Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Widestancer posted:

Hey I featured your amazing artwork in the stickied Games thread.

We should play games soon.

What amazing artwork? The only poo poo I draw are dicks in bathroom stalls.

Edit: We have a games forum? News to me.

Edit2: Don't loving quote my adapter posts unless you have me a loving adapter shitbird. I got all excited that santa samus was gonna mail me a blue japan rear end mold with a gamecube adapter inside and now I am just so let down I am pushing my junk against the wall slowly for entertainment.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Did they do de wipe yet?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Drinkfist posted:

What amazing artwork? The only poo poo I draw are dicks in bathroom stalls.

Edit: We have a games forum? News to me.

Edit2: Don't loving quote my adapter posts unless you have me a loving adapter shitbird. I got all excited that santa samus was gonna mail me a blue japan rear end mold with a gamecube adapter inside and now I am just so let down I am pushing my junk against the wall slowly for entertainment.

The silly characters you made in this game, doi!

Pushing your junk against the wall is always fun.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

When this poo poo goes f2p, I will join y'all and chip in resources for our insane murder projects.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Widestancer posted:

The silly characters you made in this game, doi!

Pushing your junk against the wall is always fun.

That's me irl. You saying I look silly boy? :shrek: Come at me.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Drinkfist posted:

That's me irl. You saying I look silly boy? :shrek: Come at me.

*hitches up pants and spits out sunflower seed*

How big a boy are ya?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eye of Widesauron posted:

*hitches up pants and spits out sunflower seed*

How big a boy are ya?

This is one of those situations where you make fun of a guy right up until he stands up and you fully realize what a mistake you have made. I went and called out Widestancer and lo and behole look at this. He stands up and turns out to be the Eye of Widesauron. Ill be back, I gotta find a hobbit to beat your rear end with. Gamecube adapter.

Edit: was gonna correct "behole" but you know what, its growing on me. That one can stay.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Ratoslov posted:

When this poo poo goes f2p, I will join y'all and chip in resources for our insane murder projects.

Its gonna launch f2p. We are just playing a kiddie table version of Star Citizen in here.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
can i make dicks out of objects in this game

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
Was reading the pvp and loot rules on their website - did they change this recently?

quote:

We believe in having some actual kind of penalty for death

but

quote:

There will be no PvP looting on regular servers. At some point we plan to release what we call a "hardcore" server, which will allow for corpse looting from PvP.

dummmb. I feel like when I first heard about this game and got interested it was full loot. How else do you create actual demand on an economy without it?

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

TasmanianX posted:

dummmb. I feel like when I first heard about this game and got interested it was full loot. How else do you create actual demand on an economy without it?

Weapon and armor decay worked great for Galaxies. Not to mention consumables of all kinds.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Drinkfist posted:

Mayflash Nintendo GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii/Wii U:
http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Nint...apter+for+Wii+U

Has pretty good reviews and is available for $30 bucks. Cheapest I could find.

Built in Turbo
Compatible with all games supported by the Wii Classic Controller
Compatible with all games supported by the Wii Classic Controller Pro
The button A, B, X, Y, L, R and Z can be customized with Turbo

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 11, 2014

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.
Signed up for the alpha. Not gonna pay anything till there's a game though. Crowd funding is a loving con.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Extra posted:

can i make dicks out of objects in this game

We will make dicks out of everything! Maybe vulvas too. Depends on our mood!

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Drinkfist posted:

Amazon is now selling the Wii U Gamecube adapter from third parties for 125.00. I want every one of you low lifes to hit the streets and find me one at your local gamestops and poo poo stores or I am gonna stop posting for your entertainment.

You didn't search well in Amazon.com,

They have one of those for $29.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BS520SG/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1418347318&sr=8-2

It has pretty good reviews plus:

Built in Turbo
Compatible with all games supported by the Wii Classic Controller
Compatible with all games supported by the Wii Classic Controller Pro
The button A, B, X, Y, L, R and Z can be customized with Turbo

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

That's not the Nintendo official one though.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

In this game you can build a wii u adapter mail it to mii so I can fill it with meal worms and mail it to drinkfist.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I can't believe that this is a thing that's happening.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Thanks everyone for the spot on the Mayflash adapter. I knew about these and wanted the 4 slot adapter because I actually have friends that come over here and drink my alcohol on the weekends. Also I am told the button mapping and button response for those mayflash things is garbage. I really appreciate the heads up and look outs though.

Rancid Liverwurst
Jan 26, 2009
Well, what the hell. I tried the SWGemu and was quickly bored. Saw this game cross-posted in that thread, so figured I'd try it out.

Got through the tutorial last night. Definitely an Alpha game. Kind of like it, but the crafting is going to be a bitch. But I like a challenge.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

the wipe still hasn't happened.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

BERGfu posted:

the wipe still hasn't happened.

Developer posted:

We're really close at this point. The servers are online and testing internally. Working out some minor kinks.

Sounds like it might be done before the weekend.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Christmas Launch and I'll be away fffffffffffffffffffffffff

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

The Developers posted:

It will probably more more of an afternoon rather than a morning thing. We need IF cooperation on one bit. There are a few minor things which require the installer to be rebuilt before we send out the mail. The one downside to the new setup is it becomes a bit more difficult to make quick hot fixes. The performance is much improved, however.

I guess this is as good of a place as any to give a brief summary of what will happen when the invites go out. You'll all receive an email with instructions for the new client. Removing your old cache and install (or renaming the directories) is recommended when this happens. The new installer has the vast majority of the game data pre-installed, and weighs in at 2.7 gigs. Everything is now in production level mode from a hardware standpoint, and the servers are much faster. Load times without having to deal with streaming downloads and an overloaded repository are much improved. There will be three new servers. One is in central europe, one on the US East Coast and one on the US West Coast. The additional servers are in preparation for the Steam Launch, though we aren't sure exactly when that will be yet. The server delays here have cut into the holidays and we'll have to see how smoothly things go and then evaluate it all next week. We do plan on lifting the NDA prior to Steam Launch, though it will still be in effect this weekend.

One thing to note though is that some of the hot fixes of the past week or so won't be in this build. This has to do with the caches and need to be efficient. They'll appear in the next build.

Looks like we are getting closer, and only a month late.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I just got an email. Apparently another alpha phase has started, and probably a wipe with it.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Anticheese posted:

I just got an email. Apparently another alpha phase has started, and probably a wipe with it.

:siren: :siren: Wipe has happened :siren: :siren:

It's a 2.6 GB download for the client now, but I'll be on once I get it

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

So there are now 3 servers, Kjell (US East), Hudson (US West) and Aemer (EU Central). Any preferences? I've started on Hudson since West servers traditionally have a higher pop. Who's leading us?

Solvency fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Dec 20, 2014

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

Downloading, I'll hop on the West server in a bit as Chest Rockwell, where you nerds at?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I'm on the West server too as Anna Chez. I didn't gently caress around with the face creator as much as I should have.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

How the gently caress does one download this lovely client? Pressing Installation Instructions on my pledge portal just refreshes the page.

EDIT: Nevermind just got the email.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Being a filthy fascist, I joined up with OWON.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

I'm President Obama on OWON West.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Well I would be in as YOTC but every time I get through character creation i get crash to desktop.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

I'm Rehab Submarine on OWON East. I need to figure out how to make our own faction so we can all start working together.

Solvency fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 22, 2014

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

As of this moment, there are twice as many people playing on the East Server than on the west. 50 to 20. I'm playing on switching over to US East to take advantage of this, rather than being on a ghost server.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

It's still in alpha why don't we just figure out how to setup a house somewhere then worry about a separate guild. Also do the tutorial and get as many skills as you can. Also were going on which server. I just don't want to go through the tutorial more than once.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Okay I'll go in East and I guess we'll stick with owon

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

What do I need to update in the OP?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

That I guess we're on US East as OWON.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Yup, US East, start as OWON. We will create a separate nation when we get 10k of funds. We can choose what side to ally with when we create a nation. If we go with the Rogue side, we will be neutral to both NPC factions.

• Locked thread