heat today! Kazvall passed out halfway through. :(

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hey, it's up fools!

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Kazvall posted:

Hey, it's up fools!

Stop posting about your genitals. :eyepop:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

While I can't see them remove ghost heat anytime soon we may get heat generation quirks on ballistics for the crab instead.( maybe, someday).

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Mindblast posted:

While I can't see them remove ghost heat anytime soon we may get heat generation quirks on ballistics for the crab instead.( maybe, someday).

My theory is they will remove GH once quirks are fully implemented. They will use quirks, somehow, as their scape goat. To save face. Whatever it takes, imo. It makes zero sense and has only gotten worse over time with the amount of mechs introduced changing the meta of gameplay. Removing it now would actually go a long long way to spice things up while hardly chaning the 'OP' nature of certain builds.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I played in a pub drop game with 9 Crabs and 0 Gargoyles.

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 9, 2014

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Iron Tusk posted:

that sounds glorious

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Iron Tusk posted:

9 crabs between both sides?

19 said solo assault limits are at 5 right now~

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

OhsH posted:

9 crabs between both sides?

19 said solo assault limits are at 5 right now~

It was 5/4 I was in a 4/4 Crab Lance.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Iron Tusk posted:

It was 5/4 I was in a 4/4 Crab Lance.

hahahahahhaha, i dont think im gonna be playing until much later tonight.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Kazvall posted:

My theory is they will remove GH once quirks are fully implemented. They will use quirks, somehow, as their scape goat. To save face. Whatever it takes, imo. It makes zero sense and has only gotten worse over time with the amount of mechs introduced changing the meta of gameplay. Removing it now would actually go a long long way to spice things up while hardly chaning the 'OP' nature of certain builds.

So I haven't been playing much for the past couple of months, but tell me if this is about right:

PGI introduces Ghost Heat to prevent the boating of weapons.

PGI introduces Quirks, which allows some mechs to boat weapons.

Yeah...they should just remove Ghost Heat.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

imperialparadox posted:

So I haven't been playing much for the past couple of months, but tell me if this is about right:

PGI introduces Ghost Heat to prevent the boating of weapons.

PGI introduces Quirks, which allows some mechs to boat weapons.

Yeah...they should just remove Ghost Heat.

Supposedly it was to deal with high pin-point alpha strikes, boating in and of itself was never the problem (despite what some folks will tell you). Ghost Heat pushed poptarts to the fore and they eventually had the sense to nerf PPCs which were the problem weapon in the first place. Ghost Heat punished tons of mechs that were not problematic and also did not touch plenty that were problematic.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
If there was ever a balance problem, Ghost Heat was introduced to fix it. And it has.

Do not let things like facts or logic get in the way of this line of thinking.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Hunchback 4SP report.

With SRM6 cooldown reduction you can fire SRM6 every 2 seconds or so with SRM6 Cooldown 5 (total 52.5% reduction). Also laser duration is reduced by 25% so shooting Lasers felt like shooting Pulse. However you'll overheat fast even with 6 DHS.

Getting close is the hard part due to its mediocre speed of STD 250 (89.1 kph with Speed Tweak), but go inside 150 meter and it can wreck even heavies pretty fast. If you love close range brawl and have 4SP from back in the days then I recommend trying it out now.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Jenner-F with a rank 4 range module now shoots medium lasers out to 312 meters, seems pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

So is this game good again? And if so, are the older 'mechs competitive, or would I have to Clan up to expect to win if I came back to it?

• Locked thread