Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JT Smiley posted:

Is there really an audience out there for Superman without Superman? It just seems like such a boring concept to bring to television. Feel free to replace Superman with Batman in the statement above.

If it was the cool version of krypton from Man of Steel I could be down. But this will be on TV, so it won't be that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
There was a neat comic about pre-historic Krypton, but by neat I mean it was the story of Solomon, but on Krypton. Basically the only way I can see this working is if they do it as a sword and planet style show, but then it would barely be Superman related at all and why bother at that point?

Edit: ^^ Sword and planet on MoS Krypton would be the coolest thing.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

I think a Krypton series would have more legs than a Gotham without Batman series.

Krypton has a fair bit of lore and backstory to it and it could work as a cool space opera series that happens to feature a few characters related to Kal El. You could do all kinds of stuff like Zod's Bizarro army clones or some of the world of Krypton stuff or the other Phantom Zone Criminals backstories or Brainiac stealing Kandor, even Doomsday could be worked in since some versions of the character have him originally showing up on Krypton first.

There's a lot more there to make a show out of than terrible references to Bat Rogues.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You could have other cosmic DC characters show up, like Abin Sur.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

greatn posted:

You could have other cosmic DC characters show up, like Abin Sur.

He'd show up like a week after it gets canceled.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
EDIT: oops, I though this was the movie thread.

Crap, I thought last weeks was the winter finale for Flash.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

TV mid-season finales Update!

On Flash: Looks like Dr Wells is the Reverse Flash and Firestorm has surprisingly great FX for TV. Also Reverse Flash has a costume ring!

Agents of SHIELD Skye is Daisy Johnson and her dad is Mr Hyde as suspected. The Obelisk/Diviner is actually a Terrigen Crystal which awakes her Inhuman earthquake powers. We get a cameo at the end from an Inhuman with no eyes. Raina's eyes turned yellow and she grew spikes, not sure if that's an existing Inhuman. Eyeless guy is Reader from the current series maybe?

Dacap fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 10, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Can we get a tv show about Uncle Ben as a conscientious objector during Vietnam that struggles to expose Harrison Osborn's corrupt dealings as a part time photographer?

Ha ha, just kidding, they wouldn't make a lovely smallville type show with any kind of progressive or pacifist message.

Ooh, you could have a love quadrangle with Ben's buddy Rick, and their sexy girlfriends Mary and May. Throw in a pregnancy with the classic 'Who's the daddy?!' twist for sweeps week!

Nobody'd be crazy enough to greenlight a series like that!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Ooh, you could have a love quadrangle with Ben's buddy Rick, and their sexy girlfriends Mary and May. Throw in a pregnancy with the classic 'Who's the daddy?!' twist for sweeps week!

Nobody'd be crazy enough to greenlight a series like that!

I don't know, sounds like trouble

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The fuckin' Flash y'all. Every on here is watching it right?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Dacap posted:

TV mid-season finales Update!

On Flash: Looks like Dr Wells is the Reverse Flash and Firestorm has surprisingly great FX for TV. Also Reverse Flash has a costume ring!

Agents of SHIELD Skye is Daisy Johnson and her dad is Mr Hyde as suspected. The Obelisk/Diviner is actually a Terrigen Crystal which awakes her Inhuman earthquake powers. We get a cameo at the end from an Inhuman with no eyes. Raina's eyes turned yellow and she grew spikes, not sure if that's an existing Inhuman. Eyeless guy is Reader from the current series maybe?

Flash: Does that mean Dr Wells was so fast he could kick his own rear end and to the non-speedy make it look like 2 people? :psyduck:

e:
\/ brb reading Zoom's wiki

TheDK fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 10, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

From what he said about his powers coupled with the fact that he was using the tachyon device on the suit, he may call himself "Reverse Flash" but his powers are more like Zoom's (so time travel/control.)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheDK posted:

Flash: Does that mean Dr Wells was so fast he could kick his own rear end and to the non-speedy make it look like 2 people? :psyduck:

e:
\/ brb reading Zoom's wiki

Yes it seems like it, or whatever his powers are let him appear be in the prison trap and in the wheelchair at the same time.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I had assumed there was time travel shenanigans and that Reverse Flash and Wells were from two different time periods which is why he could beat up himself.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah i'm on that train too.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
I'm all aboard for the Inhumans but Skye not hesitating to put 3 bullets in Ward the second he freed her was the best thing all season.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

DynamicSloth posted:

I'm all aboard for the Inhumans but Skye not hesitating to put 3 bullets in Ward the second he freed her was the best thing all season.
That was absolutely fantastic, for sure.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Reverse Flash has a history of screwing with himself, doesn't he? This Reverse Flash seems like a mixture of Zoom and Hunter Zoloman or whatever, so who knows.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Dacap posted:

I had assumed there was time travel shenanigans and that Reverse Flash and Wells were from two different time periods which is why he could beat up himself.

Also the detail that there was a second speedster at Allen's mom's murder makes me think that there might be some time travel Barry Allen too.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yes it seems like it, or whatever his powers are let him appear be in the prison trap and in the wheelchair at the same time.

I'd say more time travel than going super, super fast. The entire episode boiled down to Wells manipulating events to get what he wanted and I wouldn't put it past him to beat future/past version of himself up to do it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Waterhaul posted:

I'd say more time travel than going super, super fast.

Yeah, I'm betting really hard on time travel.

He wanted the other super scientist's device that makes tachyons.
He states in the explanation to Det. West that Tachyons :techno: gently caress with time.:techno:
He engineers the circumstances to get his hands on that device.
(though exactly how he pulled off the being in two places at once and beating himself up trick is mysterious. If he did it with time travel, then why does he need to steal the time travel particle generating machine? Pre-destination paradox? if not time travel, :wtc:)
That's what that weird machine he put on the chest of his costume at episode's end was about.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
We didn't see Wells in the yellow costume, but we know that he has it, as well as knowledge of the future. Calling it now that Wells isn't really the yellow man/Reverse Flash but is working with the Reverse Flash/created him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Madkal posted:

We didn't see Wells in the yellow costume, but we know that he has it, as well as knowledge of the future. Calling it now that Wells isn't really the yellow man/Reverse Flash but is working with the Reverse Flash/created him.

Did you miss the part where he talked with the same vibration in his voice?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Deadpool posted:

drat. The stinger. Yea. Ignore my theory.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

But Wells is definitely trying to preserve the future right? He seemed distraught when the newspaper changed from Flash saving the world to Flash disappearing and the red sky continuing. It would seem that something happened where the Flash's past was messed up, and Wells went back to fix it, by any means necessary.

What if it is a twist on Flashpoint Paradox? What if for some reason, Barry started loving with time, eventually culminating in saving his mom, which prompts Wells to go back in time and keep Barry on track to save the world, including preventing Barry from saving his mom and insuring that she dies?

:psyduck:

I'm just trying to reconcile how he can be trying to save the world and kill Barry's mom at the same time.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

ToastyPotato posted:

But Wells is definitely trying to preserve the future right? He seemed distraught when the newspaper changed from Flash saving the world to Flash disappearing and the red sky continuing. It would seem that something happened where the Flash's past was messed up, and Wells went back to fix it, by any means necessary.

What if it is a twist on Flashpoint Paradox? What if for some reason, Barry started loving with time, eventually culminating in saving his mom, which prompts Wells to go back in time and keep Barry on track to save the world, including preventing Barry from saving his mom and insuring that she dies?

:psyduck:

I'm just trying to reconcile how he can be trying to save the world and kill Barry's mom at the same time.

Maybe Barry's dad really did do it, Barry goes back and stops it and Wells went back to stop him from stopping it?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Error 404 posted:

Maybe Barry's dad really did do it, Barry goes back and stops it and Wells went back to stop him from stopping it?

Jesus. That would be depressing. I doubt they go that route. I hope not. Also it would be a pretty awful flip for his dad's character.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Apparently you can also see him healing quickly in that scene.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Crosspost from the Flash thread, but I found this on soundcloud, someone played around with the Reverse Flash's voice and it does sound a lot like Wells: https://soundcloud.com/necros1s/harrison-wells-reverse-flash

edit: fixed it.

e X fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 11, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

e X posted:

Crosspost from the Flash thread, but I found this on soundcloud, someone played around with the Reverse Flash's voice and it does sound a lot like Wells: https://soundcloud.com/necros1s/har...s-reverse-flash

URL is busted for me.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Error 404 posted:

Maybe the old Flash show happened but Reverse Flash's time travel broke the timeline making Barry's dad not become the Flash and never met Dr Whosit that showed up in the episode.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 11, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

SirDan3k posted:

Maybe the old Flash show happened but Reverse Flash's time travel broke the timeline making Barry's dad not become the Flash and never met Dr Whosit that showed up in the episode.

I like your idea better.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ToastyPotato posted:

I imagine it's one of those scenarios where he's determined the Flash is the key to saving the future, but he's also worked out that the murder of Nora Allen (or, perhaps more particularly, Barry spending the next 15 years or so trying to clear his father's name) was key to the creation of the Flash. Murdered parents as the catalyst of heroism is just one of those things superhero comics seem to fall back on a lot, all the way back to Batman; I understand that it was a new dimension added to Barry's backstory in the New 52 (I have not read New 52 Flash) and, if I recall correctly, it was something the Hunter Zolomon version of Reverse-Flash/Professor Zoom did to Wally West in Geoff Johns's Flash from around 10 years ago.

So, I imagine when Barry learns everything and he's gone medieval on him, Wells will get a monologue where he takes credit for making Flash what he is, how he got his hands dirty and did what needed to be done.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Metal Loaf posted:

I imagine it's one of those scenarios where he's determined the Flash is the key to saving the future, but he's also worked out that the murder of Nora Allen (or, perhaps more particularly, Barry spending the next 15 years or so trying to clear his father's name) was key to the creation of the Flash. Murdered parents as the catalyst of heroism is just one of those things superhero comics seem to fall back on a lot, all the way back to Batman; I understand that it was a new dimension added to Barry's backstory in the New 52 (I have not read New 52 Flash) and, if I recall correctly, it was something the Hunter Zolomon version of Reverse-Flash/Professor Zoom did to Wally West in Geoff Johns's Flash from around 10 years ago.

So, I imagine when Barry learns everything and he's gone medieval on him, Wells will get a monologue where he takes credit for making Flash what he is, how he got his hands dirty and did what needed to be done.

I think it predates the new52, since it was the main plot line that kicked off Flashpoint Paradox. But I think the Wally West stuff might have been earlier, yeah.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought that he killed Flash's mom in Rebirth?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

zoux posted:

I thought that he killed Flash's mom in Rebirth?

Or that. I confused with my Flash timelines.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Barry trying to stop it is what caused Flashpoint.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I think it would be awesome if the season finale shows Barry somehow having traveled back in time, fights Reverse Flash in the Allens' house, beats him, and saves his mother's life.

Then, in the last few minutes of the episode, cut back to the present, only the world is different, and we see newspaper headlines praising the great hero "Citizen Cold." We might also see glimpses of Caitlin as sexy, icy villainess Killer Frost and Cisco as Vibe... and end the season right there, leaving the audience knowing things have gone terribly, terribly awry.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
If they are introducing time travel in to the show (which seems pretty freaking likely now) then there is no reason Booster and Rex Hunter can't be introduced too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I grew up in the 70s when comic book television ranged from the loving appallingly awful to the merely very very bad...Now this week I saw three episodes that made me feel like I was watching comic books come to life. Why has it taken so loving long to get to this point?