Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Glad I checked I this thread, I just got the Ultimate Edition on Steam sale and now I can finally play with the jsaywer mod. I was going to turn off all the CCO stuff because I figured they might not like each other or might make changes that don't go well with each other. I'm pleased to see that this is not the case and I can leave all my CCO stuff on!

e: aaaand the game doesn't want to recognize that I have a mouse. Just a small setback to overcome!

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Chomp8645 posted:

e: aaaand the game doesn't want to recognize that I have a mouse. Just a small setback to overcome!

It probably does recognize that you have a mouse, but if you have a controller plugged in it will also recognize that and then automatically disable mouse controls because Gamebryo does that and it's retarded. So if you have a controller plugged in, unplug it when you start the game (or go to the options menu with the controller and turn the controller off). If you don't have a controller plugged in then welp I dunno.

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
hehe

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

CJacobs posted:

It probably does recognize that you have a mouse, but if you have a controller plugged in it will also recognize that and then automatically disable mouse controls because Gamebryo does that and it's retarded. So if you have a controller plugged in, unplug it when you start the game (or go to the options menu with the controller and turn the controller off). If you don't have a controller plugged in then welp I dunno.

You can use DirectInput and keyboard at the same time. Just not Xinput and keyboard.

Also Gamebryo is responsible for some Civ games and the Freedom Force games. Janky, yeah, but the atrocities against best practices are all at the feet of Bethesda and their Creation Engine or whatever they call it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

That was it, thank you! That probably would have taken me a while to figure out on my own.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
^^^ np :respek:

Sir Unimaginative posted:

You can use DirectInput and keyboard at the same time. Just not Xinput and keyboard.

Also Gamebryo is responsible for some Civ games and the Freedom Force games. Janky, yeah, but the atrocities against best practices are all at the feet of Bethesda and their Creation Engine or whatever they call it.

Well, maybe I should have said "Gamebryo in FO3/NV". It is true that Gamebryo is only half of the reason the game engine for Fallout sucks.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I've installed a bunch of mods, including two which make Freeside and the Strip into open areas, Western Skies and the underground bunker from the OP(which was a bit too flashy so I replaced it with one that added a food crafting interface and some extra storage to the Novac motel room). Everything I've tested works swimmingly so far. Which just makes it all the more baffling that CASM, probably the first mod I installed, doesn't work at all. It says "CASM is saving" in the corner every five minutes but no save appears. The readme says if you press F4 that quicksaves, but pressing F4 does nothing. The readme says you can hold F4 to edit settings, but holding F4 does nothing. I'm a total noob so I don't even know where to begin trying to figure out why it doesn't work. Maybe it just doesn't work with Windows 8, the file hosted on the nexus is 4 years old after all.

On a less whiny note, reading through FOOK I saw they added DLC-specific loading screen tips. I don't want to play a full overhaul but I do like the sound of expanded loading screens. Is there a mod that adds those on their own that anyone knows about? Searching the nexus turned up some new loading screen pictures but nothing about tips or text.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If you have the mod configuration menu - and you probably should - check CASM's settings in there. It should be drop in and it works, but who knows.

anyway what's it say in MCM?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I didn't have MCM. Downloaded that and the compatible version of CASM, and MCM also doesn't work. I'm sure I hosed up something incredibly basic installing it, but whatever it was the mod manager itself didn't notice, as it told me the mod was installed successfully.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

2house2fly posted:

I didn't have MCM. Downloaded that and the compatible version of CASM, and MCM also doesn't work. I'm sure I hosed up something incredibly basic installing it, but whatever it was the mod manager itself didn't notice, as it told me the mod was installed successfully.

At this point, I feel like NVSE, itself, isn't working correctly, since MCM and CASM just plain won't function with a broken NVSE, but other mods might appear to work fine, even if they have a dependency on NVSE.

Are you running everything in administrator mode/with permissions?

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 7, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

2house2fly posted:

To expand on Cream's broken-NVSE-install-idea: Are you launching the game via nvse_loader.exe? If yes, open up the in-game console and type "GetNVSEVersion". The console should report something like "NVSE version: <number>". If the game throws an error at you about that being an invalid function, you either need to really check you're launching the game via nvse_loader.exe, or should go read NVSE's installation instructions and install it properly.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

:stare: you're right, I messed up installing the script extender. No idea how, but I installed it again and CASM popped up immediately. I tested it with the 4gb loader and now I'm just CASMing like a lunatic. Thanks for the help!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So since Nexus Mod Manager is total garbage that cannot even download when I press the DL with Manager button, I'm using FOMM. Will this work for most mods, or should I instead be using Mod Organizer?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You should only ever need to use FOMM.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CJacobs posted:

You should only ever need to use FOMM.

Okay. I tried using Mod Organizer once at the same time I had NMM installed, and I did something wrong, and ever since, NMM has never worked for me. If I can skip both and just use FOMM that's great.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How do you rearrange the ESMs in FnvEdit? Dead Money keeps loading before the New Vegas ESM and its preventing me from doing any cleaning.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Arcsquad12 posted:

How do you rearrange the ESMs in FnvEdit? Dead Money keeps loading before the New Vegas ESM and its preventing me from doing any cleaning.

The order that your mods are in when you load up FOMM is the order that your mods are in when you load them up in FNVEdit (or should be). To test this, I just opened up FOMM, moved STUN.esm--which was the last .esm to load in my loadout--to the very beginning of the load order (before even FalloutNV.esm), exited, and then loaded up FNVEdit. STUN.esm was at the top of the list, reflecting the change I made in FOMM.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ED-E disappeared on me so I summoned it with the console. Well, now it re-appeared and I have two ED-Es and Veronica following me. Dismissing one ED-E dismisses them both. How do I get back to having one ED-E?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The order that your mods are in when you load up FOMM is the order that your mods are in when you load them up in FNVEdit (or should be). To test this, I just opened up FOMM, moved STUN.esm--which was the last .esm to load in my loadout--to the very beginning of the load order (before even FalloutNV.esm), exited, and then loaded up FNVEdit. STUN.esm was at the top of the list, reflecting the change I made in FOMM.

Cool, thanks.

I've got my basic setup for my modded game. My load order looks like this after all the DLC esms:

YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
oHUD.esm
Project Nevada Core esm
Project Nevada Cyberware esp
Project Nevada Equipment esm
Project nevada rebalance esp
FCOMaster esm
BetterGame PerformanceV3 esp
YUP NPC fixes esp
Darnified UINV esp
Mod Configuration Menu esp
Weapon Mod Menu esp
WeaponModsExpanded esp
WMX DLC esp
WMX POP esp
WMX Arenovalis Textures esp
Project Nevada WMX esp
Project Nevada Dead Money esp
Project Nevada Old World Blues (no cyberware)esp
Project Nevada Honest HEarts esp
Project NEvada Lonesome Road esp
Project NEvada Gun Runners Arsenal esp
FCO Glowing One esp

I'm thinking of putting Nevada Skies and Electro City next.

Are the body mods worth checking out? Most of the new outfits are made for Type 3 woman and Roberts for men, but I don't know if I'd like all the clipping with none type 3 clothings.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Arcsquad12 posted:

Okay. I tried using Mod Organizer once at the same time I had NMM installed, and I did something wrong, and ever since, NMM has never worked for me. If I can skip both and just use FOMM that's great.
FOMM should work fine with F:NV, but it sounds like you broke the URL associations. Reinstalling NMM or apparently running it as Administrator and checking the preferences for an option to register it as the default handler should work, or in MO, you can use nxmhandler.exe to set up associations with the different MO folders you keep for each game.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Are the body mods worth checking out? Most of the new outfits are made for Type 3 woman and Roberts for men, but I don't know if I'd like all the clipping with none type 3 clothings.

None, IMO, but for Oblivion where the characters really looked like poo poo, Roberts was a good improvement.

The "Character Beautification" mods aren't really necessary for FNV, I feel.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Luigi Thirty posted:

ED-E disappeared on me so I summoned it with the console. Well, now it re-appeared and I have two ED-Es and Veronica following me. Dismissing one ED-E dismisses them both. How do I get back to having one ED-E?

You should have summoned them by their refID via prid xxxxxxxx moveto player.

To fix this, find the dupe ED-E while in console mode by clicking on them (the dupe will be marked as FFxxxxxx, as FF is the dynamic prefix for ingame summons) and enter the "zap" command. Don't do this to the real one or else the game will break in half (I'm serious)

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'm sorry but why would you not want 2 ED-Es following you around you monster.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Zeron posted:

The enemy in line of sight music doubling up would probably get real old real quick; otherwise not seeing a problem though!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Enemy sighted music in stereo~

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
The only way to make this better is to pull out the Mysterious Magnum every time.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Zeron posted:

Having two ED-Es breaks scripted conversations between NPCs somehow so I couldn't complete a quest in Hidden Valley until I dismissed them.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

:siren: top scoop!! :siren:

WNM beta content leaked:

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
I want to thank the folks who recommended Tales of the Burning Sands. It's been fun to actually have to break out scrap paper and a pencil to keep track of certain things (though I suppose I could've used notepad).

The only real criticism I have is the overtly verbose writing style, but I'm guessing (at this point) that it was used to convey the character in question (the Chef). If it's contained to this character alone, it's not even really a nitpick since it's easy to imagine that this guy just spent a tone of time reading and adopted a ridiculously flowery style of writing thanks to getting way too into old novels. It's still been enjoyable. Re: plot, I'll admit, I was halfway guessing what the ending to that would be, but I was still a bit surprised by it.

Looking forward to continuing on with the next couple chapters.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 11, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Old Boot posted:

I want to thank the folks who recommended Tales of the Burning Sands. It's been fun to actually have to break out scrap paper and a pencil to keep track of certain things (though I suppose I could've used notepad).

The only real criticism I have is the overtly verbose writing style, but I'm guessing (at this point) that it was used to convey the character in question (the Chef). Didn't really make sense to be that formal, given the character's origins, but if it's contained to this character alone, it's a relatively minor nitpick. It's still been enjoyable. Re: plot, I'll admit, I was halfway guessing what the ending to that would be, but I was still a bit surprised by it.

Looking forward to continuing on with the next couple chapters.

Yeah, Puce Moose is a very talented but wordy writer--something that can be a little distracting when you're supposed to be reading a letter written by a raider or wastelander or whatever and it's like the most hyper-literate raider I've ever loving seen.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, Puce Moose is a very talented but wordy writer--something that can be a little distracting when you're supposed to be reading a letter written by a raider or wastelander or whatever and it's like the most hyper-literate raider I've ever loving seen.

I'll take that to mean it keeps happening. :sigh:

Oh, well. Free content is free content, and I've enjoyed it so far. The word usage in The Chef was off-putting in places (the journal entry about having eaten the soup) but not enough to turn me off to the content. At the very least, it's nice to be challenged on something other than 'kill thing/have skill' in this game, though I'll admit I started overthinking some of the clues.

Like that nano-explodey-whatever thing, I figured the car would be on the main road and not RIGHT THERE at the loving monument, because, you know, follow the roadways or whatever, stare at whatever cars are there? Then I thought it might be impounded at the highway patrol and nope. I'll just assume it got blown off the road by a shockwave or something.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

CJacobs posted:

^^^ np :respek:

Well, maybe I should have said "Gamebryo in FO3/NV". It is true that Gamebryo is only half of the reason the game engine for Fallout sucks.

Don't smack talk gamebyro, smack talk bethesda's strange, hacked togethered, powered by necromancy gamebyro.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The fact that New Vegas exists at all is a miracle thanks to that engine. They spun gold out of poo poo. It's really obvious, because there are no good quest mods at all for New Vegas despite it being very popular. There are only somewhat not totally poo poo ones.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Anyone know what to do about the vendotron in the gun runners shop spawning hostile robots? I have monster mod and increased wasteland spawns installed so I'm assuming they are causing the issue to happen. I've done what IWS told me to in wrye flash but the issue is still happening. Changing the two mods load order doesen't seem to help either.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Dec 12, 2014

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Iretep posted:

Anyone know what to do about the vendotron in the gun runners shop spawning hostile robots? I have monster mod and increased wasteland spawns installed so I'm assuming they are causing the issue to happen. I've done what IWS told me to in wrye flash but the issue is still happening. Changing the two mods load order doesen't seem to help either.
Remove "RobotFaction" from vendortron in FNVEdit

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
How do I actually do that? I'm compleatly new to FNVedit and the only tutorials seem to just tell me how to do merged patches. I'm looking at the robot faction part too and it seems fallouNV.esm, momod and IWS all seem to have the robotfaction on it. Do I disable all of them?

Vhaluus
Mar 2, 2013
I'm having issues where I am getting random temporary freezes in game playing TTW and wondering if anyone has any insight.

I'm not talking stuttering, the game runs perfectly not dipping below 30fps even with ENB going and then suddenly it will freeze for several seconds before resuming as if nothing had happened. Initially I thought it was an ENB issue but even disabling it I get the same thing.

Mod list is probably too long to be easily diagnosed but I'm just crossing my fingers someone might have had the same issue themselves and have a solution, if not it's going to take me a long time to isolate due to its periodic nature.

Using Mod organizer and have already run loot over the load order.

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
Detect Traps.esm
Advanced Recon Tech.esm
Sortomatic.esm
TTWFixes.esm
TTW Redesigned.esm
TTWInteriors_Core.esm
TTWInteriorsProject_Combo.esm
Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm
StreetLights.esm
Vault 101 Revisited.esm
CCO - Follower Tweaks.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
NevadaSkies.esm
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
CCO - Classic Perks.esm
aHUD.esm
iHUD.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
XFO - 1aa - Accuracy Revamp - mild.esp
MMM NV geckos.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp
Regulator Armor.esp
CASM with MCM.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Lonesome Road.esp
CCO - Raul Crafting Add-on.esp
Boacombat2glove.esp
Detect Traps - Perk.esp
CCO - Follower Sneak Attacks Add-on.esp
RubblePilesFix.esp
CCO - Follower Weapon Auto-Repair.esp
grave_script_fix.esp
CCO - GC PN Rebalance Patch.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Dead Money.esp
CCO - CP PN Equipment Patch.esp
CCO - Rex Fetch Add-on.esp
Performance Of The Gods.esp
Clean Deluxe - TTW.esp
Flora Overhaul.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
ADAM - HH.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CCO - Damage Resistance.esp
CCO - DR PN Patch.esp
UnlimitedTraits.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance.esp
Expanded Traits.esp
Faster Terminals.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Honest Hearts.esp
JIP Companions Command & Control.esp
CCO - DR All DLC Patch.esp
MERGE Signature Equipment.esp
CCO - FT All DLC Patch.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - New Vegas Geckos.esp
NoComment_TTW.esp
Omegared99-M2081.esp
Quick Trade.esp
Stimpak Counter.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
MoreChems.esp
ADAM - Nemesis Armours.esp
Merge - TTW Optionals.esp
Regulators.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
Ephemeral Ash and Goo Piles.esp
RWD-TTW[Merged].esp
TTW MMM + EVE + TTW Redesigned.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
Project Nevada - TTW.esp
CCO - CP All DLC Patch.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
CCO - CP PN Patch.esp
CCO - CP PN Core Patch.esp
CCO - CP OWB PN Patch.esp
CCO - CP PN Rebalance Patch.esp
IMPACT.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
Advanced Recon - Merged TTW.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Old World Blues.esp
ADAM - LR.esp
IMPACT - AllDLC.esp
Project Nevada - WMX.esp
IMPACT-WMX.esp
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
WMX-EVE.esp
XFO - 4a - Perks - Paths.esp
CCO - PR PN Patch.esp
XFO - 6aa - Epic Skills - Effects Over 100 (NVSE req).esp
boa ncrpahelmet.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
tiesthatbind.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode3.esp
NevadaSkies - TTW Edition.esp
MTB.esp
ADAM - Rangers on Patrol.esp
Delay DLC - TTW.esp
CCO - Companion Development.esp
ADAM - MAIN.esp
Tailor Maid - TTW.esp
ADAM - Outcast Ranger Armour.esp
ADAM - Project Nevada Patch.esp
CCO - Accessible New Vegas Welcome Sign.esp
TFH Rugged Race.esp

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Iretep posted:

How do I actually do that? I'm compleatly new to FNVedit and the only tutorials seem to just tell me how to do merged patches. I'm looking at the robot faction part too and it seems fallouNV.esm, momod and IWS all seem to have the robotfaction on it. Do I disable all of them?
just the last one that has it

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Vhaluus posted:

I'm having issues where I am getting random temporary freezes in game playing TTW and wondering if anyone has any insight.

I'm not talking stuttering, the game runs perfectly not dipping below 30fps even with ENB going and then suddenly it will freeze for several seconds before resuming as if nothing had happened. Initially I thought it was an ENB issue but even disabling it I get the same thing.

I had the same issue, are you using Increased Wasteland Spawns or NV Stutter Reducer? You shouldn't with TTW at least.

Are you using NVAC? You Should!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Vhaluus posted:

Based on your load order all I can see that could cause it would be CASM when it saves.

Agents are GO! posted:

I had the same issue, are you using Increased Wasteland Spawns or NV Stutter Reducer? You shouldn't with TTW at least.

Are you using NVAC? You Should!

I ran NVSR with TTW with no issues. The heap replacer option of NVSR actually helped load times in my case.