Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

PriorMarcus posted:

The Movie Pirate poo poo is splitting in two from being assembled badly.

It's hard to maintain a healthy diet at sea, bucko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
UK peeps! Sainsburys has the The Lego Movie with Vitruvius edition for £9.99 DVD and £12.99 bluray. Super savings!

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
Hey so this Lego baseplate is out of stock on Amazon and Lego.com. What gives? We were going to make a Lego table for my kid but now the prices have shot up and 12 of them is just too much. http://brickset.com/sets/626-1/Building-Plate-Green. The blue one is the same story.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
Probably just Lego underestimating demand and running out of stock, if the third party prices on the Camelizer are anything to go by this isn't the first time it's happened.
It'll probably come back into stock in the new year, but you may be out of luck this christmas.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

PuTTY riot posted:

Hey so this Lego baseplate is out of stock on Amazon and Lego.com. What gives? We were going to make a Lego table for my kid but now the prices have shot up and 12 of them is just too much. http://brickset.com/sets/626-1/Building-Plate-Green. The blue one is the same story.

Go to a Lego store if you can, and if you can't, call Lego stores and ask if you could do a phone order from them. Expect to pay shipping, but you'd have to do that anyways if you were ordering online. We did just that last night for some lady who lived too far away to make the trip and needed a bunch of baseplates.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Neurion posted:

Go to a Lego store if you can, and if you can't, call Lego stores and ask if you could do a phone order from them. Expect to pay shipping, but you'd have to do that anyways if you were ordering online. We did just that last night for some lady who lived too far away to make the trip and needed a bunch of baseplates.

Thank you. I'll have to call and ship most likely

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
Update: the second store I called had what I needed. The first store told me that the blue ones may be going out of production soon.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
You should be able to get them in store at ToysRUs, no idea if you can get them online.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
So a local discount store has a dozen or so Moria sets for $40 each.

Looking online, I can't find any for under $80, and most are in the $110 range.
Would it be a good idea to buy a few and sell 'em online? Does the demand for sets like this go up over time?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You should just grab them all if they're being clearanced and going for two to three times as much online, it should be a no-brainer.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Even if you don't sell them off, those cave trolls rule.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think it's also the only set Boromir comes in

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Hatter106 posted:

So a local discount store has a dozen or so Moria sets for $40 each.

Looking online, I can't find any for under $80, and most are in the $110 range.
Would it be a good idea to buy a few and sell 'em online? Does the demand for sets like this go up over time?

If you are in the US, I will send you Google Money to buy one and ship it to me :)

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

kensei posted:

If you are in the US, I will send you Google Money to buy one and ship it to me :)

Ditto!

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Yeah no kidding I'd do the same. Boromir is the only fellowship member I still need and that price is crazy good.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

PuTTY riot posted:

Update: the second store I called had what I needed. The first store told me that the blue ones may be going out of production soon.

They're releasing new baseplates for both Lego and Duplo in 2015 (February here in Norway).

There won't be a blue Lego one anymore, the 3 planned that I know of so far is Grey, Green and Sand-coloured, with the grey being the larger of the 3. So basically, the blue one is exchanged with a sand coloured one and the others stay the same, just new numbers and packaging.

They're getting re-labeled as "Lego Classic" along with 5-6 new boxes of assorted bricks.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Grimble posted:

along with 5-6 new boxes of assorted bricks.

:swoon: Be still, my jorts.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That crocodile is adorable.

What the hell is that cyan-blue thing on the right though?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

SynthOrange posted:

Abominable snowman?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

SynthOrange posted:

It's a toaster, isn't it?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

It's a toaster, isn't it?

I suppose it could be a toaster.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
It even has two slices of bread.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Colonial Air Force posted:

It even has two slices of bread.

And two slices of toast.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

SynthOrange posted:

That's a train.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I'm pretty sure that's Lego, the popular children's construction toy?

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Nacho cheese flavor Doritos corn chips.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It's a ghost.

No more fun. :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That toaster is adorbs though.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

So what can you build with wheels, wheel-axles and tyres? Lego produce so many cars and trucks, my collection is overflowing with these elements. Yet all I want to build is spaceships and things with treads, I feel like they aren't getting enough love.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

So what can you build with wheels, wheel-axles and tyres? Lego produce so many cars and trucks, my collection is overflowing with these elements. Yet all I want to build is spaceships and things with treads, I feel like they aren't getting enough love.

I'm not sure what to do with tires, but wheels make great textured cylinders when linked with an axel.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

djfooboo posted:

I'm not sure what to do with tires, but wheels make great textured cylinders when linked with an axel.

And the "rims" are excellent for Spaceship Engines for your spaceships Captain Scandinaiva

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I assume this has been posted in this thread before, but it deserves to be posted again (and again)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
That is amazing. The rocket mid air with a row of ice cream scoops as smoke is great!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I had no idea trans-clear minifig heads existed. Now I need some of them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

xzzy posted:

I had no idea trans-clear minifig heads existed. Now I need some of them.

You've never built a modular? They use them in the street lamps.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nope, never bought one.

(big display pieces really aren't my thing)

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

The_Doctor posted:

You've never built a modular? They use them in the street lamps.

They used them as plant pots and crystal balls back in in my day :corsair:

(6416 & 6082)

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
They were used for coffee pots on the old City stuff, hospitals, police stations, &c.

Clear minifig head with a clear mug on top.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Colonial Air Force posted:

They were used for coffee pots on the old City stuff, hospitals, police stations, &c.

Clear minifig head with a clear mug on top.

Yeah I thought I'd seen one as a coffee pot in my old Hospital set but couldn't find it listed. I know I had that Dragon Castle and my sister had that Paradiso set (which I claimed) those big windows made some awesome submarines when combined with the base of the pirate ship! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

I just made a neat little space cabin combining the recent Creator Mountain hut and the Republic Cruiser. The engine wheels from the Cruiser got re-commissioned as parts for a pair of communication towers/power sources for the laser fence around the cabin.

Things that can rotate communicate power and/or telecoms to me. Dunno why.

Edit:

I can't tell if you know this already but wheels are terrific for spaceship engines, and the little axle mount pieces often work well at the front point of ships. If you put a wheel on the axle, you've got a nice center point for the ship and a cool forward gun/cannon.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 11, 2014