Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

cobalt impurity posted:

Go gently caress yourself. Sometimes I don't have a hair elastic on me at work, but I always have a handful of zip ties! :argh:

That sounds like an unusual situation, and you should probably re-prioritize your loose-thing-retainers budget.

Also, is that a Pokemon? Google says it's a Pokemon, but it looks like the character from Bubble Bobble, to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

cobalt impurity posted:

Go gently caress yourself. Sometimes I don't have a hair elastic on me at work, but I always have a handful of zip ties! :argh:

Just leave your hair down like an animal.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Yes it is Bub from Bubble Bobble.

Lifehack: relax and be free!

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.
Oh Buzzfeed, you never disappoint.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/life-saving-holiday-hacks-that-are-borderline-genius

:allears:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Ah yes, the most magical part of the Santa fable: thousands of ants.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Lifehack: Let your kids believe in Santa Claus for as long as possible, then let them catch you putting presents under the tree. When they start crying, let them down gently, and assure them that Jesus Christ is real. When they grow up and get into a major auto accident and they only have moments to live, whisper to them the truth: their faith is a lie, and the only thing following our meager existence is a cold, unfeeling void.

Moms HATE this weird trick!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Ah yes, the most magical part of the Santa fable: thousands of ants.
My parents did this one year with actual ash from our fireplace. I was no older than three and it was completely awesome.

If it had been sugar, I'm sure I would remember it just as clearly, but for a different reason. :gonk:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
"Remember children, Santa Claus is actually a sentient pile of ants in a red suit. Nightmare Before Christmas is just a very skewed version of the real story."

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

"Remember children, Santa Claus is actually a sentient pile of ants in a red suit. Nightmare Before Christmas is just a very skewed version of the real story."

This is my favorite SCP.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
HELLO CHILDREN. ANTA CLAUS HAS COME WITH YOUR SEASONAL MATERIAL BAUBLES. BRING TO ANTA CLAUS YOUR SUGAR COOKIES, CLACK-CLACK.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Screaming Idiot posted:

I misread this as a 'sentient pile of anger in a red suit' which is even better.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I did the footprint thing for my kids but I used talcum powder.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Screaming Idiot posted:

"Remember children, Santa Claus is actually a sentient pile of ants in a red suit.

Explains how he can carry such a large sack around.

He uses his mandibles.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
My GF's grandpa would go out every year early in the morning and load all the presents from Santa into a burlap sack, then he would shoot off his shotgun several times and drag the sack into the house, look at the children and go "I missed him again this year, but he dropped these!".

Sometimes he would label presents in the sack as being to not any of the kids, and they would be like "Gramps, who is Danny?" and he's just say "Some unlucky SOB who isn't getting a present this year."

After he died they discovered he had cashed in his burial plot years earlier to spend the money on weed and his own personal slot machine that he filled with chocolate coins, so pretty much the greatest person who ever lived. I mean, except the part where he used to make his 11 year old daughter drive him home from the bar because he was super wasted, that was probably a bad idea but it was the 50's in rural Oregon.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

El Estrago Bonito posted:

After he died they discovered he had cashed in his burial plot years earlier to spend the money on weed and his own personal slot machine that he filled with chocolate coins, so pretty much the greatest person who ever lived. I mean, except the part where he used to make his 11 year old daughter drive him home from the bar because he was super wasted, that was probably a bad idea but it was the 50's in rural Oregon.

I dunno if he wasn't an angry drunk that sounds pretty bitchin for the daughter.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

My GF's grandpa would go out every year early in the morning and load all the presents from Santa into a burlap sack, then he would shoot off his shotgun several times and drag the sack into the house, look at the children and go "I missed him again this year, but he dropped these!".

Sometimes he would label presents in the sack as being to not any of the kids, and they would be like "Gramps, who is Danny?" and he's just say "Some unlucky SOB who isn't getting a present this year."

This owns, old people with guns are cool.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

HELLO CHILDREN. ANTA CLAUS HAS COME WITH YOUR SEASONAL MATERIAL BAUBLES. BRING TO ANTA CLAUS YOUR SUGAR COOKIES, CLACK-CLACK.

I almost died when I read this, I was mid-swallow of the bite of bagel I was eating and I seriously almost died. I like you.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

This man's a true American hero.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

It's times like these when I miss my erstwhile homeland. :patriot:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Ms Boods posted:

It's times like these when I miss my erstwhile homeland. :patriot:

DemeaninDemon posted:

This man's a true American hero.

Sorry guys, in today's America, that man is a criminal.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!
Stolen from the Funny Pictures thread.

mng posted:

Well this isn't terrifying

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I mean, except the part where he used to make his 11 year old daughter drive him home from the bar because he was super wasted, that was probably a bad idea but it was the 50's in rural Oregon.

For a rural Oregon resident this is actually tremendous foresight and restraint

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I hate coffee either way, so I am a bad judge here. Would that taste as lovely as I immagine? You can clearly see that the coffee went past the eggshell.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

There's no way that would work. And even if you boiled an egg in coffee, EW WTF?
Oh and are you gonna drink that coffee now? YECGH

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Does this person think that hardboiled eggs are more difficult to transport than a regular egg or that they need to be made fresh?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I love the accompanying video for that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I doubt even Stella Liebeck’s coffee could hard‐boil an egg.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
How hot are people drinking their loving coffee?

And yeah, it would totally taste like coffee and butt.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Doesn't it take like 16 minutes to hard boil an egg? How long was he in that elevator?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Not enough time in the elevator to boil your morning egg? Push the emergency stop button and let that cuppa joe do its thing! #yolksonyou

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If it was somehow in there long enough to cook the egg, wouldn't the acid in the coffee leech a bit of calcium out of the egg shell? A 2 for 1 hack for ruining both your egg and your coffee.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I prefer to osmose my eggs. Lifehack: chewing is for dorks!

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
lol if you don't carry around a few raw eggs in your pocket for those long elevator rides.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Eggs aren't sterilized, they come out of a chicken's butt and are covered with poo poo.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lmbo if you dont drink coffee that would give you 3rd degree burns if it touched your skin

so go to mcdonalds for your coffee egg needs

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

It's pretty much a crappy tea egg. Tea eggs are pretty good, but I can't imagine "egg dipped in lovely gas station coffee" would be quite as tasty.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

DoomLazer posted:

Doesn't it take like 16 minutes to hard boil an egg? How long was he in that elevator?

10-12 minutes for hard boiled. A cup of poo poo coffee will go cold in 5 minutes. You'll have a half raw egg at best.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Can we start a three page derail about how coffee is horrible for your health, only manchildren and fats drink it and you should really only drink water because that's what our ancestors evolved drinking?

Screaming Idiot posted:

Lifehck: Eat coffee grounds straight from the bag. Just eat it. All of it. Eat all the coffee all at once. And then buy another bag and eat that one too and then repeat the process. Repeat it forever. just eat every coffee bean and then die and leave a corpse that is mostly coffee.

And then? Then your family will drink YOU.

EAT. THE loving. COFFEE GROUNDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

SMASH MOUTH EAT THE COFFEE EGGS