Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

i thought the new line of intel cpus were attached to the motherboards or am i thinking of the upcoming chipset?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

:shrug:

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

people who haven't signed up for GOG.com accounts yet, they give you 4 free games straight off.
who broke down and bought the pigeon dating sim?

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale is actually pretty good. loan sharks, gouging customers on prices, and anime characters that are tolerable.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tuluk posted:

who broke down and bought the pigeon dating sim?

waiting on the ps4 version

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

holocaust bloopers posted:

Here's a few screenshots I took today.

Those are screenshots?! :stare:
goddamn

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

As of now there are pre-made lobbies that cycle out. You race against other people online or whomever you're in a club with. Private lobbies is supposedly in the works.

There is a fully realized time trial mode that is, I think, the heart of the game. Pick a car, weather, time of day, rate of time change, track, and go race. There is no rallying. Tracks are based on real-world roads found in each country. There are proper tracks, which are fictional. You also have the ability to do all of that, but in a one-off race, and then there's the actual 'campaign' which is a crummy old school Tour mode that requires specific goals to be met to earn starts that unlock other events. It can get grindy and not fun. I'd rather just make my own races to earn XP that way.

It's no secret that I love Driveclub. It's a game that tosses a very good selection of cars onto some fun road/track courses with fully dynamic weather and day/night cycle. There's just an absolute ton of variety and challenge inherent to the game because of that.

The handling model skews towards sim in the sense that smart, proper driving is rewarded while the ability to kick out the tail of a car and beat up on it is there and equally as fun. The best way I can phrase it is it's Top Gear's style of driving come to live in an accessible manner. No need to pore over car setups or whatever. Each car drives in a unique manner and some are absolutely out to kill you for bad driving like the RUF cars, which is how they are in real life.

Here's a few screenshots I took today.

Make some of those posts here too: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3686108
tia

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Feel free to use whatever I've previously posted. I'll be in that thread later on when I'm free.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUCfX1P1ik

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yo fags. For anyone who got the C&C pack, there's a patch that APPARENTLY unlocks multiplayer as well as providing higher resolutions, amongst other things.
Anyone keen to try?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-unofficial-patch-106/downloads/cc95-v106c-revision-3-patch

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Also Frank Klepacki pretty much made himself famous with Hell March but there's some really good stuff on the C&C soundtrack too

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Hey Elite bros,

You need to get on the rare goods gravy train before Frontier shuts it down. Here's a list of systems. Xihe - Thrutis is a good one.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63119

Here's a site to help plan routes:
https://www.elitedangeroustrader.co.uk/route-planner/

And some music to space truck to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0UJk4EUzB0

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

unfffffffffffffffffffff that's like one of my favourite bits of music from a film ever

hell to be honest i loved that film something fierce, i've had a massive hard on for sci fi since i was a kid and i loved that they tried to do a serious sci fi with about the most ridiculous premise ever

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 10, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Two Finger posted:

unfffffffffffffffffffff that's like one of my favourite bits of music from a film ever

hell to be honest i loved that film something fierce, i've had a massive hard on for sci fi since i was a kid and i loved that they tried to do a serious sci fi with about the most ridiculous premise ever

Just now I managed to sync the buildup in the song with charging my FTL drive and it cut to that quiet portion as I jumped :gizz:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

also that film had a kiwi in it lol

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Hey Elite bros,

You need to get on the rare goods gravy train before Frontier shuts it down. Here's a list of systems. Xihe - Thrutis is a good one.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63119

Here's a site to help plan routes:
https://www.elitedangeroustrader.co.uk/route-planner/

And some music to space truck to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0UJk4EUzB0

man I'm way too far out past aldebaran. maybe I'll try to grab a couple of these

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hahahahahah holy poo poo
i just watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkBK0lIeMQU
with that music in the background
goddamned amazing

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...Name=snoopsagan

seriously this is incredible

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

krispykremessuck posted:

man I'm way too far out past aldebaran. maybe I'll try to grab a couple of these

I just got into an Asp and am kiting it out for exploration.

Gonna find some black holes :getin:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Asp is already kitted out (class A size 5 shields were a game-changer) and my war chest is at 8 mil and climbing until they nerf trading and mining. Only thing I haven't committed to is an armor upgrade.

Question about kinetic weapons: cannons, frag cannons, or multi cannons? I have beam lasers in my medium slots and out of the other three I've been most happy with frag cannons in two of the small slots. The last two slots have seeker missiles for pure damage output on bigger targets. Thoughts?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I built mine for deep space excursions so my weapons are 4x pulse lasers (gimballed) in the small slots and gimballed cannons in the medium slots. Those only really get used against large ships.

I prefer cannons for heavy hitting kinetics but by their nature they're only really good against larger targets. My only complaint about the frag cannon is that the ammo pool is too small :argh:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I may pick up Elite this month. Can we all meet up a do stuff?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Frag cannons make Vipers go POOF on the first pass after the beam lasers kill the shields. It's glorious.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I finally built a good pc so now I can run Far Cry 4 on ultra. Anyone else want to gently caress around in that or Insurgency add me on Steam (Huge Meaty Genitalia)

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Destiny expansion review: pretty lame

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

The actual race track levels in driveclub are super punishing when you gently caress up since there's no wall/fence to graze and keep going. So you gently caress up and lose grip and the car just flies sideways off the track like its covered in ice. :v:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I have made of my mind on whatever I should get a PS4 or XBONE...

Im getting a Wii U

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

SperginMcBadposter posted:

The actual race track levels in driveclub are super punishing when you gently caress up since there's no wall/fence to graze and keep going. So you gently caress up and lose grip and the car just flies sideways off the track like its covered in ice. :v:

It helps to know what cars are like under braking. Some respond well to braking and steering inputs while others will just fling you into the wall if you don't brake then turn in.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ElMaligno posted:

I have made of my mind on whatever I should get a PS4 or XBONE...

Im getting a Wii U

New Zelda game looks pretty cool. Roughly Oblivion-quality graphics, which is good.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Godholio posted:

New Zelda game looks pretty cool. Roughly Oblivion-quality graphics, which is good.

Obliv quality graphics you say? So the wiiu is stepped up to an xbox360 quality? Wow.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Deathy McDeath posted:

Destiny expansion review: pretty lame

Holy poo poo. The paid story expansion content for Destiny is, so far, just the same maps as the normal game, but going backward. I wish I was kidding. They are charging people for this poo poo. This is the first DLC pack and the "story" is literally just revisiting the same maps with new VO/music/audio clips and enemies swapped in from other environments with new names/life bars and maybe a palette swap.

gently caress this game forever. This is the biggest goddamn crock of poo poo I've ever seen. Bungie is straight-up ripping people off at this point, and no amount of Stockholm syndrome will convince me otherwise. I don't care how good the mechanics are anymore, if I had paid money for this, I would be even more pissed off than I already am at a game that literally forces you to replay the same limited content over and over again for dozens of hours to get loot.

This is insane.

copy/paste from ps4 thread. lol

I mean it was fun when it was all new and such but I don't get how people do the same exact strike over and over and over and fight the same bosses. Was hoping the season pass poo poo was just another part of the game they chopped up to make DLC but I guess not

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

:monocle:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

ded posted:

Obliv quality graphics you say? So the wiiu is stepped up to an xbox360 quality? Wow.

:lol: if you've bought a Nintendo console for the graphics.

The Wii U is about as strong as a 360 with more memory available to do poo poo like suspend games and open the store at the same time. However, there are a lot of really fun games that Nintendo makes and I play mine more than my PS4.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

if i could still buy one of the refurbished Wii-Us from Nintendo for $200, I'd probably do so. But they sold out once Smash Bros dropped, so I'm just going to buy a new fight stick for my PS4.

Apathetic Medic
Apr 22, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hey, is there anyone left with a playstation 4 that doesn't own Destiny?? If someone like that exists here send me a private message so I can spread some Christmas cheer.

Edit: Game is gone to a good home, glad I found a gipper instead of a rando goon to get it out to

Apathetic Medic fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 10, 2014

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

*RAM, video card, storage, etc not pictured. That's all being taken from the old pc.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

*RAM, video card, storage, etc not pictured. That's all being taken from the old pc.

:thumbsup:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I will trade you my laptop from 2009.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The psu came in a felt bag. Stolen right from Crown Royale.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

My system could use an upgrade, or at least a quieter case, but ehh.

I'm gaming more and more on my PS4, except for GGPO and Dark Souls 2. (which im prolly buying again on ps4)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Did you make that hardware stack for your reddit post you nerd

I'm jealous though. I've been upgrading one piece at a time so I haven't looked at a big pile of shiny new stuff in years.

• Locked thread