Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

occamsnailfile posted:

I got a second package today! It had Pairs in it! Was this you? (stupid apartment office closes early)

Yep all three items were the Lightning Round Gift. Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

You... you guys do understand how secret santa works, right?

Look I've been traveling on nightshift for weeks I forgot! :doh:

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

You... you guys do understand how secret santa works, right?

It's where we tell everyone about it, right?

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Ack! This thread moves so fast this time of year, and I fell a little behind! :ohdear:

I got a Thing in the mail the other day: I received the Club Nintendo Super Smash Bros posters! Thanks, Santa! Someone's been creeping on my posts, and that's (probably) okay (I probably post way too much about Nintendo, haha)! :v: The mailman didn't want to give the tube to me at first, because it didn't have my name on it, and I was actually worried I accidentally got some poor jerk's Club Nintendo order when I saw the return address, but an email to Leperflesh cleared it all up! The mailman actually touched base with me the following day to make EXTRA SUPER SURE he was supposed to leave the poster tube with me, haha. I'll have to figure out a way to hang these downstairs in our gaming room!

In other news, my gift has been ordered, and my santee should have it Wednesday! :3:

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
A package arrived on Saturday! But I was at work. Collected it this morning, and it's bloody brilliant!

That's Zeppelin Attack, which looks great fun! Also a goblin pirate wearing a shark for a hat (that's...perfect!), a cool looking mix CD and chocolate. I can't wait to try them!

Thankyou, secret Santa! Also, impressive diligence on the wrapping and packaging!

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have gotten stuff from this Secret Santa yet, because I'm involved in a few Secret Santas this year and they are a little similar (mostly board game stuff). So far this is what I've received, so speak up if it's yours!

Starmada - Admiralty Edition
Warfighter - Although I'm almost 100% sure this one is from my Wargaming secret santa on BGG.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

tweekinator posted:

It's where we tell everyone about it, right?

Right, no, I mean, posting a message for your secret santee doesn't really work because your secret santee doesn't know that your message is for him or her, because they don't know that you're their secret santa. Yeah?

If you (or anyone) needs to let your secret santa know something, you can send me an email and I'll strip it of your identifying details and then forward it along.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Oh hey, a package!

Thanks! These look interesting to read, if not all necessarily fun to play!

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
Hey that's a me! I looked through the art for antagonists and it made me laugh so hard.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think my favorite part is the three-hole punches through Aliens Unlimited. I am going to store my book in a three-ring binder, this is the best idea!

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.
I got another present from my Santa; a game called Click Clack Lumberjack. It looks like a weird version of Jenga, and requires you to knock pieces of bark off with a tiny plastic axe :black101:.

This looks super fun. Thanks Santa! May death come swiftly to your enemies.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

What's that? A parcel delivery!

(cat not included)

And within:

Thanks, Santa! I've wanted to get the new Netrunner for a while having enjoyed the old one so much, and Forbidden Desert looks really fun. I can't wait to try them out.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Lightning Round 2 gift received! Thanks GoonSanta! Merry Goonmas to you, too :)

e: I'll also sign up for Lightning Round 3! My wishlist post is here

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 8, 2014

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

krushgroove posted:

Lightning Round 2 gift received! Thanks GoonSanta! Merry Goonmas to you, too :)

e: I'll also sign up for Lightning Round 3! My wishlist post is here

I have no idea how well they actually work on the table these days, but it's a bitchin' rad model and was on your list anyway, so enjoy!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dulkor posted:

I have no idea how well they actually work on the table these days, but it's a bitchin' rad model and was on your list anyway, so enjoy!

Apparently (IIRC) they're good for either vehicle-killing or slaughtering mofo's in assault, depending on their build (Chronos or Talos) and this guy will be getting magnetized so I can run him either way. Plus, lots of extra bits I can use on my soon-to-be-built Grotesques! I've got the old metal Talos as well and I've been wanting the new version since I got into 40K about 2 and a half years ago, so I can't wait to get him built and painted for a big Apocalypse game my group has at the start of the year :D Thanks very much!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Winter is here? That's cryptic, and who's Khador Klaus?

HOLY loving poo poo.

HOLY loving poo poo.

:ussr::fh:

My wife is way too excited about the Chineese Hell money. Laika (our Russian space cat) is excited about the familiar Soviet smell. I'm stoked about everything! There's a Battlegroup, a box of Widowmakers, A Marksman, Wardog, Jozef Grigorovich, and this guy right here:

Kovnik Andrei Malakov, the LE Kickstarter Khador Junior 'caster. And his coin.

This is perfect. I don't know if it was just random chance, or you stalked me across six threads to determine that fantasy Warmachine Russians and Hell money were the only things missing from my life. Because holy poo poo. Holy loving poo poo.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
What's this? A mysterious package has ended up on my doorstop!

A mysterious and...daintily prepared package!

Why, there's a note!

Hey hey, Shadowrun 4e and a campaign to go with it! Thanks, Secret Santa!!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
One of the rare cases when I'm actually home when the mail arrives, and what do I get?

Exactly what I asked for! Thank you Frozen_Flame!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Right, no, I mean, posting a message for your secret santee doesn't really work because your secret santee doesn't know that your message is for him or her, because they don't know that you're their secret santa. Yeah?

If you (or anyone) needs to let your secret santa know something, you can send me an email and I'll strip it of your identifying details and then forward it along.

I just shouted my message into the secret santa void trusting that the message would get through. But I'll send you an email as well; couldn't hurt.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Ooh lookie here, a parcel for me? From that slight rattle I think we can guess what this is, so first step: Obligatory Feline Inspection!

EDIT - I give up on making this picture appear anything but enormous. drat thing comes out huge no matter what I do to it. :/

It is here! Secret Santa has employed not-so-secret mail services and delivered nicely wrapped shinies! Yay!

Now I was in two minds if I should open them now or to wait for Christmas so compromised and opened the card. The message within contained heavy hints so gave me the flimsy excuse needed to open the rest! It also revealed my not-so-secret Santa to be Zark the Damned who did his homework. ;)

As modelled by Stop-pointing-that-camera-at-me-Cat and Mrs Ugleb. The Army Painter starter paints set and a pair of PHR Enyo Siege Walkers for Dropzone Commander, both excellent choices Zark so thank you very much! The Enyo's are a great pick as they complement the Odin and Hyperion Heavy Walkers I already have giving me a nice core of stompy mechs for my fledgling force. If you deduced that from the Oath thread then well done, you guessed correctly! The paints are great too, I haven't started on my Oath yet so they are well timed.

Thanks again, I'll put it all to good use. :)

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 9, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
So a package from Amazon was waiting for me when I got home. Apparently it is a Secondary Supplement for Super Secret Santa, and given the contents I am assuming it is from this one...

because it's a copy of Reign Enchidrion. The 'oh sweet' as I opened up was very much out loud. Thank you!

I will see if I can get some good cat pictures with all of this soon. :3:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Spincut posted:

Hey hey, Shadowrun 4e and a campaign to go with it! Thanks, Secret Santa!!

You're welcome! Mostly I'm just glad that incredibly bad package made it there intact. This is what happens when it's late at night and you realize the packing materials available to you are bubblewrap, an old LP mailer, and gaff tape.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Antivehicular posted:

You're welcome! Mostly I'm just glad that incredibly bad package made it there intact. This is what happens when it's late at night and you realize the packing materials available to you are bubblewrap, an old LP mailer, and gaff tape.

Orkish Package Engineering is a hell of a thing.

Also, apologies to my Lightning Round 2 santee, but I'm not going to be able to get a gift to you until next week. I'll try to make it extra special though!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I have received both of my packages!

Thank you!

This next one was also gift-wrapped (and massive!) but I forgot to take a picture of the wrapped box.

So have this instead:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ho Ho Ho!

Thunderstone Advance is from me. I've been enjoying my copy a lot, I hope you have fun with it.

Also I love your catte. I bet he or she smells my cattes on the wrapping paper. I'm sure at least one of them rubbed face on it.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 10, 2014

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Ho Ho Ho!

Thunderstone Advance is from me. I've been enjoying my copy a lot, I hope you have fun with it.

Also I love your catte. I bet he or she smells my cattes on the wrapping paper. I'm sure at least one of them rubbed face on it.

It's quite good timing, actually, as I've been attending a board games club lately so now I have something to bring!

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
I have received my gift! It is coup and the expansion, as well as a flash drive full of anime which I am totally down for. Thank you mysterious santa. Also a very sleepy dog.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I love that this thread has become an excuse to post pet pictures and then gifts as afterthought.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
A box from Finland?!

It's from Lord Hypnostache!

A DVD of a Finnish horror movie, a boardgame called The African Star, some chocolate and a bag of weird candy! Awesome :D

Sion fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 10, 2014

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I have just received a large box in the mail, and I've received instructions to open this immediately.

Looks promising.

I appreciate this gift already. Thanks Santa! :)

But anyway, not pictured is the packing material made from an old D&D book and two other things: a hat and coat

Also not pictured are four additional presents with writing on each of them them: Open immediately; 1 Like Worm Sign; 2 It's a secret; 3 Like let's plays but lonely. I think I was meant to open the latter three on Saturnalia, but lacked the insight. In spirit of thathe - I think - I'll show you the 'open immediately' gift first then edit the post with the rest later on or if requested to do it earlier:

Yay! Some sherry! What's also pictured is a Syracuse shirt that came with the sherry. Thanks again Santa!

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 10, 2014

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I have just received a large box in the mail, and I've received instructions to open this immediately.

Looks promising.

I appreciate this gift already. Thanks Santa! :)

But anyway, not pictured is the packing material made from an old D&D book and two other things: a hat and coat

Also not pictured are four additional presents with writing on each of them them: Open immediately; 1 Like Worm Sign; 2 It's a secret; 3 Like let's plays but lonely. I think I was meant to open the latter three on Saturnalia, but lacked the insight. In spirit of thathe - I think - I'll show you the 'open immediately' gift first then edit the post with the rest later on or if requested to do it earlier:

Yay! Some sherry! What's also pictured is a Syracuse shirt that came with the sherry. Thanks again Santa!

I had wondered if you would approve of my random packing materials! My adviser absolutely loves costumes and costuming so she is constantly giving me costume stuff that I might like. The syracuse shirt comes from a recruitment event. I hate packing things with peanuts or paper that you buy for packing so old discarded, clean costumes from my adviser and paper from the dozens of extra copies of the dungeon master's guide i've ended up with have been serving me well.

Enjoy the Sherry! I had to buy myself some so i'd learn what it tastes like.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I received a package last Friday, but like an idiot I didn't check my mailbox! My building manager brought it down once I heard that it had arrived and my Santa was getting worried.

What was inside?

Why, Dwarven Foundry Bronze Dragon Scale Dice!

Thanks Santa! Now I can really gently caress up my foot when I step on a d4! :v:

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 11, 2014

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Oh also, I received a package in the mail (yesterday?!)!!!

Inside was one copy of a game I had heard of but never thought of looking into: Mr. Jack!.

Mr. Jack, my wife, and I will be sitting down to play this game hopefully tonight as we decorate our christmas tree. I'm looking forward to it quite a bit as games that my wife shows interest in are almost always a blast.

Thank you, mystery goon! In my hysteria at the end of this semester, I forgot to take a picture of the package. However, I will take some pictures tonight!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Odin finally woke up and is making his next delivery. One more to go and after that, pray for a miracle.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Odin finally woke up and is making his next delivery. One more to go and after that, pray for a miracle.

Would this be Main Round santee #2, or #4?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

Would this be Main Round santee #2, or #4?

Should be #2 on my list. Hope it doesn't get lost on the way.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Despite the fact that I put in an order quite a while ago, my gift has only now been shipped. The website I ordered from is apparently not very good.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

Despite the fact that I put in an order quite a while ago, my gift has only now been shipped. The website I ordered from is apparently not very good.

This is fairly typical for smaller online retailers during the christmas rush. Many will only promise to ship "in time for christmas", delaying non-urgent/priority orders. Some are worse than that: we've had online retailers list items as shipped days or weeks before actually shipping them, fail to list backordered or out of stock or discontinued items as such, ship pre-damaged items, ship items to the buyer instead of the shipping address provided, and so forth.

I'd say if they got it out this week, it's very likely to be on time, so you're doing OK.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Say what you will about Amazon, they make the packages run on time :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

PuttyKnife posted:

Oh also, I received a package in the mail (yesterday?!)!!!

Inside was one copy of a game I had heard of but never thought of looking into: Mr. Jack!.

Mr. Jack, my wife, and I will be sitting down to play this game hopefully tonight as we decorate our christmas tree. I'm looking forward to it quite a bit as games that my wife shows interest in are almost always a blast.

Thank you, mystery goon! In my hysteria at the end of this semester, I forgot to take a picture of the package. However, I will take some pictures tonight!

There should've been a card that revealed who the true murderer Santa was. Well at least I'd assume so; since it wasn't me, Leperflesh has my alibi I swear.

• Locked thread