Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

T1g4h posted:

Except with hosed up, crackhead looking teeth. Never took care of them growing up, so now i'm kinda screwed :v:

Also that's my only decent self portrait to date.

Well yeah if your self esteem is in the shitter good luck. Usually if you have any kind of self worth and a few pluses (in shape, sense of humor, decent looking, big dick) it's a gimmie. Women can usually overlook (some) physical drawbacks as long as you're pleasant to be around and not a total jerkoff.

If my teeth were screwed up I'd devote every extra penny I had to getting them fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 208 days!)

code:
Louisville, KY, United States	12/09/2014	4:30 P.M.	Departure Scan
Whitestown, IN, United States	12/08/2014	10:30 P.M.	Departure Scan
Louisville, KY, United States	12/08/2014	5:30 P.M.	Arrival Scan
Logistics. :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

leica posted:

Well yeah if your self esteem is in the shitter good luck. Usually if you have any kind of self worth and a few pluses (in shape, sense of humor, decent looking, big dick) it's a gimmie. Women can usually overlook (some) physical drawbacks as long as you're pleasant to be around and not a total jerkoff.

If my teeth were screwed up I'd devote every extra penny I had to getting them fixed.

My problem is, i'm basically just gonna need to get the ones that are left pulled and go full on dentures, and right now, that's not really doable. I like to think I make up for it at least slightly with snark and boundless optimism, but eh.

Also, me never wanting kids is really not helping my chances :v:

e: Don't get me wrong, I don't think i'm hideous by any means. I'm not terrible looking, just... average, with lovely teeth.

rscott posted:

It's not about looks, it's about confidence and self esteem, anyone who's friends with me on facebook knows I'm not some sort of hideous monster, I just feel like one most days

Also this. Where's Elmnt80, he's hung out with me before, he can vouch that i'm not a terrible person or anything, I just feel like I resemble one :v:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 9, 2014

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Awesome. That's essentially my plan. Same distance too. I have essentially a clear line of sight between the buildings, which should make this painless.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Cakefool posted:

There's some ugly bastards where I work I know they're getting laid, how bad do you guys look exactly?

e: I'm married, so there's that.

It's not about looks, it's about confidence and self esteem, anyone who's friends with me on facebook knows I'm not some sort of hideous monster, I just feel like one most days

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Managed to get a good one over on my coworkers, came out of the bathroom looking a little rough and they asked if I was okay. Somehow off the top of my head I said 'no, the rash came back. gently caress, I'm gonna have to call my dad and tell him to get tested.'

Coworkers: :stonk:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cakefool posted:

I was feeling down and lovely at work today so when the Brammer guy came round I had him get the Wera catalogue out & treated the maintenance guys under me to combi screwdrivers, colour-coded allen keys, stubby widejaw adjustable spanners and :catdrugs:19" DEMO SCREWDRIVERS:catdrugs:

Made me feel a hell of a lot better, and Wera is good poo poo.

I treated myself to some little Wera screwdriver bits due to others being complete loving bullshit and camming out under little torque when involved in the time critical assembly of speaker cabinets which use polyurethane glue which sets in minutes. There's no time to gently caress about and everything else failed me and I thought I'd try Wera and now I'll not buy anything else, it was such a joy to put poo poo together with those bits. I think I've killed one bit in a total of 4 cabinets built and maybe 3-400 screws driven. I'd say that's a decent run considering how hamfisted I can be.

Also Tesla S? loving moves, man. Boot was laid down, back end squatted and squirmed as it put the power down and it just shot forward with zero delay and pushed you right back into your seat as the horizon approached quicker and quicker. It's so loving weird being in a quiet car where all you can hear is a bit of road and wind noise.

And the control panel is ridiculous, it's a loving 24" 16:10 monitor in portrait mode slapped in the middle of the dash. Hilarious. It does work very nicely though and due to everything being controlled through it, makes the interior super clean.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

the spyder posted:

Awesome. That's essentially my plan. Same distance too. I have essentially a clear line of sight between the buildings, which should make this painless.

Seriously, I cannot recommend their gear highly enough. This is also in a neighborhood where the 2.4GHz band is congested to death. I was going to mount the one in my garage actually on the front of my house, but when the signal was already perfect without that... :effort:

I think I put $180 into the whole setup.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Cakefool posted:

There's some ugly bastards where I work I know they're getting laid, how bad do you guys look exactly?

Triathlons are well know to make women skinny and men hot - and there is a plenty of what you would call otherwise poo poo hot highly athletic men who don't get laid. Plenty of those are firmly in the nice guy category too.

The "I want to get laid" problem has a lot less to do with looks and more to do with attitude. Looks help of course but it not the all on this.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Someone on yikyak was trying to hook up at the campus library, so i responded to meet at the 4th floor stairwell(that I happen to be sitting near). Based on his response this ugly bastard drove all the way across campus to go to an empty stairwell.

This is what I do instead of studying

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Tusen Takk posted:

Someone on yikyak was trying to hook up at the campus library, so i responded to meet at the 4th floor stairwell(that I happen to be sitting near). Based on his response this ugly bastard drove all the way across campus to go to an empty stairwell.

This is what I do instead of studying

Forgot to bring your fursuit?

E: I have been reading far too much Gibbis.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Viggen posted:

...now that you say it, I knew I was forgetting something.

Dammit.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

the spyder posted:

Any experience with the NANO/PICO line? I'm picking up a set of M5's this weekend to do a PTP between our house/new shop.

I've used both, and we're looking to do an 'Alpha' test from my office to my home and get a feel for rang and power.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Looking at starting a Wireless ISP.

Somebody stop meeeeeeeee....

Where are you located and are you willing to hire a very part-time still-taking-classes CCNA?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Horse Divorce posted:

Where are you located and are you willing to hire a very part-time still-taking-classes CCNA?

>conf t-comanchee
#plumb fueline0

:v:

Tusen Takk posted:

...now that you say it, I knew I was forgetting something.

Dammit.

Redheaded irish-aussie-us fursuit. Sounds like an FX show, now that I think about it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Viggen posted:

Don't even say that in jest, no one deserves to be called furry.

Unless you are one - in which case, go get yiffed by an elephant.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Horse Divorce posted:

Right now its very small, we're in pre-alpha stages. We just bought the equipment, don't even have routers yet.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

fjelltorsk posted:

But my doctor told me monday that my prognosis is up to 85% chance of survival, so i probably should not complain.
Hell yeah not bad man :hfive: Stay positive.

They blocked SA at work for a while (customer network) but between VPN, various work arounds and 3G it wasn't bad. Only lasted a couple weeks but was mildly annoying.

Dating chat always seems to pop up once a month or so. Always the same thing and the same advice. I haven't dated in years, maybe I'm broken but I don't miss it much.

Rain earlier, still drizzling and the temp just keeps droppings. If it gets down to freezing like they think it's going to be interesting attempting to get to work tomorrow. Way too much poo poo going on at work that I physically need to be there for but if the hill ices there's no way.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Cat Terrist posted:

Don't even say that in jest, no one deserves to be called furry.

Its TT. That is excusable.

NitroSpazzz posted:

[...]

I haven't dated in years, maybe I'm broken but I don't miss it much.

I no longer hate you for your disposable income that dwarfs my (prior to 2013) savings.

Rhyno posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress.

She just wants to borrow your printer.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 10, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The previously flirtatious 19 year old came back today.

She brought me flowers.

I don't even know what the gently caress.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

NitroSpazzz posted:

I haven't dated in years, maybe I'm broken but I don't miss it much.
Pretty much.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Cakefool posted:

e: I'm married, so there's that.

So you never get laid? :v:

leica posted:

My teeth arent perfect, I make chewbacca look twinkish, but I have other things to make up for it.

Cat Terrist posted:

Unless you are one - in which case, go get yiffed by an elephant.

I thought we agreed to not bring this up here.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I have two of the Nanostation Loco M5s on a... 150' or so link. One is inside of a window pointing at the other, which is laying on its side on a shelf inside my garage.

Full-speed, full-strength signal despite blasting through my garage door and at least two trees that are dead in the way. I literally have not had to log into either end of the link for a year+ at this point.

I love ubiquiti stuff, I worked for a ISP that would provide data to trailer parks, we used Bellairs and Ubi, ubiquiti stuff was so easy to use and worked pretty well for which might be one of the most unforgiving wireless environments, seriously gently caress trailer parks. Had Nanos that linked to bullets, that would then feed into a Nms5 for the backhaul links.

We use ruckus stuff right now in Miami right now, it's ok, our FTs don't mount the ant that well so every storm poo poo gets flaky.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

Dating chat
I've tried a few dating sites recently and it feels so strange, especially writing about yourself in a positive manner meant to be appealing. Rarely does anyone respond to messages either, it seems.

I think I'll just close it out soon and hope I come across someone cool just by doing the things that I enjoy (unlikely)

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
At this point the only way I'll be getting another girlfriend is if she somehow wanders out of the woods into my yard/garage while I'm wrenching on something and decides to stick around. I'm putting no effort into it anymore, don't really feel like exposing my many neuroses and flaws upon another person anyways.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Terrible Robot posted:

At this point the only way I'll be getting another girlfriend is if she somehow wanders out of the woods into my yard/garage while I'm wrenching on something and decides to stick around. I'm putting no effort into it anymore, don't really feel like exposing my many neuroses and flaws upon another person anyways.

Please tell me you'll have the decency to have her chipped, spayed, and immunized. :ohdear:

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Terrible Robot posted:

The minute you stop looking, one will fall in your lap. That's how I found the good ones, anyways (and the one I married).

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Viggen posted:

I no longer hate you for your disposable income that dwarfs my (prior to 2013) savings.
:glomp:

Wally Joyner posted:

I've tried a few dating sites recently and it feels so strange, especially writing about yourself in a positive manner meant to be appealing. Rarely does anyone respond to messages either, it seems.
Yeah gave dating sites a shot before, not a fan and nothing really came of it. Tinder is entertaining but lately all my matches are bots.

Finally sitting around watching Breaking Bad in the background while doing some work crap. Pretty decent show so far.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I had to google what yiffing was and wow, what a thing :stonk:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Finally sitting around watching Breaking Bad in the background while doing some work crap. Pretty decent show so far.
It's great, but somehow, even though it's well-written in almost every other aspect, pretty much every female character is downright annoying. I swear they must have put effort into it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

TooLShack posted:

I love ubiquiti stuff, I worked for a ISP that would provide data to trailer parks, we used Bellairs and Ubi, ubiquiti stuff was so easy to use and worked pretty well for which might be one of the most unforgiving wireless environments, seriously gently caress trailer parks. Had Nanos that linked to bullets, that would then feed into a Nms5 for the backhaul links.

We use ruckus stuff right now in Miami right now, it's ok, our FTs don't mount the ant that well so every storm poo poo gets flaky.

That is my biggest concern: Outside of torrential rain, how bad does weather affect them?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Tusen Takk posted:

I kind of feel bad for this, since SA broke my own "wtf is a furry" cherry- but I didn't even do this to you- some loving Aussie did. :keke:

NitroSpazzz posted:

Its pretty good, but had a weak-rear end ending, and a lot of the drama built up in the middle was actually just boring and cursing with threats. Kind of like I do every time I run into a rusted bolt which rarely happens since i usually buy nearly rust-free here

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Tusen Takk posted:

I dont have much inclination to think badly of a subset of humanity .... but clearly a bunch of furries need to get some serious mental health checks.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

CommieGIR posted:

That is my biggest concern: Outside of torrential rain, how bad does weather affect them?

Not too bad, big thing was to make sure you had clear line of sight. A lot of FTs would do stupid poo poo like point the Nanos at the wrong tower and have trees in the way or just poor mounting job so in storms stuff would get rattled around or crap drip loops and stuff get way too wet. Try to use 5ghz as much as you can, 2.4ghz is mighty crowded, gently caress ATTs 2Wire wireless routers.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Viggen posted:

Please tell me you'll have the decency to have her chipped, spayed, and immunized. :ohdear:

I'd probably get a kennel and a nice leash, too :pervert:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

TooLShack posted:

Not too bad, big thing was to make sure you had clear line of sight. A lot of FTs would do stupid poo poo like point the Nanos at the wrong tower and have trees in the way or just poor mounting job so in storms stuff would get rattled around or crap drip loops and stuff get way too wet. Try to use 5ghz as much as you can, 2.4ghz is mighty crowded, gently caress ATTs 2Wire wireless routers.

We're looking at both, Atlanta and Lawrenceville is hilly/woody so we gotta cover our bases.

Hopefully I'll have something good to report out of this.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Network stuffs:
I've got cable internet and a Motorola docs is 3.0 modem/router/wireless ap. It really doesn't seem to like torrents, and now that I've got a Chromecast, it hates chromecasts with torrents, and usually requires a power cycle otherwise it's insanely slow and lack throughput.

Would it help to unload and use it strictly as a modem? Get something else for switching and use a ubiquity wireless ap?

Dating chat:
If you're unhappy with yourself, how do you expect someone to be happy with you?

In the end, it's about 90% mental.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

mafoose posted:

Network stuffs:
I've got cable internet and a Motorola docs is 3.0 modem/router/wireless ap. It really doesn't seem to like torrents, and now that I've got a Chromecast, it hates chromecasts with torrents, and usually requires a power cycle otherwise it's insanely slow and lack throughput.

Would it help to unload and use it strictly as a modem? Get something else for switching and use a ubiquity wireless ap?

Buy your own modem, get an ASUS Router, and be amazed.

Never trust the Modem/Router/WAP combos the ISP offers you. They tend to be really lovely quality

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 10, 2014

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I used an Apple Airport Express and it's great, plus I can gently caress with all the settings from my phone.

it just werks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

I used an Apple Airport Express and it's great, plus I can gently caress with all the settings from my phone.

it just werks

You can do that with any router. However, the Apple stuff tends to mess with VPN solutions and causes NAT issues for port forwarding.

*Just to be clear, I hate Apple products.

• Locked thread