Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Boxturret posted:

im so sorry you had to find out you were a robot this way

Not a robot. A cyborg. A cybernetic organism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osRaCi2uSB0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

replace the Nice! Cosby thing with an FYAD-like flag system that anyone can upload too and it randomly shows one. but only computer jokes.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

replace cospop with http://adultcatfinder.com/

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PleasureKevin posted:

an FYAD-like flag system

i would have gone with "a FYAD...", because i pronounce it (in my mind) fie-add

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

extremely pleasing to me

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i pronounce it "fee-ahd" when i explain the forums to girls im trying to impress with my internet comedy savviness

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

i would have gone with "a FYAD...", because i pronounce it (in my mind) fie-add

flyadd was what i said at gooncon '05 to be annoying

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Wheany posted:

Not a robot. A cyborg. A cybernetic organism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osRaCi2uSB0

my cpu is a neural-net processor. a learning computer.

yospos bicth

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
i'm actually legit curious how google determines that you're a human and not a robot when it accepts the checkbox.

at least with text recognition you can argue that they just use the data you enter in the form, but with the new thing, they are definitely tracking you in some way.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/12/09/google-to-enterprise-developers-dont-do-anything-unless-it-can-be-used-by-a-billion/

Many of Google’s apps for Android have crossed over the billion download milestone, such as Gmail, Google Play and YouTube. With the consumer market on stable ground, Google is making a harder push for its enterprise customers.

In an interview with Bloomberg, Thomas Davies, director for Google Enterprise, stated developers should be creating business software that offers a similar experience to the apps customers have on their personal mobile device.

“Don’t do anything unless it can be used by a billion… Do something that is good for other people,” said Davies.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
does anyone have a link to a good way to migrate from gmail to icloud? its not even to suck apple dick, gmail has just gone shittier and shittier and if i could get one single email address i would be a happy man

e: happier

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Wheany posted:

i'm actually legit curious how google determines that you're a human and not a robot when it accepts the checkbox.

at least with text recognition you can argue that they just use the data you enter in the form, but with the new thing, they are definitely tracking you in some way.

they send you a P-code VM and the bytecode for it to interpret, the bytecode measures your browser in various ways and reports the result back to Google

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

newreply.php posted:

does anyone have a link to a good way to migrate from gmail to icloud? its not even to suck apple dick, gmail has just gone shittier and shittier and if i could get one single email address i would be a happy man

lol good job migrating to a dying web service

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

newreply.php posted:

u copy the emails over with the mail client of ur choice op

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

newreply.php posted:

i used to have both the gmail account and iCloud account on my mac/phone, but google would like nag me about passwords so i just set up a forward from gmail.com settings and i never have to think about it again.

but i'm sure you can import your old messages too so you can search.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

jfc

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
someone end this person immediately please

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

i just scrolled on by once he snubbed the 3 bucks

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

flyadd was what i said at gooncon '05 to be annoying

what was gooncon like

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
gently caress me dead is his time literally worthless to him? How long did he sit at the keyboard typing put all the crap?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Maluco Marinero posted:

gently caress me dead is his time literally worthless to him? How long did he sit at the keyboard typing put all the crap?

hes a lawyer, he can probably type that in his sleep

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the sichuan garden restaurant gives the worst liquid fire rear end anyway, joke's on him lmao

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Forums Terrorist posted:

i just scrolled on by once he snubbed the 3 bucks

he was over charged by £2

just dont buy food from them again its only two loving quid

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

my gf got take-out for me (👼) the other day and they gave her the wrong thing. we called them from our house and they told us to bring it back but it was like -3 out. so we're totally expecting a freebie, but they offer us the $0.40 difference next time we come in. we were pretty surprised. the next time we went they gave us $0.05 and we had to contest that a bit until they checked the menu again and gave us the $0.40. it was kind of surreal, there was no "sorry", but they were not native english speakers and they didn't seem like they were being prinks to get jollies or anything. i'm still not burned bad enough not to go back, but i'm barely going to tip ahaha.

google sucks!!!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
why do you live anywhere it gets to -3?

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

he was over charged by £2

just dont buy food from them again its only two loving quid

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
wtf does this have to do with google and how terrible they are?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

my gf got take-out for me (👼) the other day and they gave her the wrong thing. we called them from our house and they told us to bring it back but it was like -3 out. so we're totally expecting a freebie, but they offer us the $0.40 difference next time we come in. we were pretty surprised. the next time we went they gave us $0.05 and we had to contest that a bit until they checked the menu again and gave us the $0.40. it was kind of surreal, there was no "sorry", but they were not native english speakers and they didn't seem like they were being prinks to get jollies or anything. i'm still not burned bad enough not to go back, but i'm barely going to tip ahaha.

google sucks!!!

they're just being very cautious and precise. probably first-gen immigrants, paying attention to every cent.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

The Management posted:

have you heard of chaos theory, my friend?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

google sucks!!!

lol

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i can understand why people hate people in academia

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

MADRID — Google said Thursday it will shut down its Google News service in Spain to prevent publishers' content from appearing on it — ahead of a new law requiring the Internet search company to pay Spanish news organizations for linked content or snippets of news.

The move marks the first time globally that Google Inc. will shutter Google News and comes ahead of a new Spanish intellectual property law going into effect Jan. 1 nicknamed the "Google Tax."

The company's News product for Spain will stop linking content from Spanish publishers and close on Dec. 16, Google said in a statement.

ahhahahaha, we can't be freeloaders so we are taking.. well not taking your ball.. anymore.. and going home! so there!

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i have never seen anyone use google news for anything in the past 3 years

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

newreply.php posted:

i look at it once or twice a day, just to get a very general idea of what's happening in the world

and if there's a particular event i want to read about, the news search is pretty good

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

instead of europe just bemoaning us companies for making poo poo people voluntarily choose to use have they ever considered doing anything at all for themselves? youd think with how us-centric all of the poo poo is it would be far easier to just compete rather than just throw up their hands and surrender every market to foreign competition

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

prefect posted:

i look at it once or twice a day, just to get a very general idea of what's happening in the world

and if there's a particular event i want to read about, the news search is pretty good
same

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

newreply.php posted:

google referrers get you past some paywalls so theres that

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

prefect posted:

cir.ca is pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

The Management posted:

apparently the lawyer in question did some work against google not advertising exactly what it should

so theres that

• Locked thread