Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cool (mostly) unrelated video bro.

I'm sorry but the fact that he and Steph still wear bracelets for Connor goes a long way with me. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

People keep saying this, but it was only a main roster debut in the way that Sami Zayn losing to Tyson Kidd a few months back was a "main roster debut".

Ascension, Tyler Breeze, and Neville have also had matches on main roster shows to date.

Not on Raw, and not with hype videos intended to draw eyes to NXT. Don't make this out like it's the same when it plainly isn't.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If she's on the show next week, I'll concede that it's not the same. Until then, it's the same. Sami had a video too.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

People keep saying this, but it was only a main roster debut in the way that Sami Zayn losing to Tyson Kidd a few months back was a "main roster debut".

This is dumb. Zayn debuted on Raw tagging with Neville to promote a NXT special in September and they won. He lost to Kidd on Main Event like a month ago.

Debuting Charlotte on Raw in the Carolinas in order to promote an NXT special and pinning her in a couple of minutes is even dumber.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Not on Raw, and not with hype videos intended to draw eyes to NXT. Don't make this out like it's the same when it plainly isn't.

NXT on the WWE Network. THE THING THEY ARE LOSING MONEY ON. So much they're willing to give you free Roku poo poo if you sign up for a year.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sticklefifer posted:

And even then they protected Sami by having every loss to Tyson be a heel cheating to win finish, now granted they should have had a third match where Sami won, but alas

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Ascension, Tyler Breeze, and Neville have also had matches on main roster shows to date.

Ascension won their match on Main Event when they were promoting the NXT Special though.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Sometimes I'm shocked with the extent people will defend lovely WWE booking

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

And even then they protected Sami by having every loss to Tyson be a heel cheating to win finish, now granted they should have had a third match where Sami won, but alas

KungFu Grip posted:

Ascension won their match on Main Event when they were promoting the NXT Special though.

I smoke a lot of weed and have no short term memory anymore but did either of these matches go less than three minutes?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

flashy_mcflash posted:

I smoke a lot of weed and have no short term memory anymore but did either of these matches go less than three minutes?

No. And they got over a little bit.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

I'm pretty sure it's a real simple reason Charlotte lost - although going 2 minutes or whatever was a joke. They view NXT as developmental, therefore NXT talent cannot be better than main roster, otherwise they'd be on the main roster. (What happens on NXT isn't canon. Besides only Internet smarks watch it!!!)

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

maxallen posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a real simple reason Charlotte lost - although going 2 minutes or whatever was a joke. They view NXT as developmental, therefore NXT talent cannot be better than main roster, otherwise they'd be on the main roster. (What happens on NXT isn't canon. Besides only Internet smarks watch it!!!)

But please buy our Network.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Charlotte lost a match she was dominating in with a rollup while her legs were hooked for the Figure Four. She didn't get squashed. The crowd was on board with her and commentary put her over by straight up saying she's Ric Flair but a woman. Charlotte has only been wrestling for 2 years(?) versus Nattie who has more than a decade of experience. There was nothing wrong with what happened.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

OctoberCountry posted:

This is dumb. Zayn debuted on Raw tagging with Neville to promote a NXT special in September and they won. He lost to Kidd on Main Event like a month ago.

Debuting Charlotte on Raw in the Carolinas in order to promote an NXT special and pinning her in a couple of minutes is even dumber.

triplexpac posted:

Sometimes I'm shocked with the extent people will defend lovely WWE booking
I'm not at all shocked at people reading what they want to read.

I'm not defending the booking, I'm just saying it's not a debut and shouldn't be treated like one. She'll get a debut. This was a lovely way to promote the NXT special, but not a "main roster debut" if she's not on the roster.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I'm not at all shocked at people reading what they want to read.

I'm not defending the booking, I'm just saying it's not a debut and shouldn't be treated like one. She'll get a debut. This was a lovely way to promote the NXT special, but not a "main roster debut" if she's not on the roster.

How is having a video package and a match on Raw not a "main roster debut"?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

OctoberCountry posted:

How is having a video package and a match on Raw not a "main roster debut"?

Like I said, if she's there next week I'll concede. If this is an ongoing angle I'll concede. If she's added to the active Divas roster on WWE.com I'll concede. But she's not ON the main roster, and she wouldn't be appearing at all if it weren't for the NXT special. They did this for the last special. The booking was better for that, but would you consider Sami Zayn and The Ascension to be on the main roster right now?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

It was supposed to be an advertisement for NXT which is on the Network, though. And they basically said "Don't bother, even their champs are poo poo".

It's like what Vince did with WCW and ECW stars, except this time he's doing it to himself.

NXT is HHH's baby and he hasn't paid his dues yet, brother.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sami zayn is on raw every week in a bunny suit

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sami Zayn is cool and has a cool theme and chant. That's my analysis.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

maxallen posted:

Paige won the Diva's title while still holding the NXT title. On her very first Raw match.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Like I said, if she's there next week I'll concede. If this is an ongoing angle I'll concede. If she's added to the active Divas roster on WWE.com I'll concede. But she's not ON the main roster, and she wouldn't be appearing at all if it weren't for the NXT special. They did this for the last special. The booking was better for that, but would you consider Sami Zayn and The Ascension to be on the main roster right now?

Her debut on Raw was disappointing. I guess you can argue it doesn't count for whatever reason you want, but I still think it was pretty lame.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bobtista posted:

NXT is HHH's baby and he hasn't paid his dues yet, brother.

Yeah, they had him curtainjerk at Wrestlemania as part of their efforts to bury him, and he went on to get squashed by the Shield for the next 2 PPVs running. I wonder who he pissed off backstage?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

maxallen posted:

Ascension squashed the Matadores.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, they had him curtainjerk at Wrestlemania as part of their efforts to bury him, and he went on to get squashed by the Shield for the next 2 PPVs running. I wonder who he pissed off backstage?

I hear he hosed the boss's daughter :ssh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bobtista posted:

Vince: Fool me once, shame on you....

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bobtista posted:

Vince loves his common ground.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bobtista posted:

Well great, now he'll never get into the HoF.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Bobtista posted:

Vince has never asked anyone to do something he wouldn't do himself.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bobtista posted:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

saltylopez posted:

Paige won the Diva's title while still holding the NXT title. On her very first Raw match.

And she's spent the remainder of her tenure on Raw trading wins with AJ in a bad storyline, which may be a fate as bad as getting smashed in 2 minutes by the devastating roll-up, depending on your perspective.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

And she's spent the remainder of her tenure on Raw trading wins with AJ in a bad storyline, which may be a fate as bad as getting smashed in 2 minutes by the devastating roll-up, depending on your perspective.

I guess they learned their lesson then :shepface:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

Hey now, there was that time they got something like 6 minutes for a match! :negative:

The worst part was that in that six minutes the crowd shifted from their standard,"CM PUNK!" chant to actual dueling chants for Paige and AJ, because they got invested in the action in the ring and then it was suddenly just over :sigh:

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

saltylopez posted:

I guess they learned their lesson then :shepface:

The company also blamed Paige for not getting over, and decided to give the belt to AJ and push her when she came back from her wedding.

So...yeah.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

the main roster divas are just there for kevin dunn to jack off to and michael hayes to coax into alcoholism

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Charlotte losing to a roll-up is particularly egregious because it was accompanied by "buy the Network to watch this lady defend her belt in a couple of days!". When Sami, Neville, Tyson and Breeze turn up on the main shows, they've typically been against each other—so it didn't really matter who won—or it's been a match "just because" so it's okay to make the trainee eat an easy pin. They've not been promoting an upcoming match when they've lost on their own.
By having a champion lose days before their title defence against somebody else you're basically saying "even the champion can't beat one of our regular girls (who doesn't even win that often anyway)". Why would anyone who doesn't already watch NXT be at all interested in seeing Sasha Banks fight Charlotte for the title when they've never heard of Sasha and Charlotte lost in unspectacular fashion? If I'm Joe Universe, I just saw allegedly the best NXT has to offer lose in a nothing match, so why would I hit up the Network to see them fight another nobody?

Having champions lose has been a WWE thing for a long time, but it only makes sense as part of a visible build towards a PPV title match. Unrelated loses are just dumb. Imagine if Brock turned up on Smackdown and lost to Luke Harper in a non-title match, while Cole tells you to watch TLC to see if John Cena can keep his #1 contender spot.

Roman Reigns posted:

The company also blamed Paige for not getting over, and decided to give the belt to AJ and push her when she came back from her wedding.

So...yeah.
Is there any kind of source/Meltzer guessing to suggest this? If anything, given the number of signs for her and people wearing her t-shirts that turn up in the crowds, and the amount of random merch they're churning out for her (Paige-branded sweatpants, anyone?), I would have thought she was plenty over.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

pressedbunny posted:

Is there any kind of source/Meltzer guessing to suggest this? If anything, given the number of signs for her and people wearing her t-shirts that turn up in the crowds, and the amount of random merch they're churning out for her (Paige-branded sweatpants, anyone?), I would have thought she was plenty over.

Unfortunately I didn't bookmark the site and can't find the link on reddit (which I found it originally). I did however come upon this while trying to search for it http://dailywrestlingnews.com/state-wwe-divas-vince-pulls-paige-promos-total-diva-getting-pushed/

Not exactly what I posted, but it suggests that the company were having second thoughts about Paige.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dailywrestlingnews dot com's "sources" are just "what the writer inferred based on the weekly television"

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Roman Reigns posted:

Unfortunately I didn't bookmark the site and can't find the link on reddit (which I found it originally). I did however come upon this while trying to search for it http://dailywrestlingnews.com/state-wwe-divas-vince-pulls-paige-promos-total-diva-getting-pushed/

Not exactly what I posted, but it suggests that the company were having second thoughts about Paige.

I believe the source on that is Richard Gray, and no one should listen to that guy.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

In that case forget what I said. For all I know the article I read from reddit is probably bullshit too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

regardless of where you read it or even who you read it about "the company blames Superstar for not getting over exactly like they wanted and gave up on them" isn't outside of the realm of possibility!