Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
And she foreverially enjoying it, fully tiedup and loving it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Is that the one with the Bologna tongue?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

These loss.jpg are getting more and more complex.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

WarpedNaba posted:

Is that the one with the Bologna tongue?
Yes.

I.N.R.I posted:

if there were more garbage cans, it would be harder to litter, as the dropped litter would have a higher chance on landing in one.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

quote:

This reminds me of when I played Diablo 2. I bound weapon swapping to the space bar. One day while playing I started weapon swapping repeatedly and didn't know why. I looked down and my gut was resting on the space bar. I told my friends I had to lose weight and they were like "wait, wait, you're going to get in shape to improve your video gameplay?"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dingleberry posted:

This kid looks way cooler.

holocaust bloopers posted:

+ Lightweight
+ Blind Eye
+ Scavenger

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nanomashoes posted:

this is the first time anyone has said this but Bosnia and Herzegovina are doing something right

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

beanieson posted:

Whatever man, don't assign your gender roles to my reindeer sweater.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Ah yes, the most magical part of the Santa fable: thousands of ants.

Screaming Idiot posted:

"Remember children, Santa Claus is actually a sentient pile of ants in a red suit. Nightmare Before Christmas is just a very skewed version of the real story."

Screaming Idiot posted:

HELLO CHILDREN. ANTA CLAUS HAS COME WITH YOUR SEASONAL MATERIAL BAUBLES. BRING TO ANTA CLAUS YOUR SUGAR COOKIES, CLACK-CLACK.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Corridor posted:

i really hope ralp has a meltdown that causes him to leave SA, to show us all how much we need him and how soon we'll be begging him to come back to us when funny jokes and human conversation explode across the forums in anarchic confusion

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That is a very funny quote and you can totally get the context and point.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

:vince:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Buzkashi posted:

Well it's not the first time Bill Cosby was forced on an unwilling victim

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Regarding TCC

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

its about harm reduction but if you do all the H you end up with arm reduction

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Meowbot posted:

Maybe someone has a chart that says people are less interested in the geNre, maybe there are less good directors making horror movies. I don't know enough bout the industry so I am generally curious. Maybe with all the ISIS and ebola the real horrir is on earth and we dont need as much in the movies. Makes you think.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

CzarChasm posted:

Regarding TCC

There's a lot to choose from in that thread really.

mysterious frankie posted:

TCC Goon Dad: Son, you're getting to that age where you're going to want to... experiment with drugs and I know I can't stop you, so I want you to look at this educational forum that should help keep you safer than you would be otherwise *sets child down in front of forums*

FIVE DAYS LATER

*shambling child that now looks like the sloth victim from Se7en flops onto the couch next to dad. tendrils of purple smog begin to ooze from his mouth*

TCC Goon Dad: to self Man, my kid can loving party *lifts crack pipe to lips*.

mysterious frankie posted:

If you've never loosened up and allowed yourself the freedom to accidentally fly head first off of a stolen dirt bike after snorting a powder made out of the dried up foam that accumulates on the surfaces of bodies of water near Chinese factories, then I just literally don't know what to say to you *rolls away in Stephen Hawking robot chair*

Captain_Maclaine posted:

TCC goon 1: frustrated "Cram it up your rear end, pal."
TCC goon 2: "I'm trying, but all the ground glass from the shady Chinese supply house is cutting me pretty badly!
TCC goons 3-n: choral "That means its working, enjoy the smooth sailing!"

I'm not sure if this one originally came from SA or not, regarding Chinese research chemicals:

quote:

As for effects i have no idea lol it's like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to hospital.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Kimmalah posted:

I'm not sure if this one originally came from SA or not, regarding Chinese research chemicals:

That's from elsewhere and I think it was actually about DPH of all things (Benadryl).

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I would have assumed datura, based on what I've read.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Kimmalah posted:

I found the poster who shared the ocarina quote, but he didn't give a source:

Steampunk iPhone posted:

Here's a cool story of a man repeatedly loving himself up on fake weed chemicals. Like phenazepam this drug is dosed in micrograms and impossible to measure accurately without lab equipment.
It sounds like not a good drug to do.

edit: wasn't SA, found one of those weird forum archive pages with it:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-735246.html

quote:

Hospitalised me 3 times, this one is potent chaps, don't listen to them stupid people talking about eye balling. As for effects i have no idea lol it's like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to hospital.

The drug is apparently "New cannabinoid, MMB-CHMINACA"

...how do you do a drug that you don't enjoy and puts you straight into the hospital THREE TIMES

theflyingorc has a new favorite as of 21:32 on Dec 9, 2014

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Wheany posted:

bring back the old recaptcha. i used to get photos of building numbers and pieces of scanned text and captchas that are were only distorted (but just one color)

now with the "i'm not a robot" check mark i instead get these completely unreadable horribly distorted texts with variable background.

Boxturret posted:

im so sorry you had to find out you were a robot this way

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

theflyingorc posted:

I found the poster who shared the ocarina quote, but he didn't give a source:

It sounds like not a good drug to do.

edit: wasn't SA, found one of those weird forum archive pages with it:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-735246.html

The drug is apparently "New cannabinoid, MMB-CHMINACA"

...how do you do a drug that you don't enjoy and puts you straight into the hospital THREE TIMES

Thanks, it was hard to tell because it's kind of become a running joke.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

addiction?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"it's like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to hospital." is an amazing phrase, no matter how hosed up the person saying it is.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

RAGE HOLE posted:

I also know a Tumblr person who identified as asexual until she became sexually obsessed with an industrial cement drill. They can't all have happy endings.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

There was a docu a while ago where a guy was studying wild cheetahs. One "attacked" him, and he basically fought it off with less effort you'd use when playing with a large dog. A couple of slaps and kick that didn't connect, and that was enough to get the cheetah to run off.

Solice Kirsk posted:

So easier than trying to fight off a goose.

Abalone Malone posted:

she ran out of snacks

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The cheetah didn't.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
From "How not to get shot":

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

No part of the image bothered me. I just wanted to know if you could shoot a gun in space or not.

I was asking for a friend.

Powercrazy posted:

Yes you can shoot modern ammo in space. Don't shoot too much though because the gun will burn your hand.

Bar Crow posted:

Not even third degree burns would stop a cop from shooting at the blackness of space.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Drunk Tomato posted:

Ah, yes. Mr. Alexi Ogando. Sit right back and I will tell you the tale of how I - some drunk-rear end goon - ruined the promising career of this major league reliever.

Ogando had taken up with a friend of a friend a few years back. She had met him in a seedy dive bar while vacationing in Texas, after which they casually dated for some time. Of course, Ogando used the "I'm a Major League Pitcher" line to hook girls that would otherwise not be interested in him at all. He is a VERY ugly dude. My friend's friend, Amy, was about ten years his junior, and unfortunately not very adapt at recognizing warning signs or bad behavior. I think it's fair to say that Ogando had a girl in every city that he traveled to with the Rangers.

While texting and sporadically meeting up with Ogando whenever he was in town, Amy also began dating one of my best friends on the side. She lied to him throughout the entire relationship, claiming that things were over between her and Ogando, all the while sneaking off to see him whenever she could. This isn't the important part of the story, but it helps you to understand why exactly I started out with such an intense hatred for this guy.

Eventually, we researched this mystery MLB pitcher online (I didn't recognize the name) and discovered that he had been banned from entering the United States for five or ten years, through 2010. Ogando had been caught human trafficking. 

Yes, a major league pitcher had been banned from the country for selling people into sex slavery. 

So anyway, that April or May the Rangers came to town to play an early-season game. Ogando had been having a great year thus far. As it happens, I ended up attending one of the games against the Rangers. I had at this point forgotten about the whole mess. The starter struggled, and who should be called to take over: Mr. Alexi Ogando!

I was still angry at him. I started shouting insults, par for the course in a baseball game. Ogando looked to be in control and lasted a good while. On his third inning, however, he gave up a walk and a hit. 

Tying run on third. 

The stadium hushed in quiet anticipation. 

I screamed at the top of my lungs, right as he entered his delivery, "HUMAN TRAFFICKING IS EVIL". It was loud, and I swear even the television cameras picked it up.

Hit. Walk. Hit. Runs scored! And with that, the game was in the bag, Ogando left in shame, and I left happy. He had a string of bad games after that, and suffered his season-ending injury only a week or two later.

I realize athletes get yelled at by the crowds every day. I understand that it is probably just a coincidence that he started struggling, and then got hurt, right after The Yell. But, I like to think that I ruined the baseball career, or at least the 2014 season, for a human trafficking rear end in a top hat.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Well he sold people into sex slavery in the sense that he was one of 30 Dominican minor leaguers who agreed to sham marriages to let women piggyback into the US on their work visas and he's had durability and consistency issues for a long time but sure, you really got him good

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

paranoid randroid posted:

my schools DARE program had a talking cop car with hydraulics that could make it dance

Centripetal Horse posted:

Your school's DARE program consisted of simulating tripping balls?

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

FCKGW posted:

Why is the soundtrack for The Social Network playing over my awesome disaster movie.

What a terrible choice for music.

CelticPredator posted:

A lot of trailers are doing this now. Taking a popular song, making a slow, depressing version of it, and then slapping it on a trailer for "irony".

Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Doesn't work here at all.

Ave Azaria posted:

Aaaa liiiiiittllllleeee bbiiiittt oooffff Mmmmooonnnniiicccaaa iiinnn mmmyyy llliiiiffffeeee

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Oh my god

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

e: nm.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm not sure I'm getting the full joke. Did something happen to Lou Bega?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Mambo No. 5 carries great comedic resonance for us

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I lost my virginity to one of the few women not named in that song.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Supersonic Shine posted:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Mambo No. 5 carries great comedic resonance for us

Essentially this

Without tramplingly explaining the humor to death, in many ways it's just the best song to pick for that reference in terms of how much we've all forgotten it and yet how quickly the memories come flooding back and how poorly it would translate into a melancholy mood piece. It was like opening a gift and having another wrapped gift inside, and then one more inside that one, all in one series of quoted posts

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Well, now I can sleep at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Supersonic Shine posted:

Yeah it was just really funny and made me laugh. :shrug:

• Locked thread