Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Roger Explosion posted:

What's really cool about this is that this isn't in Zimmy-vision or taking place in more-lovely-than-normal alterna-Birmingham. This is taking place in reality. Whatever Zimmy sees Kat as is exactly what Kat is.
... Kinda. She just fried a whale packed with etheric energy which just dispersed. So this might be, I don't know, how the robots see Kat being forced into reality as long as the smoke doesn't clear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

She's an angel... :allears:

No..wait..those are terrible..here, have this:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Gunnerkrigg Court's endeavour to become gods is finally starting to pay off.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
:tviv:

IT HAS BEGUN! MAN IS GOD AND GOD IS MAN! RULES MEAN NOTHING! CATS LYING WITH DOGS! PANDEMONIUM!

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

An OG, biblical, don't-look-directly-at-it-or-go-crazy, mass-of-wings angel.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I think she's kind of beautiful...

I think I'm broken.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Keiya posted:

I think she's kind of beautiful...

I think I'm broken.

Clearly.

She's only 14, you mecha-pervert.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

It's more like :frogout: I think.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So, Paz is dating a robot angel.

And Kat is dating a girl who can communicate with lovecraftian monsters.

Those two are one HELL of a power couple.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Excommunicate Traitoris. :catholic::hf::commissar:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

maswastaken posted:

I'm sure when the smoke subsides Robot will be in the middle of preaching about heresy.

Bonus, page: Robot and the Robot King's crew reinterpret this scene as one of great victory for the orthodox worship of Kat The Angel. The Seraphs hang their head in shame, boxbot is still terrible. Amen.

maswastaken posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court's endeavour to become gods is finally starting to pay off.

They've managed to create one (1) god. Now I wonder what the gameplan is from there.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Even though she's obscured by quite a bit of smoke here, I'm pretty sure this is happening in front of, like, the entire grade of kids. I hope everyone sees her and not just Paz. That would make things interesting.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So, Paz is dating a robot angel.

And Kat is dating a girl who can communicate with lovecraftian monsters.

Those two are one HELL of a power couple.
Lets not forget that their party also includes a teleporting warrior, a fire-elemental and a Saiyan prince. poo poo's OP as gently caress.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Roger Explosion posted:

Lets not forget that their party also includes a teleporting warrior, a fire-elemental and a Saiyan prince. poo poo's OP as gently caress.

Also Smitty, don't you dare forget Smitty!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Roger Explosion posted:

Even though she's obscured by quite a bit of smoke here, I'm pretty sure this is happening in front of, like, the entire grade of kids. I hope everyone sees her and not just Paz. That would make things interesting.

You forgot the incarnation of good luck. Pretty sweet team.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
I wonder if Paz could hear the whale-thing dying. How close did it come to being an "animal?"

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Does that mean paz has to throw her body off a building?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Also Smitty, don't you dare forget Smitty!

Never underestimate a good support power.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Acne Rain posted:

Does that mean paz has to throw her body off a building?

I'm worried that something might happen to her if anyone ever finds out.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I know it's a trick with the smoke, but Kat seems to just...Stretch out indefinitely behind herself. Like a video game character model that goes insane, it just keeps going until it's nothing but blurs and lines.

All hail the Infinite Kat.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

MikeJF posted:

Never underestimate a good support power.
That's Annie's domain, mate

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Kat's angel form is seriously amazing looking. What an incredible design!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Buff versus Utility. While you need buffs, having a guy who can find just the right spell from his six page spell list is important to ruining encounters and puzzles.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
Yessss, cool Kat returns. :getin:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

karmicknight posted:

Buff versus Utility. While you need buffs, having a guy who can find just the right spell from his six page spell list is important to ruining encounters and puzzles.
We clearly need this thread moved to Traditional Games.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
holy gently caress, that's amazing

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Spikey posted:

I think the smoke is this stuff.
I'd say it's more this stuff. Magic blue biorobot smoke.

That creates angels.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Also, we had it all wrong for so long. Jones is not a robot. Kat has been a robot the whole time. Calling it now.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Love that seraph bot in the 5th panel apparently prostrating himself before Kat.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Also, we had it all wrong for so long. Jones is not a robot. Kat has been a robot the whole time. Calling it now.

Kat is Anja's "safe location" for that super-etheric-computer thingy. Now that I think of it the symbols in the last panel could be a brain and a heart. Especially since earlier in the chapter Annie talks about everyone having their special gift.

This is my theory and I'm sticking with it :colbert:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
And lo, the Seraphs that rose up against the Creator fell, and by her hand were cast out from the light and grace.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
...We're sure she is not talking to Paz, right?

I mean she might be mad at Paz for ruining her whale.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

J.A.B.C. posted:

I know it's a trick with the smoke, but Kat seems to just...Stretch out indefinitely behind herself. Like a video game character model that goes insane, it just keeps going until it's nothing but blurs and lines.

All hail the Infinite Kat.

no i'm pretty sure that's exactly what's happening there, no joke. why wouldn't a god's manifestation appear to be infinite?

Kikas posted:

Kat is Anja's "safe location" for that super-etheric-computer thingy. Now that I think of it the symbols in the last panel could be a brain and a heart. Especially since earlier in the chapter Annie talks about everyone having their special gift.

This is my theory and I'm sticking with it :colbert:

i prefer the idea where kat is simply so good at what she does that being in the right place and the right time can/will/has already caused her to become something more than human

e: too tired to words

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 10, 2014

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
I kinda like the idea that Kat's experiments end up making the robots truly alive/capable of dying, and this is their belief retroactively turning Kat into a god.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Lurdiak posted:

Clearly.

She's only 14, you mecha-pervert.

That's 500000000000000000 computer clock cycles, though!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Kesper North posted:

...We're sure she is not talking to Paz, right?

I mean she might be mad at Paz for ruining her whale.

I had that thought but it makes little sense given her welcome back panel just a page or two ago

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Remember that this is what Kat has looked like for awhile. Zimmy said this was what she saw when she looked at Kat and it terrified her.

I think the theory that she's where Anja's computer is has some merit, although that'd be a little hosed up. Either way, this isn't JUST how the robots perceive her, it can't be. It's connected to the Ether and it has to have some deeper underlying cause.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

BobTheJanitor posted:

Love that seraph bot in the 5th panel apparently prostrating himself before Kat.

The robots may beg for forgiveness, but none shall they receive.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Boogaleeboo posted:

Is it really a cult if you are actually correct? Like if she really is an angel from their belief system, what is wrong with what he's doing?

I feel like this question needs to be echoed in light of today's comic.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ymgve posted:

That's 500 000 000 000 000 000 computer clock cycles, though!
That's a really sick way of looking at it though.

It should be 5*1017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

BobTheJanitor posted:

I don't think there's any "apparently" about it!