Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Cannot believe Tripp is dead. I felt like the writers were leading us on him and Simmons romance... Which I would have loved because seeing a dork like Fitz tortured emotionally would have been pretty hilarious.

RIP Trimmons or Sipplet

Also, Skye shooting Ward without hesitation is the best thing I've seen on TV. It was perfect.

But since award is alive, there is still chance for return of Skyward! :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Phylodox posted:

Confirmed, Koenig is a Doombot.

I actually hope that they never say what he is, and people just continue to speculate on it for years to come.

He's totally a Doombot.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

First week of april

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Jusupov posted:

First week of april

:negative: Why do you do this to me

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Hand of the King posted:

Cannot believe Tripp is dead. I felt like the writers were leading us on him and Simmons romance... Which I would have loved because seeing a dork like Fitz tortured emotionally would have been pretty hilarious.

RIP Trimmons or Sipplet

Also, Skye shooting Ward without hesitation is the best thing I've seen on TV. It was perfect.

But since award is alive, there is still chance for return of Skyward! :swoon:

Good lord. :ughh:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Regarding the cameo talk: what I don't get is why they're not doing the reverse thing and giving the TV crew a scene or two in the movies. I know they've already said they're not gonna do it in AoU, and it's just a weird choice, to me. If you're that concerned about confusing people who haven't been watching the show, make it the after-credits scene or something. Isn't giving all the people who aren't watching the show a nudge to say "hey, start tuning in, dummies, you're missing poo poo" one of the advantages of a shared universe?

Also, it'd just be a cute cameo in AoU, but I think as we get to the Inhumans and Captain Marvel and Infinity War we'll be getting into "where was Hawkeye during Winter Soldier, surely this sort of thing affected him" territory.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

CapnAndy posted:

Regarding the cameo talk: what I don't get is why they're not doing the reverse thing and giving the TV crew a scene or two in the movies. I know they've already said they're not gonna do it in AoU, and it's just a weird choice, to me. If you're that concerned about confusing people who haven't been watching the show, make it the after-credits scene or something. Isn't giving all the people who aren't watching the show a nudge to say "hey, start tuning in, dummies, you're missing poo poo" one of the advantages of a shared universe?

Also, it'd just be a cute cameo in AoU, but I think as we get to the Inhumans and Captain Marvel and Infinity War we'll be getting into "where was Hawkeye during Winter Soldier, surely this sort of thing affected him" territory.

Because the vast majority of people who go to see the movies don't give a poo poo about this show and the people who give a poo poo about this show are already going to see the movies.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

CapnAndy posted:

Actor contracts can be really annoying and paying them to be in a movie is different than paying them to be on a TV show. It really boils down to money. There is no financial reason for them to do this.

Hawkeye was allegedly planned to have a scene in Cap 2 that was never shot due to various reasons. It all boils down to money.

Dan Didio posted:

Because the vast majority of people who go to see the movies don't give a poo poo about this show and the people who give a poo poo about this show are already going to see the movies.

Just to be clear, you aren't insinuating that Disney would turn down the opportunity to increase revenue off of one of its TV shows, right? I mean the statement you made is generally correct, as things currently stand, but if Disney could double or triple the number of eyes watching AOS every week, they would.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

Just to be clear, you aren't insinuating that Disney would turn down the opportunity to increase revenue off of one of its TV shows, right? I mean the statement you made is generally correct, as things currently stand, but if Disney could double or triple the number of eyes watching AOS every week, they would.

I'm sure Disney would love to have everyone who watches the Marvel movies watch this show, or improve the viewership of this show in other significant ways, but they can't and won't do that by dragging characters over to the films for cameos.

This show is subservient to the editorial yoke of the movies and will remain so, despite how stupid specific predictions about who can appear where are proven.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
It couldn't hurt to have Simmons technobabble for a few seconds to Stark or Hunter bitch to Hawkeye on a helicopter about these super powered people though.

Really great episode, and already making plots for the return. Mack's secret drive, Ward manipulating 33, the Inhuman network and probably some changes for Skye and Raina too.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

I'm sure Disney would love to have everyone who watches the Marvel movies watch this show, or improve the viewership of this show in other significant ways, but they can't and won't do that by dragging characters over to the films for cameos.

This show is subservient to the editorial yoke of the movies and will remain so, despite how stupid specific predictions about who can appear where are proven.

Nick Fury and Maria Hill have both made some cameos. It's not that crazy to expect, though I won't be holding my breath.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

JerikTelorian posted:

Nick Fury and Maria Hill have both made some cameos. It's not that crazy to expect, though I won't be holding my breath.

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I just said. People cameoing in this show, from the movies, helps this show, which is a good thing for Disney, people cameoing in the movies, from this show does not help the movies in a way that is significant enough for the effort to be worth it.

Regardless of who appears where, this show will almost certainly always exist as a supplement to the movies in the most unimpactful way to those movies success as possible and that's not something that's been changed by the most recent episode at all.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 10, 2014

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

So Skye is Daisy, and Raina, the flower dress girl, is now covered in thorns. is there an inhuman named Rose?

There's no Inhuman, but there is a Monica Rappacini in the marvel universe. She's an AIM biochemist that specializes in toxins and is named after a Hawthorne short story about a woman who is toxic to touch because of some plant genetics.

Edit: she also dated Modok

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 10, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Dan Didio posted:

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I just said. People cameoing in this show, from the movies, helps this show, which is a good thing for Disney, people cameoing in this show does not help the movies in a way that is significant enough for the effort to be worth it.

Regardless of who appears where, this show will almost certainly always exist as a supplement to the movies in the most unimpactful way to those movies success as possible and that's not something that's been changed by the most recent episode at all.

There is a level past doubling down...

We call this the triple down.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Error 404 posted:

There is a level past doubling down...

We call this the triple down.

Feel free to explain why any of that is wrong.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I don't really understand the purpose of this argument to be honest. Who cares what's going on with the movies, we have an awesome show in front of us right now about an Inhuman Daisy Quakin Johnson that seems like it will be mostly about Inhumans for the rest of season 2. Plus Daredevil on Netflix next year. I'm enjoying life.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Guys I'm new to this thread but I just want to say that this show rules, I can't wait until April, and Disney has definitely banned AOS from using the word Inhuman until the second week of the film's Taiwanese theatrical run.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Guys I'm new to this thread but I just want to say that this show rules, I can't wait until April, and Disney has definitely banned AOS from using the word Inhuman until the second week of the film's Taiwanese theatrical run.

I'm not really sure that's true, given that the executive producers are calling Skye an Inhuman in all their interviews right now. It's more likely that anyone that would use the term Inhuman hasn't been introduced yet, or wasn't introduced until the after-credits eyeless stinger. I imagine their history and all that jazz is second half of season 2 material.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojzt8B94Ym4

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

mikeraskol posted:

I'm not really sure that's true, given that the executive producers are calling Skye an Inhuman in all their interviews right now. It's more likely that anyone that would use the term Inhuman hasn't been introduced yet, or wasn't introduced until the after-credits eyeless stinger. I imagine their history and all that jazz is second half of season 2 material.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he was joking, you know, with the second week of the Taiwanese theatrical run thing.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he was joking, you know, with the second week of the Taiwanese theatrical run thing.

I assumed real point made with hyperbole, but you may be right!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

If anything, they'll tease out the use of 'inhuman' for weeks just to troll us all until they finally use it and then the thread will flood with 'THEY SAID THE THING'.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Xtanstic posted:

If anything, they'll tease out the use of 'inhuman' for weeks just to troll us all until they finally use it and then the thread will flood with 'THEY SAID THE THING'.

I really liked how they kept dragging out calling her "Daisy", even after the casual "Hi, I'm Cal" namedrop that pretty much confirmed everything. It was fun.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

mikeraskol posted:

I assumed real point made with hyperbole, but you may be right!

Naw, I was totally joking. They will say Inhuman within the first 3 episodes of the second half of the season. Probably when ol No Eyes finally finds Skye.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Dan Didio posted:

Feel free to explain why any of that is wrong.

The fact they introduced Inhumans about four years before the movie? You are being a dumb as Barry is.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Cat Terrist posted:

The fact they introduced Inhumans about four years before the movie? You are being a dumb as Barry is.

That has nothing to do with what I said. Please do not be rude.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

It's ComicmasterAnthony's birthday today and he's 33 and you know what that means, guys!

*every character from every Marvel comic, mini-series, tv show and movie comes into Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for a HUGE party*

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dan Didio posted:

That has nothing to do with what I said. Please do not be rude.

All bets are off.

There are no rules, anymore.

This is Thunderdome now, baby.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Phylodox posted:

All bets are off.

There are no rules, anymore.

This is Thunderdome now, baby.

Emptyquote.
:getin:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Jusupov posted:

First week of april

March 3rd

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I somewhat doubt they'll say "Inhuman" only because why would they? Like, unless it turns out that the other Inhumans call themselves that -- which, admittedly, they might -- it's not what I'd expect someone to come up with if they were just searching for a term to refer to the group. I mean... it's a kinda mean word, y'know?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

It's only mean if you're human.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dan Didio posted:

It's only mean if you're human.

Or if you wanna be.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

CapnAndy posted:

I somewhat doubt they'll say "Inhuman" only because why would they? Like, unless it turns out that the other Inhumans call themselves that -- which, admittedly, they might -- it's not what I'd expect someone to come up with if they were just searching for a term to refer to the group. I mean... it's a kinda mean word, y'know?

I could see the showrunners wanting to incorporate the usage of the word into the show if only to get the audience use to the term before the movie.

As for the characters, there are lots of ways they could bring up the name.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
*Fake News interviewee* "These people with powers need to be stopped and controlled they are so Inhuman"

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I don't like season 2 of Agents of SHIELD so far.

In typical comic book fashion they have taken a great, fun, simple concept and turned it into a self serious emo shitshow.

Season 2 displays almost none of the charm, humor, or fun of season 1. It's a depressing, boring, plodding hot mess that doesn't know what it wants to be in terms of tone whose plot moves too slow to get invested in anything. The new characters are boring, too. I don't even know their names aside from Bobbi. It's okay, but hardly fun comedic spy nerd show of the original season. My boyfriend and I have aughed a few times once and we are seven episodes in.

I doubt it'll get better. The characters aren't even characters anymore. The character interaction of season 1? Gone. Skye is basically a non-character now. She hasn't hacked once this entire season and displays none of her past ideological underpinnings that made me like her. All she cares about is finding her dad and doing what Coulson says and being May-lite.

Lola, the camaraderie of Fitz-Simmons, the lighthearted banter between May and Ward, the relationships of the team, all of it has taken a step back to some alien claptrap and the characters was what made me like Agents of Shield to begin with. This new season is like watching some a sci-fi spy Law and Order rather than something resembling a show based off a line of comic books and I find the amount of praise it has received this season to be frankly, odd.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Himuro posted:

I don't like season 2 of Agents of SHIELD so far.

In typical comic book fashion they have taken a great, fun, simple concept and turned it into a self serious emo shitshow.

Season 2 displays almost none of the charm, humor, or fun of season 1. It's a depressing, boring, plodding hot mess that doesn't know what it wants to be in terms of tone whose plot moves too slow to get invested in anything. The new characters are boring, too. I don't even know their names aside from Bobbi. It's okay, but hardly fun comedic spy nerd show of the original season. My boyfriend and I have aughed a few times once and we are seven episodes in.

I doubt it'll get better. The characters aren't even characters anymore. The character interaction of season 1? Gone. Skye is basically a non-character now. She hasn't hacked once this entire season and displays none of her past ideological underpinnings that made me like her. All she cares about is finding her dad and doing what Coulson says and being May-lite.

Lola, the camaraderie of Fitz-Simmons, the lighthearted banter between May and Ward, the relationships of the team, all of it has taken a step back to some alien claptrap and the characters was what made me like Agents of Shield to begin with. This new season is like watching some a sci-fi spy Law and Order rather than something resembling a show based off a line of comic books and I find the amount of praise it has received this season to be frankly, odd.

Doombot spotted

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

No, I think we might be dealing with an infiltrator from the Negative Zone.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
okay, it's my alt account, I needed some way to take the heat off me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Barry Convex posted:

okay, it's my alt account, I needed some way to take the heat off me

You think season 2 sucks balls too? High five, other me.

• Locked thread