Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Yay, I haven't posted here in forever but I got Halloween mails from lamb and Ceramic Pig. Thank you :3:

I'm going to look out for summery Christmas things to appear incongruously in northern hemisphere letterboxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

lady flash posted:

They changed those rules. Living people can be on stamps now.

But how can something that never lived be a living person now.

Oh god Rudolf was dead from the beginning.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
I got a postcard from Khamel and a card from 13Pandora13, thank you both so much!!

And thank you lamb for posting the SASS link, I love that thread so much and was really worried that it wouldn't make an appearance this year.

Stuffins
Nov 2, 2013
Thanks to all of you who sent me Halloween goodies/cards. I really appreciate each and every one of them!:h: 13Pandora13, Team Lunch, Ceramic Pig, Jesticle, Khamul, Julet Esqu, JimmydaFish, Lamb, Genespicers, Kafkas Goldfish, Pit Goddess, and I hope I haven't left anyone out. If so, please forgive me, my desk is a little unorganized these days. Well, Halloween was fun, but now it's time to move on to Christmas, right? I've been gathering up my goodies already and getting ready........so be on the lookout. Oh, does anyone know if we are doing a Secret Santa in here? I'm up for it.:wave:

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Pit Goddess and Kafkas Goldfish! Your cards arrived safely- thank you!! :)

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Senior Scarybagels posted:

But how can something that never lived be a living person now.

Oh god Rudolf was dead from the beginning.

Rudolf the Stillborn Reindeer?

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

genesplicer posted:

Stop it, stop it now!

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

genesplicer posted:

He had a very shiny nose.
And if you ever saw it
you would bury it cause it was dead.

Shenanigansluck
Dec 10, 2013
I feel horrible i have been doing some hardcore slacking. My super super late Halloween cards are going out in the morning. I had issues with a former employer not paying me delaying the postage for them. I have a bunch of Thank Yous to give for Halloween mail received. I will individually thank everyone that sent me things in my next post when I have a correct list of names with me. I missed being on here but now I have a decent job that allows me the time. :roflolmao:

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

lamb posted:

In preparation for Halloween, I've updated the list to remove anyone who hasn't posted in a while, and added and changed addresses for anyone who's made requests. If you've fallen off the list and want back on, just let me know. If I overlooked adding you/editing your address, please let me know too.

http://sideolamb.squarespace.com/goonstuff/. The password is goonlove.

Hey dunno if you still have my address but could you tack me back on? Trying out a card making class. I'm not exactly artistic so you get what you ask for.

e: Also I'm more than happy to write a letter if someone wants one. Just give me some topics.

Rickycat fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Nov 20, 2014

SuzieMcAwesome
Jul 27, 2011

A lady should be two things, Classy and fabulous. Unfortunately, you my dear are neither.
SO.... It has been 10,000 years since I posted here, but I would like to jump back on! My birthday is in 2 days (Nov. 23) and I got married last month!

Jessicia
302 Maple Ave
Horse Cave, KY USA 42749

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
Made a few Cryptid-themed Christmas/Kwanzaa/Solstice/Wintercelebrationsmas cards. Cryptidsmas! Gonna try and write the interiors and have em sent off over the weekend. Might do another batch of these for later.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

TheAbominableSnow posted:

Made a few Cryptid-themed Christmas/Kwanzaa/Solstice/Wintercelebrationsmas cards. Cryptidsmas! Gonna try and write the interiors and have em sent off over the weekend. Might do another batch of these for later.

Oh my god those are amazing!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Those are so cool. :allears:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Those are amazing.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

These are great!!

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

holy poo poo

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Echoing all of the above, holy poo poo those are cool.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

13Pandora13 posted:

Echoing all of the above, holy poo poo those are cool.

I would love poster size jpgs that I could print off (along with copyright release so I could get them on actual poster paper)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

What medium did you use? These are amazing!

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

I don't even know what a cryptid is but these look soo cool. Your use of splashes of colour along with the black and white is really effective.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

dino. posted:

I don't even know what a cryptid is
Cryptids are mythological beings who have not been documented by the scientific community.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Those are super amazing!

I've got my Christmas cards out and a Christmas pandora station on, time to feel festive!

Also, I don't know if it matters, but my zip code is wrong on the goonlist. It's 46322.

CeramicPig fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 5, 2014

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Rickycat posted:

Hey dunno if you still have my address but could you tack me back on? Trying out a card making class. I'm not exactly artistic so you get what you ask for.

e: Also I'm more than happy to write a letter if someone wants one. Just give me some topics.

Can you please send me your address? PM me if you don't want to put it in the thread.

CeramicPig posted:

lso, I don't know if it matters, but my zip code is wrong on the goonlist. It's 46322.

Sorry about that! I'll update the list tomorrow.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

lamb posted:

Can you please send me your address? PM me if you don't want to put it in the thread.

Rickycat
4501 Hammersley Rd
Apt #112
Madison, WI 53711

marlowe can you go
Oct 13, 2011
Could I get added back on the list? It's been a while since I've done anything, but I'm looking at Christmas alone this year and feeling bummed about it.

Kat
P.O. Box 366
Osage Beach, MO, 65065

Astroduck
Aug 30, 2006

I can't believe I almost forgot about this thread. I've sent and received so many awesome cards over the past couple of years. Can you put me back on the list at least for Christmas and New years? I just found a big box of cards and am definitely gonna send a load out now.

Astroduck
535 Harlestone Road
Duston
Northampton
England
UK
NN56NX

Feel free to send me some Christmas cheer too.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I'll update the list tomorrow, promise

Edit: done

lamb fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 7, 2014

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I am getting my xmas cards together. I am sick today and a bit loopy, so I apologize in advance for any weird messages/nonsense.

jadedhula
Dec 31, 2006

Not the typical American, but I play one on TV
Muldoon
Hi everyone! Time for some good Christmas loooooove.

Maya Martin
3711 164th Street SW S172
Lynnwood WA 98087

Thank you! I will send as many as possible. ☺

Stuffins
Nov 2, 2013

Stuffins fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 9, 2014

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

^^^

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. The point of goonmail is to spread cheer. Sometimes people who can't for whatever reason send mail back are the ones who need that cheer the most. Not everyone can send to everyone on the list either, some people may have sent mail, just not to you.

As long as someone posts in the thread in a reasonable timeframe (which hopefully means they're acknowledging they received mail), they can stay on the list.

Now, that's not to say you have to send mail to everyone... If you notice someone doesn't send something back, you're well within your rights to not send them stuff again.

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

I am behind on my mail as usual, but I plan to send cards out tomorrow and Thursday. If anyone has spare time or cards, I always ask if they can shoot some mail love to my mom:

Donna L.
27B Macdoughnough St.
Plattsburgh NY 12901

Opera Bitch fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Dec 9, 2014

brotato
May 14, 2013
Hey guys! I got some new stamps and some sparkly cards so I can glitter y'all to death. I'll be sending stuff out next week when I'm out of finals hell.

Stuffins
Nov 2, 2013

Opera Bitch posted:

I am behind on my mail as usual, but I plan to send cards out tomorrow and Thursday. If anyone has spare time or cards, I always ask if they can shoot some mail love to my mom:

Donna L.
27B Macdoughnough St.
Plattsburg NY 12901

Will be sure to send a card to your Mom!:)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Ceramic Pig--- just got your Xmas card today :-) I'm sick, so it was a welcome cheering up! :-)

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Yay! :neckbeard: Christmas cheer when you need it most!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

CeramicPig posted:

Yay! :neckbeard: Christmas cheer when you need it most!

I got your card too!

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Hey all. I want to thank everyone for sending me all that lovely mail. I still haven't found a job (and I've been back with husband here in New York since August), and my credit cards are more or less maxed out, and my bank account is running on fumes. The depression has been setting in hard, but getting those cards and letters would give me a major boost to my day, so that I can keep my spirits up. I put up the stickers I got on various things I own, so that when I'm feeling lonely or sad, I could have a little reminder that someone out there cares enough to send a stranger good wishes. Thank you all so much for reaching out.

The halloween cards and letters were great, and the recent christmas cards (one with a penguin which is sooo cute, and two from the same person; one of a cow which is on display on the door and a santa one) are just that little boost I need during this time of year, when the sun sets at like 4:00 in the afternoon. Thank you all again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Got my first Christmas card from Ceramic Pig! :toot:

dino. posted:

and two from the same person; one of a cow which is on display on the door and a santa one) are just that little boost I need during this time of year

That was my cow card . . . :3: Glad you liked it, Dino!

Team Lunch fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 12, 2014