Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

cmykjester posted:

You mean matt's last name isn't McMuscles? :confused:

Oh, it is, that's what they said. Krazyface was just kindly reminding him that it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
This loving podcast was so good. "Don't Tell where I can have sex, Matt!"

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Woolie lied about what Ninja Slayer is. It's a Japanese novel series originally published on Twitter that's supposedly translated from two American authors that may or may not actually exist named Bradley Bond and Philip Morzez.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Possibly a stupid question, but has Woolie or Pat said if they're going to do any of the other Souls games after 2?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Possibly a stupid question, but has Woolie or Pat said if they're going to do any of the other Souls games after 2?

Every other video has them going "We're definitely going to do one more Souls game after this."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tae posted:

Every other video has them going "We're definitely going to do one more Souls game after this."

Demon's

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

My dream would be for Demon's Souls to be Woolie on stick with Liam on pure commentary; since Woolie got gud, Liam's trolling won't be a real hindrance to progress, and he loves Demon's. Then have Dark Souls 1 be Matt on stick with Woolie as the spirit guide, so the student can become the master while we get a double-blind experience.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

My dream would be for Demon's Souls to be Woolie on stick with Liam on pure commentary; since Woolie got gud, Liam's trolling won't be a real hindrance to progress, and he loves Demon's. Then have Dark Souls 1 be Matt on stick with Woolie as the spirit guide, so the student can become the master while we get a double-blind experience.

I don't think Matt would willingly subject himself to a full playthrough of a Souls game. It would also take longer to finish than CT, DS2 and the Nuzlocke run combined.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Congrats to whoever asked the boys to play some classic games from 20 years ago :unsmith:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

I don't think Matt would willingly subject himself to a full playthrough of a Souls game. It would also take longer to finish than CT, DS2 and the Nuzlocke run combined.

That's why it's a dream, because dreams aren't real.

Liam/Woolie should still be the team for whatever next Souls playthrough they do, if any. I could honestly see them ending it with DSII, I'm sure it's exhausting for them, and long series always seem to end up being divisive.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 9, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm sure whatever Souls game they play next will be much quicker, because a majority of the playthrough has been Woolie learning the mechanics and applying them to new situations. Not to mention they are more than willing to skip optional bosses if it's too tough for them and DS1 is shorter main-story wise than DS2.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Lots of good Woolie lore being established today. Merman Frankenstein.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

beep by grandpa posted:

Congrats to whoever asked the boys to play some classic games from 20 years ago :unsmith:
:getin: yesssss this is exactly what I wanted to see

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Just a heads up, Pat and I will probably be playing Bloodborne when it comes out.

TheRealestMatt fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 10, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
No, really? :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

Just a heads up, Pat and I will probably be playing Bloodborne when it comes out.

Looking forward to it!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Matt, has your opinion on the souls games changed? because you sounded like you absolutely HATED it when you made the initial dark souls 2 vid a while ago, so I'm just wondering what your level of enthusiasm is going to be when you dive into Bloodborne.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

Matt, has your opinion on the souls games changed? because you sounded like you absolutely HATED it when you made the initial dark souls 2 vid a while ago, so I'm just wondering what your level of enthusiasm is going to be when you dive into Bloodborne.

I was really frustrated with Liam's advice (and my inability to play) when playing DSII. We played the game for two hours, and I just felt something was off. Then a week after the video went up, I talked on the podcast how I selected a two handed fighting style with no shield, (that Liam talked me out of using in the video) and I did so much better.

I think the world, tone and lore of Souls games is really awesome. Just...even though I did better when I started up DSII a second time, I don't think the slow pacing and punishing difficulty is for me. Much more interested in Bloodborne.

Also, when I said that Pat and I would be playing it, I meant a full LP.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Really enjoying the podcast and the "Blitzcast" format. Would like to see...err, listen to more. It forced you guys to get to the point more and the episode didn't drag a bit like some of the 3+ hour ones do. R.I.P. Pat's PS4. That has to loving suuuuuuuuck.

I can't wait to watch you guys watching the awards show. I love when you do things like that.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

I was really frustrated with Liam's advice (and my inability to play) when playing DSII. We played the game for two hours, and I just felt something was off. Then a week after the video went up, I talked on the podcast how I selected a two handed fighting style with no shield, (that Liam talked me out of using in the video) and I did so much better.

I think the world, tone and lore of Souls games is really awesome. Just...even though I did better when I started up DSII a second time, I don't think the slow pacing and punishing difficulty is for me. Much more interested in Bloodborne.

Also, when I said that Pat and I would be playing it, I meant a full LP.

I can sympathize with that. I played some DS1 on recommendation and for some reason I just can't get into it. Usually that kind of thing is right up my alley but all the while i'm like "Yep... i'd kinda rather be playing Dragon's Dogma or Monster Hunter or a Platinum game...". That being said Bloodborne looks loving amazing. I don't know if it's the setting or the speed or what but that's the one game on the PS4 that's not coming anywhere else i'm like "Oooooh, yes."

SFV would have pushed me over the edge but it's getting a PC release with PS4 crossplay which is both crazy and great and saves me some money for now.

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.
Oh man we got noticed in the evil within plus it reminded me this thread was a thing.
Neat

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I feel some of the vitriol the game is getting is undeserved. Mostly I mean that these sections aren't as hard as they look and are being complicated by the hoarding mentality with regards to ammo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Okay I'm not going to defend this segment

jesus

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So they had trouble with the section with the moving platform? I would agree it's bad, but only because of how weirdly easy it is.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Most puzzles in EW were 'too easy' in the sense that if you think like the crazy person who made the game it's super easy.

Also while the slow platform was one of the worst by far, there actually is a worse bit coming.

So...enjoy?

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 10, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Most puzzles in EW were 'too easy' in the sense that if you think like the crazy person who made the game it's super easy.

Also while the slow platform was one of the worst by far, there actually is a worse bit coming.

So...enjoy?

Judging by the podcast they may or may not of already gotten to it.

Then again I'm just assuming the traps they talked about is the part v:v:v

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I thought of a fun little idea for a Two best friends animation, so I made a little animation sketch to test a scene of it, this is a sample of it:-

I'll piece together the whole thing little by little, so we'll see how it goes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Evil Within: Don't Overthink It.

That moving platform section is some bullshit.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Al-Saqr posted:

I thought of a fun little idea for a Two best friends animation, so I made a little animation sketch to test a scene of it, this is a sample of it:-

Holy poo poo this owns.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Why must Pat be so foul mouthed?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Goddamn those areas of evil within are so tedious, a literal enemy dispenser and the last turd in the dispenser is just mocking you with a machine gun. In a while theres at least one kinda cool The last of us area.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Depths posted:

Goddamn those areas of evil within are so tedious, a literal enemy dispenser and the last turd in the dispenser is just mocking you with a machine gun. In a while theres at least one kinda cool The last of us area.

When I played I just hunkered down behind the cover and played shooting gallery, so I had no idea the shutter enemy dispenser was so stupidly done. Pat constantly getting blasted and getting angry was hilarious.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Judging by the podcast they may or may not of already gotten to it.

Then again I'm just assuming the traps they talked about is the part v:v:v

Since the game is SO LONG I'm not 100% if the trap-festival they alluded to is what I'm thinking of or if there's yet another bit coming up where the game just dumps a giant tub of bullshit over your head while screaming 'isn't this a challenge, aren't you having fun?!'

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

Whoooa! That's awesome! Can't wait to see more!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

JorahTheExplorer posted:

Oh man we got noticed in the evil within plus it reminded me this thread was a thing.
Neat

Oh hey, there's a Super Best Friends thread! I never go in this sub-forum so I never thought to look in here for one and it was the mention in Evil Within that got me here, so good on you there Matt.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They keep mentioning playing Dark Souls 1 every few videos, but I don't know if they're planning to make it another LP or not. It would at least fit in better with Woolie's "paralyzed by the fear of dying" playstyle. :v:

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Oh hey, there's a Super Best Friends thread! I never go in this sub-forum so I never thought to look in here for one and it was the mention in Evil Within that got me here, so good on you there Matt.

Same for me. I kept looking in games and let's play for the thread until I broke down and used Google to find it.

Grand Cross
Dec 10, 2014
Wheel Skeletons were already a pain to deal with. Making it so that you take damage while standing next to them is just mean.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
The real physics starts here.

Not that you can tell of course...

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Did Liam really compare metal slug 3d to contra shattered soldier what the heck :eyepop:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Grand Cross posted:

Wheel Skeletons were already a pain to deal with. Making it so that you take damage while standing next to them is just mean.

Knowing Dark Souls 2 it could intentional or it could just be the usual weird hitbox stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

No one mentioned Liam tried to argue that as long as Hardline's story is good, the rest doesn't matter.

A battlefield mod for all intents and purposes, all about the story.

The very first game he brings up to compare is VLR and 999.

Goddamnit, Liam.