Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

33 :flashfact:

I think Ward and 33 are gonna go set up a rogue "we're pants-on-head crazy but think we're still helping SHIELD, look, we murdered a bunch of people for you!!!" thing.

Yeah I really would like a subplot of Ward and Madame Hydra subverting and co-opting Hydra resources and cells for their own bidding. I wonder how they're gonna fit in all the stuff they hinted at and set up in Season 1 into the larger Inhuman and Hydra plots (Graviton, that rich jerk guy, Deathlok). Maybe with Bobbi and Mack's secret side project USB key thing?

Barry Convex posted:

I continue to maintain that Feige et al have minimal creative involvement with this show

Given that the MCU universe is planned into the 2020s it seems ridiculous that they'd ignore this show. What more do you need to see? A Tony Stark cameo?

So regarding Tripp's death. Would he have lived if he didn't kick the crystal? It looked like the Terrigen mist didn't do anything to him and it requires direct contact with the crystal or obelisk to kill a normal person. Also someone please gif Skye Daisy shooting Ward pronto.

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Of course Skye becomes Quake. CLASSIC MISDIRECTION :goonsay:

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Barry Convex posted:

Come back to me when Feige et al. talk about their involvement on the TV side of things (Agent Carter aside), or more significantly, when a TV-introduced plot point or character plays an important role in a film.

Again: Studios most certainly decides which stories can get told and which are off-limits for TV, and they have staff who do that sort of thing, much as they do for the MCU tie-in comics. But that's not the same thing as having a hands-on creative role in breaking story for the TV side.

Or let me put it another way: if Marvel Studios' films are one big interlocking puzzle, Agents of SHIELD is a separate puzzle that comes in a smaller box using similarly shaped pieces. It looks nice next to the bigger puzzle once they're both assembled, but it's not needed in any way to solve the bigger one.

I don't even loving understand what your point is with all this rambling nonsense in your last few posts.

Inhumans were just introduced in this show, and will be a major plot point for the rest of the season. I'm not sure why you are now talking about movie involvement in the show, incorporating the show into the movies, and all this other bullshit.

Xtanstic posted:

So regarding Tripp's death. Would he have lived if he didn't kick the crystal? It looked like the Terrigen mist didn't do anything to him and it requires direct contact with the crystal or obelisk to kill a normal person.

We can't be sure, but that's what it looked like. He thought Skye was dying/dead in the cocoon thing and destroyed the crystal when he didn't need to, when everyone was going to be fine.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

mikeraskol posted:

I don't even loving understand what your point is with all this rambling nonsense in your last few posts.

Because rationalizing.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Barry Convex posted:

Come back to me when Feige et al. talk about their involvement on the TV side of things (Agent Carter aside), or more significantly, when a TV-introduced plot point or character plays an important role in a film.

Again: Studios most certainly decides which stories can get told and which are off-limits for TV, and they have staff who do that sort of thing, much as they do for the MCU tie-in comics. But that's not the same thing as having a hands-on creative role in breaking story for the TV side.

Or let me put it another way: if Marvel Studios' films are one big interlocking puzzle, Agents of SHIELD is a separate puzzle that comes in a smaller box using similarly shaped pieces. It looks nice next to the bigger puzzle once they're both assembled, but it's not needed in any way to solve the bigger one.

You do realize that if SHIELD ever plays a role in a film again, or if Coulson shows up or is revealed to be alive in a film, that your whole point of view falls apart right? The movies have not yet touched SHIELD, so if SHIELD ever gets brought up as still existing, either in Avengers or Cap 3, then that would literally be something that originated on the TV show effecting the films.

You're basically pulling the same thing again. Before the show would never introduce Inhumans and now you are saying nothing from the shows would ever play an important role in a film. Which is a pretty bogus statement because so far very few plot points from any single film have effected any other film. Abomination never shows up again in another film, Cap 2 doesn't give a crap about what happened in Thor 2. Neither Cap 2 nor Thor 2 mention the events of Iron Man 3. Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't mention a single event from a single other MCU film. The only connection is Thanos and Infinity stones. The other stones aren't mentioned directly, even though we know the Collector had one.

It feels like you are shifting the goal posts so that unless cast members from AoS appear on screen in a big film, then AoS "is some weird separate entity" thing. AoS is part of the MCU. That's why stuff that happens in the MCU effects AoS. Contractually, it is ludicrously difficult to get people to appear on both a TV show and a series films without breaking the bank and properly managing schedules. That is why you aren't going to see much AoS stuff being kicked forward. The films have a bigger audience and there are too many logistical and financial headaches involved in shooting to get people to appear on both things beyond tiny cameos. It's not because Marvel and Disney think the show is some red-headed step child.

And yes, AoS, being a television show falls under Marvel's TV department, not its film department. Which means their creative head is technically Jeph Loeb, not Kevin Feige. Why? Probably because Feige isn't interested in also managing a bunch of Disney Channel cartoon shows. And also because Marvel and DC comics are consistently determined to keep Loeb employed.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

ToastyPotato posted:

You do realize that if SHIELD ever plays a role in a film again, or if Coulson shows up or is revealed to be alive in a film, that your whole point of view falls apart right? The movies have not yet touched SHIELD, so if SHIELD ever gets brought up as still existing, either in Avengers or Cap 3, then that would literally be something that originated on the TV show effecting the films.

You're basically pulling the same thing again. Before the show would never introduce Inhumans and now you are saying nothing from the shows would ever play an important role in a film. Which is a pretty bogus statement because so far very few plot points from any single film have effected any other film. Abomination never shows up again in another film, Cap 2 doesn't give a crap about what happened in Thor 2. Neither Cap 2 nor Thor 2 mention the events of Iron Man 3. Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't mention a single event from a single other MCU film. The only connection is Thanos and Infinity stones. The other stones aren't mentioned directly, even though we know the Collector had one.

It feels like you're missing something with Guardians of the Galaxy there. What about the Kree? I could swear they were previously introduced somewhere else in the MCU before the movie, but I just can't quite put my finger on where exactly that was.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I've never insisted that the films would never even acknowledge the TV side of things; I actually think that's more likely than not to happen eventually. Just not on a more significant level than cameos or Easter eggs.

XboxPants posted:

It feels like you're missing something with Guardians of the Galaxy there. What about the Kree? I could swear they were previously introduced somewhere else in the MCU before the movie, but I just can't quite put my finger on where exactly that was.

Yes, and the Kree corpse that was "introduced" on SHIELD was relevant to the two living Kree that appeared in GOTG because

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 10, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Barry Convex posted:

I've never insisted that the films would never even acknowledge the TV side of things; I actually think that's more likely than not to happen eventually. Just not on a more significant level than cameos or Easter eggs.

Which is basically what each movie does with each other. For crying out loud, Iron Man 3 features not a single other Avenger, nor a single MENTION of SHIELD despite involving a plot to kidnap and kill the president of the USA as well as the presence of super powered former military killers. The Cap 2 doesn't mention this happening at all, and all this after revealing that SHIELD had a major base around DC.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

I think I'm just not exactly sure what you're arguing, since obviously the show did just now introduce the entire premise of one of the upcoming movies.

Are you saying that although the show may include story elements that are of significant importance to the events of the movies, the movies will just never really mention them in any significant way?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Barry Convex posted:

Yes, and the Kree corpse that was "introduced" on SHIELD was relevant to the two living Kree that appeared in GOTG because

You realize that they have literally already announced an Inhumans movie, something that the TV show literally just introduced.

The characters may not cross over, but they just introduced a completely new loving concept into the MCU. The Royal Family will more than likely not show up outside of some of the inhumans mentioning them sure. But I don't know what the gently caress else you are expecting...

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Can't we all just enjoy Daisy Quaking out

After watching today's Flash episode AoS is gonna have to step up their special effect game for seismic stuff in the rest of the season

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 10, 2014

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TARDISman posted:

TRIIIIIIIIIIPP! I WANTED MACK ALIVE BUT NOT THAT MUCH!

Monkey's paw!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Monkey's paw!

If Mack comes back with "weirdness" that eventually lets him end up with cool powers then it's all worth it. Do we even know his full name yet? What is "Mack", even, first, last, nickname?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

Can't we all just enjoy Daisy Quaking out

(stolen shamelessly from tumblr... oh god what have I become)

Yes I found it!

My new favorite character

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 10, 2014

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

XboxPants posted:

Are you saying that although the show may include story elements that are of significant importance to the events of the movies, the movies will just never really mention them in any significant way?

The films should be free to introduce Inhumans without referencing any specific plot points or characters from this show, yes.

To be fair, I'm not sure you're disagreeing with me so much as we're splitting semantic hairs about what the definition of "important to the films" is, so I should probably stop now.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Skye is Quake, Ward is hosed.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Xtanstic posted:

Yes I found it!

That slow motion was hilarious and gratuitous but I guess it worked.

Also there is no loving way that Feige is letting the TV show introduce and run with the Inhumans until like 2018 or whenever the gently caress that movie comes out, without at the very least going over the SHIELD scripts and OKing them.

edit: Post-Finale Interview, Not much new though

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/agents_of_shield_season_2_fall_finale_daisy_johnson_raina_inhumans_whedon_interview-2014-12

Dexo fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 10, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Dexo posted:

That slow motion was hilarious and gratuitous but I guess it worked.

Also there is no loving way that Feige is letting the TV show introduce and run with the Inhumans until like 2018 or whenever the gently caress that movie comes out, without at the very least going over the SHIELD scripts and OKing them.

Feige already said in an interview that the AOS team has to run everything they come up with through the film people first. Jed Whedon confirmed this last year post Winter Soldier reveal. Jed also just did an interview for Marvel.com where he mentioned this Inhuman origin for Skye being planned since early last season. And Clark Gregg notably tweeted, after the episode that revealed the truth about TAHITI, that what they did to him was "inhuman". So this is something that has been a done deal for more than a year.

I really do not understand why people who do not work for Disney and have no stake in any of the behind the scenes politics seem to care so much about who gets to tell whom what to do. Who gives a poo poo? They just straight up introduced inhumans and Skye is Quake and her dad is Mr. Hyde.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Dexo posted:

Moving on, I think this could actually be a really great way to pace this story. You're slowly learning more and more for a couple years, but mostly it just seems like there are a few scattered Inhumans loose around the world, maybe you don't even know the term, you know almost nothing about the backstory. They aren't really in touch with whatever ancient origin they have and most/all ancient technology is long, long forgotten.

Then suddenly the movie comes out and Black Bolt shows up with the Royal Family and full-on cosmic-supertech Attilan and it's like HOLY poo poo.

I really, really really hope the series is still running when that poo poo hits the fan.

ToastyPotato posted:

They just straight up introduced inhumans and Skye is Quake and her dad is Mr. Hyde.

I want Cal to get more powers and come on the show more, he is unbelievably good. Also that preview showed more Absorbing Man with his wrecking ball, gently caress yesssss.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 10, 2014

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

XboxPants posted:

If Mack comes back with "weirdness" that eventually lets him end up with cool powers then it's all worth it. Do we even know his full name yet? What is "Mack", even, first, last, nickname?

All I know is that I'm glad they made his name easy to remember. It usually takes me ages to learn names of even real-life people, but Mack works on trucks and that's good enough for me. I still don't know what Trainspotting's real name is, when someone says it I can remember for about three minutes.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Bruceski posted:

All I know is that I'm glad they made his name easy to remember. It usually takes me ages to learn names of even real-life people, but Mack works on trucks and that's good enough for me. I still don't know what Trainspotting's real name is, when someone says it I can remember for about three minutes.

Hunter. Because he's poaching that rear end.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

XboxPants posted:

I want Cal to get more powers and come on the show more, he is unbelievably good. Also that preview showed more Absorbing Man with his wrecking ball, gently caress yesssss.
I think that was a clip from the original fight? It was very quick, but I think.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Hunter's name is forgettable because his real name is better for a merc/comic book type character.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Do we even know anything about Inhumans apart from the release date? Because my sister and I (Both pretty not-knowledgable about comics stuff so I'm really talking out of my rear end here) are thinking that Chloe Bennet is going to be the lead in the movie. Is that guess not plausible or is it a possibility?

Bruceski posted:

Monkey's paw!

Oh god what have I done?! :gonk:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

TARDISman posted:

Do we even know anything about Inhumans apart from the release date? Because my sister and I (Both pretty not-knowledgable about comics stuff so I'm really talking out of my rear end here) are thinking that Chloe Bennet is going to be the lead in the movie.

I doubts it, I wouldn't be surprised if she cameo'd but the Inhumans movie is going to probably mostly be about the Royal Family.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

TARDISman posted:

Do we even know anything about Inhumans apart from the release date? Because my sister and I (Both pretty not-knowledgable about comics stuff so I'm really talking out of my rear end here) are thinking that Chloe Bennet is going to be the lead in the movie. Is that guess not plausible or is it a possibility?

I joked about that earlier, but I still maintain that they will never make the series basically required reading for any of the movies. And since Daisy's backstory features heavy into the plot of AoS, seriously doubt it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Of course the daughter of Muad'Dad knows the weirding way.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

TARDISman posted:

I wouldn't expect her to be a lead. Either the show is canned by 2018, in which case, why have a lead from a cancelled show, or the show will somehow still be running in which case they are not going to deal with the contractual issues that would arise from that.

Also the film will probably have a big enough cast that they won't need to poach people from other areas. That being said, I wouldn't rule out a smaller role assuming she isn't killed off by then or something.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Spend all that time finding the temple and get stopped at the front door :lol:

ps daisy is cool

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

First Bass posted:

Of course Skye becomes Quake. CLASSIC MISDIRECTION :goonsay:

I hope SkyeDaisy cracks a joke about how off-base she was with her name.

nac
Jun 1, 2008
What's the origin for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avengers 2? Wouldn't the Inhumans be a good answer? For pretty much any extra characters they want to introduce really...

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

nac posted:

What's the origin for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avengers 2? Wouldn't the Inhumans be a good answer? For pretty much any extra characters they want to introduce really...

Their powers were created/given to them by Loki's staff I think. Marvel has already said that they are not Inhumans.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

350-odd new posts, and it did not disappoint. The whole episode was amazing. Twenty minutes in and so much had happened that could've filled a regular episode. The next twenty minutes and everything was so crazy. Whitehall died! Skye shot Ward! I mostly watched in amazed silence, but when Dr. Cal finally said "Daisy" the first words out of my mouth to my viewing partner were "The thread was right."

I really hope that Mack is okay, I sort of missed Coulson dragging him out at the end. Though I'm not sure how Coulson and Tripp were able to avoid getting Big Mack-ified, especially with all the hazmat stuff going on before hand.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Xtanstic posted:

Yes I found it!

That causes Tripp to shatter which is pretty funny.

So glad Skye shot Ward, you get so used to T.V. bullshit and people acting like idiots that of course you're waiting for her to be pointing the gun at him and then some negotiation.

I hope AoS always has a shitload of stuff to get through so we're going at this pace on the reg.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

That could totally be a moisturizer commercial.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I can't stop laughing at the way Ward goes down, like "Ow ow ow whatareyoudoing :saddowns:"

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Hey, I'm just checking in. Has Barry Convex acknowledged that the show has Inhumans on in order to soft-launch it before Phase 3, or has he not backpedaled that far yet?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Back pedaled like a boss, now has new gripe. The wheel turns.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Back pedaled like a boss, now has new gripe. The wheel turns.

I scrolled up and it's really the same complaint. Dude's pooping his pampers because he's so mad that Marvel is trying really hard to make their TV programming happen and to integrate it into the universe. The fact that they're doubling down on SHIELD despite a disappointing start, trying to present Agent Carter as event programming, and coming up with a big convoluted knot of streaming TV for netflix doesn't register because WAH TELEVISION IDN'T DA MOVIES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

ToastyPotato posted:

Hunter's name is forgettable because his real name is better for a merc/comic book type character.

I know! It would be great if they just named him Nick Blood in the show.

edit- So how many names is Skye going to have now, I count four, Skye, Daisy, May Sue Poots and I assume Quake eventually. Now just give her something like Agent 66 and on online alias of wardpwnd, and she can have a half dozen.

Zythrst fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 10, 2014

• Locked thread